Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess a good QB can overcome less talent when he truly has "IT" had Garoppolo come here we would be winning now, I saw enough today to convince me. We don't have a QB with "IT" at least not yet so we need to pick smart at #1 in April ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I guess a good QB can overcome less talent when he truly has "IT" had Garoppolo come here we would be winning now, I saw enough today to convince me. We don't have a QB with "IT" at least not yet so we need to pick smart at #1 in April ...

I think Garoppolo has shown 100% more of the "IT" factor in 3 games than Kizer has all year.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
DaveyD #1375243 12/17/17 08:52 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You got no argument here the trouble is Garoppolo is water under the bridge here in Cleveland ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Vers, Tom Brady must have rubbed off on him!!!

Not really. He is playing the same way he did in college. He takes no name WRs and makes them look like superstars with perfectly placed balls and inspires his guys to lay it all out to catch what he throws.

I will grant you that he is like Tom in that they both can use a bunch of nobody's and just make those wins happen.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
V
Legend
Legend
V
He reminds me way more of Montana than Brady.

Swish #1375346 12/17/17 10:13 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
381 yards, TD, no picks.

8.9 yard average.

Pretty damn good day

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1375357 12/17/17 10:25 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude is freaking awesome.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Let this thread die please. It's too freaking painful. I mean that.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1375429 12/17/17 11:44 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't think it should die. It shows how stupid Sashi was and why we won't miss him.

On the other hand, I do get what you are saying and I don't think you are saying it in a malicious way. And I even get your point.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
And to think people laughed at me when I said we should make him one of our first round picks that year.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't think it should die. It shows how stupid Sashi was and why we won't miss him.

On the other hand, I do get what you are saying and I don't think you are saying it in a malicious way. And I even get your point.

You persist on pinning this on Sashi, do you have any proof of it?

We know the AJ thing was on Sashi, but regarding JG its just speculation on your part.

To me its very clear why JG ended up in SF, and it has nothing to do with Sachi, directly...

Legend
Legend
I saw McCarron has played the past two weeks, albeit for garbage time .. has anyone seen him play?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
mgh888 #1375528 12/18/17 09:29 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Let this thread die please. It's too freaking painful. I mean that.

Agree. What's worse is people actually think we could have had Garoppolo. We could have tried to trade our entire draft for Jimmy but we were never going to get him.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Blaming Sashi is just plain lazy.

V
Legend
Legend
V
If you don't want to read about Garrapolo, why open the thread? It's not like we are discussing him elsewhere. Don't open a thread w/his name in the title if you don't want to read about him. It's pretty simple.

I think Sashi's inability to trade for JG was perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to the relationship between Sashi and the coaching staff. It would be so nice to have a qb who was accurate.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Hoyer not the only factor...of course not.

But it was a key factor as BB needs all his ducks in a row.

He wasn't getting much for JG as it was.

And we had many contacts with NE about JG but I got a feeling (guessing) we just did not stray from our original offer.
So on that Friday 2 days before the deadline when we called NE and they said don't bother. Hoyer was a big factor as they always are looking to win a championship...Hoyer could give a playoff game victory if Brady had a Concussion protocal thing ???

I see Sashi doing several things that got him fired. I don't think he botched the JG thing...McCarron yes, not JG.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
All Pro
All Pro

I think this is 60% Hues fault. We had plenty of ammo to go after JG and if Hue wanted him bad enough, he should have demanded it. But he is weak and mediocre and blew it!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
TONY #1375637 12/18/17 12:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Stop it.

Hue wanted JG.

Sashi had the control not Hue.

You are a broken record. You got anything else?

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: bonefish
Stop it.

Hue wanted JG.

I disagree with you. You want a QB, you go after him. You convince everybody and their momma that you need this guy to be successful in the AFC north. We had plenty of ammo. Plenty to get the guy. He looks really good right now. could have given them a 1st and a 2nd if need be. Hue is too passive and wishy washy. It's disgusting!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Stop it.

Hue wanted JG.

What we know is that Hue wanted AJ, not JG...

Can you present any evidence that Hue wanted JG?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
If you don't want to read about Garrapolo, why open the thread? It's not like we are discussing him elsewhere. Don't open a thread w/his name in the title if you don't want to read about him. It's pretty simple.

