Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It is all about energy independence for America, like back in the day. Beholden to no one.

We are just making America great again, like it once was.

Legend
Legend
So America is great when we dump hundreds of thousands of gallons on our own soil?

or are we great when we dump millions into the gulf of mexico? which part was the highlight of greatness?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Is that what I said? No.

If you can't read you should move to a country that...

Oh, God! willynilly

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
We produce more oil than Saudi Arabia and have for four years.

US Has Produced More Oil Than Saudi Arabia For 4 Straight Years [GRAPH]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/17/us-has...ht-years-graph/

Gas prices have been stable for years. There was no "need" for this pipeline except to line the pockets of oil companies. None.

And we were told this would happen. No need to use the bait and switch con game now.

It's not bait and switch.

The oil imported from the middle east is - get this - transported to the U.S. by ship. To refineries, most often the refineries in the southern U.S.

The oil we get ourselves is, for a large part - NOT on a waterway/ocean. Consequently, what's the best way to transport it to the refineries?

Semi?

Or, just build new billion dollar refineries near the oil?

And, like I said, everyone wants cheap energy - you too.

What's your answer?

Oh, one other thing as far as the "we were told this would happen" thing. If you drive a car, I'm telling you you might get in an accident.

Who cares if your desire to drive compels you to. Who cares if your need to drive compels you to. Just remember, it might happen.

Right?

Build a wind turbine - it might kill a bird.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
We produce more oil than Saudi Arabia and have for four years.

US Has Produced More Oil Than Saudi Arabia For 4 Straight Years [GRAPH]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/17/us-has...ht-years-graph/

Gas prices have been stable for years. There was no "need" for this pipeline except to line the pockets of oil companies. None.

And we were told this would happen. No need to use the bait and switch con game now.

Yep. And now we are letting the oil companies export again and gas is now creeping up. When they couldn't export it was creeping down! Now we are going to pump Canadian crude to our refineries for processing, risking our land and water for what exactly?

And another thing, do you know how many products are made from crude oil? Thousands! Why would we ever export our own and use somebody else's?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/partial-list-over-6000-products-made-from-one-barrel-oil-steve-pryor

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/20/17 08:08 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Oh, one other thing as far as the "we were told this would happen" thing. If you drive a car, I'm telling you you might get in an accident.

Who cares if your desire to drive compels you to. Who cares if your need to drive compels you to. Just remember, it might happen.

Right?

Build a wind turbine - it might kill a bird.

The odds of a pipeline spill were/are immensely higher than dying in a car accident.

The odds of the pipeline not spilling significantly were/are roughly the same as the current odds the Browns finishing 6-10 (using current Bovada odds for the Browns).

The comparison of dying in a car accident and a spill are ludicrous.

Here is Forbes in 2013 warning us about this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/...k/#37af597f3d2d

Here's a 2015 Harvard study on Keystone spill likelihood:

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/thrills-and-spills-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/

Here is a 2011 piece urging that Hillary Clinton was lying, and a large-scale spill was inevitable:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/29/keystone-pipeline-infographic_n_941069.html

2001, New York Times op-ed urging Hillary not to approve the pipeline:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/22/opinio...YrWsRMIhPll6ZuQ

A
Legend
Legend
A
Cool.

Answer the question though. I know you love dealing with negatives - but, what are YOU doing to cut back on demand for oil/energy?

See, that's the whole problem here. Everyone wants heat, everyone wants to drive, everyone wants instant access to electricity....heck, we can't survive with out it, right?

And everyone wants it cheap - just like they want to buy tv's for cheap, or appliances for cheap, or food foe cheap.

If demand wasn't there, no way it gets built.

Ship it from overseas.

Don't have the link right now, but I read the leak was from an old part of the pipeline. ? Maybe better monitoring would've/could've prevented this?

But, everyone wants paid more, so they can spend less buying, thereby improving their situation. I get it.

Here's the kicker: Everyone wants cheap energy for heat, for cooling, for their computers, hot tubs, cell phone charging, running lights all the time, driving, vacationing, nice big new fancy "efficient" homes, heated pools...........the list goes on and on.

Heck, schools that get built then turn around and say "we need more money for the operating budget because our energy efficient brand new school costs more to run than we realized it would."

Cut the demand - and bingo - problem solved.

But, we don't cut the demand - we increase the demand. And some have the nerve to say "see, I told you"?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You know, if we hooked those windmills up to huge diesel or coal fired generators we could keep those things spinning, 24/7, wind or no wind! thumbsup

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Cool.

Answer the question though. I know you love dealing with negatives - but, what are YOU doing to cut back on demand for oil/energy?

