Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
And President Trump, in less than a year, has erased him.

Nothing fills Trump's diaper faster than his fury at being way less popular and respected than Obama.

I'm not a fan of Obama, he was a terrible president. But Trump can't stand that he can't be what his slug-brain thinks Obama is, and it drives his every decision.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not only was the Obama Administration awful,
they put chemicals in the water...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8&list=RDyZNtYmdZ-4c&index=10

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PDF
President Trump arrives in South Korea...

http://i.imgur.com/WuJ025h.jpg

How on earth does your brain manage to do the mental gymnastics necessary to turn a slump-shouldered doughy oaf with a raccoon spraytan and a ridiculously bad hairweave who can't find a suit that fits into some sort of soldier in action?

I got it. You write for Dennis Miller.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
40, what did you just make me waste my life on?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

How on earth does your brain manage to do the mental gymnastics necessary to turn a slump-shouldered doughy oaf with a raccoon spraytan and a ridiculously bad hairweave who can't find a suit that fits into some sort of soldier in action?

Hey arch.

That's pretty good.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

That's actually a really good burn.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
PDF above:

Quote:
That's actually a really good burn.

Your comment above:

Quote:

Was very Dennis Milleresqe.

That's not an insult.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
40, what did you just make me waste my life on?

A well rounded education is never a waste.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I prefer John Oliver's take on Mr. Jones.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

That's not an insult.

Rockyhill, why you insulting everybody?

Legend
Legend
Sorry if someone posted this yet, I checked the last page, no:

'Trump’s grade on the economy ticks back up to A-'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-grade-economy-ticks-back-163733792.html

In the year since Donald Trump won the U.S. presidency, earnings have crept upward, employers have added 1.8 million jobs, and the stock market has soared by 22%. That’s enough to boost Trump’s grade on the economy to A- in the latest installment of the Yahoo Finance Trumponomics Report Card.

P.S. 40, ^that^ story was posted especially for you!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well thank you, that story is special and that Yahoo really knows it's stuff! thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Quote:
And President Trump, in less than a year, has erased him.

Even though this statement is patently untrue, it most certainly is telling.

Please do post some more.
I invite it... whole-heartedly.

I'm still compiling your profile.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Obama's actions and policies hurt business, hurt GDP, tore at the fabric of our National Independence and promoted Globalism.

He allowed NATO to get away without paying their fair share for defense and allowed our enemies to grow in power.

He colluded with the Russians in giving them control over 20 percent of our weapons grade uranium.

He screwed over Israel, one of our strongest allies.

Bad President, his policies need to be erased and replaced.

People like you supported all that and would have turned America into Europe in a heartbeat.

Add that to your folder!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 11/08/17 11:13 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't forget to add wide sweeping democrat victories to this list there 40, it's on Trump.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
One good day does not a movement make.

O
Legend
Legend
O
One good day does not a movement make.

Let's address this same time next year. Time will tell.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
speaking of the swamp:

The Feds are investigating billionaire Carl Icahn's role advising the Trump administration

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/feds-investigating-billionaire-carl-icahn-194355240.html

Back in August, Carl Icahn quit his role advising President Donald Trump's administration — right around the time The New Yorker reported he could be in legal jeopardy for his attempts to change biofuel policy that would benefit his investments.

Now, the feds are investigating Icahn's informal advisory role to the Trump administration in connection with his investment firm, Icahn Enterprises L.P., which has a significant stake in a fuel refiner that would benefit from regulatory changes that Icahn reportedly lobbied for.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Icahn Enterprises announced the US Attorney's office for the Southern District of New York had issued a subpoena seeking information related to the firm and Icahn's activities while he was an advisor to Trump:

"The U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York recently contacted Icahn Enterprises L.P. seeking production of information pertaining to our and Mr. Icahn’s activities relating to the Renewable Fuels Standard and Mr. Icahn’s role as an advisor to the President. We are cooperating with the request and are providing information in response to the subpoena. The U.S. Attorney’s office has not made any claims or allegations against us or Mr. Icahn. We maintain a strong compliance program and, while no assurances can be made, we do not believe this inquiry will have a material impact on our business, financial condition, results of operations or cash flows."
How did Icahn wind up in the sights of federal investigators?

