Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1295476 08/02/17 03:06 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,168
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,168
I think I want to discuss this topic after reading the now closed Ice thread. Hopefully it won't turn into insults and name calling.

Now before I begin I'll address the other thread by starting with a quote by Old Cold Dawg.

Quote:
I'd say illegal immigrants are more likely to be victimized/exploited than to commit a felony crime.


I'll start by saying I'll accept this as truth. I will also accept as fact that illegal immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than non illegals. Lastly, I will even accept the 40% of illegals arrive by air. That number was thrown out by Jorge Ramos, a very vocal supporter for immigration reform.

OCD makes a valid point but I think it supports my view that illegal immigration is bad. By allowing this to happen we have created a sub-class in this country. It also lowers wages for Americans across many industries.

The fact that illegal immigrants commit crimes less than other sectors is great. The thing is we can't deport natural born criminals to lower crime rates, however, we can cut out crime by the minority of illegals by getting rid of illegal immigration.

There is a lot of talk about building a wall. That imo would lower (but not get rid of) human trafficking and drug trafficking, thus saving lives of some of the most vulnerable. Now will building the entire wall be wise? I think not. However, protecting the boarder in some areas probably will be beneficial.

Now, things we can do to stop illegal immigration.

Firstly, change the green card laws to streamline the process. Eve is right. I have heard horror stories about people who want to come here legally.
Secondly, enact e-verify. I know a lot of people on the right don't want to do this because businesses love illegals. They are much more likely to work in sub par conditions and lower wages.
Thirdly, track those that come here legally but overstay their visas.

I'm willing to bet we can actually increase the number of low wage immigrants coming into the country if we do these things, at the same time increasing wages at the lower end jobs.

I actually had more to say but my thoughts escape me at this time of night. I will expand my thoughts at a later time.


#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
While we hear so much about building a wall, we hear very little about actually addressing the issue of why they come here. Jobs.

If we actually focused on punishing the companies that hire illegals, then the jobs they come here for wouldn't be here. You can't dangle candy under a childs nose and not expect them to eat it.

These companies are just as guilty of breaking our laws as the people who come here illegally for those jobs. It's time we focus on both ends of the supply chain.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
First Priority is removing the Illegal Alien Murderers, Rapists, and Gang Members from our Country. Then maybe we can talk.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
We need to talk now. The biggest thing drawing illegals to this country is jobs. Take away the jobs and we take away the reason most of them enter this nation illegally. You can't work on only one side of the issue when you aren't addressing why they keep coming here in the first place.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,899
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,899
Who will do the jobs? Will Americans pick tomatoes and other fruits and veg in the fields? Will they work other strenuous, difficult, hard labour or other jobs that don't pay a lot? If you want the pay to go up then as a nation we need to accept higher prices on pretty much everything. Especially food.

Oh, and those Levi's and Nike's you wear...just remember they were made for super cheap in Asia so you can afford them. Same with your phone and most everything you own, wear or use on a daily basis. Make them here and expect to pay double or triple. When people begin to spend less then the economy slows down. It's a double edged sword, folks. We are an economy built on consumerism. The less money we have at the end of the month, the less we spend and the economy feels the hit. Why else do you think they make computers that last on average 3-5 years, cars that people change on a fairly regular basis and phones that people want to upgrade every 2 years and vacuums that break down after 3 years? Remember those days of the trusty Electrolux that would last forever? Or the stereo receiver that was built like a tank and weighed 80lbs? Yea, those days are gone. They WANT us to buy, buy, buy.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,961
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Who will do the jobs? Will Americans pick tomatoes and other fruits and veg in the fields? Will they work other strenuous, difficult, hard labour or other jobs that don't pay a lot? If you want the pay to go up then as a nation we need to accept higher prices on pretty much everything. Especially food.

Honest question, as I don't know the answer: Do people still walk the fields picking tomatoes? I know 30-40 years ago, around here they did. Migrant workers.

Now? All machine picked as far as I can see.

