OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Probably throw for 4 td and 400 yds.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
I think the fans are going to love the guy. I would've loved to have him here in Cleveland. He is light years ahead of Kizer!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Makes sense to start Trub after seeing the film on this soft secondary. Should be an exhibition game for da Bears.

A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Yea.. he should be in vet form by the time he plays us Christmas Eve. Kizer might be taking snaps under the center by then..

D
Legend
Legend
D
Glennon is playing so poor, why the heck not?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trubisky would have been my #1 pick ... I hope Garrett is the 2nd coming of Bruce Smith but you have to play first ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: TONY
I think the fans are going to love the guy. I would've loved to have him here in Cleveland. He is light years ahead of Kizer!
he has yet to play a game... willynilly

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
the problem is, neither has Garrett

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Trubisky would have been my #1 pick ...

This is the one prospect I wanted nothing to do with.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
the problem is, neither has Garrett
I was not comparing garrett to another player, as he has no played.

the poster above is saying something that is factually false, as mitch has yet to take a snap.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm biased because the kid is from my hometown and HS, but I really like the kid. I wouldn't have picked him over Garrett but would have taken him with that 2nd #1 pick if he was there.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah its really hard to go against the Garrett pick...hopefully we will find out why soon enough.

But I was a Wentz pimp and really liked Mitch for a possible 2nd pick in the first round...I think we were trying to move up and why the Bears moved up one spot to get him.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's only his first game, but it was a very ugly game for Trubisky against a Vikings team that has allowed a 90 passer rating, more yards per game than we have and have been relatively poor.

Trubisky went 12/25 for 125 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Don't let the stat line fool you, however, as his touchdown bounced out of the safety's hand and into Zach Miller's. Trubisky had a few interceptions dropped, and only one strong play called back on holding that was along the lines of a 25/30 yarder.

I certainly wasn't watching on and finding myself upset with Myles Garrett.

The Bears did what I hoped they would. A whole lot of screens, slants, bootlegs and rollouts to give Trubisky half-field reads and long-play intended targets. It's nice, it provides the better stat line, but your quarterback doesn't learn how to be an NFL quarterback. He learns how to execute basic, schemed passes. The did that with him all preseason, so he's not exactly getting a first rate education. I can handle a drop-back passer making mistakes, but in a spoon fed offense, you better look unstoppable.

I know that's an overreaction, but I think I'm jaded because any time a player has a good game in the NFL, it's like beat writers flock to the draft boards to see if we passed on that player at any time. I know this for sure - If Trubisky had a good game, we'd have seen a million "Browns passed on Trubisky and Watson" tweets.

Last edited by BDU; 10/10/17 02:47 AM.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: BDU
It's only his first game, but it was a very ugly game for Trubisky against a Vikings team that has allowed a 90 passer rating, more yards per game than we have and have been relatively poor.

Trubisky went 12/25 for 125 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Don't let the stat line fool you, however, as his touchdown bounced out of the safety's hand and into Zach Miller's. Trubisky had a few interceptions dropped, and only one strong play called back on holding that was along the lines of a 25/30 yarder.

I certainly wasn't watching on and finding myself upset with Myles Garrett.

The Bears did what I hoped they would. A whole lot of screens, slants, bootlegs and rollouts to give Trubisky half-field reads and long-play intended targets. It's nice, it provides the better stat line, but your quarterback doesn't learn how to be an NFL quarterback. He learns how to execute basic, schemed passes. The did that with him all preseason, so he's not exactly getting a first rate education. I can handle a drop-back passer making mistakes, but in a spoon fed offense, you better look unstoppable.

I know that's an overreaction, but I think I'm jaded because any time a player has a good game in the NFL, it's like beat writers flock to the draft boards to see if we passed on that player at any time. I know this for sure - If Trubisky had a good game, we'd have seen a million "Browns passed on Trubisky and Watson" tweets.

Still very early to access, specially considering that on of Mitch's drawbacks was the lack of experience at college level...

I would say that it was a positive showing if we take into consideration the pre-season games, so lets see how he develops.

One thing I liked is that the swap made sense, since Mitch is much better suited for this game style than Glennon. All and all mobile QBs are much better at buying time that pure pocket passers.

Regarding the draft stuff. I think the only way we are going to be competitive is if our FO and coaching staff is able to identify and develop talent.

