Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1325877 10/02/17 12:50 PM
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
I see a playoff run in 2018 if we fire Hue soon. You then lure Todd Downing away from the Raiders. This guy has fire much like Sean McVay of the Rams. McVay is 3-1 so far and has the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. He is the youngest coach in NFL. Goff is the QB who has played way less than a year of football. Still learning, we'll have to see how he finishes off the season. He looks to have it as the Browns passed on him also...... Todd Downing has fire and energy. Something the Browns desperately need. He is an offensive guy who will put points on the board. No doubt! This will make the defense better. We have a ton of picks and we can go after a QB in the spring. This would be great news if Haslam can only open his eyes. Go Browns!!!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
Legend
Legend
I don't see it, nor do I see anything close to it.

But I do appreciate hearing a name I've never heard before.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I don't see it, nor do I see anything close to it.

But I do appreciate hearing a name I've never heard before.
Hue is about Hue and that is never going to cut it. We need an aggressive team first guy who knows how to put points on the board with players he has...Go Browns!!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
You do realize there's already a "Fire Hue" thread on here somewhere, right?

lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Based on yesterdays performance, I just don't see it. Haven't watched a game that depressing in quite some time.

But hey.. You never know in the NFL.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You do realize there's already a "Fire Hue" thread on here somewhere, right?

lol
This thread is about the 2018 playoffs and a new QB in 2018. Go Browns!!!

Legend
Legend
I suspect that we'll use our early draft picks next year on 2 WR, 2 CB, and an OT. That will be more important than changing coaches.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I suspect that we'll use our early draft picks next year on 2 WR, 2 CB, and an OT. That will be more important than changing coaches.
Sam Darnold, 2wrs 2 cbs ot and a rb..Go Browns. Todd Downing for head coach. Go Browns!!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

But in which rounds? And after trading down how many times? wink

TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

After hiring Todd Downing, you trade the farm for Sam Darnold, then go from there, Go Browns!!

Legend
Legend

Touche'

crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro

We have a ton of picks, who cares. Take Sam then best available at position of need. We blew it on Tribisky, Wentz, Watson. Todd Downing won't let that happen!!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Are you Tony Downing?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Are you Tony Downing?
LOL

R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't think Hue and sashi survive. The team has quit in week 4. The Browns will likeky finish 0-16 ...1-31 over 2 seasons. The only question is does Haslam fire them before the season ends or after?

This sucks. I am totally against it, but how can you trust these guys with 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds next year?

TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I don't think Hue and sashi survive. The team has quit in week 4. The Browns will likeky finish 0-16 ...1-31 over 2 seasons. The only question is does Haslam fire them before the season ends or after?

This sucks. I am totally against it, but how can you trust these guys with 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds next year?
The team isn't as bad as it looks. Hue is that bad. When you get a fresh young hungry coach in here you will see the difference right away. Nome of this 3-5 year plan crap that they sell to the fans and media. Todd Downing fits the bill but can Haslam figure that out?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: TONY

After hiring Todd Downing, you trade the farm for Sam Darnold, then go from there, Go Browns!!

At this pace we will pick number 1 and won't have to trade the farm ... + I am very cautious when it comes to USC QB's ... JMHO
tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

At this pace we will pick number 1 and won't have to trade the farm ... + I am very cautious when it comes to USC QB's ... JMHO
tsktsk
We should have never passed on Tribisky or watson or wentz. Any of those QBs here would make a huge difference. You will see shortly how bad it was to pass on those guys. Tribisky is going to be good. just watch!! I know what you mean about USC qbs... shocked

P
Legend
Legend
P
None of those QB's would be fairing any better than Kizer at this point with these WR's ... Not saying your wrong but we would probably thinking they weren't the right pick too ... superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
And I wanted Trubisky too ... Garrett may be the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith but he had injury issues in college and hasn't been able to play yet ... superconfused

TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
And I wanted Trubisky too ... Garrett may be the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith but he had injury issues in college and hasn't been able to play yet ... superconfused
You are going to feel really bad when Mitch takes the Bears to the playoffs. Just watch!!

TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
They are in a very tough division but now with Mitch they have a chance to do something. It's going to take a little while but it will be exciting for bears fans!!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
You are going to feel really bad when Mitch takes the Bears to the playoffs. Just watch!!

I wanted Mitch just like Pastor Mac .. we may have been the only two ... *L* ...

Tony, if you think Mitch is going to lead them to the playoffs ... your not paying attention ... he's in a worse situation than Kizer is right now ...

