#1352324 11/13/17 10:02 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
We are so close and yet so far.

First play on O Kizer actually hit a deep pass along the left side line and with touch. Thought he went a little sour after that for a couple of series. And then he switched to an NFL QB and looked FANTASTIC.

Drive to the 2 yard line with 15 seconds. Don't know if it was a called play - Duke looked totally miffed at the Kizer QB sneak...but we had 15 seconds to get back. Why have a delay of game rule and not call it. Was about as Delay of game as I saw it. Lions didn't care it would be a 1 yard penalty and they knew we would not run it again. They just layed on top of our players in total prone position arms out and legs sprawled with no whistle...disgusting on the refs I'm sure Hue taking the heat but sorry Refs sucked!

Also killing our early momentum was another deep pass and Devalve got called for holding. Watched the slow motion replay...sorry what a phantom call. I know Refs Las Vegas money was in need for them to do their thing!

2nd half Kizer continued his good play. Hue made the correct call for Max protection but we had the wrong personnel in there as Njoku was the extra blocker for an outside blitzer of which he just let run right by him and killed Kizer which was the game changer as Kizer who was playing the best he has ever played had to come out for about a quarter.

Just when I think we got a QB he is out and we never made it back from there. They brought the kitchen sink on a very Immobile Kessler.

Defense played great till Collins got hurt. Sorry got to cut Burgess he is terrible.

Also we stop them cold early on then we take Ogbah out and Garrett out actually entire starting front 4 and they started running the crap out of us.

Britt actually came to play...did he have family in Detroit?

Crowell and especially Duke were running great until we fell behind in the 4th quarter. Man if football was just 3 quarters we'd have about 5 wins.

I think we are the only winless team now as the 49ers beat the hapless Giants. I'd rather get a couple of wins then the overall 1st pick...back to back years just like 1999 and 2000 but no where close in talent this team is actually good but just cannot win.

Did I say the refs sucked!

Archuletta for a ex-football guy didn't know squat about football.

We got an obvious Screen left call and Kizer throws it.
Arhuletta says And Kizer throws to the Check Down...I'm like CHECK DOWN??? you bozo that was a screen pass. rolleyes

When we were winning you can see the Analysts scrambling to actually get some info on the Browns... smh

So we had a hold on Devalve and a missed block by Njoku...Why? Get those guys out in the pattern not in there blocking, something they just are not good at.

Devalve made a good catch and fought for the first down as he lowered his shoulder and Knocked the DB down as he started to go forward for the first after that impact...the DB down on the ground stuck his hand out at the ball knocking it out of Devalve's grasp and took it in for a Defensive TD...man did that hurt!

Devalve was in the doghouse for a couple of series. After that every catch he made he put two hands on the ball as he ran. Once costing us a TD as he got tackled on the one...I think Kizer QB sneaked that in for a score???

This was suppose to be a game we had no chance and yet there we were. Our mistakes combined with the refs...cost us a lot and we had our 4th quarter melt down AGAIN. When we can win and then we blow it...I yell a lot at the TV and the wife tells me to settle down oooo bang zoom to the moon Alice just let me rant! lol laugh

Kids came buy and brought their new puppy a French Bull Dog. Good service dog for me. Couldn't yell or else I'd scare it an he distracted me from the Failure.

81 Higgins, I thought he had a very good game yesterday.

Gonzalez made all his kicks right? thought he looked more comfortable out there.

We let that punt returner Agnew get loose a couple of times...that was bad preparation as the kid is like leading the NFL in returns...we should have been more prepared Tabor?

Oh well we are going to win sometime. If we do ? will be do we win some more. Texans are close to being a 3-13 team...so lets hope 49ers and Giants win some games. Could we actually be #1 and #2 - has that ever happened in the draft before?

Well what did you see? Drango again didn't play half bad at LT.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Great post. I saw the same things you did. That should have been in obvious delay of game penalty on the Lions at the end of the half. The refs didn't have the nerve to call that on the home team which is pathetic.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
All and all I saw progress, that's a good thing.

OL play is progressing, hope this can keep up and that it turns into the powerhouse it should have been for years now.

Still hate our DB's tackling... specially Peppers

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
All out blitz NOT getting there cost us big time.

Kizer improved bunches, Kessler- WOW, was he bad.

Penalties and turnovers, AND youth at the half hosed us.

GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Very nice post... Drango decent game... Different thoughts on Banner, however.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Also killing our early momentum was another deep pass and Devalve got called for holding. Watched the slow motion replay...sorry what a phantom call. I know Refs Las Vegas money was in need for them to do their thing!

Yea, that call was pretty ticky tack. What made it even worse, that gave us a 1st and 20, on the next play Crow rushes for 17 yards... another holding call. This one was even worse, not only should it NOT have been a holding call on the Browns, it should have been a holding call on the Lions.. Browns OG chips his first block, trying to get to the next level, Lions DL just grabs him, won't let him go.. Browns OG reaches out to try to get an arm on the LB he's supposed to block next and gets called. HORRIBLE CALL.

Kizer, for the first time, actually looked relaxed. No bold predictions of success but he played with more instinct and calm than he has since he got here and it showed. He was more decisive and more accurate and more willing to run when he had to.

Kessler, hard to fault a guy for coming in cold like that but he had a guy WIDE OPEN and overthrew him by 7 freakin' yards.. Those are the plays we aren't good enough to miss on.. ever.

Defense started out like balls on fire.. then turned into a sieve getting gouged for big yards on the ground, not sure how or why. It did coincide with Collins going out after his INT... could the loss of Collins have made that much difference? It seemed to.

Running game was good, glad we stuck with it until we absolutely had to abandon it.

Last offensive play of the game, Louis to the back corner, throw was decent, Louis made absolutely NO attempt to get past the CB to get to the spot. Completely let the DB manhandle him and keep him from getting there. Very disappointing effort on his part to not even be in position to knock it away if he couldn't catch it. Our 6'2", 215 lb WR got manhandled by the 5'11", 192 lb guy covering him...

Still had multiple drops that cost us..

And our special teams was disappointing.. no missed kicks but we lost in the field position battle several times because of our special teams, either running KOs out of the end zone and not getting to the 20.. or allowing big returns in the punt game.. another thing we aren't good enough to overcome, losing the ST battle.

Quote:
Duke looked totally miffed at the Kizer QB sneak.

What gave it away? brownie

One last thing.. Hue called a great game. It's amazing how much better he is when players execute. It's a shame an otherwise very well called game for him is going to be defined by that debacle at the end of the first half which, I've been seeing, wasn't even his fault.

Last edited by DCDAWGFAN; 11/13/17 01:10 PM.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I saw a QB who seems to be improving.

I saw a secondary that disappointed me. But I was expecting that.

I saw a team that actually played competitive against an average to above average NFL team. The scoreboard made it look worse than it was.

I saw a healthy front seven, for the most part, have trouble getting consistent pressure against average to below average OL.

It was a game that had its plus and minuses and we all needed to see some of those pluses.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Bad game...

Improved run. Improving QB hopefully. Collins going down was hurtful to see and our defense looked a lot worse when he went down after being pretty dominant.

Just need to get better I guess, what we say and what we hear after every loss.

Legend
Legend
I think that when we get a better secondary, that front 7's pressure will look a lot better because QB's won't have anyone to go to in the first 2-3 seconds whereas now they just cannot cover even that long.

They continue to shut down running games, however. We have only given up 100+ total rushing yards three times this season. Granted, one can make the argument that it is because nobody needs to run when they can pass at will against us, but even though three TEAMS have put 100+ on us, we have not given up a single 100-yard rusher and these guys are taking real pride in actively shutting down run games.

I think this defense is a few secondary players, and maybe a linebacker, away from being downright beastly.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly agree with you that I feel they're headed in the right direction. But giving up 38 points is certainly a let down.

