Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Whats amusing is that his response is a paraphrase from a google search, however, the part he failed to mention is that the term Oxycodeine is the most common mistake made by the general public as a whole and not just drug slang.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My guess is the league will wait a week or two after he's eligible to even talk about talking about it. Then wait another week or two to make a decision. Meanwhile if it were Bell, or Zeke, or any other number of players from favorited teams the league would make an announcement at midnight the day the player could be reinstated.
But maybe I'm jaded.

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
My guess is the league will wait a week or two after he's eligible to even talk about talking about it. Then wait another week or two to make a decision. Meanwhile if it were Bell, or Zeke, or any other number of players from favorited teams the league would make an announcement at midnight the day the player could be reinstated.
But maybe I'm jaded.

Martavious Bryant reinstated the day before cut-down day. Convenient.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have a feeling that this is less about the NFL playing favorites and more to do w/Gordon continually making mistakes.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I have a feeling that this is less about the NFL playing favorites and more to do w/Gordon continually making mistakes.

No doubt.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Hi, berea.

We don't know each other here at the site, but I've been reading your posts for quite awhile now. I've taken note of your interactions with GM, Eotab and others... and I'm just throwing this out here as an open speculation about you:

Asperger's, right?
All the hallmarks are there... in every single one of your confrontational posts.

I suggest this because I'd hate to just automatically assume that you're only a 'Troll who follows the rules of grammar.'

For me to consider Autism at the heart of your posts is a generosity extended to you on my part- because that POV at least offers a plausible excuse for your appalling lack of social skills and reprehensible board persona.

People who live with that challenge deserve our empathy, understanding and support. People who carry no such burdens, and willingly choose to interact thus deserve a very different reception from us.

In the interest of being thorough, I suppose I should at least hold out the possibility that I've given you too much credit... in which case, I'd have to conclude that you're the kind of person who:

1. walks into a bumpin'azz party
2. looks at the punch bowl
3. says to self: "Y'know? -the only thing that could improve that bowl of punch... is a superfresh turd."

If that is you, I simply must ask:
Do you never tire of being a cliche?
What do you get from this that makes your life better?
Damn, son. Just- ...damn.

Your schtick is tired.
And predictable.
And overused to the point of being ineffectual.

Being a welcomed board participant is a legitimate option open to all of us. Even you.

If the OCD that comes with your particular "Spectrum Package" prevents you from finding a more engaging way to interact with folks here, allow me to suggest a plan of action:

Enlist/pay someone normal to monitor/edit your posts before the 'submit' button is pressed.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Man I hate to even say or admit it - but Gordon would be like a five million dollar sports car rolling into a parking lot with rusted out Ford Tempos and Cavaliers in retrospect to our WR core and him coming back and being a part of our WR core.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Man I hate to even say or admit it - but Gordon would be like a five million dollar sports car rolling into a parking lot with rusted out Ford Tempos and Cavaliers in retrospect to our WR core and him coming back and being a part of our WR core.

Especially with Coleman's broken (I prefer the term, BUSTed) hand.

P
Legend
Legend
P
September 21st can't get here fast enough ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: KyDawg
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Why would a business not have drug testing for a substance that is against federal law?

Any number of reasons, my personal favorite, the private sector has no obligation to uphold this law.

I would like to know why you think I should test my employees.

I think it's pretty much standard operating procedure for most businesses. I'm not saying whether I agree with the policy or not. But the fact is that in today's society, if you want a good job, drug testing is a part of the hiring process.

However, in the case of the NFL the players actually agreed to a contract that includes this drug testing. It's a part of the agreement they signed to play in the NFL.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think he must have eaten an azz burger because something has certainly left a crappy taste in his mouth.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: KyDawg
Why would a business not have drug testing for a substance that is against federal law?

Any number of reasons, my personal favorite, the private sector has no obligation to uphold this law.

I would like to know why you think I should test my employees.

I think it's pretty much standard operating procedure for most businesses. I'm not saying whether I agree with the policy or not. But the fact is that in today's society, if you want a good job, drug testing is a part of the hiring process.

However, in the case of the NFL the players actually agreed to a contract that includes this drug testing. It's a part of the agreement they signed to play in the NFL.

Not about the nfl......but a reason a private company can, and should have a drug testing policy is, plain and simple: Liability.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
jc

This song is what I feel about Josh

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: berea
Originally Posted By: eotab
OxyCodeine I have been prescribed

Incorrect. Oxycodone is likely the addictive medication you take. Since oxycodeine (as you put it), does not exist and is slang drug-user nonsense at best... and since you are quick to attack others who disagree with you and point out their errors, I thought I would point your foolishness out.

How are you on this board still being a Troll But my label does say Oxycodone...like that is a deal breaker.
smh...go away troll but we are playing the Bengals so you will be on here more than ever... rolleyes

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Brilliant. Not a country fan usually, but that was spot on!

Where has this song been all my life?

THE definition of poetic justice for JG. Somehow fans are expected to go through it again. I hope for the best, but I fear he is Joshing us again.

Prove me wrong, please.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I hope nobody is expecting Josh to return anytime soon. Not to be a downer but he is still in rehab. That is supposed to finish in a couple days but then he actually has to apply for reinstatement again.

The NFL will most likely want to see a period of sobriety before they even consider letting him back in the league-- not unreasonable given the number of failed, skipped, and diluted tests from Gordon.

The overly optimistic side of me says to expect a conditional return in the latter part of the season. The less optimistic side says the league will see how things play out with the recovery program and then ultimately deny the reinstatement for reasons which it probably can't disclose legally.

This will lead to bickering on here with about half of the posters blaming Gordon for his stupidity and carelessness and the other half blaming the league for needlessly delaying, having overly strict drug policies, and for otherwise being out to get Josh.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Haus
I hope nobody is expecting Josh to return anytime soon. Not to be a downer but he is still in rehab. That is supposed to finish in a couple days but then he actually has to apply for reinstatement again.

The NFL will most likely want to see a period of sobriety before they even consider letting him back in the league-- not unreasonable given the number of failed, skipped, and diluted tests from Gordon.

The overly optimistic side of me says to expect a conditional return in the latter part of the season. The less optimistic side says the league will see how things play out with the recovery program and then ultimately deny the reinstatement for reasons which it probably can't disclose legally.

This will lead to bickering on here with about half of the posters blaming Gordon for his stupidity and carelessness and the other half blaming the league for needlessly delaying, having overly strict drug policies, and for otherwise being out to get Josh.

yep. and no one talking about how poor he was the last 5 games he played and a cancer to a young roster.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We can't rely on Josh Gordon. We have to make it with what we have.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

stats are nice.. dont show the wrong routes... lack of effort both on and off the field... not showing up for meeting and practice...

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
No QB in the NFL can see or complete a pass to a ghost.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

stats are nice.. dont show the wrong routes... lack of effort both on and off the field... not showing up for meeting and practice...

Imagine what he would do if he was actually focused and off drugs.

(I acknowledge that both of the things I mentioned above will probably not happen.)

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If Josh came back as the Josh from 2013 we would have a good WR group, with a healthy CC of course. We all know that probably will not happen. Like about 98% sure it won't happen. Not with our Browns.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I'm not sure I quite understand this post bro.

I am unclear as to which routes he ran the wrong way?

Lack of effort off field yea...but on the field? I am not sure I have ever seen that.

Not showing up for practices and meetings? don't remember hearing about that either.

when he was playing he was the best WR in the game imo.

last year in preseason he looked like he hadn't missed a step

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

I'm not sure I quite understand this post bro.

I am unclear as to which routes he ran the wrong way?

Lack of effort off field yea...but on the field? I am not sure I have ever seen that.

Not showing up for practices and meetings? don't remember hearing about that either.

when he was playing he was the best WR in the game imo.

last year in preseason he looked like he hadn't missed a step

In 2014, he may have been the most productive we had during that span, but he constantly was running incorrect routes, dogging it, lining up wrong, etc... He was anything BUT the Gordon from 2013.

To his credit, however, even with all of those issues, he still out-performed everyone else. To the opposite of that, once Gordon came back, the QB and OC seemed to forget that we had any other receivers on the field. They constantly went to Gordon over and over and over and over again, even when he was doing everything wrong and dropping balls.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I never felt at the time that the team gave him any time to learn the offence or even get his feet under him. They forced the ball to him expecting him to continue where he left off without easing back into it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ddubia
I never felt at the time that the team gave him any time to learn the offence or even get his feet under him. They forced the ball to him expecting him to continue where he left off without easing back into it.

