Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1358669 11/25/17 09:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
So are we just gonna ignore the fact that Kia has shot up in popularity here in America? They are absolutely everywhere.

Once again, a foreign brand has come here and taken over.

Kia tops J.D. Power initial quality survey. See how other cars rank

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car...tudy/103050990/

______

the list is dominated by foreign brands and expensive US brands:

11 Most Reliable Car Brands

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/most-reliable-car-brands

_______

Kia Ranks Highest for a Second Consecutive Year

Kia ranks highest in overall initial quality for a second consecutive year with a score of 72 PP100. Genesis (77 PP100) ranks second overall followed by Porsche (78 PP100). Ford and Ram (86 PP100) tie for fourth. Mini is the most improved brand, with owners experiencing 33 PP100 fewer problems than in 2016. Other brands with strong improvement include Ram (28 PP100 improvement), Acura (19), Volvo (18), and Ford (16).

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/articles/jd-power-studies/2017-us-initial-quality-study-results

_____________

I'm sorry, but this is embarrassing. For you "buy american first" people, please explain to me why people should spend money on inferior American products when the foreign brands are cheaper and more reliable?


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1358670 11/25/17 09:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
I just rented a Kia Soul to drive to Tampa and back.

It sucks.

Epically bad handling and can't accelerate worth a damn.

You couldn't pay me to buy a kia. They have some nice looking cars.

And sure they market to the hip young folk with their parachuting hamsters.

But no thanks.

I would buy a dodge anything over a kia.


No Craps Given
EveDawg #1358672 11/25/17 09:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
you ever drove a Serento?

smooth.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1358673 11/25/17 09:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
No.

But I have owned lots of Dodges.

Trucks and cars.

Dodge > Kia.


No Craps Given
EveDawg #1358674 11/25/17 09:53 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
but you don't represent the majority, according to the charts.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1358676 11/25/17 09:55 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
I strive to be unique. haha

My last 2 cars have been Mazda3s. Much love for mazda. I would buy that over a kia.

Mazda can at least get sporty right. Kia can't.


No Craps Given
Swish #1358677 11/25/17 09:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
When I leased my Civic I was stuck between the Elantra (parent company of Kia), Veloster (parent company of Kia), Soul (Kia), and a Honda Civic.

I jumped on to that Civic due to the great 180 a month lease deal, and the lease made more sense given my living situation during the summer.

My parents own an Optima, and my sister drives a Sportage. I love those vehicles, and I even thought about my own Optima for a bit.

Swish #1358678 11/25/17 09:58 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Lebron drives a Kia.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1358679 11/25/17 10:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Lebron gets paid to drive a Kia lol


No Craps Given
Swish #1358680 11/25/17 10:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
M
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
My wife bought a Sedona from Carmax about 6-7 years ago. An 06 with roughly 32k on the odometer.
She got the extended warranty for an extra $50 a month and we used it on just about everything EXCEPT the engine.

New transmission, new AC, water pump, alternator, suspension parts. You name it.

If we didn't have that, woulda lost our shirts keeping that thing on the road.

Still have it, just sunk around another $1k in the thing.


WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Swish #1358844 11/26/17 10:50 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850

Quote:
Once again, a foreign brand has come here and taken over.


and once again foreign brands also stink up the bottom of the list as well wink


Quote:
the list is dominated by foreign brands and expensive US brands:


But look who is not that expensive and is at number 4 yep that's my BUICKS and the Lacrosse scores a perfect 5 out of 5.

Like I have been telling you for the last few years buy a Buick nanner


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1358848 11/26/17 10:58 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Quote:
Once again, a foreign brand has come here and taken over.


and once again foreign brands also stink up the bottom of the list as well wink


Quote:
the list is dominated by foreign brands and expensive US brands:


But look who is not that expensive and is at number 4 yep that's my BUICKS and the Lacrosse scores a perfect 5 out of 5.

Like I have been telling you for the last few years buy a Buick nanner



Will do. Once my hair is gray, I’m wearing suspenders to hold up my shorts, while wearing black socks pulled up just below my knees, while standing on a shuffle board court in my retirement community in Bocca Raton, Florida.


[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1358849 11/26/17 10:59 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
My mother just bought an encore ... LOVE IT ... thumbsup




PortlandDawg #1358856 11/26/17 11:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Quote:
Will do. Once my hair is gray, I’m wearing suspenders to hold up my shorts, while wearing black socks pulled up just below my knees, while standing on a shuffle board court in my retirement community in Bocca Raton, Florida.


