Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4047245-Stockley-Ruling.html

I posted the link for the ruling that judge in this case filed. I'd copy/paste it but it's a .pdf format.

It's a bit lengthy at 30 pages, but it's a fairly easy read. Other than referencing some state statutes, it doesn't get bogged down in legal jargon and is plainly written. Essentially what you'll get format wise is first the judge lays out the facts and timeline of the incident. He then goes on to cite various witness testimonies and that testimonies relevance to evidence gathered.

After that he goes through elements that the State is alleging and talks about whether those allegations are supported or dispelled by evidence and testimony. He does reference some other cases when he talks about the standards and burden the State has to meet. After listing where the State has/has not met it's burden, he then gives his ruling which in this case is a not guilty.

I don't know enough about this case to know if this was a good verdict or not, and honestly I don't particularly care. My gut says it is after seeing how weak the State's case was, and the fact that the shooting happened in 2011 but they waited until 2016 to charge him. I garuntee the investigation didn't take 5 years to complete. But this is a good read for anyone interested in how judges make some of these decisions.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Most people probably don't even know what you're referring to. It's gotten to the point where a coalition of BLM and various anarchist groups rioting in a city, attacking police officers, and causing untold amounts of damage hardly even registers in the news anymore. Showing the faces of the protest would not advance the media's agenda.

I watched this thread patiently... zero replies. Sad.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
For the record, I didn't read very deeply into the details on the case itself but I did follow the rioting in St. Louis.
It looked about like a dozen or more other riots I've seen in the last year. I'm getting tired of it.

Legend
Legend
They are getting familiar, probably why the Press doesn't show them.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
to me lock them up for destruction of private property and fien the crap out of them. Rioting is not a peaceful protest.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Those anarchist groups sure are terrible. I noticed you didn't mention those same type of groups that run over and kill people with cars.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Those anarchist groups sure are terrible. I noticed you didn't mention those same type of groups that run over and kill people with cars.
jihadist?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Deflect. On this issue what else can you do?

But I will say that in Charlottesville somebody was acting like a jihadist.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

hahaha, you realize you deflected into Charlottesville, when they were talking about something else, right? The deflector calling someone a deflectee .

But take one instance against hundreds to fit your narrative.

As far the guy in Charlottesville, he'll be getting a visit from 72 people but they aint gonna be female and they sure aint gonna be virgins.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought the comment was about terrorists. Nobody has the market cornered on those.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Haus
For the record, I didn't read very deeply into the details on the case itself but I did follow the rioting in St. Louis.
It looked about like a dozen or more other riots I've seen in the last year. I'm getting tired of it.

Feels like the 60s all over again to me, only worse because there are no hippies.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/27/17 04:12 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... In case anyone was wondering what all that rioting is about...

Link Copied to Clipboard