Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Any of you pick up Mario Odyssey?

We did. Having a lot of fun playing it so far!

You maange to have fun in your life?! Kidding tongue

I had no clue you guys owned a switch. My girlfriend is hooked on Splatoon, and she always encourages me to play Mario as of late.

Super Mario Odyssey is a blast! The hits on Switch keep coming.

Just curious, for those of you guys with switch, what's the percentage of how much you play on handheld, vs on tv?

O
Legend
Legend
O
willit,

Yeah. D2 is definitely getting stale much faster than D1 did. They removed most of the stuff that I cared about and kept me coming back for from D1 (grinding for THAT gun w/ the perks, armsdays, grinding for the best gear sets). I really liked the changes they made when I was getting into the games, but there's no incentive to keep playing once you beat the campaign and run the raid a couple times.

In general, playing with friends makes Destiny tons better, regardless if you're just starting out or have done everything already.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
It is. But the problem with that, my frieds are getting bored with it as well. Destiny has sooooo much potential and they just don't care to realize it. Seems to me bungie is just trying to get a billion dollars out the game, and dang the actual product. THey made mistakes with D1 when it came out, and corrected them over time. Then they released D2 with even more mistakes that D1 had a launch time. lol

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Any of you pick up Mario Odyssey?

We did. Having a lot of fun playing it so far!

You maange to have fun in your life?! Kidding tongue

I had no clue you guys owned a switch. My girlfriend is hooked on Splatoon, and she always encourages me to play Mario as of late.

Super Mario Odyssey is a blast! The hits on Switch keep coming.

Just curious, for those of you guys with switch, what's the percentage of how much you play on handheld, vs on tv?

I play mostly on TV, probably 75% but it's nice if my wife or son want the TV, or if I want to play somewhere that's not the living room, it takes 30 seconds to grab it and go. If you take the charger, it's easy to travel with though I've never done it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When I first got it I played mostly on TV (picked up a 2nd dock so I was able to play on TV in the basement and the living room). I would play handheld sometimes at night in bed. Maybe 70/30 TV to Handheld.

Later in the year we had our second child and my handheld time has increased to probably 80/20 Handheld to TV due to circumstance.

I prefer TV mode because I like the Pro controller and the standard home console use, however the handheld is fantastic and having that freedom to play a console game wherever/whenever you want, especially having a family, is great.

Eat it Phil...
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
FYI, my wife got a me an original Mike Tysons Punch Out for my Nintendo as an exmas present. So excited!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
FYI, my wife got a me an original Mike Tysons Punch Out for my Nintendo as an exmas present. So excited!!
I got the SNES classic thing ... man, that was an awesome gift!! Old school Mario for days now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Can anyone give me a D to stop the run in Madden? I cant stop it online to save my life.

Does anyone else play Fortnite? The first time I saw my daughter play it I thought it was the dumbest game ever, but now I cant stop playing it.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Can anyone give me a D to stop the run in Madden? I cant stop it online to save my life.

Is this against the personnel or just in general? Are you using the predict a play beforehand? Stopping the run is a lot harder this game, but using the safe tackle and L2 has helped me a bit.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Just in general. Tried the 4-4, with the outside LB’s playing the flats, the nickel with the DB’s playing the flats. It just seems like the outside is always impossible to defend.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
It's been quite awhile since I've contributed to this thread, and its strange because the older I get the more it feels like I have less time for video games and that type of enjoyment. So when I do have time to just let go and not worry about responsibility or something serious its a treat.

About a year ago I bought NBA 2K17 on the heels of the Cavs winning the championship and played with the cavaliers, had a great time with the game and liked it a lot. I've never been the biggest basketball person in the world but have enjoyed watching the Cavs over the years so I picked up the game and it was awesome. Fast forward to late in the 2017 year I am still playing the game and got frustrated for consistent play in the franchise mode and having to consistently adjust the sliders for something more realistic.

It was at that point I started looking at NBA Live 18 and caught up on YouTube reviews from people saying the game was good, that it was close or had overtaken 2K which is a feat itself. I got on the playstation store a few days before X-MAS and noticed the entire game was on sale for $9.99. That was an incredible deal so I pulled the trigger and purchased the game.

So far its been everything I've wanted and more, been one of the funnest gaming experiences I've ever had. Creating an NBA player in the "One" game mode, grooming him, playing each game off the bench, grinding, and eventually becoming a started has been just great. The game is refreshing as I've been playing just 2K for a while and normally wouldn't really upon EA producing anything of lasting memory in recent years but I think they've got it right with NBA Live 18, that they've listened to the players and taken into account people's opinions to make the game better. Anyone that is pure 2K and hasn't played NBA Live in a few years I would recommend them to give it a try for a fun time!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
S
Legend
Legend
S
I made Pi-Carts for my nephews, niece, and even my dad for Christmas. They're all playing it. Was a cool gift and nice that I could make something for them instead of just buying something or just giving a gift card.

I start my new job on Tuesday, and so my cash flow will be much better. I think I am going to buy Horizon.

I have a small list of games that I still want to buy and Horizon is at the top right now.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
It's been quite awhile since I've contributed to this thread, and its strange because the older I get the more it feels like I have less time for video games and that type of enjoyment. So when I do have time to just let go and not worry about responsibility or something serious its a treat.

About a year ago I bought NBA 2K17 on the heels of the Cavs winning the championship and played with the cavaliers, had a great time with the game and liked it a lot. I've never been the biggest basketball person in the world but have enjoyed watching the Cavs over the years so I picked up the game and it was awesome. Fast forward to late in the 2017 year I am still playing the game and got frustrated for consistent play in the franchise mode and having to consistently adjust the sliders for something more realistic.

It was at that point I started looking at NBA Live 18 and caught up on YouTube reviews from people saying the game was good, that it was close or had overtaken 2K which is a feat itself. I got on the playstation store a few days before X-MAS and noticed the entire game was on sale for $9.99. That was an incredible deal so I pulled the trigger and purchased the game.

So far its been everything I've wanted and more, been one of the funnest gaming experiences I've ever had. Creating an NBA player in the "One" game mode, grooming him, playing each game off the bench, grinding, and eventually becoming a started has been just great. The game is refreshing as I've been playing just 2K for a while and normally wouldn't really upon EA producing anything of lasting memory in recent years but I think they've got it right with NBA Live 18, that they've listened to the players and taken into account people's opinions to make the game better. Anyone that is pure 2K and hasn't played NBA Live in a few years I would recommend them to give it a try for a fun time!
I almost purchased Live last night. So funny I see your post today. I looked up videos of live and the thing that stood out to me was the graphics looked really bad compared to 2K. Your thoughts?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Just in general. Tried the 4-4, with the outside LB’s playing the flats, the nickel with the DB’s playing the flats. It just seems like the outside is always impossible to defend.

Try playing while controlling a safety would be my best advice. Madden doesn't realize that they should be secondary contain on running plays. I usually feint blitzes from the backfield and then bail out to the player's responsibility when I play.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I was playing 2K18 for the first time last night (or attempting to).

After 2 hours of the story mode, and only playing for about 10 mins of actual gameplay, I got bored.

I then switched to MyGM. I wanted to create a player and bring him in to build up, but alas, after an hour of trying to find out how to do that, I found a youtube video saying that 2K is not allowing create a players into MyGm. sighhhh.

So, its 11pm, I had been "playing" since 8pm, and FINALLY played my first game in MyGm.