A lot of us were concerned about this secondary and still are.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I saw back-to-back holding calls against us that were complete BS...with the second one actually being on the defense. Talk about a momentum killer.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

Who is Banner??? and what did I say about him???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
rumors

Yeah I was trying to come up with an array of 4 letter words but didn't know if I would be banned...lol so I came up with "miffed" laugh

yeah I forgot about that wide open play I saw him throw then I saw the WR Wide open then I saw the ball go 20 yards overhead...I'm blaming Vers on that one as Kessler was trying to prove to him that he had a strong arm...lol laugh got to laugh cause I don't cry.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

I saw back-to-back holding calls against us that were complete BS...with the second one actually being on the defense. Talk about a momentum killer.

Zeitler got called for one when actually it was the Lion's player who had a hold on Zeitler's jersey. The refs were 'kind' to the Lions but they have in the past been on the wrong end of calls themselves so I didn't feel too bad...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I just re-watched the first half...I hope Haslam can stay patient and roll with this group for awhile longer...like another year longer at least.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Banner is the big, tall RT who took Coleman's place after the latter got injured. Someone said Coleman got a concussion.

Legend
Legend
j/c

I just re-watched the first half...I hope Haslam can stay patient and roll with this group for awhile longer...like another year longer at least.

Agreed.
100%.

My mantra this year has been:
'The Browns are presently 2/3 of an NFL team, and are still under construction.'

I'll be totally impressed with Jimmy if he leaves stuff alone this time. Sure will be uncharted territory for him if he does.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Banner is the big, tall RT who took Coleman's place after the latter got injured. Someone said Coleman got a concussion.

Thanks, I just saw his Presser after the game...funny guy. Hope he did well, he stated that he did not account for any sacks on his part. Big kid. Guy asked him if he was big in HS...he said Bigger than you...lol laugh

Needs to get into shape in the off season!

Sorry to hear about Coleman...this could be a Wally Pip moment though.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
[/quote]
One last thing.. Hue called a great game. It's amazing how much better he is when players execute. It's a shame an otherwise very well called game for him is going to be defined by that debacle at the end of the first half which, I've been seeing, wasn't even his fault. [/quote]

Why are people defending a coach who is 1-24? Even if he didn't call that play he's the head coach and is accountable for what his team does. If I was the owner he would be fired at the end of the season.

Browns are a bad team so they are not going to get most of the calls.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

Who is Banner??? and what did I say about him???

Banner is the RT that replaced Coleman. You didn't say anything. I guess he was OK, but I think Coleman has turned into a very nice RT for us.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
j/c

Agreed.
100%.

My mantra this year has been:
'The Browns are presently 2/3 of an NFL team, and are still under construction.'

I'll be totally impressed with Jimmy if he leaves stuff alone this time. Sure will be uncharted territory for him if he does.

WSU Willie & Clem.....there is a Dawgtalkers island (albeit small) of Browns fans that want the HC and FO to stay. You're more than welcome to join me. rofl

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
#coaching

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think that island is as small as you think it is. It's just that some of us don't see the sense in debating it on a consistent basis.

Besides, who put you in charge of the damned island? lol

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
#coaching

And questioning coaching on a given play equates to not wanting someone to stay? Ok, got it. rofl

Making terrible broad stroke assumptions on people's posts again, are we?

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't think that island is as small as you think it is. It's just that some of us don't see the sense in debating it on a consistent basis.

The Lollipop Club; Memphis is the resident Ambassador. Heck, he could be King...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

The Lollipop Club; Memphis is the resident Ambassador. Heck, he could be King...

*LOL* ... that was great ....

Just so u know ... the org structure looks like this ...

President - WSU Willie

VP - Ballpeen

Crap .. theres a CFO and a head of HR ... can’t remember who filled those positions ... so feel free to put him in one of those positions if you’d like .... rofl ....

M
Legend
Legend
M

In charge? Sashi and Hue, of course. Their livlihood depends on it.

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

*LOL* ... that was great ....

