Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1303204 08/24/17 06:54 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
- Kizer look improved and poised to lead us against Pittsburgh (this should be unanimous here)
- JT play and the line be in tact
- More Matt Dayes
- More plays from WR, especially with the 1's
- Njoku do something to show his talent
- Peppers continue to look the part
- Schobert continue to look improved
- Joe Haden look better than he has. I'm worried about him (still)
- If we use the read option, which I assume we will ... GET DOWN KIZER

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Bitonio will be out this week. Grecco will start in his place.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I want to see our WR's play against good corners.

I want to see our TE's get separation and how they look in run blocking.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
I want to see our players stand for the National Anthem.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I want to see our players stand for the National Anthem.

+ 1,00000000000000000000000

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
- I want to see the 1st team offense score 2 TDs.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I just want to see a good football game.

Remember that scene from the movie "Jaws" where Schneider walks into the mayor's office and they all put him down before firing him.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I want to see EVERY Cleveland Brown standing for the national anthem. If this organization (read: Jimmy Haslam) cannot enforce this as SOP for this team, I am done. That will be it. I will not stand for such a level of disrespect. Period.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
- Run Defense: man.. not to jinx it but this is the best I've ever seen our run D. Yeah, I know its preseason, lol, but I hope it carries into the regular season.
- Pass Rush: let me get another sneak peak of the different line formations/substitutions
- Haden: want to see him not get burned and to play better than the 3 guys behind him on the depth chart.
- Solid play calling from Hue
- Matt Dayes
- Kizer get the WR's more involved

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I want to see if the browns can actually run the ball on some teams.
I would like to see if the WRs we drafted will actually contribute.
I want to see Kizer make good reads and if he cannot find anyone, RUN!.
I Don't want to see Hue call a option-read play.
I want to see BOTH players on the Browns and Tampa Bay protest!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I want to see if the browns can actually run the ball on some teams.

I didn't realize the Browns were playing multiple teams.

Quote:
I want to see BOTH players on the Browns and Tampa Bay protest!!

You need to watch a football game to see a protest?

E
Legend
Legend
E
I want to see the defense continue to be agressive and make plays.
I want to see Kiser slide if he runs.
I want to see the offense start to gel. They dont have to be a masterpiece yet, but some consistency would be good.
I want to see peppers run it back for a touchdown.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I want to see Kizer efficiently lead the team to scoring points and not get hurt.
I want to see Kessler lead the team downfield and put points on the board.
I want to see our WRs show up.
I want to see Schobert continue to be disruptive.
I want to see Ogunjobi get past his man.
I want to see Dayes tear it up.
I want to see Peppers run one back.
I want to see Boddy-Calhoun get a pick.
I want to see NO INJURIES

All of the above would be superb but, any combination of the above would suffice too. Mostly, however, I want to see #1 and #9.

Legend
Legend
I want to see continued growth.
I want to see Kizer continue to improve.
I want to see us able to run the ball.
That's my basic list. There have been a lot of good things in the 1st 2 games, and I just want to see the trends continuing to go upward.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Vers,
Quote:
I didn't realize the Browns were playing multiple teams

Yes they are - Browns 1st team Offense vs Tampa 1st Defense.
Browns 2nd team offense vs Tampa 2nd team Defense.

I like watching the protest. Just watching those young guys have a conscious about current events just warms my heart!

C
Legend
Legend
C
I want to see if teams make cuts after week three of the preseason.

Legend
Legend
I think we might see some vets get cut to give them a chance to catch on somewhere else. I doubt we will see large amounts since the coaches were behind this change.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I think we might see some vets get cut to give them a chance to catch on somewhere else. I doubt we will see large amounts since the coaches were behind this change.
That final week will be so chaotic. I could see our roster turning over by 4-6 guys easily

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
I want to see another win! I'd like to get use to that. Oh and to shut up some NFL Network people laughing at us as they have Tampa as a SB contender. We got one supporter at NFL Network and he was just with us in Training camp (Burleson)
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Good list, I want to see:
Haden play better
JT play like he always has
MG to sack Winston

Son in law Tampa fan, want Browns to WIN....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Me too. I've a Browns fan for many years but if they disrespect our Flag, Military and country again, I'm gone.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Me too. I've a Browns fan for many years but if they disrespect our Flag, Military and country again, I'm gone.

Teams should just stay in the locker room until the anthem has played. Problem solved.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Well, I'm probably not gonna see it.

The only thing I can think of that would restore any semblance of hope I have for the Browns is if all the players involved in the "kneeling" last game, issued a unanimous group apology for their actions. That it was a terrible mistake. And they will turn their attention to honing their football team skills and winning games while on the field. Also Hue Jackson has got to go. He is not in control of his players.

By the way, let me count the number of NFL owners who have said their head coach is on solid ground - within a year of firing him.

Oone...Twoooo....Thre...Every one of them!

(what are they gonna do? "Umm you're fired next spring")

If the predictions from many of the well-informed members on this Board are close (generally from 3-5 wins).

4-12 isn't gonna cut it.

