Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1318380 09/20/17 12:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Quote:
Browns favored for first time since 2015

Michael David Smith,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports Tue, Sep 19 3:22 AM PDT


Breaking news: The Cleveland Browns are actually favored to win a game.

The Browns opened as a 2.5-point favorite over the Colts on Sunday at Indianapolis. That marks the first time the Browns have been favored since Week 14 of 2015, when they were two-point favorites over the 49ers. The Browns haven’t been road favorites since Week Seven of 2014 at Jacksonville.

Although the Browns’ status as favorites might mean the gambling community is starting to give Cleveland more respect, it probably says more about the Colts. Andrew Luck has already been ruled out for Sunday, and Indianapolis is 0-2. The Colts might be the worst team in the NFL.

Most of the early money has come in on the Colts, and so the line has now moved to having the Browns as one-point favorites. It’s possible that by kickoff, the Browns won’t be favored anymore. So enjoy it while you can, Cleveland.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-favored-first-time-since-102255189.html


Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234
B
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234
The Week-2 version of these Browns lose this game.

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
And the first time we are favored on the road since October 24, 2014.

If we lose this game it is rock bottom.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
We have a young team. We need might want to be patient. I want to give these guys adequate time to turn it around.

Lord, I really do hope we win this game, though.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,905
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,905
Browns favored to win?!? (Chokes on coffee.)

Well, that is nice to hear every blue moon!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,056
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,056
We played 2 really, really good defenses in the 1st 2 weeks of this season.

I am hopeful; that we can get something going, offensively, this week. Their defense has not been championship caliber, thus far.

Offensively, they have struggled throwing the ball, and have already made the change to go with Brissett. They have been pretty horrible running the ball, averaging 75 yards/game, and 2.8 per rush.

This is a game we should, and really need to, win.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Hall of Famer
Online
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

This is a game we should, and really need to, win.


Morale wise, this is a MUST win. No question...


When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
I'm picking the Browns in the the Dawgtalkers Survivor Pool this week.

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,425
L
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
L
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,425
if its a money bet im goin colts..

i hope we do win.

funny if mingo and sheard play well against us


I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,313
N
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,313
I just hope we win this for alittle success for our young team.


The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,341
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,341
Originally Posted By: nordawg
I just hope we win this for alittle success for our young team.


A win would be great for these guys confidence and for our peace of mind ... JMHO thumbsup


John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
I'll take a win lol... give me!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234
B
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,341
D
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,341
Agreed - a win now hopefully starts something. Sometimes all a team needs is a push over the brow to believe and convert competitive losses into sonething more tangible. Go get 'em Dawgs. If we play like week 1 we win.

We need to play same on defense, keep shutting down the run and force Brissett to beat us (hello Colts gameplan);
We need to set Kizer up to succeed. 1, 2 quick read options, target the TEs.
Run the ball even if it's not making gains consistently;
A few plays under center, play action and read option.
I predict a low scoring game - keep them to under 14.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I'm picking the Browns in the the Dawgtalkers Survivor Pool this week.


Bold.


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I'm picking the Browns in the the Dawgtalkers Survivor Pool this week.


Bold.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,066
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,066
I'm kind of screwed if we win this week. My wife's a Colts fan. She's already perturbed. I'm afraid what it'll be like if they drop to 0-3 by our hand. superconfused


"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 518
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 518
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Browns favored for first time since 2015

Michael David Smith,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports Tue, Sep 19 3:22 AM PDT


Breaking news: The Cleveland Browns are actually favored to win a game.

The Browns opened as a 2.5-point favorite over the Colts on Sunday at Indianapolis. That marks the first time the Browns have been favored since Week 14 of 2015, when they were two-point favorites over the 49ers. The Browns haven’t been road favorites since Week Seven of 2014 at Jacksonville.

Although the Browns’ status as favorites might mean the gambling community is starting to give Cleveland more respect, it probably says more about the Colts. Andrew Luck has already been ruled out for Sunday, and Indianapolis is 0-2. The Colts might be the worst team in the NFL.

Most of the early money has come in on the Colts, and so the line has now moved to having the Browns as one-point favorites. It’s possible that by kickoff, the Browns won’t be favored anymore. So enjoy it while you can, Cleveland.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-favored-first-time-since-102255189.html

So you're sayin there's a chance? smile


Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,990
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,990
I am crossing my fingers. This team, this coach, this FO, this fan base needs a win this week.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,693
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,693
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
I'm kind of screwed if we win this week. My wife's a Colts fan. She's already perturbed. I'm afraid what it'll be like if they drop to 0-3 by our hand. superconfused


Be smart. Grab your pillow before the game starts. Just in case.


[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,475
The Browns have been favored to win in my HOMER WORLD for so many times so this is old news to me...lol laugh


Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,976
S
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,976
"Browns favored to win"

The nail in the coffin.......


" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,066
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,066
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
I'm kind of screwed if we win this week. My wife's a Colts fan. She's already perturbed. I'm afraid what it'll be like if they drop to 0-3 by our hand. superconfused


Be smart. Grab your pillow before the game starts. Just in case.


Ah yes... might as well pick my own murder weapon while I can! I suppose being smothered might not be a bad way to go


"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
The spread is down to 1.

cfrs........you may want to reconsider.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,313
N
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,313
ya i expect by gametime for the Colts to be favored by 3. Just so they cover everything. This is really a pick'em game and i'm picking the Browns.


The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,224
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,224
Originally Posted By: slick
"Browns favored to win"

The nail in the coffin.......



Because not being favoured has had us coming up Milhouse since the rebirth..... wink


#gmstrong
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,065
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,065
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I'm picking the Browns in the the Dawgtalkers Survivor Pool this week.


My plan so far of picking against the Browns in a Survivor Pool is working pretty well.

Hopefully I get booted this week.


Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Nice!

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,674
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,674
We need to win 2 of the next 3 games imo


I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Originally Posted By: TONY
So you're sayin there's a chance? smile



Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,024
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,024
Don't get your hopes up. Hope for the best expect the worst. 50 years experience with this team will do that. It's amazing how many games we should have won over the years that were lost. I don't recall many games we won but should have lost. Maybe the Jets playoff game.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Don't get your hopes up. Hope for the best expect the worst. 50 years experience with this team will do that. It's amazing how many games we should have won over the years that were lost. I don't recall many games we won but should have lost. Maybe the Jets playoff game.


I think we beat NE a time or two, but they probably didn't gameplan for us, stayed out the night before with no curfew given and came in with a "HA HA" attitude minutes before looking at a tape or two of film.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Yeah, the game where we beat the Patriots, and that game where we rolled the Saints come to mind. But both of those were out of the blue.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,024
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,024
I see where you are coming from in those Patriots and Saints games. The ones I specifically mean are the ones where we outplayed a team for most of the game but lost it because of a bad call or a late turnover or just a dumb play by us. The Kansas City game with the helmet toss or that Bears game where we blew a 14 point lead with 2 minutes left come to mind. The red right 88 game and let's face it, that DRIVE game against Denver are 2 others. Hate to open old wounds but those are 2 games we could have and should have won. frown

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Just win, baby! Dig deeper


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,701
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,701
A very critical game for this team to win. We have to win if we are going to start taking steps forward.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Hall of Famer
Online
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
A very critical game for this team to win. We have to win if we are going to start taking steps forward.


My thoughts as well, 'peen...


When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,024
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,024
I agree as well. Remember, you have a team on the other side of the ball that really wants to win also. They don't want to be 0-3 either.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,693
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,693
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
They don't want to be 0-3 either.


Are we sure about that?


[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
They don't want to be 0-3 either.


Are we sure about that?


Ty says "It can't happen, it won't happen" so yeah, it sounds like blood is in the water. May the best team win.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 28 Colts 31 Browns Favored to Win!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5