Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
Wade does not look too bad , as far as Rose never seen a dude miss so many bunny layups

Have you not watched Shump play the last few years??

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
Wade does not look too bad , as far as Rose never seen a dude miss so many bunny layups

Have you not watched Shump play the last few years??

Lol true story

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
So much for my thoughts on the Cavs making a concentrated effort to be a great defensive team. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
It's preseason. They barely try in the regular season. That said, I wonder if the Cavs are going for the "anti-Browns", where they go 0 for Preseason, but go undefeated in the regular season?

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
So much for my thoughts on the Cavs making a concentrated effort to be a great defensive team. rolleyes

its preseason, but you've seen it in spurts. I think its been more about playing with rotations and seeing how he's going to make all these parts work. I think once IT gets back our bench is actually going to be our strength.

Not liking the Love at the 5 so far, I liked it on paper, but watching sideshow bob destroy him last night had me cringing at the thought of a whole season of marginal 5's beating us up down there.. I think it throws off his rhythm as well offensively. We'll see, Not saying TT should start as I still think he would have the most impact off the bench playing with Rose and all the spacing the second unit provides, but center is a pretty big hole right now.

Speaking of spacing, the starting unit doesn't have any, I think there is too many Iso guys, we got rid of one and signed 2 more to take his place. Not sure how its going to work, I totally get Wade for JR, i said there was no way JR would start over Wade, and rightfully so, JR is marginal at the 2, if he's shooting well he's great, but most of the time 8ppg from your starting 2 isn't anything to cheer about. JR with the second unit with korver will give them both more open looks.

I'd love to snag Holiday from the bulls.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

TRADE!

Quote:
On AmicoHoops: #Cavs trade Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder to #Hawks in deal for two European players, roster set for Monday deadline. By @amathur90.

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/918964368481636352

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
i bet Jefferson will be back at some point

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Love out too. Typical Cleveland snake bite

Legend
Legend
Quote:
#Cavs trade Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder to #Hawks in deal for two European players

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
i bet Jefferson will be back at some point

He can't go back to the Cavs for a year.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Quote from Kyrie Irving that was in the Boston Globe:

Quote:
“You would go to Cleveland, and it would be at nighttime, and things would be going on, but you just see a vast difference in terms of what the Midwest is — Cleveland — and what Boston is. Boston, I’m driving in and [thinking], ‘I’m really playing in a real, live sports city?’ And a great city.”

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yep, Boston has all those late night Clam Chowda places.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a really dumb man who burns every bridge he crosses. Especially when you're a pretty young man.

Legend
Legend
hmmm what is that saying again.... Oh ya

Hey Irving break a leg.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Kyrie, while intelligent, is pretty immature. I personally don't think that's debatable. But he's still a young man in his mid-20s who will continue to mature as he gets older. Nightlife is a big deal for guys his age with his wealth. If he thinks Boston has a better nightlife so be it. I don't think the comment itself is that big of a deal. I just think it shows his immaturity.

I think the bigger deal is the crappy trade that Altman made. I know I'm in the minority on that but it's going to come back to bite us I fear.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Sucks seeing RJ go... really sucks.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
“You would go to Cleveland, and it would be at nighttime, and things would be going on, but you just see a vast difference in terms of what the Midwest is — Cleveland — and what Boston is. Boston, I’m driving in and [thinking], ‘I hope I don't drive off the edge of the world here.”

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Not to me. I think the dude is done. He seems like a good dude and all, but he isn't bringing much value to the team.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Not to me. I think the dude is done. He seems like a good dude and all, but he isn't bringing much value to the team.

Great guy, will be missed but it probably is time to hang it up.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
I was at the game last night, it was kinda funny, it was like being at a cavs home game. the cavs fans outnumbered the magic fans by quite a bit. Love was warming up before the game and came out for the layup line and grabbed his knee, then went back to the locker room for rest of night. Lebron spent about 45 minutes shooting. He seems to be moving ok. First tiime i've seen the new team in person. I think spacing is going to be an issue with the first team. Second team is going to be our strength. They play fast.. I think channing frye is done...he's just so weak. Rose is a blur, he's faster than Kyrie with the ball. And he may not have the handles of kyrie but he's alot stronger. Guys like Green, crowder, wade...man those were big pickups.

Funny sometime in the 3rd quarter some magic fans were talking about how awesome their team was and they wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the finals against GSW...i about choked on my beer. I was like holy crap, they are the cleveland browns of the NBA. I turned and told them, you guys realize our 3rd string is beating your starters by 10? Amway center is a really nice arena though, their in game festivities are kinda lame, the Q does it better

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Kyrie, while intelligent, is pretty immature. I personally don't think that's debatable. But he's still a young man in his mid-20s who will continue to mature as he gets older. Nightlife is a big deal for guys his age with his wealth. If he thinks Boston has a better nightlife so be it. I don't think the comment itself is that big of a deal. I just think it shows his immaturity.

I think the bigger deal is the crappy trade that Altman made. I know I'm in the minority on that but it's going to come back to bite us I fear.

Nothing Kyrie has ever said or done would make me think he's intelligent. I think he's going to flame out in Boston. Once the honeymoon is over and he's still a ISO player and people start making him play defense, it'll be just like here, except he won't have lebron to bail him out.

I said back when it happened the trade all centered around IT and how he comes back. IT was more productive than Irving. If he comes back like last year he will be a huge asset, and crowder already helps us. I think the lynchpin is the Brooklyn pick. I think the trade was the best we could have gotten for him. I mean before the trade, the road to the finals went through cleveland and lebron, it still does after the trade.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Well regular season starts tonight right?