But it sure looks inevitable.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Teams should just stay in the locker room until the anthem has played. Problem solved.

That'swhat i was thinking. just keep them in till after the anthem.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: nordawg

What?

Why?

That's just as bad.

Legend
Legend
I want to see 3-0

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Originally Posted By: nordawg

What?

Why?

That's just as bad.

What's bad/sad is our basic freedoms are being taken away and even prosecuted by employers, corporations, and public opinion, by black balling or boycotting those who protest peacefully about issues with equality and police brutality.

You know the very freedoms this country has fought for in foreign wars since the 1700's. Say Bye Bye ...the second amendment could be next. Bet you all change your tune when that issue comes up again soon.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
This is kinda long but i don't
have a link as i found this on facebook so enjoy.

Star Spangled Banner Lyrics Verse 1

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Meaning of Star Spangled Banner Lyrics Verse 1

● The flag that flew over the fort was enormous. The commander of Fort Henry, Important George Armistead had commissioned Mary Pickersgill to make "a flag so large that the British would have no difficulty seeing it from a distance"
● The flag could be seen from several miles away and Francis Scott Key was saying that it could be seen in the last light before nightfall and the first light at dawn
● The 'perilous fight' was the Battle of Baltimore during the War of 1812
● The Star Spangled Banner was streaming over the ramparts (battlements) of the fort
● The "rocket's red glare" and the "bombs bursting" used alliteration to describe the cannon fire pounding from the British navy and the cannons firing from the fort (one of the ships was armed with a rocket launcher)
● The angry red glow from the cannon fire enabled Americans to see their Star Spangled Banner was still flying - the British had not captured the fort and hoisted the Union Jack
● The Star Spangled Banner was waving over the 'land of the free' - a reference to the fight for Independence that had resulted in freedom from the tyranny of the British
● The 'home of the brave' lyrics reflect the heroic exploits of Americans to defend their country
● The War of 1812 was popularly known as the 'Second War for Independence'
● Meaning of Star Spangled Banner Lyrics Verse 1

The AMERICAN FLAG:
There is no denying that the pattern and colors of the American Flag are easily recognizable around the world. The American flag, for many, stands for valor, perseverance, and justice, but many are not aware that the colors bear great significance. While many know what the shapes which make up the flag mean, such as the thirteen stripes represent the thirteen original colonies, they do not know that the colors used in these patterns actually encompass what many already feel the flag means to them. Since the first use of our national flag, which was meant to represent a living country, the flag has held a strong significance, and itself should be considered a living thing, according to the Flag Code of Conduct, which was established in the early 1940's in response to companies using the flag in advertising campaigns. This enforces that our flag should be treated with utmost respect, regardless of one's political background or views. Here is a little information on how the significance of colors was adopted to our flag.

"On July 4, 1776, the Continental Congress passed a resolution authorizing a committee to devise a seal for the United States of America. This mission, designed to reflect the Founding Fathers' beliefs, values, and sovereignty of the new Nation, did not become a reality until June 20, 1782. In heraldic devices, such as seals, each element has a specific meaning. Even colors have specific meanings. The colors red, white, and blue did not have meanings for The Stars and Stripes when it was adopted in 1777. However, the colors in the Great Seal did have specific meanings. Charles Thompson, Secretary of the Continental Congress, reporting to Congress on the Seal, stated:

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valor, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

Also this from a book about the flag published in 1977 by the House of Representatives...

"The star is a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun."

The quote below concerning gold fringe on the Flag is from the book "So Proudly We Hail, The History of the United States Flag" Smithsonian Institute Press 1981, by Wiliam R. Furlong and Byron McCandless.

"The placing of a fringe on Our Flag is optional with the person of organization, and no Act of Congress or Executive Order either prohibits the practice, according to the Institute of Heraldry. Fringe is used on indoor flags only, as fringe on flags on outdoor flags would deteriorate rapidly. The fringe on a Flag is considered and 'honorable enrichment only', and its official use by the US Army dates from 1895.. A 1925 Attorney General's Opinion states: 'the fringe does not appear to be regarded as an integral part of the Flag, and its presence cannot be said to constitute an unauthorized addition to the design prescribed by statute. An external fringe is to be distinguished from letters, words, or emblematic designs printed or superimposed upon the body of the flag itself. Under law, such additions might be open to objection as unauthorized; but the same is not necessarily true of the fringe.'"

The gold trim is generally used on ceremonial indoor flags that are used for special services and is believed to have been first used in a military setting. It has no specific significance that I have ever run across, and its (gold trim) use is in compliance with applicable flag codes and laws.
It definitely goes without saying that the American flag is one of the most prominent and powerfully moving symbols that represents our country. Many Veterans and fallen soldiers have fought under the banner with great courage, and while not all fought for the politics at play during that time period, all will attest that they fought for everything that the flag signifies. As Adrian Cronauer once eloquently said, "The American Flag represents all of us, and all of the values we hold sacred."

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would like to see another solid performance by our Defense with maybe a little more time in the backfield.