I think Sashi's inability to trade for JG was perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to the relationship between Sashi and the coaching staff. It would be so nice to have a qb who was accurate.

Again reaching conclusions that you have no information on.

Where is any info, even rumors that Hue wanted JG?

At this point is only you, and others, making this up.

D
1st String
1st String
D
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Stop it.

Hue wanted JG.

What we know is that Hue wanted AJ, not JG...

Can you present any evidence that Hue wanted JG?

There is none...

Just the dawg in me..........
eotab #1375659 12/18/17 01:20 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: eotab
Hoyer not the only factor...of course not.

But it was a key factor as BB needs all his ducks in a row.

He wasn't getting much for JG as it was.

And we had many contacts with NE about JG but I got a feeling (guessing) we just did not stray from our original offer.
So on that Friday 2 days before the deadline when we called NE and they said don't bother. Hoyer was a big factor as they always are looking to win a championship...Hoyer could give a playoff game victory if Brady had a Concussion protocal thing ???

I see Sashi doing several things that got him fired. I don't think he botched the JG thing...McCarron yes, not JG.

jmho

Was JG ever on the trading block?

New England never mad it public they wanted to trade, or even were open to trades for JG.

The only conclusion we can take was that this was a private deal between SF and NE. Only they know the terms and what motivated the trade.

If BB wanted more picks for JG he just had to call some other teams, Browns included,if he didn't its because he had his reasons.

We can speculate what we want... IMHO JG didn't want to play for the worst coach in history... but that's just my opinion.

And by the way, why whoever started the conversations with Cincy to trade for AJ didn't talk to NE in the first place to trade for JG?

Sachi took the heat for not drafting Wentz and Watson and not trading for AJ, why wouldn't he admit on the JG deal?

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/18/17 01:28 PM.
TONY #1375670 12/18/17 01:33 PM
Legend
Legend
I wanted Garoppolo real bad. It is all over archive.

Sashi had the power. Hue made a comment about the FO being asleep on the Garoppolo opportunity.

The fault is clearly at the feet of Brown.

I was clear that Hue wanted an option other than Kizer.

1st String
1st String

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/hue_jackson_pushed_hard_for_ji.html

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...o-in-cleveland/

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...-Goff-109744160

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wanted Garoppolo real bad. It is all over archive.

Sashi had the power.
Hue made a comment about the FO being asleep on the Garoppolo opportunity.

The fault is clearly at the feet of Brown.

I was clear that Hue wanted an option other than Kizer.

Would you please post a link for this...Thank you in advance.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/hue_jackson_pushed_hard_for_ji.html

SF also didn't trade for JG on the draft, and Kyle wanted JG...

Why didn't NE talk to the Browns, didn't they want the extra pics? We did offer extra picks for AJ, right?

We know JG didn't want to play here, and that makes sense

We are now seeing that HUE wanted all the QB's, except the ones we drafted... but this only becoming evident they were not good.

More and more is evident that Hue will say anything to keep his job.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Other than the paper work part of the deal if Sashi didn't try to get JG, How did they process the AJ deal so quickly? JH has taken responsibility for the deal not going through. If Hue could get the AJ deal going why did he not put that effort to get JG?

Quote:
On Brown not being able to execute the trade:

Haslam: “I will place that way more on me than on Sashi. We were having a conversation. I probably pushed the question-asking further than I should. I do not blame that on Sashi. I think we decided to push the go button later than we should. I think Sashi [was publicly criticized] way too much. I want to make clear, that had nothing to do with this decision.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...3a-356f3ab8adbb

V
Legend
Legend
V

Thanks for posting the links, but I knew he would dance all around them. smile

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

Thanks for posting the links, but I knew he would dance all around them. smile

Rumors before the trade, not after the trade to SF.

I've can post o ton of links where Jackson was happy with Kizer's and Kessler's draft.

Also some links where Hue wanted AJ.

Bust most important is that JG didn't want to play in Cleveland, didn't want to play for Hue, I suppose, and New England wanted to do the right thing.

Dave #1375699 12/18/17 02:22 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
Quote:
I think that we were done once Garoppolo said that there was no way he'd sign a long term deal here.