Mitch has the better rb's ... but thats it ... everytime i think of who our wr's are i want to puke ... were that bad .. his IMO are just as bad but if you want to tell me his are a smidge better, i won't argue ... bottom line is that his wr's are god awful also ... and his OL is one of the worst in the league ... there HORRIBLE ... and he has John Fox as his HC .. not exactly known for developing or designing O's to help any qb's suceed much less rookies ....

I said the day of the draft that Mitch was in the worst situation of all 4 ... horrible head coach, horrible ol and horrible recievers ...i still believe that but Hue has made it a tough decision with how he's handled dk since whoever made that decision made it ....

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Yep, fire Hue and all is right w/the Browns.

D
Legend
Legend
D
PLAYOFFS?!?!

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
IMO, Hue knows what he got as far as personnel. And I think he is doing as good as he can with what he got. There is talent there, but no experience. I truly believe the FO make many of these moves against his will. He may have some input, but the FO is stocking the team.

This man has had success with talent. To expect him to turn a team of rookies and second year players into a playoff team in one year is ridiculous.

Only coach I question now is Williams. His scheme is lacking, although, he too, is dealing with young inexperienced players.

The team has no playmakers for a rookie QB to succeed. Kizer will learn on the fly this year, and hopefully, but I'm not holding my breath, next year they get him some weapons.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Note to self: Stop opening stupid threads.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Aren’t these threads for entertainment purposes? It seems the more stupid the more entertaining they’d be.

#GMSTRONG
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Make a note to stop trusting Hue when he gets to 1-26 and remember that one win was a fluke missed field goal. How about 1-31. Where do you draw the line. I was positive at 0-5 last year!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

This. But then it doesn't leave many threads left to read.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Yep, fire Hue and all is right w/the Browns.

I don't think he will be here for 2018. I wish he could stay here and win but that's not going to happen!

T
Legend
Legend
T
BROWNS MAKE PLAYOFFS 2017!!

Just change who is calling the plays on offense!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Just when I thought you were wising up you post something like this.

Rookie QB's = losing, they always or almost always do. This isn't the time for Haslam or the fan base to abandon the plan. Haslam so far and I hope into the future continues to support the process.

I think believe we will begin to see things change as the season moves along, and thats all we ever had a right to expect.

Let me add this too, I would wash my hands of Haslim and the Browns and football all together if I suffered for nothing which any deviation from this plan would further set this team back.

If as you claim players have quit then those players need to go, its just that simple. You go back and look at teams that lost over extended periods of time and how they were able to turn things around and in every instance losing came before winning. Use your common sense and realize that this is how it goes and it indeed is a process.

You all or most of you applauded when Haden was let go, that was the signal that they had no intentions of winning this season. As painful and bitter as that was for me to admit to myself it was plain to see.

What that said was if Kizer could carry the team than we would win and if he couldn't we wouldn't, there was NOT going to be a situation where we won 5 -6 games because of the defense any winning was going to come from the offensive side of the ball. Kizer is going through what I would call a normal process and its important that, that process continue until he turns things or quits.

I hate losing to but because they don't and I get all emotional that is NOT the time to throw your hands in the air and say abandon ship when in reality you all should know this is how it goes down almost every single time.

As painful as it is we MUST stay the course if we have any chance at this point of reaching the promised land.

Most of you signed up for this don't quit now your/we are getting there one more year and you'll begin to see the fruits of the process.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I see a playoff run in 2018 if we fire Hue soon.

I don't.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't get the cutting of Hue. Sure he's messed up some time management stuff and a few bad challenges, but that's the type of thing a head coach gets better at with time and continuity. The rest of his coaching seems fine.

All of our 1st picks from the last 3 years are injured. Garrett, Coleman, Shelton. On top of that our star FA Collins is also out.

No team wins with that much injury. Even the patriots haven't dealt with that much by week 4. It's insane. Sadly it happens to use almost every year lol

We SUCK OUT LOUD, but I can't put much of that blame on Hue. Not yet anyways.

Now after next year if he doesn't go 8-8 it's time to move on, but we finally MUST give a coach a fair shake, rebuilding over and over gets us nowhere.

TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
I see a playoff run in 2018 if we fire Hue soon.

I don't.
I do if you hire a guy like Matt Hagy OC chiefs or Todd Downing OC Raiders. Young creative offensive minds with passion. You will see a change immediately. None of this 3-5 year plan with no sign of growth at all. That is some nasty koolaid!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I remember when people were saying these things about Hue Jackson...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
TONY Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I've never seen anything from Hue at all to even come close to the coaching ability of the two good young coaches. Hue has not done one thing. It was a sad day when they hired Hue because I knew he would be bad. I never thought he'd be this bad. You don't get any worse than this!!!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

This board just gets more stupid.

Subtraction by addition.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's getting really hard to read.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum BROWNS MAKE PLAYOFFS 2018

Link Copied to Clipboard