I'd agree with that. It's like they just decided to use the games to try to get him back up to speed and just hoped it would click, but it was hit-or-miss, at best.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
It was a massive hit or miss.

And he still had 8 catches for 120 yards after missing so many games. Even with him out of the game two years, watch him still be the best WR on the team IF he ever comes back.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: ddubia

I'd agree with that. It's like they just decided to use the games to try to get him back up to speed and just hoped it would click, but it was hit-or-miss, at best.

Sometimes when you lack any talent you go to the only talent you have. I agree with both of you on what happened. It just seems that every HC that comes in here is on the hot seat to win and win now no matter the circumstances. As such, they go to what little talent their bosses seem to provide to them.

I contend there wasn't any other real talent they had that they could depend on. Obviously they couldn't depend on Josh either, but when that's all you got, that's all you got.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Perfect statement...the ghost is opposite of what we are attempting to build...talented players who are RELIABLE- trade him to anyone who offers anything.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Don't we still have him cheap for like three years.... I'd prefer to keep him if he gets reinstated... Doubt anyone would trade much for him being out two years...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would keep him and see if he can return to respectable playing shape and if he does then determine whether you think he can stay clean or not. If you don't think so or are not sure then you trade him, if you do then you keep him.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawg66
I would keep him and see if he can return to respectable playing shape and if he does then determine whether you think he can stay clean or not. If you don't think so or are not sure then you trade him, if you do then you keep him.

This is the only reasonable way to approach the situation.

You have a potential asset in JG that you can use for 2 more years on the cheap. You don't know what you have right now. You have time to see what you have.

I don't trade, dump, or anything else until I've had time to evaluate his role/performance in a team setting. Reactivating him only to immediately place him on the trade block is myopic and bad strategy.

At this point, a reactivated Josh Gordon is at the very least a potential weapon that is already sitting in our arsenal, free of charge. Take the time to see how best he can provide value, since we already have him.

If he's a positive, use the helloutta him.
If he's neutral/negative to our specific team's needs, dump him for what you can get.

But if you're on the decision-making staff at 76 Groza, you DON'T make a "miffed-up emotionally-based fanboy decision." That ain't perfeshinul.

#GMStong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have my doubts about Gordon being reinstated. I don't have any inside knowledge of what is going on. Rather, it's just a feeling that this guy can't stay clean.

I've read a lot about drug suspensions and listened to a lot of ex-players talk about them. One thing stood out to me. You really, really gotta be bad or a complete moron to get caught.

I combine that with who Josh associates with, the tweets and videos he's put out on social media in the past, his lengthy history of getting caught and lying about it, the recent comments about him not owning up to the problem, the timing of his entry into rehab the time before this one, and even this trip to rehab and I get the succinct impression that this guy is a user and can't stay clean.

I don't believe he is a victim. I don't believe the NFL is picking on him. I don't believe the NFL practices favortism towards other teams like the Steelers. I believe Josh has a serious lifestyle problem and I don't get the feeling that he'll stay clean.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sadly this may be true. He simply may be unable to control his self-destructive behavior. When you read about something as recent as not answering his phone because he wanted to go out of town and wasn't available for testing tells me he has issues with self-sabotage. Perhaps it's fear of success, perhaps its something else. But it's something. I really want to see him come back, but don't hold out much hope.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I think the Browns have a serious problem in the addiction to Gordon..

Just cut the cords and lets get moving...

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I agree with all that, Vers. But there's no reason not to keep him on board and let it play out. It isn't like he is going to infect the locker room, and there is upside. Worst case, and it is unlikely, is that we cut him loose and he goes to the Pats or Raiders or something and gets it together. He could be the Josh Hamilton of football!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I think the Browns have a serious problem in the addiction to Gordon.

Yes, and Gordon addiction is a serious problem that extends to the fans as well. I wonder if there's a #12 step program.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/you. I am not saying to cut him. I'm just saying I think he has serious issues and that I would not be surprised if he is not reinstated or messes up again.

Legend
Legend
Your supposition is entirely possible.

It's also possible that he's reinstated and screws the pooch again. It's already happened- how many times?

#GMStong
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: NFL denies Josh Gordon's reinstatement

Link Copied to Clipboard