Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Haus Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
H
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24/multiple-people-shot-at-tennessee-church-police-say.html

Deadly Tennessee church shooting: Sudanese immigrant arrested, FBI launches civil rights investigation

One woman was killed and seven other people were hurt after a suspect identified as a Sudanese immigrant opened fire at a Tennessee church Sunday, police said, as the FBI confirmed it's launched a civil rights investigation into the shooting.

The suspect, 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson, immigrated from Sudan two decades ago, police said. He's suspected of bringing at least two pistols and a mask to the predominantly white Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, southeast of Nashville, before

Metropolitan Nashville Police Department tweeted that Samson had been released from the hospital and will be charged with murder and attempted murder.

Photos from a Facebook page under Samson's name seemed to show him lifting weights and showing off his physique. A post earlier Sunday read: "Everything you've ever doubted or made to be believe as false, is real. & vice versa, B." Another post read, "Become the creator instead of what's created. What you say, goes."

Police have not commented on the Facebook posts.

"The Memphis FBI Field Office's Nashville Resident Agency, the Civil Rights Division, and the US Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Tennessee have opened a civil rights investigation into the shooting at the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, Tennessee. The FBI will collect all available facts and evidence," FBI Memphis told Fox News.

An usher, identified as Robert Engle, 22, confronted the gunman at one point and was pistol-whipped, causing "significant injury around his head," police added. They said Engle went to his own car, grabbed a pistol and headed back into the church.

Law enforcement confirmed Samson is a legal U.S. resident who immigrated from Sudan in 1996.

It was initially reported that the gunman shot himself, although police said it's unclear whether he shot himself or the gun unintentionally discharged during his scuffle with Engle.

Police said that Burnette Chapel churchgoers recognized Samson as attending their church one to two years ago, but noted he hadn't attended services "in quite a while."
The woman who was shot and killed in the church parking lot, identified as Melanie Smith, 39, was walking to her car when she was hit, police said.

The gunman, with his blue vehicle still running in the parking lot, then entered the back of the church and shot six people – three women and three men – who were rushed to the hospital, police said.

Police identified those being treated at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and in stable condition as: William Jenkins, 83; Marlene Jenkins, 84; Peggy Spann, 65; and Linda Busch, 68. David Spann, 60, was also being treated at Vanderbilt, but was listed as in critical but stable condition.

Katherine Dickerson, 64, was in stable condition at Skyline Medical Center. Engle was also being treated at Skyline.

Nashville Christian School wrote on Facebook that David Spann, nicknamed Joey, is a Bible teacher at the school, in addition to working as a high school and middle school basketball coach. Spann is reportedly a pastor at the Burnette Chapel.

Metropolitan Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson called Engle a "hero" for his actions at the church Sunday.

Several witnesses claimed the shooter was wearing a “clown mask” when he opened fire, but police said what he wore more closely resembled a ski mask.

Megan Barry, mayor of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, said in a statement that the shooting "is a terrible tragedy for our city. My heart aches for the family and friends of the deceased as well as for the wounded victims and their loved ones."

Gov. Bill Haslam added that he and his wife, Crissy, were praying for the victims and "committed to supporting the Antioch community in the aftermath of this tragedy."

The church has a weekly service starting at 10 a.m. Sunday. The surrounding area was closed off as police investigated the situation.

Legend
Legend
Charge him, convict him, execute him.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

Just like what was done with Dylann Roof for the Charleston church shooting.

The difference is the racial accusations against white America went on for weeks with him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

The difference is the racial accusations against white America went on for weeks with him.

I knew this was coming.

You talk about not wanting to bring race into every incident, but then as soon as something like this happens you can't wait to bring it up.

Odd. And expected.

Regardless. Dylan roof was a white supremacist, so obviously there's the reason why it went on for weeks.

Once they question this loser and it shows that he deliberately targeted a white church, then he should be charged with a hate crime.

But so much for "wait til all the facts come out" rhetoric conservatives love parroting.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
No, your twist won't fly here. We all saw how it went down.

It is just more hypocrisy.

The difference is the Right does not cry as hard and long and loud as the Left.

So according to your logic about Dylann Roof being a white supremacist being an excuse to point fingers at all whites, this guy being an immigrant from Sudan justifies pointing fingers at all Sudanese immigrants, right?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/25/17 11:49 AM.
Legend
Legend
I never said anything about it being ok to judge all whites. All white nationalist, yes.

And I didn't twist anything. I gave you facts you couldn't refute.

I can't tell if you guys don't do as much crying because you're doing it right now.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
This incident happened in a town about 10 minutes from where I live. It's a terrible tragedy. Yet rather than focus on the victims or the tragedy of it all, we have one poster trying to turn it into race baiting. Sad.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I agree but I really want to figure out why he did it first.. he went to the church a couple years ago.. was he planning this then and it took a while to get up the courage or was he seriously interested in the church at that time?

Most Sudanese refugees who have come here are/were Christians.. because that is who is being persecuted badly in Sudan...

So I will be very curious to find out more background information on what exactly happened here.

Then execute him.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

I can agree on 2 out of 3 bro. Charge him, lock his ass up in a small cell for the rest of his life, but don't kill him. That is the easy way out.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
This incident happened in a town about 10 minutes from where I live. It's a terrible tragedy. Yet rather than focus on the victims or the tragedy of it all, we have one poster trying to turn it into race baiting. Sad.

No more sad then when you and others jumped on the race baiting bandwagon with Dylann Roof for the Charleston church shooting.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Everyone has a motivation for killing people. In this case we aren't sure of what that is in this case. Just keep trashing a tragic event. It's a sign of your character.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

No more sad then when you and others jumped on the race baiting bandwagon with Dylann Roof for the Charleston church shooting.

It is way worse because we knew from the get go that Roof was a white supremacist and that is why he killed those innocent people. Right now, there is not a known motive for this killing, yet people are jumping right to the race portion of it. Could this have been racially motivated? Sure, but right now there is zero evidence either way, at least that has been released.

Legend
Legend
Personally I think he had it out for the one woman he killed. Everyone else was an afterthought.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Personally I think he had it out for the one woman he killed. Everyone else was an afterthought.

Then why did you bring race in to it right away? Just to push people's buttons or what?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cle23

Thats funny cuz if this involved a cop shooting a black guy the first words out of everyones mouth would be how it was racially motivated.
It is way worse because we knew from the get go that Roof was a white supremacist and that is why he killed those innocent people. Right now, there is not a known motive for this killing, yet people are jumping right to the race portion of it. Could this have been racially motivated? Sure, but right now there is zero evidence either way, at least that has been released.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I never said anything about it being ok to judge all whites. All white nationalist, yes.

And I didn't twist anything. I gave you facts you couldn't refute.

I can't tell if you guys don't do as much crying because you're doing it right now.

But you don't hesitate to label others white nationalists the momemt it suits you... So 40 really isn't that far off...

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend

Then why did you bring race in to it right away? Just to push people's buttons or what?

To show the injustice of all those who jumped on white people from the beginning of the Dylann Roof case.

People don't tend to see these things until they are on the other side of the issue.

Legend
Legend
false. but not surprising coming from an ill informed cop.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Did you read the part where he said 40 isn't really that far off?

Biggest compliment I ever received on DT.

Back in line for that Nobel Peace Prize I am.

Legend
Legend
and? just because he said something doesn't make it true.

unless you believe anything people tell you.

actually, that makes a lot of sense. you probably do.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Au Contraire. He is a Police Officer and I have sat on many a jury. wink

Legend
Legend

Au Contraire. He is a Police Officer and I have sat on many a jury. wink

oh so you and him are responsible for why so many people serve long jail sentences, then get released because of false testimony by cops.

congrats for being part of the problem.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

It's equally sad.. which is the point, when can we move past it and deal with tragedy and loss and senseless violence on a human level rather than a "our side" verses "your side" level?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

It's equally sad.. which is the point, when can we move past it and deal with tragedy and loss and senseless violence on a human level rather than a "our side" verses "your side" level?

My exact words during the Charleston Church shooting. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
maybe he just hated that one woman for whatever reason, and crap hit the fan from there.

also, while what you're saying is true about sudanese people and christianity, that doesn't automatically mean that he's one of the good ones.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
sad story. Prayers to the victims

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B

Out of bounds is out of bounds, 40.

Nobody condones or in someway minimizes what was done.

Too bad this guy shot a young woman walking to her car, killing her, then started shooting people in their 60's to 80's.

At least the one kid had a gun in the car and helped end this jerks rampage. No telling how many more he might have shot.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yea, nice that everyone cares about it now.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

I can agree on 2 out of 3 bro. Charge him, lock his ass up in a small cell for the rest of his life, but don't kill him. That is the easy way out.

I'd rather send 30 kids to college than pay to have him rot in jail. There is zero doubt on his guilt so he should be executed and done so quickly.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
You have your opinion and I have mine bro.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Nothing wrong with that to me but can I not have to pay the taxes to take care of him. 30 to 40k a year could send a lot of kids to college vs keeping that kind of scum alive ... If he goes to max security it's almost double that ...

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
I am fine with a 8x10 cell. No TV, no radio, no visitors, and keep him in there 23 hours a day. Cheap meals as well. thumbsup

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

Nothing wrong with that to me but can I not have to pay the taxes to take care of him. 30 to 40k a year could send a lot of kids to college vs keeping that kind of scum alive ... If he goes to max security it's almost double that ...

And unfortunately, its way more expensive to execute him.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

And unfortunately, its way more expensive to execute him.
Only because of idiotic lawyers and so called "rights" groups.

A bullet depending on cal. is relatively cheap.

And why we on the subject, why do they use alcohol to swipe the arm of the person we are lethally injecting??? Do they think hes going to get sick

Legend
Legend
maybe he just hated that one woman for whatever reason, and crap hit the fan from there.

also, while what you're saying is true about sudanese people and christianity, that doesn't automatically mean that he's one of the good ones.

It doesn't really mean anything.. he's Sudanese.. he could be Christian, he could be Muslim, he could be neither... he could be an evil guy who has been biding his time waiting to do something like this for a while, he could have been a decent guy who suddenly snapped for some reason...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
My prayers go out to the those injured, and their families, along with the family and friends of the lady who was killed. What a tragic day. I pray for God's comfort upon them.

As far as the shooter, put him in a cell, and let him spend his life thinking about what he did. Perhaps he'll come to faith in Jesus Christ, and truly repent of his sins, and find forgiveness for his sins. It's never too late, as long as he is in this life. If he doesn't, well, the Bible tells us that vengeance is the Lord's, and that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. If he dies in his sins, it will be the worst punishment anyone can ever imagine.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Tell that to the ones who lost family members. God gave us laws with penalties for breaking them for a reason. Thou shalt not kill. Punishment is death. Nothing more for me to think about.

When people do truly wicked deeds they should be punished quickly and permanently to deter future evil doers at least somewhat from doing it too. When the only punishment is 3 meals a day and a place to sleep for murdering and raping people then the law has no teeth in my opinion. When laws have no teeth you won't have order.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Boy swish you are apiece of work. Always cutting on somebody who provides help and security to the community. Black and white. What do you do? Sell roofs to old ladies?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Boy swish you are apiece of work. Always cutting on somebody who provides help and security to the community. Black and white. What do you do? Sell roofs to old ladies?

nah, i engage in child labor.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
nah, i engage in child labor.

What I want to know is who knocked those children up in the first place wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Deadly Tennessee church shooting

Link Copied to Clipboard