Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1350196 11/10/17 10:57 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I am hoping the bye brought some changes for the better to Berea. Hue seems to have been tinkering and suggests changes; some folks are healthy on D (or healthier).

I am hoping that we get our first win. Do you see anything better against Detroit on Sunday.

I will root for improvement; I will also hope for less stupidity like penalties. I do not think I can face the second half with no hope, though that may be the new reality. So far it is like we built a corner and painted ourselves into it.

Simplify, simplify. A Shaker admonition

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
one thing that might help Kizer that I wanted to see earlier: move the pocket for him and use his athleticism a little more.

Use some PA/rollout type stuff to give some different looks, simplify reads, keep the d off balance, etc.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'd like to see Dayes and Duke in the backfield together. I'd like to see Njoku run some seam routes. I'd like to see Garrett line up in different spots to create mismatches and hopefully, havoc in the Lions backfield. I'd like to see Peppers in the same zip code as the rest of the D to see if he really could be a Polamalu clone. I'd like to see a balanced offense that commits to the run, and an attacking, swarming defense.

A win would be nice, too.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
A lot more option plays or creative ways to get Njoku and Duke mismatched with a defender. Corey Coleman to play a full game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Any of those plays involve misdirection? I like center screens, TE delays, and just using Kizer's legs. The comment about Peppers in same zip code or time zone was great. Get pressure early, sending enough to get there.

But we need a breakout leader on O. Who will be the whip hand on D? Need to find us a bad man there.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'd like to see our guys execute the plays being called. The play calling is not a problem. One of the best OCs in football did not suddenly get dumb. It's all about talent and experience.

Time for some of these guys that were brought in here by the FO to start performing.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'd like to see our guys execute the plays being called. The play calling is not a problem. One of the best OCs in football did not suddenly get dumb. It's all about talent and experience.

Time for some of these guys that were brought in here by the FO to start performing.

Yeah. Like the QB. He needs to be more accurate, and not turn the ball over.

Our defence is slowly getting better this season. That's a positive. Browns get 10 points off turnovers, win 24-23. We are winning this game.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
I am really dissapointed with Hue Jackson. Why do we have to suggest plays
for a team of professionals?
Is it that obvious our offense could have been a LOT more creative? Wasnt him supposed to be an offensive or QB guru?
I hope he proves us all wrong on Sunday...

V
Legend
Legend
V
People aren't suggesting plays. LOL

People are complaining because our talent sucks and they are wrongfully blaming the coach.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
I think is a little bit of both. I dont think Hue has called the right plays for the talent we have. I am not an expert, but it seems to me that Hue s gameplan is like we are the 2000 Rams.
He has used Kizer as a pure pocket passer, instead of using his legs more. We have terrible WRs, why not use more the RBs, the TEs, more screens, etc.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
gameplan has been horrific. as seen last game, with a rook at qb, we can play ball control and do ok...if we go 5 wide with a rook..you get interceptions.....nooo! really?

first half was the first time we treated our rook like a rook...it worked...took all year.

we should be doin what chicago is doin.....not what miami did with marino

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

People are complaining because our talent sucks and they are wrongfully blaming the coach.

Amen to that.

It amazes me that so many people can't see or just totally IGNORE the pathetic TRASH we field at WR every week.

We need the one decent Receiver we have back. Coleman. Treggs and Williams are the only other two worth a crap.

Njoku is a Rookie.

We get Gordon back with these guys and add a Sutton or Ridley and this Offense takes off.

IT AIN'T THE PLAY CALLING.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I too would like to see dayes in the 2nd half. I don't think Crow is going to come back, so it would be good to see what Dayes brings to the table by giving him some meaningful play time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I too would like to see dayes in the 2nd half. I don't think Crow is going to come back, so it would be good to see what Dayes brings to the table by giving him some meaningful play time.
agreed. let's see what Dayes has ... give him 8-10 carries a game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Divine intervention MIGHT be enough to put the odds at 50/50. (If God's having a really, really good day)

A really, really good day.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: kwhip

Amen to that.

It amazes me that so many people can't see or just totally IGNORE the pathetic TRASH we field at WR every week.

We need the one decent Receiver we have back. Coleman. Treggs and Williams are the only other two worth a crap.

Njoku is a Rookie.

We get Gordon back with these guys and add a Sutton or Ridley and this Offense takes off.

IT AIN'T THE PLAY CALLING.

It amazes me how many people think a team can be 1-23 in 24 games and think the coach has nothing to do with it. I often wonder how this would play out if we had not beaten the chargers.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post. Our qb play is killing us, too. He's not reading the field and his accuracy has been really bad.