At what point are these games getting too complicated? I love the graphics, I love the gameplay, I love the animations and motions. But when it takes you that long to get to the ACTUAL game, something is wrong. At this rate, NBA 2k87 will be out before I finish the first season.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If you play mycareer then you'll have to play online for the full experience. If you grind out for virtual currency then it'll take a long time to get to the 85 overall rank (the first max level). And if you take that 85 overall player to play in the regular season games then your player is just average. My 89 overall wing player has the skill level of Tobias Harris for example. Online though I can sink almost every 3 pointer. Also if you play online you get to avoid all the annoying cut scenes.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
If you play mycareer then you'll have to play online for the full experience. If you grind out for virtual currency then it'll take a long time to get to the 85 overall rank (the first max level). And if you take that 85 overall player to play in the regular season games then your player is just average. My 89 overall wing player has the skill level of Tobias Harris for example. Online though I can sink almost every 3 pointer. Also if you play online you get to avoid all the annoying cut scenes.
hmm, interesting. I thought online you just played against others and it didn't count to an online career.

im more old school, I typically don't like to play online w/ sports games. these dang kids are too good nowadays. then they talk smack like a sailor and I feel bad for cussing them out lol

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Still playing BF2. I have my Boba Fett character a level 27 with Death From Above, Intense Rocket Barrage and Jet Fuel Efficiency all maxed out.

I hear we'll have some content coming soon, Dice needs to get this game on the positive because it has potential to still be great, even with the horrible way they started. EA, hopefully anyway, has learned their lesson.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I got a new laptop.

It contains roughly 3 times the power of an Xbox 1 X. This churns out Just Cause 3 on max settings at 60+ FPS.

I'm blown away. PC Gaming is fun. I can't wait to build my own machine.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm blown away. PC Gaming is fun. I can't wait to build my own machine.

I've always wanted to build my own and try to get into PC Gaming. I just don't have anywhere to put it, and gaming on my laptop sucks.

Do people hook PCs up to their TVs or buy fancy monitors, just like PC Gaming of old?

Considering that I do very little gaming nowadays with friends sitting next to me (Madden/Shooting Split Screen), a PC looks more and more desirable.

Especially since I could get Occulus Rift with it.

I just don't have anywhere to put a desk, monitor, computer chair, and monitor at my condo.

Plus I'd have to sell my wife on this one. Cause if I'm spending like 2000$ on stuff to get me into PC Gaming, she'll certainly say she gets to spend 2000$ on whatever she wants too

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I spent around 1,000 on a prebuilt laptop system at BestBuy in Anchorage, Alaska.

It's cheaper to buy prebuilt systems these days; the whole bit-coin craze has driven up graphics card prices. The cards, in mass quantities, help mine the coins.

I would start with a RX 580 (8GB of VideoRAM) or 1060 GTX (6GB of VideoRAM) as a base level for a graphics card if you want to get wow'd.

Quote:
Do people hook PCs up to their TVs or buy fancy monitors, just like PC Gaming of old?

I'm sure most, if not all, systems feature a HDMI output. That's how I hook mine up to the TV when I want to play a game. You'll also need a HDMI port if you're looking to get into VR, too.

Quote:
Considering that I do very little gaming nowadays with friends sitting next to me (Madden/Shooting Split Screen), a PC looks more and more desirable.

I like it because you can get the prettiest looking versions of multi-platform games. You can also get games that lend themselves better to PC play with keyboard and mouse.

There's a few central clients (Steam, Origin, and Uplay) run by software companies where you can download all the games digitally.

Quote:
Especially since I could get Occulus Rift with it.

That was a consideration with my system. Most laptops won't come with enough USB ports for Oculus, but you can get enough hookups for the Vive. The vive has a better screen, but the Rift currently has the better controllers. Vive will soon have better controllers, a wireless headset, and still require less ports to hook stuff up to.

Quote:
I just don't have anywhere to put a desk, monitor, computer chair, and monitor at my condo.

That's why I got a laptop with a lap cushion for the laptop.

Quote:
Cause if I'm spending like 2000$ on stuff to get me into PC Gaming, she'll certainly say she gets to spend 2000$ on whatever she wants too

My rig only costs 1100...just take her on a vacation somewhere!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Quote:
Cause if I'm spending like 2000$ on stuff to get me into PC Gaming, she'll certainly say she gets to spend 2000$ on whatever she wants too

My rig only costs 1100...just take her on a vacation somewhere!

lol, I was figuring I'd need a desk, monitor, and chair as well

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 01/15/18 11:33 PM.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Picked up an used copy of Assassins Creed Origins on eBay yesterday. Tons of positive reviews including a lot of gameplay and huge world map to explore.

As an AC fan, I'm excited. This has been the only AC game outside the second one that I haven't preordered, but I was getting wary of the AC series but people are digging on it, so.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Picked up an used copy of Assassins Creed Origins on eBay yesterday. Tons of positive reviews including a lot of gameplay and huge world map to explore.

As an AC fan, I'm excited. This has been the only AC game outside the second one that I haven't preordered, but I was getting wary of the AC series but people are digging on it, so.

Let us know what you think once you get going on it, I'm curious as to what people think. When it comes to AC games, it's hard to trust video reviews, because Ubisoft has so much influence with the money they use to advertise their games.

I have Black Flag in my backlog. Everyone seems to agree that it's one of the best. AC2 is probably my favorite. AC3 was ok, good story but really tedious and annoying at times.

I had a bunch of Amazon cards from the holidays, but I didn't use them yet. I just finished my first week at my new job, and I treated myself to Horizon and South Park FBW. Can't wait to dive into these. I have a nice little backlog built up.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My new rig is treating me well.

I've been playing a bit of Cities: Skylines, Just Cause 3 (everything all maxed out at 60FPS!), and building roller coasters using NoLimits 2 Coaster Simulation.

I was up till around 1 in the morning building this:

S
Legend
Legend
S
Cities Skylines is such an amazing game

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Been on a PUBG kick lately, fun game minus the hackers.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I'll know soon, it's already at the local post office for delivery! One good thing about rocking a 100 MB/s internet is I can download the first updates/patches and etc when you first throw in a game disc quickly lol.

Use to get a game, be so happy to play after work just to find out you have two hours of downloading stuff before you can play the game!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let us know what you think once you get going on it, I'm curious as to what people think. When it comes to AC games, it's hard to trust video reviews, because Ubisoft has so much influence with the money they use to advertise their games.

I have Black Flag in my backlog. Everyone seems to agree that it's one of the best. AC2 is probably my favorite. AC3 was ok, good story but really tedious and annoying at times.

I had a bunch of Amazon cards from the holidays, but I didn't use them yet. I just finished my first week at my new job, and I treated myself to Horizon and South Park FBW. Can't wait to dive into these. I have a nice little backlog built up.

I agree. I'd like to know what you think. I plan on purchasing Origins in a couple months. I've just bought Nier: Automata and Nioh (two popular Japanese PS4 games), but after those I plan on diving into Wolfenstein, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, And Assassins Creed: Origins.

Oh, and now that Monster Hunter game looks kinda cool. Kinda wanna check it out. Not gonna pay like 60$ for it though while I have all these other games to play

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Black Flag is by far the best AC game. Its actually one of my favorite games in a long time - and I am not even a big AC fan.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Black Flag is by far the best AC game. Its actually one of my favorite games in a long time - and I am not even a big AC fan.

I had a great time with the most recent two.

Story-wise they were better IMO. Syndicate and Unity. Those games were fun. Industrial times London was badass. And Paris was a lot of fun too (although I hated the whole like time changing garbage)

I loved the pirate fighting in AC4, but the recent ones were lots of fun. I think I liked Syndicate more, but it's close

EDIT: The one thing I hate is the stupid back to present, youre in a simulation garbage. Don't bother. Just give us regular stories of the past. Soooo much better.

Does AC: Origins have that go back to the present day garbage?

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 01/30/18 03:19 PM.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

I had a great time with the most recent two.

Story-wise they were better IMO. Syndicate and Unity. Those games were fun. Industrial times London was badass. And Paris was a lot of fun too (although I hated the whole like time changing garbage)

I loved the pirate fighting in AC4, but the recent ones were lots of fun. I think I liked Syndicate more, but it's close

EDIT: The one thing I hate is the stupid back to present, youre in a simulation garbage. Don't bother. Just give us regular stories of the past. Soooo much better.

Does AC: Origins have that go back to the present day garbage?

So many people have this take, and I agree. I’d be fine if it were just short cut-scenes but at times it’s annoying and hard to follow.

How s is the overall gameplay for Syndicate. I may add that to my stack. The one great thing about AC games is that you don’t have to wait long for prices to come down.

I’m also super jacked for Far Cry 5. Preordered months ago. Looks like a lot of fun.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'd buy a pirate game that expanded on the ship combat of Black Flag, and used the explorative elements of Breath of The Wild.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How s is the overall gameplay for Syndicate. I may add that to my stack. The one great thing about AC games is that you don’t have to wait long for prices to come down.

I’m also super jacked for Far Cry 5. Preordered months ago. Looks like a lot of fun.

Syndicate is great. And it's cheap. Lots of fun. Two characters to play with (twins).

And Unity was great too if you haven't played it. That game's like 2 dollars on EBay with a download key if you have XboxOne

But yeah, the gameplay in syndicate is a lot of fun. There's gang fighting, and I feel like the combat system is superior. I definitely kicked a whole lot of butt in Syndicate. The weapons were cool too. WIth the guy, I'd use brass knuckles. With the girl, I used one of those knives that is cut down at hte middle with a bit of an angle. So it would be in the shape of a really wide v

It's like 10 dollars preowned on Ebay. Can't go wrong. But get Unity too (at least if you have xboxone). 2 dollars or so. Just play the main story. 2 bucks, why not

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I picked up Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition. Local Walmart had a ton of games on clearance and I got it there for the wallet breaking price of a BUCK.

It plays a lot like God of War - not too bad. Especially for a buck.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Assassins Creed Origins is by far a fun game. It has a very Witcher 3 feel, which was great and still the same ol' AC feel as' well.

Many hours in and there's a TON to do and I haven't grasped it all fully yet. The map is huge and I haven't got to 1/2 of it yet.

I picked up Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition. Local Walmart had a ton of games on clearance and I got it there for the wallet breaking price of a BUCK.

It plays a lot like God of War - not too bad. Especially for a buck.

Heck yeah, a buck!

O
Legend
Legend
O
I've jumped back into The Division. It's actually good, now!

Tons to do, even if you haven't picked up the DLC. They've done a ton of work on this game over the past couple years. It's pretty fun.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Can't say enough good things about Horizon Zero Dawn.. This game plays so freaking well.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I've jumped back into The Division. It's actually good, now!

Tons to do, even if you haven't picked up the DLC. They've done a ton of work on this game over the past couple years. It's pretty fun.

I feel like they waited far too long for the needed revamp. It was released far too early than it should've been and people moved on from it. Years it seems after it's released, they do this when it's long forgotten and in the back of everyone's minds?

Can't say enough good things about Horizon Zero Dawn.. This game plays so freaking well.

Oh yeah, great game! I really enjoyed that one.

More on AC since I have more playtime in. It's an Egypt setting. They brought back hunting (lots of different animals to hunt and get materials from), the combat is more challenging (a plus IMO), the content of this game is a large open world filled with a plethora of things, quest and etc to do outside of the "main" quest. The tombs aren't too hard to figure out if there's a puzzle, but so far I've explored a lot of them.

All in all, I wouldn't have been sad had I paid the full retail price for this game. I have no idea how they'll top this off with the next AC.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I cannot wait for Red Dead Redemption and Ace Combat to come out.

Ace is the only reason I have kept my PSVR this long. lol

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread, Part III

Link Copied to Clipboard