Which just tells me you have not driven a Buick lately. poke


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1358863 11/26/17 11:26 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Quote:
Once again, a foreign brand has come here and taken over.


and once again foreign brands also stink up the bottom of the list as well wink


Quote:
the list is dominated by foreign brands and expensive US brands:


But look who is not that expensive and is at number 4 yep that's my BUICKS and the Lacrosse scores a perfect 5 out of 5.

Like I have been telling you for the last few years buy a Buick nanner


lol i'm not buying a buick bro. i'll buy a minivan before i do that.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1358864 11/26/17 11:28 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Ok Mr soccer Mom brownie


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1358866 11/26/17 11:30 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Ok Mr soccer Mom brownie


i like my lattes from starbucks, spiked with vodka.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1358867 11/26/17 11:32 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
I like taking the other soccer moms for rides in my Buick naughtydevil

I am preparing for a career in Politics wink


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1358871 11/26/17 11:47 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
Will do. Once my hair is gray, I’m wearing suspenders to hold up my shorts, while wearing black socks pulled up just below my knees, while standing on a shuffle board court in my retirement community in Bocca Raton, Florida.


Which just tells me you have not driven a Buick lately. poke


I haven’t. Not enough trips planned to the hearing aide clinic or denturist for me to feel the need.
laugh


[Linked Image]
PortlandDawg #1359652 11/26/17 04:39 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Jc

With the twins on the way I need a full size, right now the finalists are the Acura mdx, Buick enclave, Ford explorer, and the new VW Atlas...

Still lots of research but I'll test drive some this weekend.


#gmstrong
gage #1359654 11/26/17 04:41 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
The Kia serento is a better buy over the exploder.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1359713 11/26/17 05:09 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Too small for three kids in car seats and three adults. Explorer almost a foot longer and I worry we'd be a bit on the cramped side with the Ford as it is.

Most SUVs lose their trunk space with third row up and we need that space for strollers / luggage / groceries.

I still don't know how I'm gonna deal with two newborns at once...

Last edited by gage; 11/26/17 05:09 PM.

#gmstrong
gage #1359720 11/26/17 05:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Sounds like you need a minivan


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1359724 11/26/17 05:27 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Just asking

But is part of the criteria value for the price?

Not sure ab0ut Kia too much, but when I was car shopping recently (ended up buying a Chevy Malibu) some of the Hyundais really caught my eye


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Swish #1359730 11/26/17 05:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Originally Posted By: Swish
Sounds like you need a minivan


My driveway is a quarter mile of gravel and in the winter gets really bad. Our neighbor shares part of our drive and almost rolled their Toyota minivan leaving the driveway. While an extreme case, I would like six or more inches ground clearance because the snow and ice sits until spring.


#gmstrong
gage #1359766 11/26/17 06:04 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
Sounds like you need a snow plow.


[Linked Image]
PortlandDawg #1359774 11/26/17 06:07 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433


Or one of these!

PortlandDawg #1359778 11/26/17 06:09 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Sounds like you need a snow plow.


I have an arians snow blower, but there's limited options with gravel. You can't get down to the road surface or else you start tossing rocks smile

For the Cadillac I have blizzaks so I'm not at all worried. And while I'm not against a minivan the wife is adamant against one, so gotta work with what I got smile


#gmstrong
gage #1359814 11/26/17 06:46 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Originally Posted By: gage
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Sounds like you need a snow plow.


I have an arians snow blower, but there's limited options with gravel. You can't get down to the road surface or else you start tossing rocks smile

For the Cadillac I have blizzaks so I'm not at all worried. And while I'm not against a minivan the wife is adamant against one, so gotta work with what I got smile



sounds like you need to move.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1360090 11/27/17 12:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
I know you were somewhat tongue in cheek, but why would I move? Eventually I will asphalt or concrete up the driveway, it's just not a priority at the moment. Besides I'm somewhat overselling the driveway treachery, as I drove my Viper up and down it without scraping or other issues.

I'd be super sad if I had to move. We got this house for an amazing deal. The Tuscarawas river weaves through our property, I have a pool table, darts, and a 120" screened projector in my basement. It's not without it's complications, as the car hunt has attested, but nothing worth doing is ever easy!

Last edited by gage; 11/27/17 12:17 AM.

#gmstrong
PortlandDawg #1360097 11/27/17 12:54 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,186
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,186
Damn.

Late to the party, as usual.

This thread has been a blast to read. Laffs aplenty. The only think missing is the table, beers all around, and a bigass basket of hot wings.

I'm the homeboy who got to the pub late.


banghead
rofl


"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Clemdawg #1360105 11/27/17 01:20 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,433
I mean if you didn't entertain the 1% every single night...

tongue

Clemdawg #1360115 11/27/17 06:46 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Quote:
The only think missing is the table, beers all around, and a bigass basket of hot wings.

I'm the homeboy who got to the pub late.


It's almost 6 AM. I got the table, beer, and hot wings taken care of (hey a guy needs breakfast to start his day off right) I need to hurry up and finish off this case of beer, or I am going to be late for the lunch special at the Pub down the street.




and yes I will be driving there in my BUICK. Somebody please call me later and remind me to pick up something for that Portland kid so he has something for show and tell tomorrow before he has some milk and takes a nap with the other kids.


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Swish #1360116 11/27/17 07:03 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
BTW it looks like not many people in america want to buy your BMW's or your Kia's grin

https://www.statista.com/statistics/204354/us-light-vehicle-sales-in-september-2011-by-company/


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1360127 11/27/17 08:41 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
I test drove the current/last gen buick enclave. Interior felt very dated. The new 2018 looks much sharper and in line with my Caddy. Yet I am not buying a new car for my 3 Rugrats smile


#gmstrong
GMdawg #1360134 11/27/17 09:26 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
P
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,903
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
The only think missing is the table, beers all around, and a bigass basket of hot wings.

I'm the homeboy who got to the pub late.


It's almost 6 AM. I got the table, beer, and hot wings taken care of (hey a guy needs breakfast to start his day off right) I need to hurry up and finish off this case of beer, or I am going to be late for the lunch special at the Pub down the street.




and yes I will be driving there in my BUICK. Somebody please call me later and remind me to pick up something for that Portland kid so he has something for show and tell tomorrow before he has some milk and takes a nap with the other kids.


It’s 6am? Well at your age that means you’ve been up for a couple hours. Right? Lunch is at 10:30am. Dinner at 4:30pm. Of course after your mid day nap on the couch while watching the Price is Right. Now when do you drive that boat you call a car make sure you put those big plastic sunglasses over your other glasses so you don’t have a glare. Also, don’t forget to stop for your prescriptions, I hear Walgreens is have a sale on jumbo packs of black socks, on your way to get me something for show and tell.


[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1360153 11/27/17 09:49 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
I got some coloring books, crayons and play doh to contribute for their SAFE SPACE ...

I’ve heard Swish needs some more also .. can u swing by his safe place and drop some off with his name on it ...

Your a good man ... thanks bro ... thumbsup




Swish #1360158 11/27/17 09:53 AM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
Kia have a couple cars that look ok, but I could never own one, just feel cheap to me, the only one i might possibly, gun to head consider is the new Stinger. My step dad was an FI manager for 20+ years at a GM dealership and his personal car was a Regal, you couldn't pay me enough to drive a buick, they scream old person regardless of what the tv ads and peyton manning says lol. My neighbor has a Buick Equinox..err. encore..lol. They need something in the sport class. They used to be great with the old GN and GNX. They had a chance with the Regal GS and while it looks better for sure in the 2018 facelift, still a dog even with AWD, like 5.5 seconds 0-60 with only 310hp, they have the same engine making more power in other GM cars. You can get more out of a civic now for less. I always think of Buick as GM's version of Ford's Lincoln. I'd take a MKZ over the regal.


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
DiamDawg #1360160 11/27/17 09:55 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I got some coloring books, crayons and play doh to contribute for their SAFE SPACE ...

I’ve heard Swish needs some more also .. can u swing by his safe place and drop some off with his name on it ...

Your a good man ... thanks bro ... thumbsup


how does this have anything to do with the discussion?

are you that lost, or was this a recent thing going on?


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1360161 11/27/17 09:55 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,887
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,887
Originally Posted By: Swish
you ever drove a Serento?

smooth.


I had a 2012 Sorento. I thought it was less smooth than the Equinox. I also had to get a couple things replaced over the years in the car. Just left me with a feeling that some of the stuff in the car was cheap and low quality.

That being said, no problems with the power train whatsoever and we drove that thing over 120K miles.


Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Kia

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5