After watching Wentz and Deshaun, I think we should be very unhappy with the FO evaluation skills. With Trubisky its just too soon

Last edited by rastanplan; 10/10/17 08:23 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
After watching Wentz and Deshaun, I think we should be very unhappy with the FO evaluation skills. With Trubisky its just too soon

5 games in and we know how the eval skills are for the Browns. I guess I think it's still early.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: eotab
Yeah its really hard to go against the Garrett pick...hopefully we will find out why soon enough.

But I was a Wentz pimp and really liked Mitch for a possible 2nd pick in the first round...I think we were trying to move up and why the Bears moved up one spot to get him.

jmho

No you were not a Wentz pimp, there were no Wentz Pimps in here before the draft.

You were a draft RG3 pimp and a Trubisky pimp (but not with the 1st), if I recall, and a draft a QB pimp if Hue thinks the QB suits, but not a get Wentz supporter, quite the contrary. I clearly remind you going on with the idea that there was no QB talent on the draft. In the end you were a supporter of the trade.

Last edited by rastanplan; 10/10/17 08:34 AM.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:

5 games in and we know how the eval skills are for the Browns. I guess I think it's still early.

No its not, its quite evident, like with Wentz last year, with the plus that DW was already on the radar.

If you went to to Phily and Houston and packed all our 1st round drafted players in this two seasons (Garett, Colemon, Njoku, Peppers) do you think they would trade Wentz or DW?

You could even throw in our 2nd round picks, and I think they would not trade.

Missing this kind of talent is what brought us to this place to start with.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

jmho

No you were not a Wentz pimp, there were no Wentz Pimps in here before the draft.

You were a draft RG3 pimp and a Trubisky pimp (but not with the 1st), if I recall, and a draft a QB pimp if Hue thinks the QB suits, but not a get Wentz supporter, quite the contrary. I clearly remind you going on with the idea that there was no QB talent on the draft. In the end you were a supporter of the trade.

You're wrong. tab was very high on Wentz and wanted us to take him w/our first pick. There were also a ton of posters who wanted us to draft Wentz.

I wasn't one of them, but at least I have the decency to admit and to credit those who actually did want the Browns to draft Wentz.

I am not sure why it is so hard for many people on this board to admit when they were wrong or to acknowledge when others are right. I just came from the Gordon thread and we already have posters rewriting history and still blaming those who were right.

But again, eotab was crusading for the Browns to pick Wentz w/the second overall pick and he might have even been saying we should trade up to number one to make sure we get him.

Legend
Legend
Did we have us any Kizer pimps? Not one that I favored. What did Hue hang his hat on with him and Kessler?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Did we have us any Kizer pimps? Not one that I favored. What did Hue hang his hat on with him and Kessler?

"Gotta trust me..." with Kessler, now he don't even dress on gamedays.

Trust, what?

As for Mitch, as stated that was an ugly game. IMO, he did better than I actually expected. I think he'll progress unlike Kizer with the game time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I liked what I saw from Mitch and think that he is farther along than Kizer at this point. (although in a simplified offense)

Would I trade a #2 overall pick for him now? No. I wouldn't trade a #2 overall pick for Wentz right now and I wouldn't trade a #12 overall pick right now for Watson either.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
I liked what I saw from Mitch and think that he is farther along than Kizer at this point. (although in a simplified offense)

Would I trade a #2 overall pick for him now? No. I wouldn't trade a #2 overall pick for Wentz right now and I wouldn't trade a #12 overall pick right now for Watson either.

Right now today ... id agree on Mitch and Watson ... and I LOVE Mitch ... its to soon on them ... and normally for me it would be to soon on Wentz ... but ...

I'd give up a lot more than a #2 for Wentz right now ... a hell of a lot more ...

Its still to early to make final judgements ... but based off his obvious talent, the work he put in this off season, what his teammates say about him and what he's done so far this year ...

He's got a shot to be off the charts good ... right now based off his brains and accuracy and mobility ... I'd say his floor is slightly above average .. his cieling ... oh my ... did u see that TD pass to Algholor? ... if not, see if its on YouTube .. he shows all his skills on that one pass ...

And NO ... I'm not bashing what we did last year ... not at all ... that is not my intent at all ... so please don't go there ...

We had a decision to make and made it .. i understand the decision and it made sense at the time considering the fact we need(ed) players and that gave us a shot at more of them ... I'll NEVER BASH THAT MOVE ... just like i won't bash hue for going on it on 4th down last week even though its not what i thought we should have done ...