Quote:


Oh, and those Levi's and Nike's you wear...just remember they were made for super cheap in Asia so you can afford them. Same with your phone and most everything you own, wear or use on a daily basis. Make them here and expect to pay double or triple. When people begin to spend less then the economy slows down. It's a double edged sword, folks. We are an economy built on consumerism. The less money we have at the end of the month, the less we spend and the economy feels the hit. Why else do you think they make computers that last on average 3-5 years, cars that people change on a fairly regular basis and phones that people want to upgrade every 2 years and vacuums that break down after 3 years? Remember those days of the trusty Electrolux that would last forever? Or the stereo receiver that was built like a tank and weighed 80lbs? Yea, those days are gone. They WANT us to buy, buy, buy.


I think you're kind of hitting it here.

We've had threads on here about where the cheapest place is to buy a t.v., etc.

The mom and pop store in town can't sell as cheap as the big box stores, or on line places. Problem is, the mom and pop stores offer customer service beyond believe - again, just in my experience.

I could list several examples just for me personally, of customer service that is/was above and beyond anything expected, from local, small time places - but, that microwave cost $50 more than a big box store. That t.v. was $75 more.

See, everyone wants to be paid more, yet most will shop at the big box stores, or on line, in order to save a couple of dollars.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
There has ALWAYS been a legal process to have visas for farmworkers. Even when I was a child.

But it is a popular myth perpetrated by the left.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Trump, GOP senators introduce bill to slash legal immigration levels

President Trump on Wednesday endorsed a new bill in the Senate aimed at slashing legal immigration levels over a decade, a goal Trump endorsed on the campaign trail that would represent a profound change to U.S. immigration policies that have been in place for half a century.

Trump appeared with Sens. Tom Cotton (Ark.) and David Perdue (Ga.) at the White House to unveil a modified version of a bill the senators first introduced in April to cut immigration by half from the current level of more than 1 million green cards per year granting foreigners permanent legal residence in the United States.

The outlines of the legislation reflect the aims Trump touted on the campaign trail, when he argued that the rapid growth of immigration over five decades had harmed job opportunities for American workers and led to risks to national security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...m=.77bf59462024

President Trump keeps coming through with the promises Candidate Trump made!

thumbsup

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,899
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg


Honest question, as I don't know the answer: Do people still walk the fields picking tomatoes? I know 30-40 years ago, around here they did. Migrant workers.

Now? All machine picked as far as I can see.


Yep. Still hand picked in parts of this state and I assume that is the case in other states. It is not uncommon for our Latino students to get summer jobs in the fields helping a family member.



Quote:
I think you're kind of hitting it here.

We've had threads on here about where the cheapest place is to buy a t.v., etc.

The mom and pop store in town can't sell as cheap as the big box stores, or on line places. Problem is, the mom and pop stores offer customer service beyond believe - again, just in my experience.

I could list several examples just for me personally, of customer service that is/was above and beyond anything expected, from local, small time places - but, that microwave cost $50 more than a big box store. That t.v. was $75 more.

See, everyone wants to be paid more, yet most will shop at the big box stores, or on line, in order to save a couple of dollars.


Portland has a saying "Keep Portland Weird". Many tourists often think that is because of the colorful people on our streets that made 'Portlandia' popular. No, it was originally created by the owner of an independent music store (Music Millennium) about the number of indie shops we have and people from other parts of the country thinking it was "weird". Most people visiting notice how there are relatively few big name brand stores in downtown Portland and relatively few billboards. The shops that line the streets are mom and pop shops thus, making people say "Portland is weird...it doesn't have chain stores". Sure we do....they just tend to be in the suburbs.

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,899
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg


I think you're kind of hitting it here.

We've had threads on here about where the cheapest place is to buy a t.v., etc.

The mom and pop store in town can't sell as cheap as the big box stores, or on line places. Problem is, the mom and pop stores offer customer service beyond believe - again, just in my experience.

I could list several examples just for me personally, of customer service that is/was above and beyond anything expected, from local, small time places - but, that microwave cost $50 more than a big box store. That t.v. was $75 more.

See, everyone wants to be paid more, yet most will shop at the big box stores, or on line, in order to save a couple of dollars.


Wal-Mart did the same thing. They came into town with mega low prices, killed their competition and in some cases then raised prices. It and the shopping mall was the death of local Main Street USA.

Amazon isn't helping either but, one thing Amazon does do that I think is somewhat encouraging is the whole "Amazon Marketplace" where one can link to outside of Amazon and even purchase from local mom and pop shops for certain items.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,642
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,642
Why would we want to slash legal immigration? I thought illegal immigration (more accurately, illegal aliens) were the problem?


Seriously... wasn't the whole immigration debate centered on people that enter the country illegally?


"FIALURE IS NOT AN OPTION...!"

-mac
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Why would we want to slash legal immigration? I thought illegal immigration (more accurately, illegal aliens) were the problem?


Seriously... wasn't the whole immigration debate centered on people that enter the country illegally?


No. Trump promised to rid the Country of illegal aliens and to only allow immigration of qualified applicants in the future.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,168
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,168
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While we hear so much about building a wall, we hear very little about actually addressing the issue of why they come here. Jobs.

If we actually focused on punishing the companies that hire illegals, then the jobs they come here for wouldn't be here. You can't dangle candy under a childs nose and not expect them to eat it.

These companies are just as guilty of breaking our laws as the people who come here illegally for those jobs. It's time we focus on both ends of the supply chain.


I agree completely. That's way I believe e-verify is so important.


#gmstrong
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While we hear so much about building a wall, we hear very little about actually addressing the issue of why they come here. Jobs.

If we actually focused on punishing the companies that hire illegals, then the jobs they come here for wouldn't be here. You can't dangle candy under a childs nose and not expect them to eat it.

These companies are just as guilty of breaking our laws as the people who come here illegally for those jobs. It's time we focus on both ends of the supply chain.


I agree completely. That's way I believe e-verify is so important.


I been bitchin and moaning about that for a decade .... what a JOKE ... problem is it puts to much money into business owners pockets who get it into the lobbyists pockets to funnel to the politicians pockets so it will NEVER be enforced ....

A real shame ...




Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/02/dreamer-accused-brutally-raping-woman-in-washington.html

DREAMer accused of brutally raping woman in Seattle suburb

SEATTLE – A 23-year-old DREAMer in Washington state is accused of brutally raping a 19-year-old woman in her apartment complex's gym and leaving her with severe facial injuries -- including a broken jaw and dangling ear.

The woman ended up stumbling home with missing teeth, a bloody head and wearing only a black tank top, according to court documents obtained by Fox News. She was working out in the gym in Burien, a Seattle suburb, before the June 25 assault and did not know her attacker, police said.

Salvador Diaz-Garcia, an illegal immigrant who was a recipient of Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, is now facing second-degree assault and rape charges in the vicious attack. He also faces child molestation charges for allegedly assaulting a 14-year-old the same day the rape occurred.

His DACA status has been revoked and he now may face possible deportation, officials said.

According to police, the woman was on the treadmill of the gym at 9:15 p.m. when Diaz-Garcia stood behind her and kept asking her questions. She asked him to move.

Diaz-Garcia then violently attacked her, police said, leaving her with a broken jaw, a broken nose and her ear partially ripped off.

PORTLAND'S SANCTUARY POLICIES TO BLAME FOR HORRIFIC RAPES, SAYS GOP LEADER

The victim told police that a month before, her attacker had groped her and then ran away. Diaz-Garcia lived in the same apartment complex as the victim, but the two had never met.

He was arrested four days after the attack when witnesses and surveillance footage allegedly captured him watching girls at the complex's pool just before the attack. Investigators say they found what they believe is the victim’s blood on his pants. A rape kit found DNA on her.

“The state is extremely concerned for the defendant’s brazen, bold, and violent behavior towards young women,” prosecutors said in court documents.

Diaz-Garcia was granted DREAMer status in 2013 and renewed it twice since then, most recently this past January. Immigration officials said his DACA status was recently revoked.

PORTLAND MAN ACCUSED OF SEXUALLY ASSAULTING 65-YEAR-OLD HAD BEEN DEPORTED 20 TIMES

Burien passed a sanctuary law in January, but now there's a backlash. Residents have gathered enough signatures to force a vote on if the city should continue to shield undocumented immigrants. Residents are likely to vote on the issue in November, which could be the first referendum of its kind in the U.S.

