Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1249468 03/20/17 07:03 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Simple Question: Which credit cards do you have? (I probably have too many) crazy

Credit Cards
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/20/17 07:03 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I have my Debit card, and a Secured Card from my bank. Had bad credit, secured card bumped it up like 60 points in like 6 months.

Also have a Kay card. Which comes in handy when I screw up.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
A debit card, A Menard's card (pay off every month, we use it to accumulate the points) and a Visa card for emergencies that we never use. Almost forgot, a Walmart card that gives us free 2 day shipping. That also gets paid off every month.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Personal Mastercard. Visa for work. That's it.

jfanent #1249517 03/20/17 08:18 PM
Legend
Legend
Oh yeah. I also have an Amazon card. Forgot about that one.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have a Visa issued through my bank. About the only thing I use it for is put gas in my truck every week and I pay the bill in full as soon as I get it.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I seem to be the outlier.

I have had a Mastercard and a Discover for quite a while. Each are cash back cards. Discover gives my 3% back at restaurants and gas stations, and that ain't bad. wink

I got a Wal Mart card for the additional benefits it provides when I shop there, and a Lowes card because it gives me 5% off everything when I use the card. I bought some outdoor lighting at the end of the Christmas season, on serious markdown, and still got the additional 5% off even the discounted price. It's nice. Go through the register and they give me the total, then I swipe my card and the price immediately goes down. Nice. laugh

I recently got an American Express and a Visa card, because each gives me 15 months with no interest, plus cash back. I'll use those in place of my Capital One Card, which has been my "go to card". If I have anything that I need to carry over for more than a month, I'll use the 0% interest cards.

I pay almost everything with case back cards, including my utilities. (except for the gas company, which doesn't accept a credit card) I wish my mortgage company would take a credit card for my house payment. wink I carry very little as far as balances, as I try to pay my bills in full each month.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I have to admit that I am kinda shocked that no one thus far has a gas card, or a clothing store card.

Legend
Legend
I have a Kroger card. But that just gets me fuel points. No need for anything else gas related.

I'm considering getting a Walmart card now, hoping the rates are lower, so I can build it up by November for Black Friday.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Maybe if I knew what a gas credit card can get me, besides trouble.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I have to admit that I am kinda shocked that no one thus far has a gas card, or a clothing store card.

Sorry, didn't know we had to specify. My work card gets me cash back on all purchases, but much more on gas purchases.

Just looked. My most recent statement shows a balance of $39. (the actual balance would be much higher. I pay by phone, a day or 2 before the due date, so what my statement shows is about 2 weeks off)

I get anywhere from $100 to $150 back, twice a year.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Sorry, I meant like a BP or a Valero card ..... Card branded directly for a gas company, or a clothing store like Old Navy, Macy's, or Nordstroms. (sp)

I pay everything I can with my cash back cards.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have a Mastercard, which I might use twice a year. Not sure why I even keep it? A Visa Signature card, through Marriott. I like the bonus points when I stay at a Marriott property, which is nearly every time I stay somewhere. I'll also use it for big purchases which I might want to spread over 2-3 payments, like needing to spend $7000 for a new heating and cooling unit. It's easier to do that rather than call the broker to sell off. I also have an American Express card. That is my go to card. I use it for gas, meals, and anything I want to charge besides rooms. I like it because whatever you charge is due at the end of the billing cycle. I have held it since the mid/late 70's. It's a great card for business use. Turn in your business expenses, get your check, then turn around and pay it off.

I don't work anymore, but it is the last card I would give up. Probably because I have held it for so long. I don't leave home without it.

Some of you remember that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I have the following:

Chase

Freedom
Sapphire (got 500 for spending 4000k in 3 months, just finished)
Amazon (got free amazon prime for a year for signing up) .. not worth it .. STUPID ME ... *L* ..
Disney - this ones the best card ever for me .. smile ...
About to get a sapphire preffered - $500 for 5 or 5K spent in the first 3 months)

American Express Blue - got 500 for 4K about a year ago ... kept it cause there's no fee and AX has english speaking customer service reps .. at least the last time i called they did .. *L*)

Barclay Card - got it right after the AX card last year ... 400 for 4K spent ... liked it and kept it ...