Here's a rundown of some key takeaways from Patrick Radden Keefe's August profile in The New Yorker that details Icahn's attempts to change the Renewable Fuels Standard:

Icahn has a 82% stake in CVR, a refiner.
Refiners have to blend ethanol into their products, or buy credits, called Renewable Identification Numbers (RIN), from refiners that do. The cost of these RINs has increased, costing CVR more and more money.
Icahn has lobbied vocally against the policy that forces refiners like CVR to buy RINs, arguing in favor of changing the "point of obligation," which would force other parties to buy them instead. In an oped in The Wall Street Journal, he likened RINs to the mortgage-backed securities that fueled the financial crisis.
In December, it was announced that Icahn would be a special adviser to Trump, then the president-elect, with a focus on regulation. "His help on the strangling regulations that our country is faced with will be invaluable," Trump said at the time.
According to The New Yorker, Icahn told Bob Dinneen, the head of the Renewable Fuels Association, which had been supporting the existing RIN policy, in February that an executive order would change the rules. Dinneen told Keefe that while Icahn never said explicitly that he was talking on behalf of Trump, “Icahn had a title I couldn’t ignore.”
“Icahn was always talking about an ‘executive order’—that was his vernacular,” Dinneen told The New Yorker. According to Icahn's lawyer, Icahn only expressed “hope” that Trump would agree with his view on RINs.
Either way, Dinneen said he would propose to his board that the Renewable Fuels Association would end its opposition to the "point of obligation" change. When news leaked of the potential change in the association's stance, there was an outcry from the ethanol industry.
A spokeswoman for the White House later denied that there was any plan to shift the point of obligation.
Keefe reported that an official in the Trump administration told him that there was a draft executive order, but that it was "something Icahn sent to us." Icahn's lawyer denied that Icahn had prepared the executive order.
According to Richard Painter, a Bush administration ethics lawyer, Icahn walked "right into possible criminal charges,” because of "a federal statute that makes it illegal for executive-branch employees to work on any matter in which they may have a direct financial interest." As a reminder, Icahn had the title "special adviser to the president."
Icahn's lawyer told Keefe the relevant law does not apply to Icahn: “Unlike a government employee, Mr. Icahn has no official role or duties and he is not in a position to set policy.”

Trump hires are destructive.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Justice Department's reported demand of CNN sale 'unusual': antitrust expert

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/justice-d...-205318719.html

kinda odd.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
More to add........

41. Electrical contractors and linesmen from the U.S.A. in Puerto Rico make landfall only 36 days after hurricane Maria made landfall. Huge accomplishment there.

42. Puerto Rico has restored nearly 25% of of their total power grid, only 2 mo's after hurricane Maria made landfall. Another huge accomplishment

43. Achieved the largest and longest electrical blackout in U.S. history in Puerto Rico. Bigly

Will Add More later....

Update: that figure is now down to 18%.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
So presidential

Report: Trump Told Tribal Leaders To ‘Just Do It’ And Ignore Drilling Laws

President Donald Trump speaks during an energy roundtable with tribal, state, and local leaders in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Evan Vucci/AP

By Matt Shuham Published November 6, 2017 10:28 am

President Donald Trump in June reportedly told tribal leaders to simply drill for energy resources on their land, regardless of regulations that would prevent them from immediately doing so, Axios reported Sunday.

Citing one unnamed source in the room during a meeting between Trump and Native American tribal leaders in June, and another unnamed source who confirmed the account, Axios reported that the tribal leaders told Trump that “there were regulatory barriers preventing them from getting at their energy.”

The President reportedly replied: “But now it’s me. The government’s different now. Obama’s gone; and we’re doing things differently here.”

“So what I’m saying is, just do it,” Trump said, according to Axios.

The President reportedly continued after a pause, addressing a meeting attendee: “Chief, chief, what are they going to do? Once you get it out of the ground are they going to make you put it back in there? I mean, once it’s out of the ground it can’t go back in there. You’ve just got to do it. I’m telling you, chief, you’ve just got to do it.”

Video from a June 28 meeting between Trump and tribal leaders was posted by the Washington Post at the time. Reading from a statement, Trump echoed the themes that Axios’ unnamed sources described, though he did not say publicly, as he reportedly did privately, that they should break the law.

“Many of your lands have rich natural resources that stand to benefit your people immensely,” Trump said in the video, adding: “All you want is the freedom to use them, and that’s been the problem. It’s been very difficult, hasn’t it? It’ll be a lot easier now under the Trump administration.”

He added later: “Vast amounts of deposits of coal and other resources have, in a way, been taken out of your hands, and we’re going to have that changed, we’re going to put it back in your hands.”

The White House did not dispute the story, Axios noted. Members of the White House press team did not respond to TPM’s questions. One unnamed source who Axios said attended the meeting said the President’s remarks were “Trump speak,” and, according to Axios, that “what he meant by ‘just do it’ was he was pushing for removing burdensome regulations from the Obama era.”

Following Trump’s surprising 2016 electoral victory, Reuters reported that Native American advisers to the then-President-elect had advocated for easing regulations concerning drilling for energy resources on tribal land.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So far from what I am hearing, our President will be bringing home from Asia hundreds of Billions of Dollars in Business for America. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
So in a matter of days, Trump has unilaterally authorized a tunnel from DC to New York (which travels directly under about 6 major metro areas) and drilling for oil on Indian reservations... with no other approvals or permits or studies required.... wonderful.

yebat' Putin
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
So far from what I am hearing, our President will be bringing home from Asia hundreds of Billions of Dollars in Business for America. thumbsup

No details have come out yet, but seeing as Trump doesn't understand the basics of trade or economics or negotiation, we're likely to see a replay of his M.O. as both a businessman and president- flatter his bruised ego, and you can rip him for whatever he's worth, very likely getting him to bite on the initial offer. It's already happened recently with Carrier and the Saudis, and there isn't much reason to doubt more of the same.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
So in a matter of days, Trump has unilaterally authorized a tunnel from DC to New York (which travels directly under about 6 major metro areas) and drilling for oil on Indian reservations... with no other approvals or permits or studies required.... wonderful.

"25" his worthless ass and be done with this crazy $#t.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
President Trump just announced to the world at his speech in Asia

"From this day forward we will compete on a fair and equal basis.
We are not going to let the United States be taken advantage of any more. I am always going to put America first the same way that I expect all of you to put your Countries first."

-It certainly is nice having a Leader who puts our interests first for a change. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
"Reeneereeneereenee...."

He opens his mouth, stuff comes out... and none of it is worth a plug nickel.

Just like his sycophantic followers.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Unilaterally???

From the NYTimes...

President Trump huddled for about an hour with top officials from New York and New Jersey at the White House including Senators Chuck Schumer, Cory Booker and Kristen Gillibrand as well as Governors Andrew Cuomo and Chris Christie and about a dozen members of Congress to discuss the building of the multi billion dollar tunnel.

The guests all expressed the importance of the tunnel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/nyregion/trump-gateway-hudson-tunnel.html

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
President Trump just announced to the world at his speech in Asia

"From this day forward we will compete on a fair and equal basis.
We are not going to let the United States be taken advantage of any more. I am always going to put America first the same way that I expect all of you to put your Countries first."

-It certainly is nice having a Leader who puts our interests first for a change. thumbsup

You're taking the word of a serial liar who doesn't understand the basics of trade and almost always does the exact opposite of what he says.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Not quite, there were about 15 non binding memo of understanding. They are not contracts, they are not binding. Also, the Chinese Communist Party has to approve any actual investments-which they did not.

So basically at this point, it was for show

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

Not quite, there were about 15 non binding memo of understanding. They are not contracts, they are not binding. Also, the Chinese Communist Party has to approve any actual investments-which they did not.

So basically at this point, it was for show

They do this with every Presidential visit. Obama, Bush, Clinton all had major trade talks with China that turned into nothing.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I love watching his feeble-brain work in real time:

TRUMP: "I do not watch much television. I know they like to say that. People that don’t know me, they like to say I watch television - people with fake sources. But I don’t get to watch much television. Primarily because of documents. I’m reading documents."

Documents.

(Also this is in response to being asked about Roy Moore)

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nebraska commission approves Keystone XL route, clearing obstacle for TransCanada's hotly disputed oil pipeline

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/20/nebraska-commission-approves-keystone-xl-pipeline-route.html

Another victory for President Trump, another victory for America! thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Keystone just leaked upwards of 210,000 gallons in a South Dakota.
Who could have seen this coming?!
Another win for Murika!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/16/us/keystone-pipeline-leak/index.html

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yea well Chrysler has a stalling problem with the Pacifica too.

It ain't a perfect world.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
EVERYBODY: You shouldn't do this. The risk of oil spillage and damage is too great

::government does it anyway, 210K gallons spill::

40: It ain't a perfect world.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Keystone just leaked upwards of 210,000 gallons in a South Dakota.
Who could have seen this coming?!
Another win for Murika!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/16/us/keystone-pipeline-leak/index.html

It'd be neat if our society wasn't reliant on oil, wouldn't it?

Let's face it: If there weren't demand for it, it would never have been built, right?

But, everyone wants energy, and they want it cheap.

Just like everyone wants luxuries, or even necessities, but they want them cheap. And they turn around and demand raises for the work THEY do. The "I want to be paid more, and I want YOU to pay me more, so I can buy cheap products that don't help our economy" thing.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
EVERYBODY: You shouldn't do this. The risk of oil spillage and damage is too great

::government does it anyway, 210K gallons spill::

40: It ain't a perfect world.

You weren't around a while back as these guys were all crying about the Gulf of Mexico being ruined for all eternity by that giant oil spill years back.
I am sure you would have been just as glum as they. willynilly

All is well and fine down there and the seafood is delicious. The birds frolic in the clean water and flowing fresh air.

P
Legend
Legend
P
We produce more oil than Saudi Arabia and have for four years.

US Has Produced More Oil Than Saudi Arabia For 4 Straight Years [GRAPH]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/17/us-has...ht-years-graph/

Gas prices have been stable for years. There was no "need" for this pipeline except to line the pockets of oil companies. None.

And we were told this would happen. No need to use the bait and switch con game now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
aren't we the leader in most oil spills in the world, or close to it?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus President Trump's Accomplishments to date...

Link Copied to Clipboard