D
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Ex-Warriors Purcell, Ilaoa agree to NFL deals

By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer
Former University of Hawaii football players Melila Purcell III and Nate Ilaoa today agreed to four-year contracts with the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles, respectively.

Purcell, a defensive end who was picked by the Browns in the sixth round, will receive a signing bonus of $87,250. The total value of the contract is worth between $1.7 million and $2.3 million.

Ilaoa, a running back who was the Eagles' seventh-round pick, will earn a signing bonus of $45,000. His contract is valued between $1.7 million and $2.2 million.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Jul/21/br/br6829503471.html

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I guess they see something in this kid, who knows?

Can't wait to check everyone out at the first training camp day!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Rookie
Rookie
Go get um Mel!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
On a sidenote, they are not Browns, but I'll be pimping Alama-Francis and Ilaoa as much as possible. The Browns got a guy from Hawaii, just not the right one!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

On a sidenote, they are not Browns, but I'll be pimping Alama-Francis and Ilaoa as much as possible. The Browns got a guy from Hawaii, just not the right one!!

i agree with that statement 100% Nasti Nate will be a force to recon with... he reminds me a lot of a young Jerome Betis... in fact... for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/v/3JMq0FLpb9I

I love the way he runs...

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
2 down 5 to go

oioioioi
All Pro
All Pro
What 123 said. Its good we are getting them signed but I want Wright and Thomas in camp on time bad.

[Linked Image from img.villagephotos.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, this is a start. Hopefully it starts to snowball through tomorrow. I really want Wright and Thomas to get in there.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
2 down 5 to go.

C'mon Quinn...get in on this QB mix...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ehh, I don't care so much if #10 makes it or not...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c

Well, glad to hear at least SOME news on our rookies. Hopefully there's a flurry of activity for us soon.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
J/C

I posted another article a moment ago and in it, it says that Quinns agent is in town today (sunday)... Who know what will happen now.

Anyway,, another one in..Good!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Makes sense that he would be in camp in time; now that Chase Pittman also has signed and the two will be competing for a either a backup or PS position on the team. JMHO

B
Legend
Legend
B
I like Pittman. I think he will surprise people and play more than a minor role.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm glad he signed ON TIME so we can see how he does in pads... i have a feeling though that only Pittman will actually make the team... i've been wrong before though...

can't wait til camp starts... my guy is gonna tear it up.. naw.. not Purcell.. im talking about the RB from Wake Forest... CHRIS BARCLAY!!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wanted Nate in a Browns Uniform in the worst way ! .. Oh well ! .. Love the way he plays the Game ..

Legend
Legend
I like him now too since I found out he is kinda in my extended family. I still think he will end up on the PS.

He Tab, not to rub it in (that's exactly what I'm doing ) but he is here to plat DE and not LB. He is suppose to be 285.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You think? What do you see in him?

I know that the LSU line did an awesome job last season, but I don't know how much of that was his doing and he really needs to gain some weight.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

He Tab, not to rub it in (that's exactly what I'm doing ) but he is here to plat DE and not LB. He is suppose to be 285.

Yes, I now do remember that's what the intentions were. But, he's going to have to add some bulk and I hope he does have that quickness that he showed in college. I stand corrected, thank you.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I can't see Syndric Steptoe holding out. Brandon McDonald also should be inking the dotted line along with Steptoe on either Monday or Tuesday.

Then it's the top 3 to go, with Wright and Thomas most likely to be signed next and BQ the last and most difficult because I think his agent will try to force the Browns to consider his potential and that the draft of demand and supply was not conducive to his position until it was really Miami's turn on the clock. I'm sure they will reach a slotted median position amount where both parties can save face and be contented.

So far, Brady's performance in the mini camps has not enhanced his so-called "promise of potential" so that the Browns are being squeezed to give in to any excessive demands by Brady's agent. JMHO

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I was talking to Eotab.

Yes, I now do remember that's what the intentions were. But, he's going to have to add some bulk and I hope he does have that quickness that he showed in college. I stand corrected, thank you.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

i agree with that statement 100% Nasti Nate will be a force to recon with... he reminds me a lot of a young Jerome Betis... in fact... for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/v/3JMq0FLpb9I

I love the way he runs...

OOOhhhhh, don't rub it in, I was secretly wanting him all the way, man he looked good. In fact, a lot of people on the board were also pimping him but, Savage is going to wait until next year to pick our new RB.

We don't have to play the Eagles this year do we?

Westbrook/Ilaoa? that could be deadly.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Melila Purcell signs 4 year deal

Link Copied to Clipboard