"You want to lean toward having this welcoming 'we want everybody here to be happy and feel safe,'” said Debi Wagner, a Burien councilwoman. “How can we guarantee that if we don't know anything about people living in our midst?"

Diaz-Garcia is being held on $350,000 bail in Kings County Jail.




Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
[b]
President Trump keeps coming through with the promises Candidate Trump made!

thumbsup


Not sure I heard of the promise of pitting our minority work force against the migrant immigrant labor. But I guess that's one way to force the unemployed or underemployed minorities into slave labor for chump change. thumbsup Good job Prez Chalk up another win for Bannon and the Alt right. thumbsup


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
[b]
President Trump keeps coming through with the promises Candidate Trump made!

thumbsup


Not sure I heard of the promise of pitting our minority work force against the migrant immigrant labor. But I guess that's one way to force the unemployed or underemployed minorities into slave labor for chump change. thumbsup Good job Prez Chalk up another win for Bannon and the Alt right. thumbsup


Man you got that upside down and backwards. With the elimination of illegal aliens who drive wages down, the Black and Legal immigrants Americans will end up with more jobs available and higher paychecks.

Think before you type. rolleyes

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
[b]
President Trump keeps coming through with the promises Candidate Trump made!

thumbsup


Not sure I heard of the promise of pitting our minority work force against the migrant immigrant labor. But I guess that's one way to force the unemployed or underemployed minorities into slave labor for chump change. thumbsup Good job Prez Chalk up another win for Bannon and the Alt right. thumbsup


Man you got that upside down and backwards. With the elimination of illegal aliens who drive wages down, the Black and Legal immigrants Americans will end up with more jobs available and higher paychecks.

Think before you type. rolleyes


I think you are listening to Trump and not doing any research. So, you will need to prove that point.


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
[b]
President Trump keeps coming through with the promises Candidate Trump made!

thumbsup


Not sure I heard of the promise of pitting our minority work force against the migrant immigrant labor. But I guess that's one way to force the unemployed or underemployed minorities into slave labor for chump change. thumbsup Good job Prez Chalk up another win for Bannon and the Alt right. thumbsup


Man you got that upside down and backwards. With the elimination of illegal aliens who drive wages down, the Black and Legal immigrants Americans will end up with more jobs available and higher paychecks.

Think before you type. rolleyes


I think you are listening to Trump and not doing any research. So, you will need to prove that point.


Mathematics and Common Sense is the answer. Try it.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Everytime u read one of their posts can't u feel your IQ going down? ...

This may be the dumbest thing they've ever said .... they can't even comprehend that if u have folks that will work for 6 bucks an hour it hurts folks wanting to make 9 bucks an hour ...

Just like there leaders ... not one lick of business sense .... its actually AMAZING to me how little they understand simple ass business concepts ... i mean this is simplier than 1 + 1 = 2 ...

Either that or like i said earlier ... he could create peace in the Middle East and these menZas would moan cause it took him so long ...




Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
[b]
President Trump keeps coming through with the promises Candidate Trump made!

thumbsup


Not sure I heard of the promise of pitting our minority work force against the migrant immigrant labor. But I guess that's one way to force the unemployed or underemployed minorities into slave labor for chump change. thumbsup Good job Prez Chalk up another win for Bannon and the Alt right. thumbsup


Man you got that upside down and backwards. With the elimination of illegal aliens who drive wages down, the Black and Legal immigrants Americans will end up with more jobs available and higher paychecks.

Think before you type. rolleyes


I think you are listening to Trump and not doing any research. So, you will need to prove that point.


Mathematics and Common Sense is the answer. Try it.


No sir.. You may or may not be right, but I'd like to see facts that bare that out. You are talking like you know something and I'm afraid you don't.. That's why I want proof


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
I assure you I am right, Mathematics and Common Sense are constants.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,991
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,991
And where is his math to 'prove' it won't work?


[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I assure you I am right, Mathematics and Common Sense are constants.


I can't accept that as the answer. Prove it


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
M
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
History of unionization are proofs, supply and demand are proofs.

Just like 40 said, if you remove the availability of $6.00 an hour labor, that leaves the door open for the rest of those in that field to negotiate for higher wages.