I got rid of my car last April, and switched my home over to partial solar. I've got a pump for the pool run on solar that also stores energy. Obviously doesn't churn out enough to run everything, but you can certainly see the difference in the utility bills. Raised the property value a tick as well.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
You know, if we hooked those windmills up to huge diesel or coal fired generators we could keep those things spinning, 24/7, wind or no wind! thumbsup

Al Gores there hero when it comes to this .... nuff said ... thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually it's more about people that ignored all of the warnings that led to a huge oil spill on our own soil. Al Gore is a whack job, but then again he has nothing to do with any of this.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There are approximately 3,000 ISIS fighters left in Iraq and Syria according to U.S. officials after reaching a height of nearly 40,000 fighters two years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11/27/russian-jet-buzzes-us-navy-spy-plane-in-black-sea.html

Winning! thumbsup

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
There are approximately 3,000 ISIS fighters left in Iraq and Syria according to U.S. officials after reaching a height of nearly 40,000 fighters two years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11/27/russian-jet-buzzes-us-navy-spy-plane-in-black-sea.html

Winning! thumbsup

The guy who thought Obama held a military coup because he copied and pasted it from an article has now copied and pasted another article blindly and now thinks ISIS has been nearly vanquished.

Tell us, 40 - what specific military plan took place to wipe out ISIS? And how is said plan a departure from previous operations?

Be specific and use your own words, if you can.

Legend
Legend
It’s always a nice play on stats that the right uses for gullible voters.

Let’s say the figures are true...which by the way, observe how the author frames it.

“Left and Iraq and Syria”.

Never mind that ISIS has expanded further out into the Middle East, as well as northeast Africa. And never mind the fact that it’s hard to estimate numbers because they aren’t a formal military.

Just an interesting way of framing it, imo

Anyway, the figures. If they are using the 2 year window, then that means the number of ISIS fighters started shrinking at a massive pace a full year left into Obama’s presidency.

Which means that once again, Fox News, briebart, and these gullible trump supporters would rather misled the public with these sorts of articles than ever give obama credit for anything. Because the same people who voted for trump are the same ones who believed the birther nonsense, so anything obama did was viewed as unconstitutional and illegal.

Do you remember pressing one of these posters about what policies trump enacted to help the economy? And no one answered?

We are going into December under obama era policies. And yet these sheep are somehow giving trump credit for doing nothing of significance. The same economy they are praising trump for is the same one that obama handed to him in the first place, yet when obama was president these fake ass trump supporters claimed that the numbers weren’t real.

The economy is running just fine according to trump supporters. And yet they refuse to thank obama.

Let me stop. Sorry for going on a rant.

I just watched a discussion about appropriation of different cultures and it just reminded me how these conservatives would rather drink acid than give a black man credit for anything major.

Last edited by Swish; 11/28/17 01:54 AM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I just watched a discussion about appropriation of different cultures and it just reminded me how these conservatives would rather drink acid than give a black man credit for anything major.

Benny Goodman: "The King of Swing."
...because Counts and Dukes were almost as good.

rolleyes

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
President Trump Donates Q3 Salary to HHS to Combat the Opioid Crisis

President Donald Trump has donated his third-quarter presidential salary to help the Department of Health and Human Services’ efforts to combat the opioid crisis, acting HHS Secretary Eric Hargan and the White House announced on Thursday.
“His decision to donate his salary is a tribute to his compassion, to his patriotism and his sense of duty to the American people,” acting HHS secretary Eric Hargan said during Thursday's White House press briefing.
Hargan said the money will be used in the planning and design of a large-scale public awareness campaign about the dangers of opioid addiction.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/30/pr...an-services-hhs

Thank you Mr.President thumbsup

Legend
Legend
A gesture I can get behind.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I still don't get all the fuss over Sheriff Andy Taylor's Grandson.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump signs $700 billion military budget into law

WASHINGTON-- President Donald Trump on Tuesday signed into law a sweeping defense policy bill that authorizes a $700 billion budget for the military, including additional spending on missile defense programs to counter North Korea's growing nuclear weapons threat.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/12/trump-signs-700-billion-military-budget-into-law.html

America thanks you Mr.President thumbsup

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump makes historic mark on federal bench in first year – and 2018 could be bigger

One of the most transformative years in the federal judiciary began with uncertainty and ends on a political high note for President Trump.

The White House, after winning confirmation for Neil Gorsuch to fill the Supreme Court seat held by the late conservative icon Antonin Scalia, has moved with record speed to fill vacancies on the lower federal courts – a surefire way for a president to help cement his legacy.

As of mid-December, 19 of Trump's 66 total nominees this year have been confirmed by the Senate.

By comparison, then-President Barack Obama had made only 26 choices – including Justice Sonia Sotomayor – half of whom were confirmed by mid-December 2009.

