Next Thread
Print Thread
#1373452 12/15/17 11:23 AM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
does anyone have both of these or have used both? I bought my son the ps4 pro for xmas, which he already has the ps4, and i have the one, was looking at upgrading to the one x for my own merry christmas, but am not opposed to the ps4 pro. Any huge differences?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1st String
1st String
The biggest difference in my eyes is the lack of a 4k Blu Ray player in the pro.I think that was a mistake on Sony's part.

As far as gaming goes both look great to me.Both can can do 4k and HDR.I think the pro can run games at a higher frame rate but the one x is supposed to be more powerful.To me it really comes down to if you like Sony's or Microsoft's exclusive games better.

IMO both are great as long as you have a 4k display with HDR.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
I think the Pro is better, I just don't know if it's worth the money. I can get a PS4 with Battlefront 2 for $249 on Amazon right now. A Pro, no game, is $349. Assuming BF2 is worth about $50 of the $249, that's $150 more for a Pro with slightly better frame rates.

I have two 4K HDR TVs (black Friday prices were insane) so I want a Pro, but $349 is a lot more than $200. I'd probably sell BF2 on eBay wihtout opening it.

I thought about getting an OneX, but I have Sony's Vue for cable, which is awesome, so I need to stick to a PS4.

What's better?

PS4 Slim 1TB with BF2 + extra controller + an extra game

Vs.

PS4 Pro 1TB

I want to reap the 4K gaming benefits, but that first option looks cool too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Good info, I’ll probably get the onex as well just to compare, it’s actually cheaper here than the pro. I like the DualShock better than Xbox but i like the Xbox live service better. What I won’t be is a sucker paying 400.00 for Nintendo lol

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I have a Ps4 and a One S. The ps4 is by far a better system than the One S. HOWEVER, everything I have read says the X is better than the Pro. Not having a 4K player is their downfall IMO. However, the One S plays 4K HDR, so if that's all your going for, you don't have to spend the 500 large on the X.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Good info, I’ll probably get the onex as well just to compare, it’s actually cheaper here than the pro. I like the DualShock better than Xbox but i like the Xbox live service better. What I won’t be is a sucker paying 400.00 for Nintendo lol
Actually, to be fair, I was playing the switch (its 299 smile ) and Mario odyssey is a dang entertaining game smile and if you have kids, being able to take that with you on the go is well worth the money. ill probably get one next year

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
X1X has better graphics, PS4Pro lacks just a little graphically, Sony consoles have better exclusive games, X1X plays 4k bluray, and people are split on the online thing.

I don't own either. I own a launch year PS4, and I also own a Nintendo Switch.

I'd honestly just build a better PC, and then use that as a much better Xbox.

Legend
Legend
I ended up getting the BF2 PS4 bundle. $237.50 at Target with a 5% Target CC discount and a $250 Amazon price match. Not too bad.

I might sell BF2 too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I ended up getting the BF2 PS4 bundle. $237.50 at Target with a 5% Target CC discount and a $250 Amazon price match. Not too bad.

I might sell BF2 too.

For $100 more you could have got the BF2 bundle with stickers! Was at best buy today, saw the BF2 bundle you bought, then for a 100 more, saw the same bundle, only it included some star wars decals on the ps4 case.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

I might sell BF2 too.
I just got my xbox 1s during Black Friday. I paid 249.00 got Halo 5, halo Master Chief Collection, Star wars battlefront, and a game of your choice.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have the XBox One X and really enjoy it. The Pro is on my "list" to get at some point though. I want to play some PS4 exclusives smile

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming ps4 pro vs one x

Link Copied to Clipboard