Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He still isn't practicing. Colts don't know when he will see the field this season, if at all.

Coming off of a major shoulder surgery, and now odd comments from their owner talking about it could be a mental thing with him.

After that crazy contract he got, one has to wonder, even if prematurely, if it was all for not?

Thoughts?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
i think they're making sure he's NOT damaged goods ... they're so bad right now on the OL that it's pointless to play him IMO. they're taking their time

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
The owner is "mental."

D
Legend
Legend
D
If he is damaged good mentally or physically its their own damm faults .... there FO and HC Pagano are equally inept!!!

There OL stunk when they drafted Luck and its stunk every day since .... they've invested sqadoosh on the OL ... there org. Is as bad as ours was ....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They've tried to fix it they have just made bad choices. Since 2011 they gave spent 1st rnd picks on a OT Castanzo and a OC Kelly plus 2 2nd rnd picks on OTs (Ijalana & Mewhort) and 2 3rd rnd picks on OG Thornton and a OT Clark plus numerous late rnd picks.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: dawg66
They've tried to fix it they have just made bad choices. Since 2011 they gave spent 1st rnd picks on a OT Castanzo and a OC Kelly plus 2 2nd rnd picks on OTs (Ijalana & Mewhort) and 2 3rd rnd picks on OG Thornton and a OT Clark plus numerous late rnd picks.

Glad we hired that dude.

O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Interesting thread topic.

Two days ago I was thinking how I'd like to post a thread titled "Are the Colts Going to Tank for Darnold?"

Seriously.

Bert Jones, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck. They have become masters of it.

On one hand its being sarcastic, on the other...

Barry Bonds Check
Roger Clemens Check
Mark McGuire Check
Lance Armstrong Check

71-79 Steelers Taboo
(Lets pretend it didn't happen.)
Legend
Legend
We'll see when he gets back I guess. They have very little talent around him ... one of the worst run teams in the NFL in my mind

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
If he is damaged good mentally or physically its their own damm faults .... there FO and HC Pagano are equally inept!!!

There OL stunk when they drafted Luck and its stunk every day since .... they've invested sqadoosh on the OL ... there org. Is as bad as ours was ....

I'd argue it's worse...just by the shear fact that they had a once-in-a-generation QB fall into their lap (certainly helped that they tanked), and they wholeheartedly failed to take full advantage.

PLUS...they were the ones to trade FOR Trent Richardson. wink

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We did the same thing to Tim Couch although Luck does have more talent. They were both the #1 pick in the 1st round and both took a beating.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
We did the same thing to Tim Couch although Luck does have more talent. They were both the #1 pick in the 1st round and both took a beating.

I was gonna post the he was "Tim Couched" but you beat me to it. The Browns had a better excuse back then because the NFL did a screw job on their return and they were forced to start a bunch of street FA's.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog

I was gonna post the he was "Tim Couched" but you beat me to it. The Browns had a better excuse back then because the NFL did a screw job on their return and they were forced to start a bunch of street FA's.
when i think of how we were forced to start it always angers me .... the success of JAX/CAR doomed us

Legend
Legend
thought this was common knowledge

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
O
Legend
Legend
O
All they have to do is put him on the trade block and the league will answer that question for them.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
All they have to do is put him on the trade block and the league will answer that question for them.

I'd give up every first round pick we have for the next five years and not even ask to give Luck a physical.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Hello Mike Ditka.
He's been gone quite awhile now. I assume he won't play for Indy against us?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: dawg66

Glad we hired that dude.

In fairness, Berry was over pro scouting. He wasn't involved with college scouting.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Wrong dude...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was talking about Grigson.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...from day one when he got drafted I feared he would become damaged goods by the poor OL and no support by the team to fix it.

First two seasons he was hit more than any other QB in the NFL.
And from there it went down hill. Unfortunately he is damaged goods. Add another team playing for that first pick!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
i think he`s the most overrated player ever...all i hear every draft is there is no luck comming out.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: lionchamp29
i think he`s the most overrated player ever...all i hear every draft is there is no luck comming out.

The colts go from play off contender with him to hot garbage without him all the while he's behind one of the worst OL's in the NFL ... And he's not been healthy in forever because of the OL ... I don't find that to be over rated.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
`I don't find that to be over rated`.

everyone called him a once in a ten year qb comming out...cant miss projection. he was on a great team when he came out.

i`m not putting him in the same category as rogers or brady.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Very good points.

Legend
Legend
I agree. Can't imagine having a worse owner.

C
Legend
Legend
C
he was on a great team when he came out.

This makes no sense.

They were literally the worst team in the league the year before they drafted Luck. That's how they got Luck.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

This makes no sense.

They were literally the worst team in the league the year before they drafted Luck. That's how they got Luck.

they had a playoff team minus payton. they sucked for luck.

Last edited by lionchamp29; 09/18/17 03:13 AM.

M
Legend
Legend
M

This makes no sense.

Being a playoff "TEAM" means you win games without your starting QB.... Like the Patriots did without Brady for example. . . . Getting to the playoffs ONLY because of your stud QB means you are NOT a good team.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: mgh888

This makes no sense.

Being a playoff "TEAM" means you win games without your starting QB.... Like the Patriots did without Brady for example. . . . Getting to the playoffs ONLY because of your stud QB means you are NOT a good team.

Great QB's can make a team a playoff team. Losing them can easily send them spiraling. NE is a special circumstance where a world class coach can make even ordinary back up QB's look great. He just makes a great QB into a hall of famer. I don't think Tom Brady would have even had a career if Bill was not his coach.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

When your team can only win with your QB, it's a poor team with a great QB. Curtis Painter pointed out how poor of a team Indy was without Peyton.

I understand that teams don't usually do well when they lost their starting QB. But you don't go from a playoff team to the worst in the league if you're a good team.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Luck unlucked into a horrible situation. Manning made that team go. It was a poor roster. A decade of picks 28 to 32, compounded with bad drafting in general, all hidden away under Manning's immense talent. His ability to get rid of the ball quickly meant they got away with poor O line play (Jeff Saturday excluded). Their ability to get a lead meant they went smaller and faster on D allowing them to better cover passing plays as teams struggled to keep up with Indy's scoring.
When Luck got there he was thrown to the wolves. While immensely talented himself there was no way he could carry that team the same way Peyton could. His reads weren't as fast (who's were) so the o line play got him crushed repeatedly. Teams could run on them more easily while Luck learned to get leads.
Then they continued to draft poorly.
Luck was kinda doomed.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
He still isn't practicing. Colts don't know when he will see the field this season, if at all.

Coming off of a major shoulder surgery, and now odd comments from their owner talking about it could be a mental thing with him.

After that crazy contract he got, one has to wonder, even if prematurely, if it was all for not?

Thoughts?

What a mistake it was to let go of Payton Manning. Irsay is a complete buffoon.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

This makes no sense.

I've been thinking for a couple years, they sucked because they sucked.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
If you honestly believe they couldn't have signed a better QB than Curtis Painter that year, you're golden in that thought process.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Irsay is a total jerk.This whole situation with the Colts and Luck could go sour.

I really like Luck and wish him well but his future may be with another team.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope he does go to another team.

With our luck, Luck will go to the Steelers to replace Ben when he retires.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I hate you for putting that into the ether.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Oh please do not say that!!! That is not funny!!! Don't even think it! That would be an absolute nightmare.

If the Colts tank for Darnold like they did Luck and give up on him the Browns need to spend some of those precious draft picks to nab Luck.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Just keeping things in perspective for those who are saying he is damaged goods, overrated, or that he is not a good qb. wink

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If Luck's injury is going to heal i'd trade our entire draft to take him away and resign him. With our o-line he would wreck the league man.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Could Andrew Luck be damaged goods?

Link Copied to Clipboard