Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Legend
Legend
A
Devalve also said that I believe. And said that Kizer has the ok to change a call.

But, if you look at the link I put up in a different thread, you can see Hue's reaction......and I seriously think he was ticked about the change Kizer made.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Devalve also said that I believe. And said that Kizer has the ok to change a call.

But, if you look at the link I put up in a different thread, you can see Hue's reaction......and I seriously think he was ticked about the change Kizer made.

I would like to know what Kizer saw that made him think he could score on that play.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Browns need a new head coach plain and simple. That debacle at the end of the first half is a fireable offense. You call a QB sneak with no time outs left, really, I mean really. If the Browns had a halfway decent head coach they win this game.

Bitonio said that Kizer audibled to the QB sneak.

That's bull. The way they lined up it look like it was meant to be a QB sneak all along. He is just covering for Jackson!

E
Legend
Legend
E
It was ballsy to change the play. I'm ok with that because I rather have a ballsy QB than a weak minded one. He will just need to learn to make better choices.

No Craps Given
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Did they huddle before that play? When did he audible to the sneak?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Browns need a new head coach plain and simple. That debacle at the end of the first half is a fireable offense. You call a QB sneak with no time outs left, really, I mean really. If the Browns had a halfway decent head coach they win this game.

That's bull. The way they lined up it look like it was meant to be a QB sneak all along. He is just covering for Jackson!

Look at Hue's reaction, and tell me you think he called that play. Keep in mind what Bitonio and Devalve have said.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/12/1664...-kizer-halftime

C
Legend
Legend
C

Devalve apparently said the same thing (Kizer changed the play).

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Why didn't they kick a field goal before the half? They were getting the ball back after the half, and were moving it successfully. To me that was on Hue. Kizer changing the play to a sneak was horrible. They should have sent in the kick game and took the three.

I hate DeValve. He is horrible at about everything. He does get that catch every now and then, like the one to the goal. But only if he is wide open.

Kessler is absolutely horrible. The receiver was ten yards past the defense.

Njoku is dropping way too many balls. Louis also.

The defense played decent, but not as good as many are saying. They were not on the field too much, so that argument is out the door. Tackling was bad today, too many plays where the guy is hit behind or at the LOS, only to get 5 plus more yards.

The referees were bad today. Not the reason we lost, but did help in the effort.

I think this team is close to winning. Just sucks to see the same crap ruin their chances every week.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Having seen the tape they weren't even in a goal line short yardage formation. Plus the ball was on the two yard line. Did Jackson talk to Kizer after that?

I think the reaction is from the Lions holding his players down so they couldn't reset to spike the ball and the refs not calling anything.
That's why the Browns players were so up set and got a penalty.

Last edited by Dawg Citizen; 11/12/17 08:48 PM.
H
All Pro
All Pro
H

I think the reaction is from the Lions holding his players down so they couldn't reset to spike the ball and the refs not calling anything.

I can't believe that wasn't called. I was yelling at my TV like an idiot when I saw that.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Look at Hue's reaction, and tell me you think he called that play. Keep in mind what Bitonio and Devalve have said.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/12/1664...-kizer-halftime

There were 11 seconds left after the play ended. The Lions were holding the Browns down so they couldn't line up to spike the ball and kill the clock. I think that is what he was reacting to.

I looked at the tape and it looked like he didn't make any single or call at the line to change the play. Of course I wasn't down there so maybe he did.

A
Legend
Legend
A

There were 11 seconds left after the play ended. The Lions were holding the Browns down so they couldn't line up to spike the ball and kill the clock. I think that is what he was reacting to.

That's definitely a possibility.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
What a disappointment. They actually played 3 good quarters and Kizer looked good.

....and then the 4th quarter happened. frown

Any news on Jamie Collins?

At least they got to the 4th qtr before the wheels fell off.
Usually they are axle-draggin' by early-mid 3rd qtr.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: homer_brown

I can't believe that wasn't called. I was yelling at my TV like an idiot when I saw that.

