Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
90 day rehab is a commitment to get better. Never thought he would stay clean before but he has given himself a chance now. It's not 3 days n I realize I am not an addict like those junkies in rehab, which has been his mindset imho.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Your supposition is entirely possible.

It's also possible that he's reinstated and screws the pooch again. It's already happened- how many times?

Yet he's NEVER been in a Rehab for this long either.

My toes are crossed.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Yes, lifestyle issues- from Baylor, Utah, Browns- drug user/known drugs- weed, cough syrup, alcohol, then we have multiple speeding tickets/extreme speeding, and then multiple pregnancies with different women, and multiple rehab stays..on and on...we might be DESPERATE at WR and surely could use a former All Pro WR....but, how do you TRUST this guy....if reinstated, trade him quickly for anything of value...if he turns out to be Chris Carter....GOOD For Him....but we don't need the Gordon story lurching forever over the team....JMHO...GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

The "trade him for whatever he is worth" mantra isn't going to happen.

The ONLY way will get even a ham sandwich out of this guy is in a trade conditional upon him staying clean. Think about that.

If we trade him and he stays clean, we get a sandwich. If we keep him and he stays clean, we just may have a pro bowl WR again.

If we trade him and he flops, we get nothing. If we keep him and he flops, we get nothing.

The trade thing isn't likely to happen unless some team is dumb enough to not make the trade a conditional one.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

The ONLY way will get even a ham sandwich out of this guy is in a trade conditional upon him staying clean. Think about that.

If we trade him and he stays clean, we get a sandwich. If we keep him and he stays clean, we just may have a pro bowl WR again.

If we trade him and he flops, we get nothing. If we keep him and he flops, we get nothing.

The trade thing isn't likely to happen unless some team is dumb enough to not make the trade a conditional one.

Thank you. As satisfying as it may be (for some) to cut the guy loose and slam the door on his butt, keeping him is a no-lose situation. No money is lost, no reputation is lost (unlike someone like Ray Rice). The only reason we're talking about him is because of his prior, proven performance.

Until he can stay in the league long enough for his rookie contract to expire (hahahaha, the dude is still on his rookie contract!), we shouldn't worry about it. We don't need to give this a single thought until/if we have to re-up his contract.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
He gets tested every week sometimes more than once. If he's been clean to get reinstated and of course we know that the testing will continue and this is the first time (last 12 months) that he did some serious rehab.

Now the question is what happens when he becomes a millionaire will his old ways catch up??? Nobody knows I think he's finally older and wiser/mature and learned a lesson. Odds are his past is behind him. We are talking about Marijuana its not Heroine or Oxycodon. I'm afraid we will let him go and he goes and has a Cris Carter career...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
This thread was started on May 11; its now Sept 22. I keep clicking on it because I think maybe there's some news, but there never is.

Can we just lock this one up, and nobody start another until there's some actual news about Josh Gordon?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Dave when was the 4th game last season? It was then his one year started to be able to get reinstated again.
I think this year started late so it might come somewhere after our 3rd game? Don't expect anything till one year after he put himself into rehab last season. That is when the procedure will start to act on his petition.

jmho but pretty sure that is where we stand.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I haven't seen it mentioned on here, but Josh Gordon posted on his snapchat story 2 days ago him saying, "day 99 3 more to go." and some comment about haters. So he may be getting ready to leave rehab and begin the next stage in the appeal process. I've always read that the Titans game would be his ideal first game back. I think we'll be getting some news within the next 3 weeks.

Legend
Legend
j/c

I think "ham sandwich" should be retired on Dawgtalkers in honor of Akron Joe. He took so much crap and was run out of here for the Peyton Hillis/Ham Sandwich thing, and in the end he would have had the last laugh had he stuck around.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
He gets tested every week sometimes more than once. If he's been clean to get reinstated and of course we know that the testing will continue and this is the first time (last 12 months) that he did some serious rehab.

Now the question is what happens when he becomes a millionaire will his old ways catch up??? Nobody knows I think he's finally older and wiser/mature and learned a lesson. Odds are his past is behind him. We are talking about Marijuana its not Heroine or Oxycodon. I'm afraid we will let him go and he goes and has a Cris Carter career...lol laugh

Report: Josh Gordon was with Johnny Manziel at trashed L.A. party house

There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere ... broken glasses over the floor and a champagne glass in a tree."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/repor...la-party-house/

yea.. im sure its just pot... rofl

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

Report: Josh Gordon was with Johnny Manziel at trashed L.A. party house

There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere ... broken glasses over the floor and a champagne glass in a tree."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/repor...la-party-house/

yea.. im sure its just pot... rofl

He got suspended for purple drank. This is not even a discussion.