When did that happen?

It didn't.

What some are trying to convince you of is that BB felt more loyalty to JG than he did the Patriots. That he would turn down more and better draft picks for the Patriots because he was just so close to JG.

They just haven't put it into those words. Because, well, we all know how foolish that would sound.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hey Rasta..........will you do me a favor and argue w/someone else? Please? Your arguments are so far off that I have a hard time responding to them and if I do, they probably sound mean.

I don't want to do that, so maybe we can just ignore one another?

1st String
1st String

Why didn't NE talk to the Browns, didn't they want the extra pics? We did offer extra picks for AJ, right?

https://factoryofsadness.co/2017/11/04/cleveland-browns-rumors-patriots-scared-off-browns-tactics/

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
PitDAWG #1375704 12/18/17 02:28 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Quote:
I think that we were done once Garoppolo said that there was no way he'd sign a long term deal here.

When did that happen?

It didn't.

What some are trying to convince you of is that BB felt more loyalty to JG than he did the Patriots. That he would turn down more and better draft picks for the Patriots because he was just so close to JG.

They just haven't put it into those words. Because, well, we all know how foolish that would sound.

So the other explanation is that BB is STUPID...

He knows we want JG, yet he does not call the Browns to ask what we offer,he just goes ahead and make the trade with SF?

Schefter who followed closely the all process and was lobbying for JG to the Browns said that in his opinion its was BB doing the right thing for his player.

That's how you get to wear rings... when you stand by your players when it matters....

Vambo #1375706 12/18/17 02:30 PM
Legend
Legend
It was in the PD.

I don't know if Hue was quoted. It was a comment by one of writers in the PD. That Hue was unhappy when the JG deal went down because the FO was asleep.

At this point does it matter? JG is gone. He was available for trade. The Browns did not make an offer that overwhelmed
BB. He made the deal with SF. End of story.

If the Browns would have been aggressive the deal was there to be made.

Sashi Brown is gone. Maybe he would have remained if got JG. Maybe it was already decided that he did not have the experience.

Just another of many cases of: "I wish we would have".

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
So in your opinion only Cleveland and SF wanted JG?

No other team in the league wanted JG for a 2nd rounder?

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-wanted-right-jimmy-garoppolo-didnt-trade-browns-145348406.html

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-pa...nks-N-109778313

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/18/17 02:35 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Quote:

When did that happen?

It didn't.

So the other explanation is that BB is STUPID...

He knows we want JG, yet he does not call the Browns to ask what we offer,he just goes ahead and make the trade with SF?

Schefter who followed closely the all process and was lobbying for JG to the Browns said that in his opinion its was BB doing the right thing for his player.

That's how you get to wear rings... when you stand by your players when it matters....

Then they couldn't blame Sashi if they believe what you posted and they have to find fault in what ever he did.

1st String
1st String
I have no clue which teams decided to inquire about JG.

I was simply suppling links to the questions you were asking.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was in the PD.

I don't know if Hue was quoted. It was a comment by one of writers in the PD. That Hue was unhappy when the JG deal went down because the FO was asleep.

At this point does it matter? JG is gone. He was available for trade. The Browns did not make an offer that overwhelmed
BB. He made the deal with SF. End of story.

If the Browns would have been aggressive the deal was there to be made.

Sashi Brown is gone. Maybe he would have remained if got JG. Maybe it was already decided that he did not have the experience.

Just another of many cases of: "I wish we would have".

So why didn't Hue wake them up why wasn't he going into press conferences saying get me JG I want JG please get me JG?

What you heard were crickets from Hue.

If you want to get the most for something you need to trade/sell do you advertise that you are wanting to part with it or do you keep telling people offering you something it's not up for trade? Would you be better off saying thanks for your offer but we were looking to get more and have another team interested feel free to adjust your offer.

Vambo #1375715 12/18/17 02:47 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Then they couldn't blame Sashi if they believe what you posted and they have to find fault in what ever he did.

Yeah, it makes more sense to say that BB cared so much about JG that he'd turn down more ammunition to help his team

You know the one thing nobody has shown in all this BS? It's where Sashi called on Monday offering BB more than San Fran.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum More Garrapolo

Link Copied to Clipboard