Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
there's a bridge in brooklyn that i'm selling at a decent price. all i need is your social.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
there's a bridge in brooklyn that i'm selling at a decent price. all i need is your social.

Give him his tax cuts and tax reform and we will grow our way to prosperity and wealth.
Give him Repatriation of the Trillions held overseas and he will repair that bridge in Brooklyn, making it a shining symbol to the world!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Give him his tax cuts and tax reform and we will grow our way to prosperity and wealth.
Give him Repatriation of the Trillions held overseas and he will repair that bridge in Brooklyn, making it a shining symbol to the world!

Give him a sprinkle of fairy dust and he can fly off to never never land with the rest of the lost boys... rolleyes

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
There Is No Right To Healthcare

I have to yell BULLCRAP on that one. For those of us who had money taken from our paychecks by the government for medicare year after year after year. We have the right to be covered by medicare if we become disabled, or at retirement, and it should not be costing us a fortune. Hell it should not be costing us anything but a small deductible and co-pay.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If you're against people living, it's not a right.

If you think people dying in the streets is just fine, it's not a right.

If you don't have a compassionate bone in your body, you don't consider it a right.

If the rest of the entire globe is wrong and only the Republican party is correct, it's not a right.

Otherwise, it's a right.

thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

If you don't have a compassionate bone in your body, you don't consider it a right.

If the rest of the entire globe is wrong and only the Republican party is correct, it's not a right.

Otherwise, it's a right.

And if you bankrupt a Nation in the name of compassion, if you lower the ability of the Nation to defend itself, and if you provide healthcare to the illegal aliens who invade your borders, you have thrown everyone under the bus and all suffer what you describe. Turns out not to be compassionate at all. Just stupid, emotional foolishness.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Otherwise, it's a right.

thumbsup

Can I call you guys a Waaaaaambulance? They'll probably take you to the hospital but there isn't a cure for hurt feelings or mean people. I don't care that you think the gov't has the cure, I promise you there isn't one.

It's not a Right.

And you guys are foolish if you think that any gov't run healthcare system put in place is going to look anything like that fantasy in your heads.

People dying in the streets... give me a break rofl

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
It's always funny watching guys like you who cry about the government not leave said government job.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Am I the only one that realizes we are talking about insurance, not healthcare. Everyone ALREADY GETS healthcare. If you walk into a ER, they treat you. That is HealthCare, you guys are talking about insurance.

Funny how they use terms to make things sound more drastic, no?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't think they want Insurance or Healthcare.
Seems many are looking for Welfare.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Its just all doom and gloom. "People are going to die in the streets" "you are taking their healthcare"

Well people technically people will die no matter what, its what we do. No insurance plan is going to change that.

No one is taking away HEALTHCARE. There are laws that people have to be treated no matter what. That is not going to change, UNLESS the government steps and denies care when they grant them the authority to oversee it smile

Does anyone really want their 75 year old grandma going to the hospital and needing heart surgery, and having some official with no medical knowledge looking at a balance sheet determining if she gets treatment?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's always funny watching guys like you who cry about the government not leave said government job.

This.... makes no sense.

Ohhhhhh, I get it...classic Swish. Make a baseless claim off of literally nothing that was stated using a faulty premise. Let me see if I can do it too...

It's always funny to watch guys like you cry about how racist cops and law enforcement are but hasn't applied to be a cop so he can change things even though he's more than capable of it.

thumbsup

Last edited by DevilDawg2847; 09/21/17 11:55 AM. Reason: forgot the word "premise"!!

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't think they want Insurance or Healthcare.
Seems many are looking for Welfare.

It's what a gov't administered healthcare system will run more like... food stamps, section 8, etc. It won't look like true insurance like auto or home.

But it already has been more about subsidizing medical bills than it is insuring against a catastrophe anyway

-Jack Burton

Legend
Legend
Quote:
No one is taking away HEALTHCARE. There are laws that people have to be treated no matter what.

Yes they will if this goes thru.

Besides this is what Obamacare was working well to reduce. Uninsured folks and the homeless just showing up at any ole hospital Emergency Room for just a checkup or for a common colds, flus and such. And that's what the mandate was for. For those who didn't have insurance would be required to pay a tax in their Tax returns to help reduce the burden on Hospital emergency rooms across the country.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
In the interest of adding something constructive, I'd like too ask some of the older Dawgs a question who are in support of a gov't administered system.. universal/single payer/what have you.

Back in the late 90's we tried the whole HMO system, where it was supposed to decrease the costs of medical care. I was only a teenager back then so I was only plugged in to a degree, but I do recall that HMO's were hated by the masses because healthcare was approved or denied by administrative type bean counters.. not healthcare professionals.

Given that if we were to implement single payer or what have that there is guaranteed to be a massive bureaucracy in order to run it. Why do you guys believe that we wouldn't have the same issues?

-Jack Burton

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Please explain how it will if it goes through....

you made the claim it will, explain exactly how it will. Ill wait...because you cant, you have no idea because you are just spitting out a line given by the party.

INSURANCE IS NOT HEALTHCARE - Obamacare (if you agree with it or not, is insurance, not heathcare)

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
No one is taking away HEALTHCARE. There are laws that people have to be treated no matter what.

Besides this is what Obamacare was working well to reduce. Uninsured folks and the homeless just showing up at any ole hospital Emergency Room for just a checkup or for a common colds, flus and such. And that's what the mandate was for. For those who didn't have insurance would be required to pay a tax in their Tax returns to help reduce the burden on Hospital emergency rooms across the country.

No it won't. And the mandate had little to do with reimbursing hospitals for ER expenses. It was meant as a "motivator" for people to enter the "market places" because the system's sustainability depended on the monetary contributions of healthy people not likely to use the insurance.

-Jack Burton

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Obamacare is INSURANCE NOT HEALTHCARE

DUH...And when you repeal it 20mil+ will lose their healthcare.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Quote:

No it won't. And the mandate had little to do with reimbursing hospitals for ER expenses. It was meant as a "motivator" for people to enter the "market places" because the system's sustainability depended on the monetary contributions of healthy people not likely to use the insurance.

The mandate had a lot to do with helping reduce the burden on ER's. And yes you are right to also motivate people to get insurance instead of using the ER's as a doctor's visit. So yes it had a lot to do with hospital ER expenses that Obamacare was helping to reduce.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

This.... makes no sense.

Ohhhhhh, I get it...classic Swish. Make a baseless claim off of literally nothing that was stated using a faulty premise. Let me see if I can do it too...

It's always funny to watch guys like you cry about how racist cops and law enforcement are but hasn't applied to be a cop so he can change things even though he's more than capable of it.

thumbsup

you did all that and didn't refute anything i said.

also, nice try attempting to change the subject. i could care less about your hurt feelings over my comments on your specific profession, but in this thread, ya know, the one about healthcare, i find it out how you cry about government but have no problem working for said government.

it makes perfect sense if you aren't a snowflake.

you work for a government agency? check.
your salary comes from taxpayers? check.

guess what that makes you? someone who works for the government.

there's absolutely zero wrong with that, btw. i just found it funny that you whine about the same place you willingly show up to work for everyday.

they are so dysfunctional that you can't help but draw a check on the 1st and 15th from them. apparently government isn't all that bad when it comes to paying your bills, huh? apparently it ain't that bad seeing as you haven't left to go do something else.

but i blame that on lack of education and perspective. i'd love it if they actually raised the standards to be a cop, but unfortunately that means guys like you would be out of a job.

if you wanted to take shots, then you came to the right poster.

anyways, yes, i support single payer, or a national healthcare system. i understand you don't like raising the quality of life for citizens and instead enjoy shooting them instead, but the majority of americans want the #1 country in the world to start acting like it.

Last edited by Swish; 09/21/17 12:31 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
You know Swish it never ceases to amaze me that the biggest complainers on governmental issues like Healthcare, Social Security, and Welfare. are always the ones sucking up the most entitlements.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
and lets look at that from a broad view.

the biggest states that whines about the federal government and entitlements the most, happens to be the biggest beneficiary of said government: Red states.

here are the states that take the most federal money:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-state...vernment-2015-7

https://taxfoundation.org/states-rely-most-federal-aid/

Red states, who do the most whining about federal government, happen to take more federal money than blue states.

wowzers. talk about a complete contradiction with regards to rhetoric vs facts.

Last edited by Swish; 09/21/17 12:40 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Oh Devil, you have awakened the crying Welfare Queens from their slumber as they post 5 cries in a row.

Legend
Legend
not really. he just posted something inaccurate and i corrected him.

i know you conservatives don't like dealing with facts all that much, but it's ok bro. that's what the liberals are here for. to give you actual facts.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Oh Devil, you have awakened the crying Welfare Queens from their slumber as they post 5 cries in a row.

The biggest complainer here is in your mirror. And it never ceases to amaze me just how much the biggest complainers suck up the govt entitlements while continually complaining about what others say or do.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yea, I read your posts.

Poor Poor NK.
Illegals should have the right to vote.
Welfare for all.
Terrorists are good and misunderstood.

Are you saying you no longer stand by these statements?

Legend
Legend
Yea, I read your posts.

Poor Poor NK.
Illegals should have the right to vote.
Welfare for all.
Terrorists are good and misunderstood.

Are you saying you no longer stand by these statements?

rofl Keep sucking up those govt entitlements bro.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
A cop talking about being cruel by not providing healthcare to his fellow citizens? Why am I not shocked?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
The GOP will be kind of bitter when they are sitting on the curb because they got voted out. They arent bright enough to know this affects everyone, and if they fail they are done.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Reminds me of Texas. They want the federal government out of their life. Many of them keep trying to vote for succession. Until a hurricane comes along and, well.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't know where everybody gets their numbers but if Trump can get our economy humming again like he wants, those numbers will be Fake News as everyone is working and making good money and businesses grow and money from overseas comes pouring back in.

Stocks could rally 10% into year's end thanks to the Trump effect, says longtime bull Jeremy Siegel, The finance professor who correctly called the Dow Jones industrial average's surge to 20,000 said he expects stocks to jump even higher in the last 101 days of the year.

The Wharton School's Jeremy Siegel believes it'll have a lot to do with President Donald Trump's intention to get business-friendly reforms passed on Capitol Hill.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/21/stocks-c...emy-siegel.html

thumbsup Oh Yea....

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well as long as you make money and people lose their healthcare your world is all rosy. I mean screw everyone else, right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Stocks usually do rally in the 4th qtr. But please don't let that stop you from propping them up again.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well as long as you make money and people lose their healthcare your world is all rosy. I mean screw everyone else, right?

As long as I worked hard, built a carreer and invest to make money, I will not need welfare.
You really should try it sometime. Right?

It is after all, the American Way. thumbsup

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/21/17 02:06 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since you know nothing about me it shows the ignorance your words carry. As per usual.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

It never ceases to amaze me that most of the people who are always bragging about their portfolio, don't have one.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

It never ceases to amaze me that most of the people who are always bragging about their portfolio, don't have one.

Don't be too hard on Pit now. tsktsk

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/21/17 02:14 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we should take Trumps advice and try to duplicate that wonderful healthcare system of Nambia.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Don't you mean Narnia?
Oh, wait- doesn't matter, since neither actually exists...

#roomtempIQ

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well who knew healthcare would be this hard? And geography? Well geography seems to be pretty difficult too.

Maybe if I had a larger portfolio it would help. No, wait a minute. Trump has a huge portfolio and it isn't helping him with geography or healthcare.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Repeal and Replace IV

Link Copied to Clipboard