That was one of the things DTers mentioned... Maybe that was what duke was upset about.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Without a doubt ..... ridiculous delay of game.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Folks,
No ref in his right mind is going to call a delay of game penalty with 12 seconds to go in a half!! That was a bad play to run. And it was on Kizer! Kizer hurried them up to the line and tried to run that sneak. PERIOD!!.. Duke was pissed because his QB should have been more aware of time!

D
Legend
Legend
D
If u were in the chat to see that u must have left .... based in Dukes and Hues reaction i went and watched it 3 or 4 times ... I told the guys in chat it was on Kizer ..

If anyone has it recorded ... go watch ... u can confirm ....

DeValve started tight on the right side of the line ... he leaked out to the left .. he clearly was running a route .... he was 4 or 5 yards in the end zone running parrallel to the goal line ... he must not have heard the audible as he was still running his route ... *L* ...

If anyone has to recorded go check it out ... it was CLEAR to me ... very clear ...

Sorry Citizen ... i know your really upset right now .. but theres no covering for Hue here .. .Hue is covering for Kizer ... DeValve was clearly running a route ...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Without a doubt ..... ridiculous delay of game.

That all happened down at the other end zone from where I was sitting but that looked like it should have been delay of game called on the Lions.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Someth8ng else no ones mentioning ... a few plays earlier Higgins made a catch ... he was running to the sidelines to get out of bounds .. instead a few steps from the sidelines he decides to turn it up field for 2 yards .... MORONIC ... he needs to be smarter than that ....

What Kizer did was inexcusable ... so is what Higgins did ... STUPID .... STUPID ... STUPID ...

Kizer tries to do to much ... not sure how much football sense he has ... he can’t audible to a run in that situation ... he has to be smarter than that ..

A
Legend
Legend
A
What you are saying about Devalve is also evident on the link I posted.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Diam,
Quote:
Kizer tries to do to much

That has been his problem ALL SEASON. Earlier, he would not take the check down receiver, would throw the ball into improbably spots. Remember, Hue had to tell him to throw the ball away to live another day!

Kizer is learning the hard way! But that play at the half is one that Kizer has to keep in his head that he only had 12 seconds.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Jacksonville
at Cincinnati
at San Diego
Baltimore
Green Bay
at Chicago
at Pittsburgh

Next week ... maybe at Cincy .. maybe at Chicago

Cincy, Baltimore and Green Bay.

I alway's have thought we'd beat Green Bay, even with Rogers. It's in Cleveland.

I see no way they beat the Bears on the road, or Pittsburgh the last game of the year.
So if they can't win before the last two, cue the fat lady.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
What you are saying about Devalve is also evident on the link I posted.

Yep - both of them. Dumb, stupid, moronic, selfish ... hard to believe they are paid to athletes when they are so bone headed.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I see us beating Jacksonville next week.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When did Coleman leave the game? Almost looks like he got KO'ed on the failed sneak.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why in the world are you letting a 21 year old rook call audibles in the red zone for #1 ??

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I really enjoyed the play calling by Hue. It was a lot more creative this week, but the offense still wasn't on the same page. Having to spend 2 timeouts in the first half, because we couldn't get the play off in time is a joke. How have the Browns not invested $10 mil into a solid VR device for the players? Just have a simple program where the players could all meet up together in real time and run through the plays and where they're going to get lined up. For a team that wants to prove to everyone, mainly themselves, that they're smart, they sure are dumb.

Kizer played very well today. The final nail in the coffin was when he left. The team wasn't the same with CK. Kizer limited his overthrows and didn't force the ball into tight coverage as much, but can someone tell me how he actually improved? He's still making his reads on the outside of the hash marks, continues to look up field while under pressure and is not afraid to throw it long. I won't say that he is a franchise QB, but he bounces back every week like no QB we've had before. Still such a moronic thing to do to audible into that sneak. It was a dumb formation to be in on the three if you wanted to run a QB sneak. He should have ran it in instead of throwing it to Njoku.