Legend
Legend

Yep. Taking on Kyrie Irving and the Celtics.

Let's go Cavs! laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
GO CELTICS smile brownie

Last edited by PastorMarc; 10/17/17 12:10 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Let's go Cavs! laugh

I'm going to root like crazy for the Cavs but it is a little bit depressing because unless a 500 lb piece of the Chinese space station smashes through the locker room of the Oracle at halftime of a game.. I don't see any way the Warriors don't walk away with it this year..

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Let's go Cavs! laugh

I'm going to root like crazy for the Cavs but it is a little bit depressing because unless a 500 lb piece of the Chinese space station smashes through the locker room of the Oracle at halftime of a game.. I don't see any way the Warriors don't walk away with it this year..

Golden state is beatable, their road is much tougher this year in the west, Leonard doesn’t get pachiulia’d and golden state doesn’t even make it last year

D
Legend
Legend
D
I hate to say it, and I'm not wishing it but we've seen it here and etc - but an injury to one person can change the team big time.

GS is loaded with weapons and extremely intimating.

Legend
Legend
KD was a few ounces of force away from blowing his knee out near the end of the regular season. I'm not hoping for that to happen, but they were super lucky (that and killing KL's ankle).

Long season, anything can happen...heck, the Cavs roster could be a lot better once the Pelicans realize Davis+Cousins aren't translating in wins.

I don't think the Cavs would trade the Nets pick for Cousins without some guarantee from Cousins and/or Lebron, but who knows. Gilbert may realize this might be the last chance for the Cavs to win a ring for a very long time. We might be basketball Siberia this time next season.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Oh....getting ready...hope he plays

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I hate to say it, and I'm not wishing it but we've seen it here and etc - but an injury to one person can change the team big time.

GS is loaded with weapons and extremely intimating.

An injury to any one of their stars makes them equal to a few other teams.

And since they broke the record last year, I fully expect Kerr to use a much more guarded approach this year and not worry about winning every game but rather get folks rest, keep them healthy, and play for the postseason..

yebat' Putin
1st String
1st String
I'm really looking forward to the season opener tonight and the entire season in general.I can't wait to see what the new Cavs can bring to the team.

We pretty much know what Crowder will bring us. He will be good on D and and can space the floor and shoot the 3 on O.I hope D Rose can stay healthy and be productive untill I.T comes back.We need I.T to be fully healthy and play at a high level like last season when he gets back.I hope D Wade can also stay healthy and give us good minutes.

I'm really looking forward to seeing who becomes available at the trade deadline this season.The Cavs should be able to improve the team more for the 2nd half of the season if they are willing to give up the Nets pick in a trade.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Any news on LBJ playing tonight? Last I saw, it was still a GTD. That kinda makes it rough for the daily fantasy leagues.

Anyway, I'm excited about the game and to see how the new pieces perform. I also hope we don't let Kyrie go off. Would love to see LBJ swat a couple of his shots. LOL

I do have one concern. While I wouldn't mind having TT come off the bench, I am not too thrilled about Love playing center. It won't matter as much tonight because Horford is a puss, but I think Love banging on big guys in the low post is going to negatively effect his outside shot and rhythm. I hope Lue's mind isn't set in stone on this decision.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Any news on LBJ playing tonight? Last I saw, it was still a GTD. That kinda makes it rough for the daily fantasy leagues.

Anyway, I'm excited about the game and to see how the new pieces perform. I also hope we don't let Kyrie go off. Would love to see LBJ swat a couple of his shots. LOL

I do have one concern. While I wouldn't mind having TT come off the bench, I am not too thrilled about Love playing center. It won't matter as much tonight because Horford is a puss, but I think Love banging on big guys in the low post is going to negatively effect his outside shot and rhythm. I hope Lue's mind isn't set in stone on this decision.

TT struggles against the same type of bigs, I think Lue is just taking offense over defense at this point. TT will thrive playing with the 2's I think. The amount of dunks he will see on PNR will be staggering if Lue knows what he's doing. I don't think his rotation is set by any stretch, I'd bet we see at minimum 5 different lineups before january, then another 5 before April. Almost too many players to be honest, and all needing the ball. Going to be interesting. Oh and almost everything I've read lebron is a go

Legend
Legend
Any local stations playing it or just TNT?

I hate this crap.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
I used to get pumped up for the Browns games, but not anymore. Now I get pumped up for our Cavs. thumbsup

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

I hate this crap.

Unfortunately when national they black out my league pass. But fso should have it as well

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

I hate this crap.

Unfortunately when national they black out my league pass. But fso should have it as well

Speaking of, I was going to get the League Pass for Cavs games, but with so many national TV games, it's almost pointless. I think it's like half. And with the lady of the house a Bulls fan, we can't watch any of them due to us living in Chicago. So lame.

[Linked Image]

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
I used to get pumped up for the Browns games, but not anymore. Now I get pumped up for our Cavs. thumbsup

It's amazing how winning and looking like a somewhat competent can change how much different we, as fans, approach a game. Sundays are now just another day of the week. I may or may not watch a whole Browns' game.

#gmstrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I hope LeBron dunks on Kyrie's face.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

It's amazing how winning and looking like a somewhat competent can change how much different we, as fans, approach a game. Sundays are now just another day of the week. I may or may not watch a whole Browns' game.

Whole game? I can barely make it through a single redzone trip. "Sweet, we've got at least 3 points as long as we don't throw a...CRAP!" And then I switch to the Redzone.

You could do that same joke with a fumble, turnover on downs or missed FG.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs 2017-18 Season

Link Copied to Clipboard