OP Offline
Legend
T
Unhappy. GO!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We s-u-c-k ....0-16

Who do we take with the 1st pick?

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 09/24/17 04:17 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once Again to Many Penalties Turnovers and Dropped Passes ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No way near as close as the score.
So many culprits today. Hats off to Duke and nobody else really.

I'm afraid Hue's in too deep. We'll see.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I just can't justify watching this team play and feeling like crap watching them lose every week. I don't see the progress we all anticipated. The only reason this was close was due to junk time scoring and the fact Indy got ultra conservative after the field goal.

NOTHING looked good to me.

I'm done with this team... see you all next Sunday.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I could only listen to the game. I am disappointed, but I think Kizer shows some signs that he could be our guy. Now, go ahead and let me have it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: The Big G
I could only listen to the game. I am disappointed, but I think Kizer shows some signs that he could be our guy. Now, go ahead and let me have it.

Maybe a few years from now, not now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I know it still too early but he has no touch, little accuracy and hasn't developed real football smarts. Add a totally sub par receiving corps and he's in trouble. Jordan Leslie apparently can't prove himself enough to satisfy Hue...

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
we dont have tater tots

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

im jealous. i wanna unsee this game

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
We s-u-c-k ....0-16

Who do we take with the 1st pick?

One of the QB's we PASSED on ?

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Go Back and Look at 2016! Go back and look, the first 3 games, are almost identical.

Does this mean they are going lose another 7 before 0-16 becomes a very real possibility? Again?

I would LOVE TO SEE, as an act of protest.

I would LOVE to SEE the entire press crew abandon the Hue Jackson's post game comments, and ask him 0 questions in the post game interview.

Would Love to see Hue Jackson, walk in to a room with a microphone, and an empty room!

Send a message! Enough is enough!

Cleveland deserves better.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know it doesn't seem like it now, but I think we finally grew as a Team today, although it took until the second half. I think were gonna learn how to win. Just need some time put it all together.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
I know it doesn't seem like it now, but I think we finally grew as a Team today, although it took until the second half. I think were gonna learn how to win. Just need some time put it all together.

I wish I had tuned into the game you watched.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
My post game thoughts?

The real Browns are in Baltimore run by a real Brown(Ozzie Newsome)

Newsome is probably the ONLY guy in the NFL that could change things here, but no way in Hades Baltimore ever lets him leave.....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
See how they come back in weeks four and five against like talented teams.

R
Legend
Legend
R
--I really like those pistachio commercials. Pretty funny.

--Both Beth Mowins and Feely were awful. I don't understand those who said Mowins was good.

--Hochuli looked like he was in pain anytime he had to call a penalty against the Colts.

--1oldmutt stole my "Hue will leave on his own without being fired" prediction. poke Stopped short? That's my move!

--As for the rest, I got nothing. cfrs asked why we continue to do this as fans. It's a great question. To have a hobby that you are so passionate about continue to kick you in the groin over and over again is just dumb.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown

I could not disagree more.

There was no progress. No flashes. Just more bad talent, bad coaching, bad execution. Just bad football.

Basically, there is nothing to look forward to with this team.

But then again, there never is. This shouldn't be a surprise to me or anyone else.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But I DO have your back on that prediction! I say he steps down siting that it's just not going how he hoped and it's best that be move on. Something like that to look Noble.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Hue needs to save Hue from getting Hue in a lot of trouble. 42-16 run pass ratio with a rookie? Nah, let someone else handle the duties. Maybe they will understand how to keep Duke on the field.

you had a good run Hank.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Where's all the homers that claimed Gregg Williams was such a guy to change the defense around ???
He got beat by a 3rd string qb.
Enough said

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Where's all the homers that claimed Gregg Williams was such a guy to change the defense around ???
He got beat by a 3rd string qb.
Enough said

And 3 picks with no WR help..

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
My post game thoughts?

The real Browns are in Baltimore run by a real Brown(Ozzie Newsome)

Newsome is probably the ONLY guy in the NFL that could change things here, but no way in Hades Baltimore ever lets him leave.....

Didn't the Ravens lose big today, or something.

But I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND that point of viev. ^^^

E
Legend
Legend
E
We have no WR or CB.
So we are gonna suck until that gets fixed.

No Craps Given
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I saw a team that would have won and have fewer turnovers if our WRs could catch the ball. Seems the only reliable targets after 3 weeks is DeValve, Njoku, and Duke Johnson. Looks like we need to be running 2 TE sets to be competitive.

Also learned that if you make plays you get benched, which makes no sense. Examples: Njoku and Leslie.

Hue needs to make a statement to his WRs and bench the starters next week in favor of practice squad guys who are hungry. Too many guys in that group just don't care.

Last edited by HewDawg; 09/24/17 04:47 PM.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Post game thought.

0-3 is a world of different result than 1-2. Period.

Somebody sold me a BILL OF GOODS , that this Browns' team was going to be relevant this year.

A whole BOATLOAD OF EX BROWNS, players, on any of the 31 other NFL teams, were relevant THIS WEEK!

But the Browns fell back into 0 wins.

and This defense is playing too dang well, 90% of the time, on so many drives, to be put in this position again.

Just LOOK at the LACK of Success, other teams have had Running the Ball up the middle against this Cleveland Browns Dawg Pound Defense! All 3 games of the season!

And this team can't take advantage of any of that, to parlay that into EVEN ONE WIN.

0-3 IS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, than even 1-2. frown frown frown

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
We have no WR or CB.
So we are gonna suck until that gets fixed.

And that answers the question as to why he plays Peppers 30 yards deep. He knows it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think Peyton Manning is a huge Kizer fan right now, he wants his rookie interception record broken.. Manning had 28, Kizer on pace for 32+ I think you have to play hogan if you want to attempt to win

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Somebody expain this one!

Ibraheim Campbell played today. Now I may be wrong, but I don't think the Browns have been even close to a win, in any game Ibraheim Campbell played in, last year, this year, or anytime prior.

Ed ReynoldsII was waived for injury designation, (edit: And it was a 6, or 7 week recovery time);
sometime in the last 5 weeks, back from today.

IN 2016, Ed ReynoldsII was signed and earned the starting Job away from Ibraheim Campbell for the entire 2nd part of the season.

Whenever Ibraheim Campbell has been on the field, at safety.
Other teams get 80 yard pass plays, back to back to back to back, and score in the 30's against you!

Answer Why! Why does this guy make the team?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Answer Why! Why does this guy make the team?

-Because Currie and Reynolds both got significant injuries in training camp
-Because Calvin Pryor is bad for the locker room
- Because the best rookie safety we got was Kai Nuacua who sucks as well........

Campbell was in the game because Kindred got hurt, if I'm not mistaken.

But that's why he's on the team

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Please notify the board when he is ready. Seems like he is going the way of Kessler. Certainly looking worse, not better to me. Dumb play calls again. That running thang is coming along. Just miserable to watch. Britt, Taylor, Kizer. Lowered the bar.

Schobert impressed me. Everybody flagged should donate about $1000 per yard for penalties to a Cleveland charity. This was another stupid day as far as flags and drops.

Sit Britt next game. Willing to miss his contributions. I like Hogan to play more.

We are tanking without planning to do so.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hue is now 1-18 as head coach of the Browns.

I wonder how long we stick with that?

We now have 2 home games we could win. I wonder how we blow those?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Another week. Another loss.

Completely unimpressed with all aspects of the team.

Legend
Legend
Start Britt. Play Kizer. Drop balls. Let Jamar Taylor out there. Let Kizer tank some more.

Lots of penalties must be built into the game plan.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Another week. Another loss.

Completely unimpressed with all aspects of the team.

[/thread]

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Hue is now 1-18 as head coach of the Browns.

Browns 4-31 since the start of 2015. 1-1 and since week 3 of 2015 the Browns are

3 and 30. Browns, not Hue, but.

How many of the last 19 would previous coaches have won?
It doesn't matter.

What matters is what they do next!

But 3 and 30? Cleveland deserves better.

Clevleand deserves it's NFL football team to be freaking relevant in the standings. Period!

If you ran the ball 100% of the offensive plays, I think you could at least EQUAL 3-30. Where is the running game.

3 wins And 30 losses in the last 33 games.
The Browns need to take a look at the Tampa Bucs and Atanta Falcons of the 1980's and study what they tried that doesn't work!
Maybe the Browns already have.

J
Legend
Legend
J
As I read the board before the season I was once again puzzled by the overly optimistic people, who were also so ticked off at the people who were more measured in their expectations of this team. I don't understand how you can look at the players on this team and expect any more than what you are now seeing. Did I expect a little more? Yes. I expected to see steady improvement and maybe see a few wins. Although, as soon as they chose Kizer as the starter, I knew things could get much worse because a rookie with a horrible receiving core, who some people claimed would be just fine.....wow, isn't not going to do well. The defense also disappointed me today.

I will say I have been disappointed with some of Hue's decisions, and his clock management. It seems he learned the wrong things from Marvin, who tends to make the mistakes Hue made today.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A lot of emotions in here today. People had expectations of winning today, period. What do they say? Oh yea; Expectations breed let downs. May reason prevail in time.

You may disagree and say it's "identical" to last year but I see differences. This looks like a wildly inconsistent, very very young team. They could be decent later this season, they have some Fundamental kinks to work out but the light is closer than it was last year. IMO. I still hold firm to my 5-11 prediction and that they'd look bad early. Wildly inconsistent and very young even. Nothing has changed my view except that we're gonna need an OC next year. Keep your heads and check your expectations.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
A lot of emotions in here today. People had expectations of winning today, period. What do they say? Oh yea; Expectations breed let downs. May reason prevail in time.

You may disagree and say it's "identical" to last year but I see differences. This looks like a wildly inconsistent, very very young team. They could be decent later this season, they have some Fundamental kinks to work out but the light is closer than it was last year. IMO. I still hold firm to my 5-11 prediction and that they'd look bad early. Wildly inconsistent and very young even. Nothing has changed my view except that we're gonna need an OC next year. Keep your heads and check your expectations.

No ability to learn or improve..

Peppers is burning the team, yet we still do nothing to prevent that

Running game does not work...

Etc etc

Last edited by rastanplan; 09/24/17 05:48 PM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I'm really thinking that lack of continuity is what got Cleveland where they are today. One poster on another thread talked about the many players we were unable to resign to new contracts and there are quality guys that have stepped onto the field in the Orange and Brown. Every blowup sets us back. Every 2-3 years we get a whole new staff, cut half the roster, then place another 5 year plan in place that gets abandoned before it can catch wind.

I'm curious to seeing this thing through with Hue Jackson despite the growing pains. I mean, what coach can we pull off the streets that can turn this club around? Any potential risers from college or hot coordinators? The only offers we will be able to field are those fired from other organizations which will lead to a lengthy process of losing before any consistent winning comes around. The Browns would have won had 1 key stat been eliminated: drops.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 28 Colts 31 Post Game Thoughts!

Link Copied to Clipboard