Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
What if his recent frustrations and attitude are because of losing games? If so, then bringing him to Cleveland is a bad idea.

Sometimes, I really don't like u .... *L*

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
What if his recent frustrations and attitude are because of losing games? If so, then bringing him to Cleveland is a bad idea.

Sometimes, I really don't like u .... *L*

I respect that, Diam. From you, I respect that.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm actually an aquaintance of MoMass. Him being a Georgia guy, he's a friend of one of my good friends.

Every time I talk to him, Cleveland comes up naturally with me being a fan. He enjoyed his time as a Brown, but it was tough for sure. The 'cleveland sucks' stigma is one I hope we can break more sooner than later.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
E
Legend
Legend
E

Money sometimes offset that Frustration wink

If a stud WR would make the impact many seem to think will that LOSING/FRUSTRATION exist.

I still maintain the QB must provide that leadership. But it could be an investment that makes impact on our Offense.
Game plan might change from stopping the run to stopping Beckham. WRs get less attention. It could make many better.

jmho My jist is how can posters cry about not having a stud WR and then when I suggest (Just a dream or hope) that we get who "I THINK" is arguably the best WR in the NFL...all of a sudden posters come back with - I DON'T WANT THAT ATTITUDE HERE?

Sometimes I thin the frustration has gotten so bad we got posters committing suicide...lol

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just read a statistic from Pro Football Focus that the Browns receivers have the worst percentage in the league - catching only 74.4% of catchable passes. The 31st worst team is Arizona, who are catching 80.3%, which is closer to 14th than it is to Cleveland.

That's wild. Something has to give.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: BDU
Just read a statistic from Pro Football Focus that the Browns receivers have the worst percentage in the league - catching only 74.4% of catchable passes. The 31st worst team is Arizona, who are catching 80.3%, which is closer to 14th than it is to Cleveland.

Man that's just disgusting.

flamingmad

Legend
Legend

in what world is our QB suppose to succeed with trash performances like THAT from our wide outs?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd be interested in what percentage of passes from Kizer are dropped vs the percentage of passes from Hogan are dropped.

The thing that I didn't like about Kizer from what I saw in his college games was that I didn't think he threw an easily catchable ball whereas I think Hogan does.

Here is what I mean by throwing a ball that is not easily catchable. I made this observation a few years ago while at the beach. My buddy brought one of those footballs that has a tail on it. It is very easy to throw and you can throw it a lot further than a regular football. But it was very difficult to catch. Why? Because as it got to you it dipped down suddenly. That is the best I can explain it. Any of you who have played catch with one of those ball knows exactly what I mean. I thought to myself, Self, Derek Anderson used to throw a ball like that.

Watching Kizer , on his throws the football has some of that characteristic to it.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Kizer does need to learn touch on the ball
But I rather deal with a ball thrown too hard than too soft Ala Cupcake Kessler who seem believe is starter material

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Jester
I'd be interested in what percentage of passes from Kizer are dropped vs the percentage of passes from Hogan are dropped.

The thing that I didn't like about Kizer from what I saw in his college games was that I didn't think he threw an easily catchable ball whereas I think Hogan does.

Here is what I mean by throwing a ball that is not easily catchable. I made this observation a few years ago while at the beach. My buddy brought one of those footballs that has a tail on it. It is very easy to throw and you can throw it a lot further than a regular football. But it was very difficult to catch. Why? Because as it got to you it dipped down suddenly. That is the best I can explain it. Any of you who have played catch with one of those ball knows exactly what I mean. I thought to myself, Self, Derek Anderson used to throw a ball like that.

Watching Kizer , on his throws the football has some of that characteristic to it.

Ricardo Louis is nodding his head in agreement right now. I wouldn't know one way or the other, but Louis had a few nice catches from Hogan last week.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
None of the WR from the 2016 draft are developing. They are busts
They've had 20 games to produce on gameday.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Swish

in what world is our QB suppose to succeed with trash performances like THAT from our wide outs?

