Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
I was curious if any fellow members are in Canton for the H.O.F festivities ?

I will be at the parade sitting on the corner of 12th and Cleveland Ave.This is always my favorite week of the year for my hometown.

My family that doesn't live in the Canton area normally will come for the week but most of them didn't make the trip this year.A few said finances are the reason and a few are still upset over the game being cancelled last year but almost all of them also said the crime rate and the city just going down hill in general has made the trip not worth their time and money anymore.

It's sad and actually hurts me that my hometown has such a bad reputation.Most of my family grew up in the Canton area so to me it speaks volumes when the once a year trip back here isn't worth it to them anymore.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Make sure you keep your eye out for the best band in the parade. The Mighty Marching Bulldogs of Canton Mckinley. My son has graduated but he may come back and march with the band as an alumni assistant. He'll be marching with the University of Akron this fall.

But I agree with your families assessment of the city of Canton. I still work down near South Canton but moved out of the city back at the first of the year. Only lived over by the fairgrounds for about a year and as soon as my lease was up, I was out. My parents still live over there right off Wertz .

Last edited by kingodawg; 08/03/17 05:42 PM.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
I grew up on the N.E. side near Crenshaw middle school but moved out of Canton in 97.

I love McKinley's marching band even though I went to Timken but my favorite marching band in the parade is always the Massillon Tiger swing band.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo
I grew up on the N.E. side near Crenshaw middle school but moved out of Canton in 97.

I love McKinley's marching band even though I went to Timken but my favorite marching band in the parade is always the Massillon Tiger swing band.
Timken and McKare one in the same now

and eff Trashillon and that corny azz band smile

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Any fellow Dawg talkers in Canton for the H.O.F festivities ?

Link Copied to Clipboard