Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
I might be missing something and true fans overreact, but nothing classy about ESPN brutalizing all things Cleveland and demonizing our fanbase. Do not see this against other teams like they get after us. Because we have had rare success and some epic fails since the Return, we can never be otherwise. Is mockery clever? Insightful? No. Nor is it deserved. Hope this is our time.

Some dolt at ESPN, if one is truly known by his own product, has made unfair Browns bashing something like a core value, a guiding principle shaping coverage and treatment, with stilted bias a peculiar standard reserved for Cleveland franchises. It is wrong IMO.

Wonder why fans of ESPN have left the product? It is the inane and nonsensical programs being foisted on viewers instead of sports. I miss better days when ESPN was better and MNF was a showcase. Not sure what that broadcast was pandering to, but I know what they were biased against. I do not see the payoff for them, unless it is private club fanboy type of coverage. I used to enjoy the NFL more; that has been quite a spell back.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
j/c

yeah, Currie was waived today ... so it looks like his injury was significant enough to force him out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Quote:
This wasn't a tackle,it was a hit. Bad fundamentals on the DB, nothing good about this one ,IMHO

If you watch any of the training camp videos, they are being taught to tackle this way. Taking out the guys legs is an effective way to bring a larger guy down.

Don't like hits by Db's, never did.Its not safe tackling, its playing for highlights.

Specially don't like hits on WR's, I like for Db's to make plays on the ball, try to strip and if they can't to wrap up.

If they are doing this in camp,it will end-up bad...

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I couldn't disagree more. As long as football is a contact sport you gonna have BIG collisions. You can take out the leading with the head and targeting the head but other than that the contact will happen and it should.
Now if you wanna make this flag football thwn you have your style of football.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
J/C,
Justin Currie in 22 snaps had
3 tackles, 1 assist (4 combined).
And looked good in coverage, even if his guy made the catch, he did not allow for any YAC.

I hope his ankle won't keep him out too long.
He was waived (with injury designation) today and the number he wore, #36, was assigned to Christian Bryant, newly signed DB.

Yes, I seen that, I don't get it. He played bettet then any of our other SS.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
J/C,
And looked good in coverage, even if his guy made the catch, he did not allow for any YAC.

He was waived (with injury designation) today and the number he wore, #36, was assigned to Christian Bryant, newly signed DB.

He was waived with an injured designation. If no other team claims him, he reverts to our IR list.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
J/C,

He was waived with an injured designation. If no other team claims him, he reverts to our IR list.

Gotcha

[Linked Image]

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Deepsouthdawg
I couldn't disagree more. As long as football is a contact sport you gonna have BIG collisions. You can take out the leading with the head and targeting the head but other than that the contact will happen and it should.
Now if you wanna make this flag football thwn you have your style of football.

Its not about flag football it is about fundamentals. Sound tacking instead of flashy highlight plays that put you in danger and the other player to, and also that take increase the chances of you looking like a fool and give up a big play.

I also think that hitting big someone who is with his feet on the air and unprotected is cowardice and a dirty play, but that's just probably me.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Giants 6 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard