Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Anyone watch these?

Good night of combat sports. I got in three UFC fights (two heavyweights), Mike Perry's fight, and Luke Rockholds fight: which were all exciting.

And I loved the GGG vs Canelo. Great fight between two of the best boxers in the world. Canelo is so athletic and quick. While GGG is just determined and tough. Guy reminds me of the Terminator.

I found the GGG-Canelo pretty close, but had GGG winning the fight. I have no clue what that judge thought who had it 118-110 for Canelo. It's the kind of stuff that really makes me question boxing/mma judging in general.

They leave these state's athletic commissions to judge these fights, and I just have no faith in it at all. There's gotta be a better way to do things then to trust some Nevada Athletic Commission appointed judges to decide fights. Really feel robbed.

But I love when they mentioned rematch, Canelo immediately said "Claro que si" (for those that don't know, that basically means "Of Course"). That's all I needed to hear. GGG will certainly fight him again because it's the back end of his career, and there's no one he can earn more against IMO. Hopefully De La Hoya will give folks what they want.

Good fight, terrible judging tonight.

It's my biggest thing about UFC vs Boxing. In boxing it always seems so hard to get the best matches together, in UFC (usually) it's pretty easy. Dana White offers you the fight. You turn it down and he calls you all sorts of names on twitter and threatens to fire you or eliminate your weight class, lol. Whatever the tactic, it doesn't take years to see the good fight. Heck, when the female champ refused to fight Cyborg, he just vacated her belt, lol.

That's how it should be. Fight the best if you're really the champ.

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 09/17/17 01:20 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Golden Boy Promotions' Oscar De La Hoya was quick to support Adelaide Byrd's 118 - 110 score in favor of Canelo. Personally I wonder if anyone is watching her upcoming deposits into her bank account that may come from GBP.

Oscar defends Adeliade

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Golden Boy Promotions' Oscar De La Hoya was quick to support Adelaide Byrd's 118 - 110 score in favor of Canelo. Personally I wonder if anyone is watching her upcoming deposits into her bank account that may come from GBP.

Oscar defends Adeliade

It's GBP's job to promote their fighter. It's harder for me to believe she's being paid off than just believe that she's an awful judge. This is not her first time in this kind of controversy.

She also judges MMA and people hate her.

Their needs to be more oversight, a better system, something to counter people who are just so off like her.

I mean, if she was paid off, wouldn't she judge the fight like 115-113 or something. Something at least closer, rather than a 118-110 scorecard?

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
This is another reason boxing gets on my nerves and I gravitate towards UFC... Of course you could have the same issue in mma but I don't remember a time when the judges were so far off...

<><

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum GGG vs Canelo and MMA Tonight

Link Copied to Clipboard