Why do you think unions strike? And why does it work. Because only stupid people cross strike lines that's why.

I'm pretty sure those of you asking for proof already knew this, but because 40 said it you won't accept the answer.


WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I assure you I am right, Mathematics and Common Sense are constants.


I can't accept that as the answer. Prove it


I can not accept the fact you are disputing the constant of 1 + 1 = 2

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I assure you I am right, Mathematics and Common Sense are constants.


I can't accept that as the answer. Prove it


I can not accept the fact you are disputing the constant of 1 + 1 = 2


U owe me .25, I have it copyrighted ... *L* ..




Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Ah, there's my math guy! thumbsup

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Republican senators David Perdue (Ga.) and Tom Cotton (Ark.) introduced Wednesday a proposal for a merit-based legal immigration system that was instantly derided by liberals.

Perdue responded to the criticism today, emphasizing that currently only one in 15 legal immigrants have skills and enter the workforce.

"The result is over half of immigrant households are in our social welfare system," he said.

"Any time a liberal politician starts fear-mongering, you know you're onto something good," said Perdue, arguing that the reform is based on what Canada has enacted successfully.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,896
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,896
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While we hear so much about building a wall, we hear very little about actually addressing the issue of why they come here. Jobs.

If we actually focused on punishing the companies that hire illegals, then the jobs they come here for wouldn't be here. You can't dangle candy under a childs nose and not expect them to eat it.

These companies are just as guilty of breaking our laws as the people who come here illegally for those jobs. It's time we focus on both ends of the supply chain.


I agree completely. That's way I believe e-verify is so important.


I been bitchin and moaning about that for a decade .... what a JOKE ... problem is it puts to much money into business owners pockets who get it into the lobbyists pockets to funnel to the politicians pockets so it will NEVER be enforced ....

A real shame ...



So...in the other thread, you talked about Trump raising money for the GOP to be an accomplishment, and here you lament the lobbying...which is it?


Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While we hear so much about building a wall, we hear very little about actually addressing the issue of why they come here. Jobs.

If we actually focused on punishing the companies that hire illegals, then the jobs they come here for wouldn't be here. You can't dangle candy under a childs nose and not expect them to eat it.

These companies are just as guilty of breaking our laws as the people who come here illegally for those jobs. It's time we focus on both ends of the supply chain.


I agree completely. That's way I believe e-verify is so important.


I been bitchin and moaning about that for a decade .... what a JOKE ... problem is it puts to much money into business owners pockets who get it into the lobbyists pockets to funnel to the politicians pockets so it will NEVER be enforced ....

A real shame ...



So...in the other thread, you talked about Trump raising money for the GOP to be an accomplishment, and here you lament the lobbying...which is it?


It is an accomplishment ... never said i liked it ... u understand the difference? ... u prolly do ... its just how U and yours extropalate things out and twist them around to make everything anyone says that u don't like to look bad ...

Go find some low hanging fruit to pick on ... either that or ask me legite questions and not some BS like this that only shows your lack of comprehension or that you just want to play games ...

Bottom line .. pick a lane ... u want to have a chat or u want to be like swish and Vers and just sling arrows ...

I'll play in either lane ... thumbsup







Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,896
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,896
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While we hear so much about building a wall, we hear very little about actually addressing the issue of why they come here. Jobs.

If we actually focused on punishing the companies that hire illegals, then the jobs they come here for wouldn't be here. You can't dangle candy under a childs nose and not expect them to eat it.

These companies are just as guilty of breaking our laws as the people who come here illegally for those jobs. It's time we focus on both ends of the supply chain.


I agree completely. That's way I believe e-verify is so important.


I been bitchin and moaning about that for a decade .... what a JOKE ... problem is it puts to much money into business owners pockets who get it into the lobbyists pockets to funnel to the politicians pockets so it will NEVER be enforced ....

A real shame ...



So...in the other thread, you talked about Trump raising money for the GOP to be an accomplishment, and here you lament the lobbying...which is it?


It is an accomplishment ... never said i liked it ... u understand the difference? ... u prolly do ... its just how U and yours extropalate things out and twist them around to make everything anyone says that u don't like to look bad ...