I want to see the Browns run the football with authority. This is a good front 7 we are facing and we have the highest paid OL in the league. Time for them to prove the money was well spent and time for Crow to prove he is worth spending money on.

I want to see the rookie QB continue to show command in the face of adversity. Giants brought it with 2 starters out last week and he stood in there and delivered the football. Wasnt fearful of the rush but he was aware of it.

I want to see someone other than Coleman show me they deserve a roster spot at receiver. So far I have seen 2 receivers and one is a running back loaner.

Most importantly I want to see this secondary against these big Bucs receivers.

Legend
Legend
I want to see our Offense earn a touchdown with a sustained drive; not punch one in from 10 yards out on a turnover.

I want to see incremental progress from everyone.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Maybe we should open a new thread as this was what I thought the OP wanted to discuss; football instead of politics. I am going to go along with the group because this is something bing I am passionate about being a combat vet that flew his flag on his HWMMV every time I left the compound:

I am not advocating for the kneels and I wish there were another solution, but seriously look at all of the BS that has been going on, are you going to say with out bias that African American people are heard and treated fairly?

People have their rights, some privileged people can group together and have your voice heard and for other, minority groups, they only have one stage. If this were false, then we wouldn’t have a need to discuss this because everyone would have the same voice and/or listened to and the BS violence and hatred would be a mute point.

I served my country for many many years and I salute my flag everyday but if someone has to use it as a backdrop to bring attention to horrible acts of violence and innocent loss of life,, then true Americans will know that in this context, it is used only as a symbol. Their lives are more important than a symbol.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Gotcha...........only certain people are allowed to express their opinion.

I keep reading that the players have the "right" to protest. No freaking kidding!?!? Who the hell didn't know that?

And that is kinda of the point about how freaking lame their claims of "oppression" are. Instead of respecting a country in which they have such rights, they do the opposite.

They are millionaires, but they are "oppressed." They can kneel during the anthem, but they are "oppressed." They spend more on a dinner/drinking in one night than most families spend on food in 6 months, but they are "oppressed."

They come across as ingrates. Like the proverbial spoiled child who stomps his feet because he didn't get everything on his Christmas list.

Kap was raised by white people. Gosh, how horrible whites are. He has made millions in this country and calls our government while supporting Castro. He wears clothing that depicts pigs dressed as police officers.

And this "civil rights hero" didn't even freaking vote. Get the hell outta my face w/this nonsense!

And guess what........I have the "right" to express my points of view on this because it is America!

V
Legend
Legend
V
And you want a hero................check out Warrick Dunn. Former Florida State and Tampa Bay RB who has raised a ton of money for people and had hundreds of homes built for single mothers. Read this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co...idays/95347066/

He also has united the people of the Baton Rouge shootings. Read this: http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-sai...hooting-victims

He's done a ton of charity work to help blacks and other minorities. He is trying to bring people of both races together.

Yet, Warrick Dunn gets ignored and a non-voting ingrate like Kap is made out to be some sort of martyr and/or hero.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Vers...you are reading their protest wrong. Because of the platform and spotlight the players have they are giving attention to and a voice to those who don't have one.

No different than the musicians of the 60s who stood on the stage of Woodstock and protested Vietnam or Kent State or sang about civil rights. Nobody seems to care that they did this, in fact, there is a whole thread on "favorite protest songs". Many of these musicians weren't oppressed and some are millionaires or multi-millionaires who still claim royalty checks. But, they used their platform to speak for those who couldn't speak as loudly and to help get the message across. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it is admirable.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post w/good examples.

I'm not really arguing, but I will say that these protests seem to be causing more of a divide than a coming together.

Look, I'm all about the bottom line. I know you don't like me, but if you read my posts over the years, you will know that I fought against racial injustice and try to speak up for minorities. I just think that these protests are adding to the divide rather than bridging the gap.

I am very worried about our future and I really wish both sides would concede more and try to be tolerant of one another. The blame game isn't helping, in my opinion.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wanna see Hall and Payton take over as starters, they outplayed them in both games.

I wanna see. Schobert take the second MLB spot.

I wanna see. the Def to keep stepping up. BBC is looking damn good to me.

I wanna see. Us running the ball more effectively.

I wanna see. Duke at the slot receiver.

I wanna see. Dayes the new 3rd down back, as Duke just went fulltime slot.

I wanna see. Us to keep getting better every week.

there is more but I am a tad tipsy at the moment.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
it would be nice to see Duke used more like he will be in the season, not just up the guy (I realize it was out of necessity) ... but I'd like to see him in the slot now

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Are military members allowed to participate in political protests? Yes, they are.

Are military members allowed to wear their uniforms when doing so? No, they are not.

Same reasoning should apply here; don't make political statements while wearing the uniform of an organization that doesn't agree with your statement. If you want to say something, do it when not representing the Cleveland Browns.

End of discussion.

Legend
Legend
Well, scratching one off my list. brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Some have started early. Going to be a landslide hitting the market all at once when it happens. NFL musical chairs.

I am READY for some real football, please and thank you ever so much.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Buccaneers 9 What Do You Want to See?

Link Copied to Clipboard