It's hard to overcome having poor performances from your quarterback and receivers. If the light comes on for Kizer, we might at least be competitive when Gordon and Coleman enter the lineup.

All Pro
All Pro
We can win this game with authority but we won't. Don't be fooled, we have enough talent to win games in the NFL but the game plan is idiotic and stupid. This coaching makes our team look bad. The predictable runs up the middle are losing us games let alone the league high penalties. Field position sucks most of the time. Clock management and red zone proficiency are a joke. Our guys aren't pushed to finish out games in the 4th quarter. Near league low scoring because of the goofy play calls at critical points in the games. 3 + outs are through the roof. Hue doesn't have the right plan for Kizer to be successful. Folks can blame it on the talent but I know it is the coaching......

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Starting to show some sort of incline in improvement would matter a Hell of a lot.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Any of those plays involve misdirection? I like center screens, TE delays, and just using Kizer's legs. The comment about Peppers in same zip code or time zone was great. Get pressure early, sending enough to get there.

But we need a breakout leader on O. Who will be the whip hand on D? Need to find us a bad man there.

I'm talking about a TE shuffle pass. a triple option run out of the backfield with Crow and Duke coming in motion. Things of that nature. Make the easy for Kizer to understand. Put him in positions where he has to make a limited amount of reads.

This isn't me bashing Hue. I like Hue. I think he got the short end of the stick. He doesn't have a starting QB until the 2nd week of the preseason. He can't build his playbook from last year. Kizer wasn't a zone-option QB in college. I hope they took the bye week to work on some option plays.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Lions have trouble covering TEs. Their LBs are slow, Browns need to exploit that. I would like to see passes to our TE and RBs.

What will matter is if the Browns can shut down the Lions passing game and pressure Stafford. They have a weak OL so we should be able to get to Stafford.

Also cut down on penalties and the dumb mistakes and win the turnover battle. I would like to see the Browns win.

V
Legend
Legend
V
How well do the Browns cover TEs?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
How well do the Browns cover TEs?

They might not have to, Lions TEs are not that good. Ebron has hands of stone.

V
Legend
Legend
V
And ours have good hands? LOL

We'll see.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The first thought that went through my head after reading the thread title was "We're the Browns, nothing else matters."

Then I had Metallica stuck in my head for awhile.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
And ours have good hands? LOL

We'll see.

I didn't say they did, all I'm saying is this may not be the automatic win for the Lions most are predicting. Will the Browns win? Probably not, but they do have a chance against a franchise known for losing games they should win.

I will not be shocked if the Browns won this game. Like you said, we'll see.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I wasn't arguing w/you, Dawg. Just throwing out a different opinion. I like when both sides of an debate are presented. I promise it was nothing personal.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I didn't take it as personal. When your a Browns fan you develop a thick skin. LOL. I will be at the game rooting for the Browns.

Legend
Legend
IIRC, when Detroit played at CLE last time, they had a TE who KILLED us ... Fauria or something

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I want to see that, 'Peen. Olay him for Crow.

What? Are we going to miss the overwhelming production stats Crow gives us? I think he is starting to talk and play his way out go our house.

Seems like Cadillac mouth seeking money, but a Yugo motor as far as the field. I think we can meet or surpass his body of work, and Duke gets better than advertised performance for us.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
IIRC, when Detroit played at CLE last time, they had a TE who KILLED us ... Fauria or something

He's not with the Lions anymore. Their TEs drop the ball a lot.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Just saw a Browns fan wearing a paper bag over his head that said front office. LOL

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Just saw a Browns fan wearing a paper bag over his head that said front office. LOL
i like the creativity

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
I would like to see less shot gun, more running plays with fullback and more PA passes to our TEs. Lets rely more on our defense and less on our rookie QB and WRs. I too would like to see Dayes get some carries along with Duke and Crowell. We need an idenity on offense and it sure ain't our WRs making plays. Maybe this would help in limiting turnovers.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Our identity is clock management. Lame all around.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Glw12
I would like to see less shot gun, more running plays with fullback and more PA passes to our TEs. Lets rely more on our defense and less on our rookie QB and WRs. I too would like to see Dayes get some carries along with Duke and Crowell. We need an idenity on offense and it sure ain't our WRs making plays. Maybe this would help in limiting turnovers.

Yes, if I was the coach I would install a ball control run offense immediately. Put a premium on running. Don't care about flashy just do it.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Lions 38 What might matter Sunday?

Link Copied to Clipboard