Haha, you've been a bit touchy lately. Hope you're doing okay. I am curious to see who "me and mine" are though.

I suppose I could see how it is an accomplishment in that regard. I also view it as negative though, too.


Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,727
Yeah, he's really not even here. At least that's what he said he would do if he couldn't keep it civil when he posted here. So much for keeping that promise.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
I'm fine ... thanks for asking .. smile ..

U get enough BS thrown your way ... u ASSume the worst everytime .. sorry if i mis judged u ..

I just suspended myself for a week or two cause i couldn't act up to my standards .. i may have come back to soon .. *LOL* ...

Its a HUGE NEGATIVE ... if it were up to me .. and I've said this for 10 years now ...

I'd vote every incumbent out and new folks in ... then keep re-setting it until we get folks in there that care about us and not their parties or checking accounts ...

At the beginning of this election cycle ... i was interested in Carson, Trump and Carly for one reason and one reason only .. they were not politicians ...

I would elect nothing but business men if it were up to me ... we need some folks that actually have a clue about money ... we keep spending money e don't have ... thats not good ... if your married .. u know what i mean .. *L* ..




Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, he's really not even here. At least that's what he said he would do if he couldn't keep it civil when he posted here. So much for keeping that promise.


*LOL* ... u talking about integrity is like Hillary giving a lecture on truthfulness ...

Thats the TRUTH not uncivil ... thumbsup




Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Remember, an exercise in Patience.

Breath, they can not help themselves.

They are like this...

A terrible storm hit the desert and the runoff was fierce.
A frog and a scorpion were trapped on a small and shrinking island that would soon be under water.
Many sticks and stones were flying by in the turbulent water so swimming across became impossible for the frog.

They were doomed!

Then the scorpion said to the frog, "I can't swim and you can't see the oncoming rocks and sticks but if we work together, me on your back, watching for those things while you swim, we can save ourselves!"

The frog said forget it, you will sting me and kill me because you are a scorpion!

The scorpion replied, "If I were to sting you, you would go under and I would drown too!" "Please, lets get out of here!"

The frog thought about it and realizing it was his only way to safety, agreed.

The scorpion climbed upon the frogs back and into the water they went, frog swimming for his life and the scorpion calling out obstacle coming their way. It was working! They were already half way to shore when WHAM the scorpion stings the frog in the back.

As the frog slips under the surface, taking his last breath, he looks up at the scorpion and says "Why? We were almost there and now we will both drown." "Why did you sting me?"

To which the scorpion replied, "I just couldn't help it, it is my nature."

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
*LOL* ... good point ...

U tailgating for the speech tonight? ...

Just saw there's thousands in line all ready to get in ... to bad his poll #'s are down ... rofl ...

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT tonight ....

I wonder what promise he wil keep this time ...

WOW ... his numbers are down yet the first person arrived for the speech last night ... thumbsup




Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
4
Legend
Offline
Legend
4
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 25,823
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
*LOL* ... good point ...

U tailgating for the speech tonight? ...



Heck my man, I wrote it! rofl

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While we hear so much about building a wall, we hear very little about actually addressing the issue of why they come here. Jobs.

If we actually focused on punishing the companies that hire illegals, then the jobs they come here for wouldn't be here. You can't dangle candy under a childs nose and not expect them to eat it.

These companies are just as guilty of breaking our laws as the people who come here illegally for those jobs. It's time we focus on both ends of the supply chain.


The company's are way worse than those who work for them. That's where the crackdown really needs to come. You get hiring illegals you should have the book not only thrown at you, but you should have to make sure it hits you hard. These company's who hire illegals are ten times worse than the illegals themselves IMO.


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Quote:
Who will do the jobs? Will Americans pick tomatoes and other fruits and veg in the fields? Will they work other strenuous, difficult, hard labour or other jobs that don't pay a lot? If you want the pay to go up then as a nation we need to accept higher prices on pretty much everything. Especially food.


Who will work those jobs???? My friends, my neighbors, those who really want to work and are not afraid of hard work. Those people who you make fun of and say they won't work those jobs. People In Columbiana, Mahoning, and Trumbull counties who stand in line for 15 dollar an hour jobs and count their blessing if they get them.


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Immigration Reform

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5