Just so u know ... the org structure looks like this ...

President - WSU Willie

VP - Ballpeen

Crap .. theres a CFO and a head of HR ... can’t remember who filled those positions ... so feel free to put him in one of those positions if you’d like .... rofl ....

Looks like we will need a new regime in 2 years again rofl

B
Legend
Legend
B
How long can you quit pretending that wins and losses aren't important?

Juat saying

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Juat saying

Are you saying you want the FO fired?

Legend
Legend

Juat saying

At a minimum, for the rest of this season I can comfortably declare that Wins & Losses are not as important as growth & development of players and the team chemistry as a whole - as it should be.

I think that I'll feel different next September, however.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Fire nobody right now.

We need to give them at least one more season. If we are going through and seeing the same crap a year from now, somebody - and maybe everybody, has to go.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Legend
Legend
D
As long as u can keep pretending that a COMPLETE TEAR DOWN is going to be judged solely by wins and losses in year 1 of the re-build ....

thumbsup

Willie ... give the man a GREAT BIG BUETIFUL LOLLIPOP ... naughtydevil

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E

Juat saying

For years we would have losing season after losing season and many dawgs would complain that we would win meaningless games and ruin our draft status...some of the same posters. Note I don't know the list but ASSuming some are the same. Are complaining that we are not winning a meaningless game.

Don't get me wrong. I will always cheer when we win our last 4 games (Mangini) and say screw the draft order.

Now as for wins. Peen this is a good team and we got very good coaching. For the life of me I don't know why we don't win some of these games. Seems the worst will happen at the wrong time. Always! Even our injuries. Joe Thomas, Kizer this week as we were rolling. And it was the correct call by Hue.
Just the wrong personnel in for that play (Njoku should not have been that guy) but I doubt they are rotating the personnel in due to the play call (obviously there are packages for situations). But Kizer gets killed and we lose all the momentum we have. Kessler gets the kitchen sink thrown at him and he can't move and just had no chance. We lose.

Every week its something.

I don't see us having the weakest team in talent. Most of our good talent is young that is true.

We definitely need a QB to step up.

Hue if you ask me is teaching Kizer so I'm thinking possibly he is the QB whisperer. His play calling is good our execution is not that good.

Example first play with Drango as the starter we go and call a screen pass to the left. Goes unnoticed as a brilliant call as the opponent had an over load on our left side. Plays like that should end up in a TD. They just don't.

We drive to the Red Zone but now there is no vertical field and Kizer cannot see the field properly he just sees congestion.
Someday it will come. This week till the knockout he actually was getting it!

I know I'm a Homer so my optimism is poo poo'd as if it has no merit. But I'm telling you, winning one game could have a Pandora's Box situation where - Boom it just happens frequently. Why I wish us to win our next game although we will lose the good pick. Luckily we got the Texans who might provide us with that pick!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Why are people defending a coach who is 1-24?

Because I don't think it is his fault.

Quote:
Even if he didn't call that play he's the head coach and is accountable for what his team does.

He took responsibility, even if it wasn't his fault. He didn't ask to have the youngest team in the NFL every year, relying on a ton of first and second year players to win... but that's what he got.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
He didn't ask to have the youngest team in the NFL every year, relying on a ton of first and second year players to win... but that's what he got.

At the same time, Hue knew what he signed up for when he took the job. He wasn't oblivious to the path the organization was taking.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
He didn't ask to have the youngest team in the NFL every year, relying on a ton of first and second year players to win... but that's what he got.

At the same time, Hue knew what he signed up for when he took the job. He wasn't oblivious to the path the organization was taking.

I don't know what Hue thought he was signing up for, I really don't. I doubt he thought they were going to let decent vets walk and pass on top tier talent while trying to amass second and third round draft picks to build a team around.

In fact wasn't his quote at the beginning of last season something like, "I knew we would be young, I didn't know we would be THIS young."??

yebat' Putin
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Lions 38 What I saw Game 9

Link Copied to Clipboard