Legend
Legend

EO, at the very least you are almost always the optimist, a glass half full kind of guy. But in psychology they say past behavior predicts current and future behavior. Josh has screwed up so many times I certainly wouldn't bet on him staying clean this time around, but some of us Browns fans are so desperate we are hoping for a miracle. I guess in the back of my mind I am too - I just wouldn't count on it nor say "odds are his past is behind him," like you did. Getting and staying clean and sober is something he will have to work on every day for years, until it gets to be automatic. That is if he is actually really even interested in doing so in the first place. So far his past says no.

He could be a poster boy for an anti-drug campaign if he was allowed back in the NFL and kicked butt. I'm hoping for it but wouldn't bet on it.

Johnny Manziel learned the hard way - he ruined his chances at an NFL career.

Josh Gordon might have one chance left.

B
Legend
Legend
B
j/c

Maybe so....I don't think anybody would talk about a 3rd round conditional. It would be a low pick.

I say just roll the bones and stick with him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
and this i agree with.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Your supposition is entirely possible.

It's also possible that he's reinstated and screws the pooch again. It's already happened- how many times?

1,368.4 times poke

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I agree w/you. I am not saying to cut him. I'm just saying I think he has serious issues and that I would not be surprised if he is not reinstated or messes up again.

I made three serious attempts at getting sober before this current one that has me at eleven years sober. In between those serious attempts were a myriad of smaller "attempts" at working the system (and this was while I was in the Navy). Can't smoke, so I'll drink. They tell me I can't drink, so I'll smoke a little when on leave. Get busted for drink, so maybe just drop a little acid, etc, etc.... all attempts, really, at giving the system what it wants while still getting to keep doing what I wanted. It took me a while to finally understand AND ACCEPT what I am and that none of those options will ever work for me.

It isn't a case where you wake up one day and are just good with it, and I all but guarantee that 98% of this board would fail in the same way at least once if they were told they can never have another drink "because we said so", regardless of what was on the line. Just about everyone - guaranteed - would try to beat the system by sneaking a little here and there, and those are people that wouldn't be considered alcoholics.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Actually mine has nothing to do with HOMERISM. I have always given MEN/WOMEN the benefit of the doubt.

As for Manziel's Party those things were probably present but was it in Gordon's system??? I'm sure he was tested shortly after.

I don't see the connection with that having to do with what has gotten him in trouble...his mental addiction to Weed. Never heard of any addiction to anything else.

But what do I know...I'm a Homer...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
As for Manziel's Party those things were probably present but was it in Gordon's system???

almost as good as the bathroom excuse you gave johnny cocain... lmao

Last edited by pblack18707; 09/23/17 09:39 AM.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
The dynamic has changed from when he was the best player on the team, and therefore something of a leader and a person we were counting on. We are not counting on him anymore Most of the players probably don't even know him. There is only upside and if he fails again, it isn't even a distraction. The burden is on him to prove something and we can take him or leave him. But he does (or did) have it within him to be as good an NFL wide receiver as there is. So it is worth playing it out.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Also, as time goes on, he's going to be less and less the player that led all WRs despite playing 2 fewer games. He's not old, but he's getting older.

For as little risk as it is to keep him, there will actually come a time where it's not even worth it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Will you please provide "proof" that he only uses marijuana? You keep saying it over and over. How do you know he hasn't drank or used other drugs? Hell, how do you know he is even addicted to marijuana?

I don't think any of us know exactly what he has used and hasn't used. We just know what he told us [and he is a proven liar] and that he's been kicked out of two schools, hangs w/convicted felons, has a dui, has been suspended numerous times, etc, etc.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I hear what you are saying, Purp. I agree w/your take and can sympathize what you--and many others--have went through.

I always said that people w/dependency problems aren't "bad" people. Many have great hearts. They just can't control their impulses. I know that it is "too simple," but I am not writing an essay on the subject.

Like I said earlier, I could be dead wrong but I think Gordon's issues run much deeper than some are saying. I do have some doubts if he'll be reinstated and if he is reinstated, I have even more doubts about him staying out of trouble moving forward.

I'm not trying to be mean. I am not saying to cut him. I am not saying to trade him.

I'm simply saying I find it impossible to count on the guy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://dailysnark.com/manziel-rents-la-home-causes-32k-damages-drugs-everywhere-police-called/

Broker Nick Goodwin said, “They were supposed to check out at noon. Manziel was passed out. … There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere … broken glasses over the floor and a Champagne glass in a tree. … If they don’t respond to our demand for compensation, we will sue.”

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/josh_gordon_was_with_johnny_ma.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A person identifying himself as Josh Gordon was with Johnny Manziel at a rented home in the Hollywood Hills area of Los Angeles last week that was damaged, with alcohol and what appeared to be drugs readily visible, the owner of the rental agency told cleveland.com on Friday.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's pretty obvious. I hate piling on the guy, but for some odd reason, I always feel the need to speak up when people say stuff like the NFL is picking on him or that the only thing he has ever done is smoked a bit of marijuana.

I don't know the truth, but if one takes the evidence as a whole, I don't see how anyone would trust Gordon.

Btw------------I hope I am dead wrong and he is clean and will never have an incident again.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Come on we always keep a bank roll in our pockets.

I definitely was trying not to believe that about Manziel.

But I fail to see any PROOF that you are anyone else can bring that had him doing Cocaine there.

From what I know And that means you or anyone else. He has been suspended from Marijuana issues and drinking.

The guy from day one is getting tested at least once a week.
Show me where he failed a test because of Cocaine. I think its insulting to state I have my head in the sand due to ANYTHING I stated on this thread. But I would expect MADE UP STUFF FROM YOU and Insults to boot as if YOU ARE CORRECT.
Prove it and I'll say you are correct.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and acts like a duck, it's a duck.

I stayed in denial about Josh for a long time. But it is what it is.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are the one making claims. How in the world can you say it was only marijuana and drinking. Please provide links from the NFL.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't have any proof that Cheech and Chong smoked pot when they were making movies either.

L
Legend
Legend
L
That picture does NOT offer definitive proof they were getting high on the set of Up in Smoke or Still Smokin'.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I guess my point is that I thought the NFL doesn't release details of the suspensions. I even posted 3-4 articles about it. tab is saying it's just drinking and weed. Over and over and over again. I guess I doubt Gordon's word, since he is a proven liar.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I guess my point is that I thought the NFL doesn't release details of the suspensions. I even posted 3-4 articles about it. tab is saying it's just drinking and weed. Over and over and over again. I guess I doubt Gordon's word, since he is a proven liar.

I agree. He can say that he was flagged for Pepto Bismol and legally the league can not say otherwise.

I can't prove that bears poop in the woods, because I have never been close enough in the woods to validate it myself.

I can't prove O.J. did it. (He did it.)

I can't prove that Clinton inhaled. (He inhaled. He also did a lot worse drugs, but that is a different story.)

I can't prove that we landed on the moon and it wasn't some elaborate hoax.

There are a lot of things that I can't prove and I still know what happened.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep, and I can't prove that Gordon is a user of multiple drugs and while it is true that I was born at night.......it wasn't last night.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't know if Gordon will ever be back, but I don't think we should even think about getting rid of him with how bad our receivers our.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I don't know if Gordon will ever be back, but I don't think we should even think about getting rid of him with how bad our receivers our.

I'll just be real... if anyone followed me they know I hate this kid and have preached to the high Heavens we release him immediately... but as bad and worthless as we are at the WR position and the urge to just win instead of lose - I'm desperately open to him returning. Pathetic a drug and loser is my hopes for a bright spot on the team, but it is what it is.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You are the one making claims. How in the world can you say it was only marijuana and drinking. Please provide links from the NFL.

They way you provided links about your point of view??? Come on Preach what you TEACH!! that was lame.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Tab, do you actually think someone who smokes weed hangs around with coke heads? What do you think the odds are that cocaine and mushrooms were in the house but Gordon didn't do any? I'm not saying that would be impossible, but how likely do you actually think that sounds?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Tab, do you actually think someone who smokes weed hangs around with coke heads? What do you think the odds are that cocaine and mushrooms were in the house but Gordon didn't do any? I'm not saying that would be impossible, but how likely do you actually think that sounds?

Gordon was obviously the designated driver.

Legend
Legend
I hear what you are saying, Purp. I agree w/your take and can sympathize what you--and many others--have went through.

I always said that people w/dependency problems aren't "bad" people. Many have great hearts. They just can't control their impulses. I know that it is "too simple," but I am not writing an essay on the subject.

Like I said earlier, I could be dead wrong but I think Gordon's issues run much deeper than some are saying. I do have some doubts if he'll be reinstated and if he is reinstated, I have even more doubts about him staying out of trouble moving forward.

I'm not trying to be mean. I am not saying to cut him. I am not saying to trade him.

I'm simply saying I find it impossible to count on the guy.

You aren't being mean, or even approaching it. He's a risk, 100%, for sure. My point was simply to point out that everyone is different. Everyone "gets it" at a different point, in a different way and there is no reliable predictor as to when a guy is going to finally give up and "get it". As for the "issues running deeper" - well, lol, they ALWAYS do, heh. There isn't a drunk/addict out there that doesn't have issues that run deeper (or a "normal" person, for that matter).

When I was actively using, I was nearly worthless, and completely unreliable (though, I did somehow manage to launch this site right around the time of the end of my drinking, lol). Since becoming sober, I'm a solid and reliable self-motivated employee who gets things done.
This contrast is not uncommon among those living in recovery. It is because of this, and his immense potential, that I favor the idea of keeping him and letting him earn his way back onto the field and into the fold. Hand him NOTHING on a platter, but give him an opportunity.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
... I favor the idea of keeping him and letting him earn his way back onto the field and into the fold. Hand him NOTHING on a platter, but give him an opportunity.

Well said, Purp'. And your entire post as well... thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: NFL denies Josh Gordon's reinstatement

Link Copied to Clipboard