This move could actually end up being the rare WIN-WIN trade ... well, maybe not ... if he ends up being a legite franchise qb and were still looking in 3 years ... then prolly not ... *L*

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

Not sure anyone wanted DK with our first two picks ,.. thats all we ever discussed ... so the fact no one pimped him is irrelivent based on where we drafted him ..

I liked the pick where we took him ... thought it was a good gamble ... any earlier and I'd of HATED IT ...

We drafted DK late 2nd and CK in rnd 3 .... thats far from hanging your hat on them ... where we drafted them as QB's, their called LONG SHOTS As far as I'm concerned ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That was an awesome pass.

I do like Wentz, I'm just not convinced yet.

Typically QB's make their biggest jump in year 3 though, so he still has plenty of time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I feel exactly the same. If we would have drafted him higher, I wouldn't have liked the pick. But i thought we got good value where we got him.

P
Legend
Legend
P

I don't know what planet you were on before that draft, but it wasn't in this forum. I debated with a lot of people that we should take Wentz. He's been playing very well this season. I'm also only one of a few who said if we must draft a QB in this past years class, it should be Watson. I didn't care for any of the QB's in last years class including Mitch. But if forced to select one, it would have been Watson.

Now just so you know, I'm not trying to toot my own horn. It's far too early in these kids career to tell the long term outcome of any of these QB's final skill set. I think anyone trying to judge them at this point is foolish at best.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I don't know what planet you were on before that draft, but it wasn't in this forum. I debated with a lot of people that we should take Wentz. He's been playing very well this season. I'm also only one of a few who said if we must draft a QB in this past years class, it should be Watson. I didn't care for any of the QB's in last years class including Mitch. But if forced to select one, it would have been Watson.

Now just so you know, I'm not trying to toot my own horn. It's far too early in these kids career to tell the long term outcome of any of these QB's final skill set. I think anyone trying to judge them at this point is foolish at best.

Exactly. Most people were either pimping Wentz or pimping Goff.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

jmho

You're wrong. tab was very high on Wentz and wanted us to take him w/our first pick. There were also a ton of posters who wanted us to draft Wentz.

I wasn't one of them, but at least I have the decency to admit and to credit those who actually did want the Browns to draft Wentz.

I am not sure why it is so hard for many people on this board to admit when they were wrong or to acknowledge when others are right. I just came from the Gordon thread and we already have posters rewriting history and still blaming those who were right.

But again, eotab was crusading for the Browns to pick Wentz w/the second overall pick and he might have even been saying we should trade up to number one to make sure we get him.

Getting old sucks. My apologies to Eotab

We have been so many times on the other side of the fence, that its strange.

My sincere apologies

V
Legend
Legend
V
That was nice of you to say. We all make mistakes.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

If I can recall, most people were saying that there were no worthy QB's and the draft class was weak. So if anything was being pimped was a trade down.

What I can recall is that after the first games of Wentz, and especially after the 2nd half of the season, a large number of posters were still doubting Wentz and defending the trade.

I was not posting much at the time, I had little knowledge on Wentz but had a strong feeling on Zeke, although I thought that probably it was going to be a bad personality fit with us, and after the Manziel deal. I was ok with us drafting Bosa, or even Buckner or Ramsey

I did't want the trade, because last years draft the talent gap was huge.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If I can recall, most people were saying that there were no worthy QB's and the draft class was weak. So if anything was being pimped was a trade down.

What I can recall is that after the first games of Wentz, and especially after the 2nd half of the season, a large number of posters were still doubting Wentz and defending the trade.

I was not posting much at the time, I had little knowledge on Wentz but had a strong feeling on Zeke, although I thought that probably it was going to be a bad personality fit with us, and after the Manziel deal. I was ok with us drafting Bosa, or even Buckner or Ramsey

I did't want the trade, because last years draft the talent gap was huge.

No, a few of us thought the QB class was weak. Vers, Me a couple of others, but most were either pimping Goff or pimping Wentz.

M
Legend
Legend
M
That's how I remember it. Some were Wentz pimps for sure - probably more than people pimping Goff. Many like myself were saying No QB with the first pick we had. Like you I wanted Bosa or Ramsey.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

No, a few of us thought the QB class was weak. Vers, Me a couple of others, but most were either pimping Goff or pimping Wentz.
and yet you guys were wrong....

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

and yet you guys were wrong....

Yes, I was wrong. I can admit that.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Mitchell Trubisky to start next week.

Link Copied to Clipboard