Citibank - just got it ... will cancel after i spend my gift cards cause it has a 95 annual fee thats waived for the 1st year ... am getting 250 in cash or 500 in gift cards or 620 on travel after 3k spent in 3 months ... had it for 2 weeks .... 2k spent ... ordering the sapphire preffered card next week .. *L* ...

My cc's are a money maker for me ... i have been fortunate enough to have never paid a penny in cc interest or late fees ... I've made thousands of dollars ... best score was 2,750 from Disney about 4 years ago .. they made me mad and sent an offer that was right up my alley .. i am still mad i left 250 on the table ... *L* ..

So far this year I've made 500 from the sapphire card ... about to make 500 in gift cards (thats what I'll take) ... will make 500 from the sapphire preffered ... and made 400 for opening up a key bank account ...

That'll be 1900 in 1/2 a year for spending about an hour each time signing up and then getting out of the cards that charge fees or i just want out of ... that'll pay for a myrtle beach weekend for me and my nephews or I'll find another 100 somewhere and throw 500 into each of their college funds ....

THANKS CREDIT CARDS .... thumbsup

Ballpeen #1254503 04/01/17 05:50 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I have a Mastercard, which I might use twice a year. Not sure why I even keep it? A Visa Signature card, through Marriott. I like the bonus points when I stay at a Marriott property, which is nearly every time I stay somewhere. I'll also use it for big purchases which I might want to spread over 2-3 payments, like needing to spend $7000 for a new heating and cooling unit. It's easier to do that rather than call the broker to sell off. I also have an American Express card. That is my go to card. I use it for gas, meals, and anything I want to charge besides rooms. I like it because whatever you charge is due at the end of the billing cycle. I have held it since the mid/late 70's. It's a great card for business use. Turn in your business expenses, get your check, then turn around and pay it off.

I don't work anymore, but it is the last card I would give up. Probably because I have held it for so long. I don't leave home without it.

Some of you remember that.

Call me next time ... I'll charge u less interest so u save a little and i make a little money .....

WE ALL WIN!!!!!

thumbsup

PS. I am now officially in baseball heaven ... I LOVE everything I've heard about it ... can't wait to get back ...

GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am good.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1256692 04/07/17 02:45 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Amex now has the Blue Cash Card, that is a rewards credit card. 0% interest for 15 months, and no annual fee. Bank of America also has a card with 0% interest for 15 months as well. For my uses, they're excellent. I can't travel, so travel rewards are less than an incentive for me.

I was so impressed with Amex. They sent me pre-approval after pre-approval, and since I had just re-fied my house, and opened a different credit account, I figured I had no chance of another card right now. With closing one mortgage, opening another, and opening a new credit card, my credit score dropped by 50 points. crazy Anyway, I went online to the Amex site, and filled in their minimal app, and in about 20 seconds they approved it. Maybe 2 hours later, I got an email saying that my new card was processed and mailed. I had it in my grubby little hands in 3 days. That's impressive service.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I have one credit card (chase freedom)
and a bank card.

My cc pays me to use it. It collects points that I then trade in for amazon gift cards. Yay for shopping!

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I have a race card. I'm waiting for the right time to use it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
DiamDawg #1275817 05/26/17 09:28 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I have the following:

Chase

Freedom
Sapphire (got 500 for spending 4000k in 3 months, just finished)
Amazon (got free amazon prime for a year for signing up) .. not worth it .. STUPID ME ... *L* ..
Disney - this ones the best card ever for me .. smile ...
About to get a sapphire preffered - $500 for 5 or 5K spent in the first 3 months)

American Express Blue - got 500 for 4K about a year ago ... kept it cause there's no fee and AX has english speaking customer service reps .. at least the last time i called they did .. *L*)

Barclay Card - got it right after the AX card last year ... 400 for 4K spent ... liked it and kept it ...

Citibank - just got it ... will cancel after i spend my gift cards cause it has a 95 annual fee thats waived for the 1st year ... am getting 250 in cash or 500 in gift cards or 620 on travel after 3k spent in 3 months ... had it for 2 weeks .... 2k spent ... ordering the sapphire preffered card next week .. *L* ...

My cc's are a money maker for me ... i have been fortunate enough to have never paid a penny in cc interest or late fees ... I've made thousands of dollars ... best score was 2,750 from Disney about 4 years ago .. they made me mad and sent an offer that was right up my alley .. i am still mad i left 250 on the table ... *L* ..

So far this year I've made 500 from the sapphire card ... about to make 500 in gift cards (thats what I'll take) ... will make 500 from the sapphire preffered ... and made 400 for opening up a key bank account ...

That'll be 1900 in 1/2 a year for spending about an hour each time signing up and then getting out of the cards that charge fees or i just want out of ... that'll pay for a myrtle beach weekend for me and my nephews or I'll find another 100 somewhere and throw 500 into each of their college funds ....

THANKS CREDIT CARDS .... thumbsup

It sounds like you're a big points guy like I am. I'm the same way with Chase. I love their points system. I've got the Sapphire Reserve, the Ink Plus and the Freedom. Love linking the Ultimate Rewards into one account, along with the airport lounge access.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Momma always said credit cards are the devil.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Credit cards are great if you use them correctly. Don't use them to buy stuff you can't afford. Use them to build credit and for the rewards points. Pay everything off once it shows up on your card.

It's free money when used correctly.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119

Credit cards are great if you use them correctly. Don't use them to buy stuff you can't afford. Use them to build credit and for the rewards points. Pay everything off once it shows up on your card.

Definitely agree with this, I don't even carry cash anymore. I use my Visa Cash+ Rewards card for everything, and I pay off the balance constantly through my banking app. Basically just using it like a debit card.

I'm sitting on 144 dollars worth of points right now since January that I'll cash in at the end of the year and start all over again this January.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119

Definitely agree with this, I don't even carry cash anymore. I use my Visa Cash+ Rewards card for everything, and I pay off the balance constantly through my banking app. Basically just using it like a debit card.

I'm sitting on 144 dollars worth of points right now since January that I'll cash in at the end of the year and start all over again this January.

I use only my CC for all purchases. I get 1% for normal purchases, 2% for Grocery and 3% for gas. I also get a 75% kicker of each reward for being a preferred customer with BOA. I average about $75 a month in reward money for stuff I was going to buy anyway. The key, never run a balance. If you can't pay it off at the end of the month, don't buy it that month. Paying interest to use their money will negate any reward you'll receive.

#GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Bank debit/credit card

3 separate credit cards. Only one has a balance that my wife and I use for bigger purchases.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Huge points guy ... ITS FRE MONEY as far as I’m concerned ..

Never heard of the Reserve card from chase ... ill have to google it, see if theres any promotional offers ...

Anyone interested ...

- chase sapphire preffered is stil offering a $500 points bonus for spending 4 k in the first 3 months ...

- boa has a premium rewards card out that there giving 50,000 bonus points for spending 3k in the first 3 months ... not sure yet what dollar value those 50,000 points come out too .. i just got the card and haven’t looked into it ...

Best other offers i can find out there are for $200 so I figured I’d get this and worst case it would be $250 in cash ...

The chase and boa cards both have $95 annual fees ...

Chase charges it at the end of the 1st year ... i got that one 9 months ago and all ready cancelled it so i don’t pay the fee ...

Unfortunately BOA charges it upfront ... its all ready been charged for this year .. *L* ..

So i guess i’ll Only clear between 200 and 400 depending on my redemption options ...

ANYONE GOT ANY OTHER GOOD OFFERS OUT THERE? ...

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Credit Cards

Link Copied to Clipboard