The impact under Trump is especially being felt on the appellate level, which could act as insurance of sorts if those judges are more inclined to support his policies as they face legal challenge across the country.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/...-be-bigger.html

Good Job President Trump! thumbsup

You Haters better hurry up in "getting Trump" because he is getting so much done in such a short amount of time.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Is it wrong or me to still feel the JOY in WINNING AGAIN ... is that wrong of me? ... rofl ....

Naaaaaaaaa...

Merry Christmas my friend!!!!

Great Job Donnie!!!!! ..... thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The TV news here won't stop.

Over the weekend they had some "political analyst" saying something to the effect of:

"Well, the Tax Bill will be Trump's only meaningful victory."

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well I guess they don't consider a right of center Supreme Court, all those new Conservative Federal Judges, a drastic rollback of red tape by eliminating unnecessary regulations that hold down business and job growth and a through the roof Stock Market with a growing economy to be anything.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

"Well, the Tax Bill will be Trump's only meaningful victory."

Well, so far it is. Time will tell.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Legend
Legend
D
Well I guess they don't consider a right of center Supreme Court, all those new Conservative Federal Judges, a drastic rollback of red tape by eliminating unnecessary regulations that hold down business and job growth and a through the roof Stock Market with a growing economy to be anything.

To be fair ....

- ISIS ... nuff said!!!! .... THANKS DONNIE

- Border Crossings are way down ... STEP # 1 ... thanks TRUMPSTER...

The list is ENDLESS ...

WOOOOHOOOOO ...

Thanks Donnie ...

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

- ISIS ... nuff said!!!! .... THANKS DONNIE

- Border Crossings are way down ... STEP # 1 ... thanks TRUMPSTER...

The list is ENDLESS ...

Screme rofl

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The winning do seem to be endless, don't she? thumbsup

The Man ain't even been in office a year yet.

If'n he does 8 years, we gonna have to rename Murica to Trumpia!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hey Diam where was you this weekend?

Me, Dawg Duty, Willit, Fish, GM and Riley spent a day having some fun in the woods and missed you but I filmed some of it for ya...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7wYTR4p6Y&list=RDuF7wYTR4p6Y

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Me, Dawg Duty, Willit, Fish, GM and Riley spent a day having some fun in the woods and missed you but I filmed some of it for ya...

uhhhhhm you brag about having a gardner and a housekeeper

I am calling BS on your wanna be mountain man claims

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O

More like deliverance than mountain monsters.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

More like deliverance than mountain monsters.
40s shore got a perty mouth

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We was huntin' sissy half men.

Only caught a couple, of course you already know how fast they can run with their tails tucked up between their legs.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 12/26/17 07:43 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
We was huntin' sissy half men.

Only caught a couple, of course you already know how fast they can run with their tails tucked up between their legs.

This coming from a guy who probably tapes his tail back and wears women's underwear to political rallies!

Legend
Legend
Wait does that mean I am a conservative again..... damn I'm so confused conservative, liberal, y'all make up your minds LOL

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I wish they’d grow up and stop making things personal. There is no way anyone can learn anything around here with all this childish my dog is bigger than your dog nonsense.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Wait does that mean I am a conservative again..... damn I'm so confused conservative, liberal, y'all make up your minds LOL

You once mined King Coal so you automatically received honorable mention. thumbsup

Legend
Legend

You once mined King Coal so you automatically received honorable mention. thumbsup

Our GM is better than your GM! Na Na

– Jackie Robinson
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

You're a commie. I hope you can find a beret naughtydevil

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I wish they’d grow up and stop making things personal. There is no way anyone can learn anything around here with all this childish my dog is bigger than your dog nonsense.
well, I would bet my dog is bigger - hes about 150

Legend
Legend
Accomplishments to date.......

1. Flynn
2. Papadopoulos
3. Manafort
4. Gates
5. Huge permanent tax cuts for the wealthiest of Americans.
6. Russian sanctions imposed but not implemented by administration.
7. The WH petition office has closed and the current petitions (17) that have met the signature threshold -- have not been responded to by your dictator.
8. The ACH tax mandate has been lifted. Hospitals will just have to charge those with insurance more to cover those who aren't paying their fair share by not having insurance and not paying the tax mandate, skyrocketing insurance premiums even more.
9. Shut down the Obamacare open enrollment exchanges early but still had millions signup to get their Obamacare. Ironically mostly in the red states that voted for your dictator.
10. Embarrassment in Alabama losing a senate seat to the Dems. Even though your dictator demanded you to vote for a racist and accused child molester.
11. Helped speed up and escalate North Korea's Nuclear weapons program with poor diplomatic dictator style rhetoric.

– Jackie Robinson
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus President Trump's Accomplishments to date...

Link Copied to Clipboard