Let's not blame it all on the WR, although they've looked rough. Kizer hasn't necessarily been the most accurate passer in the NFL, either.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Let's not blame it all on the WR, although they've looked rough. Kizer hasn't necessarily been the most accurate passer in the NFL, either.

heard tell greg little is out there for the taking... maybe bring him back and make some more excuse huh?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Dudes are pros. They are paid to catch the ball. They have dropped a ton of passes they should have caught. No excuses.

That is not a defense of Kizer, who has been very inaccurate. It is simply an observation of a WR unit that sucks ass!

E
Legend
Legend
E

That is a stat...if you watch the game what they site sometimes as a catchable pass was indeed a BAD Pass.
That stat is indicative of our QB play as well as our WR play.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No intent to make excuses for the Wr's. Merely an observation on Kiser vs Hogan.
If Leslie can make the remarkable grab on that Hogan pass then why does he drop the supposedly easy on from Kiser? Yes they are pro's but that doesn't mean that there aren't things that make a play harder or easier.

And I am giving you the benefit of the doubt when you say that they are pro's tongue

P
Legend
Legend
P
So if you toss it soft and easy, like we would to our kids in the back yard, they have less trouble catching the ball.

But if you throw it hard, we shouldn't expect professionals to catch it when they get their hands on it.

Sounds funny when you put it that way doesn't it?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1, that is true. Even for professionals. I have seen where many receivers have said that when they went to the Packers when Favre was the Qb, that it took them awhile to adjust.

2, My comment had nothing to do with velocity of the pass. It was directed at the orientation of the football when it arrives at the Wr. Throwing from left to right on the computer screen;

Most Qb's the ball is oriented ------
but with kizer the orientation is -----\

The dip is not as dramatic as it looks on my typing but it is that late dip of the tip of the ball that makes it harder to catch. First, there is less surface area in the catch zone. Second, once the front tip dips down, the ball will make a sudden drop. So when you would normally be catching with all 10 fingers, all of a sudden you are trying to catch it with the bottom 2 fingers of each hand.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm picking up what you're laying down and it makes sense.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

The statistic I posted only accounts for "catchable passes." All inaccuracy is excluded. These are the plays in which the receivers get all the blame.

They don't defend Kizer, he's got their worst QB grade of all starting quarterbacks, but it does highlight that our rookie got no help from anyone around him. That gets me frustrated when I see Deshaun Watson throwing bombs in to double coverage in the endzone only for Nuk Hopkins to high point the ball and come down with a touchdown for him. Our receivers just aren't playing good enough.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

The statistic I posted only accounts for "catchable passes." All inaccuracy is excluded. These are the plays in which the receivers get all the blame.

They don't defend Kizer, he's got their worst QB grade of all starting quarterbacks, but it does highlight that our rookie got no help from anyone around him. That gets me frustrated when I see Deshaun Watson throwing bombs in to double coverage in the endzone only for Nuk Hopkins to high point the ball and come down with a touchdown for him. Our receivers just aren't playing good enough.

Except Kizer isn't attempting those kinds of passes to our receivers. This doesn't excuse them from failing to catch balls that hit them in the chest, and it isn't necessarily a condemnation of Kizer's ability, but Kizer isn't taking those kinds of chances.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
I'm picking up what you're laying down and it makes sense.

Thanks, I wasn't sure I could explain myself in typing. Easy to explain in person with the right footballs. Glad you can see what I am saying.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Potential 1st Round WR's

1. Calvin Ridley WR Alabama Height: 6'1" Weight: 188 Projected 40 4:48: Projected Rd. (2018) 1.

2. Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame Height: 6'4" Weight: 205 Projected 40: 4.50. Projected Rd. (2018): 1.

3. Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M Height: 5'11" Weight: 200 Projected 40: 4.43 Projected Rd. 1

4. Paris Campbell WR Ohio State Height: 6'1" Weight: 208 Projected 40: 4.44 Projected Rd. 1-2

5. Courtland Sutton WR SMU Height: 6'3" Weight: 205 Projected 40: Projected Rd. 1-2

6. Arden Tate WR Florida State Height: 6'5" Weight: 225 Projected 40: 4.56 Projected Rd. 1-3

7. Simme Cobbs Jr. WR Indiana Height: 6'4" Weight: 220 Projected 40: 4.55 Projected Rd. 1-3

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I'd like to see a rating for hands and route running added to these numbers.... and I would not be averse to seeing us spend 2 of our first three picks on a top flight WR with super speed and size and hands.

Even if Gordon comes back and lights it up and re-signs a 10 year deal for minimum wage, I want us to invest highly and heavily into true talent... and then spend the rest of the picks on guys for our Secondary.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Fun fact completely off track here but doesn't require its own thread.

Ricardo Louis has more catches and more receiving yardage than Terrelle Pryor. (and yes, likely more drops too)

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
PPE above:

Quote:
Even if Gordon comes back and lights it up and re-signs a 10 year deal for minimum wage,

Oh no! Back to rehab.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Canada, considering all the b & m'ing going on around here a few months ago that is an amazing piece of information.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg

Ricardo Louis has more catches and more receiving yardage than Terrelle Pryor. (and yes, likely more drops too)

Nice.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
B
Legend
Legend
B
If we can draft Calvin Ridley, we need to draft Calvin Ridley.

Unless it works out we need to draft a QB, then we can't draft Calvin Ridley unless we trade up high....he goes top 5-10 picks if not higher..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Hogan seems to hit our WRs, I'm curious if our bad WR core was because they've never been seen when they had a step or two or open or had a QB that understood the timing of routes and had some accuracy?

Are they bad, as I once thought they were? We'll see I suppose.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 10/11/17 07:50 PM. Reason: typos
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Hogan seems to hit our WRs, I'm curious if our bad WR core was because they've never were seen when they had a step of two of open or had a QB that understood the timing of roots and had some accuracy.

Funny all the drops an Hogan steps in and magically they start catching passes

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
watching our WRs always makes me so angry that we cut Taylor Gabriel

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
Hogan seems to hit our WRs, I'm curious if our bad WR core was because they've never were seen when they had a step of two of open or had a QB that understood the timing of roots and had some accuracy.

Reading your post, I realized how many typos I had hahahahaha.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Maybe not. I’ve seen replays where TP has clanked some.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

Reading your post, I realized how many typos I had hahahahaha.
haha yeah but I knew what you meant

D
Legend
Legend
D

Maybe not. I’ve seen replays where TP has clanked some.

TP is losing his bet ... BIGTIME ....

He’s been a POS since HS ... so thumbsup On his gamble not working out so far ..

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Thoughts on Bryce Treggs anyone? Looked like a keeper to me. Fast and caught the ball.

Last edited by Thebigbaddawg; 10/12/17 01:26 PM.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
Thoughts on Bryce Treggs anyone? Looked like a keeper to me. Fast and caught the ball.

Yea he showed up. I hope he repeats that come Sunday.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg

A keeper? I'd say we need to see a lot more before making the determination he's a keeper long term.

The guy had two catches for 28 yards on six targets.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Hogan seems to hit our WRs, I'm curious if our bad WR core was because they've never been seen when they had a step or two or open or had a QB that understood the timing of routes and had some accuracy?

Hogan was throwing to spots Sunday. I went to the game, and live it was easy to see that the WRs were getting a step. Kizer was waiting for it to be 3 steps. Hogan threw a couple nice ones before the WR made the break. The ball was on the money.

Kizer IMO after watching live, is very inaccurate and has no touch. He forces the ball on every throw. No anticipation.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Wide Receiver Thread Cont...

Link Copied to Clipboard