TE play was horrible. Njoku and DeValve show real promise, but they really do suck at what they need to do. They can't block, can hardly catch. They're both just very athletic in their own ways.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Why in the world are you letting a 21 year old rook call audibles in the red zone for #1 ??

Because you’re 32 year old left tackle is on IR?

#GMSTRONG
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
If u were in the chat to see that u must have left .... based in Dukes and Hues reaction i went and watched it 3 or 4 times ... I told the guys in chat it was on Kizer ..

If anyone has it recorded ... go watch ... u can confirm ....

DeValve started tight on the right side of the line ... he leaked out to the left .. he clearly was running a route .... he was 4 or 5 yards in the end zone running parrallel to the goal line ... he must not have heard the audible as he was still running his route ... *L* ...

If anyone has to recorded go check it out ... it was CLEAR to me ... very clear ...

Sorry Citizen ... i know your really upset right now .. but theres no covering for Hue here .. .Hue is covering for Kizer ... DeValve was clearly running a route ...

Not on the same page. some guys were run blocking and some were pass blocking. Coleman just falls down like he's trying to cut block. you're right about DeValve, he is clearly running a pattern and doesn't block anyone.

If Kizer did change the play wouldn't the snap count be longer? the clock wasn't running so what was the hurry? Time must have been running out on the play clock I guess.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
It was ballsy to change the play. I'm ok with that because I rather have a ballsy QB than a weak minded one. He will just need to learn to make better choices.

There is a difference between being ballsy and being stupid. If kizer did change the play then that was stupid, stupid, stupid!

Legend
Legend

There is a difference between being ballsy and being stupid. If kizer did change the play then that was stupid, stupid, stupid!

It was certainly a learning experience.

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A

FWIW: https://sports.yahoo.com/deshone-kizer-audibled-sneak-end-222717165.html

E
Legend
Legend
E

Yeah, and if it had worked, you'd be worshiping him. I give him credit for trying to make something happen. He just needs to learn some things.

No Craps Given
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

FWIW: https://sports.yahoo.com/deshone-kizer-audibled-sneak-end-222717165.html

Ok then it's still on Hue. Why do you give your rookie QB the freedom to change the play in that spot? IT'S JUST STUPID! AND STILL A FIREABLE OFFENSE!!!!!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Yeah, and if it had worked, you'd be worshiping him. I give him credit for trying to make something happen. He just needs to learn some things.

oh if, if, if,. If I picked the right numbers in the lottery then I could afford to buy the Browns and put an end to this nightmare!

E
Legend
Legend
E

oh if, if, if,. If I picked the right numbers in the lottery then I could afford to buy the Browns and put an end to this nightmare!

Let me try this a different way. Do you want a QB who is just a puppet for the OC, or do you want a smart QB who can see things and make changes?

Personally I want the smart QB. Kizer wants to grow into that role and he is trying his best. He failed on this attempt, but he will learn from it. And do better next time.

No Craps Given
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’ll go with the smart QB ... in what world was that smart? ...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I’ll go with the smart QB ... in what world was that smart? ...

I didn't say it was smart. I said he is trying to grow into that role.

No Craps Given
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

I'd rather chew on a cyanide pill than watch a QB try to sneak it from the three yard line in an I formation.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Let me try this a different way. Do you want a QB who is just a puppet for the OC, or do you want a smart QB who can see things and make changes?

Personally I want the smart QB. Kizer wants to grow into that role and he is trying his best. He failed on this attempt, but he will learn from it. And do better next time.

Detroit was in a goal line defense. What could he have possibly seen to think he could bully his way into the end zone from the two yard line? Especially when we are not lined up in a goal line formation.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Lions 38 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard