|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
Oh come on lol
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. OK This beholder will try to keep his mouth shut about your beauty, but damnit you need some new facebook photo's
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Oh come on lol
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. OK This beholder will try to keep his mouth shut about your beauty, but damnit you need some new facebook photo's Maybe someday lol. I really don't pay attention to facebook much. And the black wheels work because the windows are tinted. Every single person who has seen this car gets the drool face on. 
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188 |
Did u rake yet? ... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Did u rake yet? ... Haha No. I want to find somebody to do it. I don't rake. lol
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259 |
I have several acres of property and grass is on about 3 acres of it. The rest are large oak trees. I use a cyclone rake to suck up the leaves then dump them in the woods: 
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
That's cool.
I have a quarter acre. If I drove around on that, I would never hear the end of it from my neighbors lol
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259 |
oh yea, that's quite a bit different! I'm afraid I have no sage advice there then, other than a quarter of an acre should have fewer leaves 
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
Just blow them into your neighbors yard. 
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Rand Paul told me not to...
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399 |
Just blow them into your neighbors yard. Pretty sure Rand Paul already tried that and got the crap beat out of him.
yebat' Putin
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399 |
I have several acres of property and grass is on about 3 acres of it. The rest are large oak trees. I use a cyclone rake to suck up the leaves then dump them in the woods: I always pictured you with more hair.
yebat' Putin
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
Just blow them into your neighbors yard.
Pretty sure Rand Paul already tried that and got the crap beat out of him. I like Eve's chances a whole lot better than Rand's.
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188 |
Whats it pay and will u throw in mileage? ...  ...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Whats it pay and will u throw in mileage? ...  ... Rake my leaves, and I will take you for a ride in the Jag. 
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
you might get lumped into being a 1%er!!!  Not with a domestic Jag XE. Really nice, but still middle class. Some guy did come up to me in the parking lot and asked me if my car cost 80K. And I just laughed. Image > Reality lmao
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
This Jaguar XE is faster than mine. Um wow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iePeZxpvpTI&feature=youtu.beThis forum needs a drool face emoji. And I have now found the Jaguar XE forums. Y'all will never see me again. 
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,259 |
I wish I could look at cars like this... instead I'm settling for 7 seater SUVs. Not nearly as fun!
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Also, fwiw, you can only watch that video while simultaneously streaming jimi hendrix.
Pure ecstasy.
Just saying. For future reference.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
I wish I could look at cars like this... instead I'm settling for 7 seater SUVs. Not nearly as fun! You already had your fun. Otherwise you wouldn't need a seven seater SUV 
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
I wish I could look at cars like this... instead I'm settling for 7 seater SUVs. Not nearly as fun! You already had your fun. Otherwise you wouldn't need a seven seater SUV Not if it's because of in-laws.
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
It can't be. People only get their in-laws knocked up in West Virginia.
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
It can't be. People only get their in-laws knocked up in West Virginia. Arkansas
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Ok. So my impulsive side says I must race this car and put it through it's paces. There are a number of clubs that do track days at Road Atlanta. And this one has me intrigued: http://justtrackit.net/home/run-groups/Specifically the novice instructed group. Because I have no experience doing this. I only ever autocross raced which is completely different. So just wondering, have any of you ever attended track days? What was that like? Gathering info. I feel impulsive about this, and I know it won't hurt the car, but on the other hand something says this car is too pricey to race. So yeah. My wants v my brain saying don't do it.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
you need to take a course at the track to understand everything that goes into it, and you need to either rent or buy your own racing helmet.
For example, I needed to take a course and buy my own helmet at the mid Ohio track.
People lap their cars on tracks all the time. Now, the reason some people don’t do it is because insurance won’t cover you if you wreck, but there’s insurance for that.
If you just want to cruise around a track then don’t worry about it though.
When I bought the red bmw back in 2012, my boys and I went to the Nurembergring in Germany.
Best car day of my life.
You’re casual so just don’t go flying around corners at 80 or higher and you’ll be fine. If you want to actually take it seriously though.....we can talk.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Thanks.  I only want to do this once or twice. To see what it's like. That's it. I already own a helmet from autocross days.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145 |
Here's what you do, get yourself a PS4 and Asseto Corsa (the most realistic driving sim available for a console).
Practice on that for a bit and then you can become a real race car driver.
WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM my two cents...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
Simulated things generally aren't as good as real life things....
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
Simulated things generally aren't as good as real life things.... while true, simulations can give you a feel for what to expect out on the roads. for example, i literally learned to drive by playing Gran Turismo back on the original playstation and PS2. then when my dad taught me how to drive in real life, i was able to take some techniques and apply them once i actually had a feel for the car itself, as far as shifting, always looking ahead for hazards and open spots for emergency lane changes, etc. simulation games like that teaches you how to enter corners, drafting techniques, making sure you enter and exit the apex properly, when to break, when not to break, etc. those are all tools you can use not only in everyday driving (maybe not so much drafting lol), but when you hit the track as well.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
I used to have a racing simulator on PS. I forget what it's called. Then my ex-bf stole it. (ha)
It wasn't ever as fun or intense as going autocross racing.
I realize two different types of racing.
I guess I prefer actual track time and driving instruction from live people.
I'm not trying to become a race car driver.
I just want to see what the car can do.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
then you'll be really happy with what the jag can do!!
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,957
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,957 |
Thanks.  I only want to do this once or twice. To see what it's like. That's it. I already own a helmet from autocross days. Depending on how long ago your autocross days were, you probably want to check the Snell rating of your helmet. When I raced go karts (and yeah, it was real racing, and real competitive, etc - at real tracks, including Toledo Speedway), we'd often have our helmets inspected.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811 |
I used to have a racing simulator on PS. I forget what it's called. Then my ex-bf stole it. (ha)
It wasn't ever as fun or intense as going autocross racing.
I realize two different types of racing.
I guess I prefer actual track time and driving instruction from live people.
I'm not trying to become a race car driver.
I just want to see what the car can do. You going to get somebody that's a little lighter to take it out? I mean you shouldn't put that kind of handicap on it and expect good results. #alittlepayback
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
I used to have a racing simulator on PS. I forget what it's called. Then my ex-bf stole it. (ha)
It wasn't ever as fun or intense as going autocross racing.
I realize two different types of racing.
I guess I prefer actual track time and driving instruction from live people.
I'm not trying to become a race car driver.
I just want to see what the car can do. You going to get somebody that's a little lighter to take it out? I mean you shouldn't put that kind of handicap on it and expect good results. #alittlepayback Go look up scrawny in the dictionary. There you will see a picture of me. So who's gonna drive it? I don't let anorexic teenagers touch my car.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
The current state of the jag right now. I can't leave my house. Stuck.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811 |
That sucks! I hate snow/ice.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481 |
damn yall got snow too.
i took wifey's car today to get around.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
It's been snowing all day. This hardly ever happens here.
I love it.
But stuck.
The leaf removal people were supposed to come today.
That got cancelled haha.
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,145 |
Thanks.  I only want to do this once or twice. To see what it's like. That's it. I already own a helmet from autocross days. Depending on how long ago your autocross days were, you probably want to check the Snell rating of your helmet. When I raced go karts (and yeah, it was real racing, and real competitive, etc - at real tracks, including Toledo Speedway), we'd often have our helmets inspected. You raced karts?! My dad and I raced back in the early 80’s! Mostly Hasselback in Fremont. Went to Mid-Ohio and Lorain County Soeedway once too.
WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM my two cents...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,957
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,957 |
Yup, I did. Went to Fremont a lot - like, most Sundays. (Hasslback doesn't ring a bell though - was it just a tenth of a mile track?)
WEnt to Toledo Speedway a lot.
Went to Jackson Speedway quite a bit, and also some place in Adrian Michigan - Palmyra Speedway.
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Kia
|
|