Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Every year it shocks and bewilders me how foolish people can be.

They say the Browns will win 2-3-4-5 games than are shocked, even pissed when the Browns live up to their predictions.

I was pissed, pissed enough not to come to this board for a good long while over what I saw this crew do, and once again the very same people who blessed the blow up are now warming up their pitch forks and getting the tar and feathers ready.

Now don't get me wrong Farmer was crap. I wanted him gone but I hated the term rebuild, you never ever rebuild, you build, you keep the talent you have and you build.

But oh no we couldn't have that we had to get rid of all the players because they were losers or they contributed to losing.

So down to the studs we go. I had a poster ask me why I was upset because they cut Haden. I told him it means they are stacking the deck to lose. And I will tell you all the same again, because this group and I assume with the blessing of Haslim was making damned sure we didn't win games because of our defense.

This season was and is about Kizer, we weren't going to win unless Kizer did the improbable. Letting Haden go was insurance to be sure the defense didn't win a game. That plan is working, and like it or not YOU ALL signed up for this so don't you dare not support it now.

We let talent go for this rebuild you all desperately wanted, so now when its time to take the medicine that comes with it, its oh no I didn't know it would be this bad well it is, so suck it up.

This plan will work it requires something you all have never been willing to give support and time.

Again I hated it because we had the beginnings of a good football team, but you all wanted begged for it to be blown sky high so stop with the BS and let it play out.

It's going to take another year, but it is better it just doesn't look that way today. We still have some holes to fill, and if you didn't know that then your challenged.

Coaches like vet players because they don't make rookie mistakes, mistakes that cost games. We have some growing to do and we have some holes that remain, mainly at QB, so suck it up. support and encourage what you signed up for and begged to get.

Sick of the fans and the press feeding the process that drags us right back down every single time. This is the time we see it thru and this season regardless of record I want to see this process thru, and I damned well expect that just one time the fans stick it out like they swore in many instances they would.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree to some extent, but the "young" excuse can only go so far, especially the further along we get here ... I mean Houston was just as young (even younger at some areas) and they CRUSHED us.

It's a mixture of lack of talent, poor coaching, and youth.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
So down to the studs we go

wish people would say what it is.. set us back to 1999 without the benefits of being a expansion team.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Logged on just to get a feel for how the fan base is feeling.

Apparently, I'm not alone in my apathy.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway?, where everything's made up and the points don't matter-JUST LIKE A PEP TALK TO THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!

-DREW CAREY

(he actually said that, when opening the show way back when)

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway?, where everything's made up and the points don't matter-JUST LIKE A PEP TALK TO THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!

-DREW CAREY

(he actually said that, when opening the show way back when)

That show has been on again and the host is a female and IMO, she has ruined it. Her laugh and voice is extremely annoying for a comedy show.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
and I damned well expect that just one time the fans stick it out like they swore in many instances they would.

Yeah the fans run the show. rofl If that was the case we'd have drafted McNabb in 99 and wouldn't be looking up the basement steps year in and year out.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's not as funny as you think. The owners have fired guy after guy after guy after the dumb ass fans have cried for change.

Time to stop listening to the dumb asses and stay the course.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
stay the course...of course the curse is the worst course...

my life at work and elsewhere is...if it works then do it..if it doesnt work then dont do it..all the browns do is doesnt work

Last edited by lionchamp29; 10/18/17 01:53 AM.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's not as funny as you think. The owners have fired guy after guy after guy after the dumb ass fans have cried for change.

Time to stop listening to the dumb asses and stay the course.

I agree with you.. ownership walks a line between wanting to win and wanting the fans to be happy... as has been stated here many times, the fans pay the bills...

I remember back in 94/95 when the fans were screaming to fire some coach named Belichick... even though he CLEARLY had this team moving in the right direction.. then we moved.

yebat' Putin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Texans 33 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard