Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1354174 11/17/17 10:16 AM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
So Boston took down GS with kyrie playing like poo. Boston is a scary team. Their bench is trash, but that starting 5 is good, plus their defense is amazing...held GS to 88 points...almost unheard of. Boston's offense isn't that great, but defense is what will win a championship. They still have a ton of assets. The more I look at this trade, how dumb was Altman to help the team that was chasing us?

Oh well,nothing to do about it now. Have a few games coming up at home, be nice to keep this little roll going..Defense still has miles to go, hopefully playing at home will get them going. My biggest concern outside of defense right now is Lue running Lebron into the ground, you can't sit here and say you are built for playoffs yet run your best player into the ground during the regular season. Leading the nba in minutes in your 15th season is a very huge coaching issue.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think that game was more of GS just not shooting well as opposed to Boston completely locking down on defense. ( Maybe a combination of the two )

Boston definitely took that game more seriously than the Warriors did.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
No, that was Boston imposing their will, they are the #1 defense in the NBA. They def.came to play, came back from 17 down to win

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
It's so easy to score against the Cavs. Can't believe Zizic isn't getting any playing time.

Crowder doesn't even try. Looks like he's homesick. I know his mom recently passed. He doesn't seem like he wants to be in Cleveland. He's really been awful.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Crowder has been fine. He is a role player and his fulfilling that role.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
It's so easy to score against the Cavs. Can't believe Zizic isn't getting any playing time.

Crowder doesn't even try. Looks like he's homesick. I know his mom recently passed. He doesn't seem like he wants to be in Cleveland. He's really been awful.

Crowder been horrible, but man love at the 5 doesn’t work, he’s a big reason we are the worst defense in the nba. It’s amazing how we struggle against horrible teams

R
Legend
Legend
R
Cavs spend every game having to come back.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Cavs spend every game having to come back.

They don’t have a consistent player outside of lebron, Lue doesn’t help. His “sets” blow. The offense is all individual effort. And defensively they switch everything and create mismatches for themselves

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Man how did they not call that nut kick

V
Legend
Legend
V
Cavs must be losing. lead and Rish are posting.

Can't wait until the two of them make every single post on two pages like they did on the last thread.

lead: Cavs are trash.

Rish: Cavs were stupid to trade Kyrie.

lead: Lue doesn't have a clue about rotations.

Rish: The Cavs are old and slow.

lead: LeBron is a punk and no one is afraid of him.

Rish: I want to have Kyrie's children.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

That whole post was awesome but you closed on a super high note with this.

I'm still laughing. Well played.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Cavs must be losing. lead and Rish are posting.

Can't wait until the two of them make every single post on two pages like they did on the last thread.

lead: Cavs are trash.

Rish: Cavs were stupid to trade Kyrie.

lead: Lue doesn't have a clue about rotations.

Rish: The Cavs are old and slow.

lead: LeBron is a punk and no one is afraid of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAjt3H62rDw

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Vers: TT is the reason we won a ring, totally worth 14million a year, I want to have his babies. Go away dude. You are a whiny child that provides nothing and nothing but drama follows you

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks............and I was just joking. Kinda like the post you made about Diam that I thought was so hysterical. Of course, yours was far superior to mine. One of the best I ever read and Diam thinks so, too.

Again, I was just playing.......it was meant to be fun....just like the "fat" joke in a previous thread that flipped people out. All but you.

When I say......."all but you," I mean you actually thought it was funny. I thought that was cool.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 11/17/17 10:14 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks lead. One thing for sure............you never "whine." rofl

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
If rivers Dad wasn’t the coach he’d be playing in a rec league

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
If rivers Dad wasn’t the coach he’d be playing in a rec league

He's really bad.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
We are missing a pg desperately

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Between love and Frye the rim is always open, we need a big. No idea why we aren’t playing zizic

R
Legend
Legend
R
Between love and Frye the rim is always open, we need a big. No idea why we aren’t playing zizic

Now would be the best time to play Zizic because these games are all 50/50 games anyway. Get the guy some experience. Could pay off later.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L

Now would be the best time to play Zizic because these games are all 50/50 games anyway. Get the guy some experience. Could pay off later.

Same thing with Osman, it’s stupid not to give them some minutes early, especially with all the injuries

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Stand and reach defense

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
LAC wants to give the game to us, we need to oblige

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
When rivers takes you off the dribble you suck

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Griffin is his best defender

R
Legend
Legend
R
Wade should have finished that.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Wade should have finished that.

He missed a ton of layups tonight. Love I’m not sure can ever hit one. We miss a lot of those bunnies

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Be nice for a korver barrage right about now

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Lebron and FT is no bueno

Legend
Legend
lol. Who's guarding JR? They don't know!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Jr with the invisibility cloak

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Love is best playing that stretch 4

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
They are sonmuch better when they are loose and having fun. Hasn’t been a lot of that this year

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
They just can’t seem to maintain intensity

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Fun game, be nice if they weren’t always playing from behind. Lebrons minutes are getting out of hand

Legend
Legend
These last few games have been a blast to watch. Can't get more entertaining than this.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Fun game, be nice if they weren’t always playing from behind. Lebrons minutes are getting out of hand

I think one of two things have to happen to get back to the Finals. One, IT has to fit in quickly and be a dependable second scorer...sometimes lead scorer. Two, the Cavs experience proves to be too much for the Celtics inexperience come playoff time.

The only way the Cavs can win it all is if the Warriors don't come out of the West or there is an injury to Durant or Curry. Still a long season.

As much as I want to have Kyries baby I do think the Celtics are a bit of fools gold. They miss a ton of shots. Defense keeps them in it and Kyrie is a closer, but I think those inefficiencies on offense will start leading to losses.

Cavs need to start playing Zizic. I would even start him. Zizic, Love, LeBron, JR, and Calderon. I can't believe I'm saying start Calderon, but he's not going to do anything boneheaded and he can somewhat calm everything down and keep the game slow and from getting too sloppy. Bring Crowder off the bench. See if he can start feeling his way on the team with the second unit. A second unit comprised of Wade, Green, Crowder, and Korver is pretty decent. They're just so old.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Been thinking about the Cavs and next year. I think a key to LeBron sticking around is the Cavs getting younger. They will need to get younger to compete with Boston and Philly. May not matter this year, but it will starting next year.

How do the Cavs go about doing that?

They can stand pat and make the Brooklyn pick. But that kid is going to be a rookie when lebron is 34 years old. What are realistic options they can leverage that pick for someone this year and who might that someone be?

Based on all the talking Rich Paul and Maverick Carter have been doing lately I'm pretty sure LeBron will stay if he believes the Cavs can win. But the only way this roster has a shot beyond this year is young, not completely inexperienced talent. How do they accomplish that?

Pipe dream scenario...its not going to work in OKC with the OK3. Instead of joining forces in LA, LeBron convinces George to sign here. Cousins tells NO he won't reup there. Flip Love and and Brooklyn pick for Cousins. I'm not an expert on if that trade would even work so I don't know if that's possible but if the Cavs don't have some type of grand plan brewing, this is the last hoorah.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Been thinking about the Cavs and next year. I think a key to LeBron sticking around is the Cavs getting younger. They will need to get younger to compete with Boston and Philly. May not matter this year, but it will starting next year.

How do the Cavs go about doing that?

They can stand pat and make the Brooklyn pick. But that kid is going to be a rookie when lebron is 34 years old. What are realistic options they can leverage that pick for someone this year and who might that someone be?

Based on all the talking Rich Paul and Maverick Carter have been doing lately I'm pretty sure LeBron will stay if he believes the Cavs can win. But the only way this roster has a shot beyond this year is young, not completely inexperienced talent. How do they accomplish that?

Pipe dream scenario...its not going to work in OKC with the OK3. Instead of joining forces in LA, LeBron convinces George to sign here. Cousins tells NO he won't reup there. Flip Love and and Brooklyn pick for Cousins. I'm not an expert on if that trade would even work so I don't know if that's possible but if the Cavs don't have some type of grand plan brewing, this is the last hoorah.

yeah we don't have many options. We are also saddled with some horrible contracts that almost make them untradeable like TT, Shump and JR. But if winning matters that much to lebron, going to LA doesn't really make much sense...Ball is meh, and the rest of the young guys are JAGs, he won't make it out of the west the rest of his career. Staying here makes the most sense, but he needs to commit to atleast 3 years, allow the FO to work knowing Lebron's status is set. I believe Lebron has hurt this team and what we are able to do because of his refusal to commit to anything. We have some decent pieces and EVERYTHING centers on what IT is like. If he's good then you use the pick on a big, if he sucks, you get a PG. Guys like PG13 and CP3 are all upgrades and available next year. OKC looks like a bad fit for everyone right now...there might be a shakeup there in the offseason if they don't turn it on.

I agree on Zizic, you can't tell me he's worse than what we have defensively at the 5...its just not possible as we are ranked dead last in just about every defensive category. I'll go one step further and say I'd like to see Osman and Holland some as well. Shumpert might be the worst PG i've ever seen, Play calderon, he atleast knows what he can and can't do. I think my biggest issue besides the lack of defense, is Lue's roster managemet. Particularly the way he's riding lebron in losing efforts. 32, 15th season, more minutes than anyone in history and he's leading the league in minutes. In then in the next breath says we're playing for June. I'd rather take some lumps before the ASB and get some guys PT and lebron rest and maybe you find a gem that can help you later. Atleast you aren't playing lebron 40 minutes a game...plus he's been dealing with the ankle.

Speaking of roster, with rose out 2 more weeks, I'm surprised we haven't brought someone in. Dwill is still free, Lawson, Burke. Any of those are better than what we currently have. Its just adding more duties to Lebron, who while a great passer, he's not a great PG, he's got below average handles and turns it over alot when asked to do it. He's much better having the offense run through him on the wings or post. Besides, why make your team weaker by asking him to do it. PG's aren't that hard to find for what we use them for. Kind of a mixed bag for me. Or maybe IT is closer than we've been lead to believe. Even so, I can't imagine IT coming back without some kind of minutes restriction for atleast a month.

Legend
Legend
so....the sixers just put up a 47 point 1st quarter on the warriors.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs Continued.....again

Link Copied to Clipboard