Print Thread
#1375531 12/18/17 09:36 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Of course another loss but we played well for the most part.

If anyone has questions why we will draft a QB prospect next year they should have been answered yesterday. Kizer was at top form,
connecting on his first 3 or 4 passes...all for losses.

Devalve sitting right on the first down line and Kizer with no unusual pressure fires a fastball to his ankles hitting them but no connection. Duke diving for short passes thrown his way. Missing Gordon who beat his man by around 10 yards down the right side line. Only to have Kizer miss terribly short.

Our best drive 5 plays 94 yards, all runs no passes.

Announcer was trying to give Brown's fans hope by stating how Kizer is coming along. He is doing the little things right,
correct decision, moving around in the pocket, feet set up,
Good reads. Then states, all that is needed now is for his Accuracy to get better. As if that is a common Rookie hazard lack of accuracy...ummm no it is because of all those other things that accuracy might be lower then expected from a rookie QB. Not get all the little things right but be very inaccurate. I don't mean to bash Kizer, he is trying so hard.
He actually is running nicely and looks good in that regard.

But even in his completions so so many are just not right in those hands of the WR/RB/TE. We had no chance to win this game not with Kizer at QB.

Crowell had a great run. I don't know if he was in Hue's dog house? but we clamped him down pretty much after that 50+
scamper. Possibly Crowell got hurt?

I've notice the last few games Devalve's blocking (Run) has gotten better and better. On that 5 play running drive We hand the ball off to Duke who stops from going up the middle and breaks outside to the left, Devalve actually blocks two men and seals that corner. Duke easily scampered in for the TD not being touched.

Outside of that run Duke did not have a good day running.
He stops too often to make something out of nothing but most of those nothings are 2,3,4 yards if he trusts the sliver of a hole.

Still he is one of the best RBs in the NFL for the passing game. Man can the kid catch. He made a diving catch for a pass to keep a drive going.

Njoku has been disappearing lately.

We kept targeting Gordon but for the most part Kizer just couldn't throw that completion.

On that Duke Touchdown...if you noticed several (5-7 players)
joined up with Duke and all knelt and prayed. Pretty sure that was a prayer for Shazier, I thought that was very classy and proud of our team.

I hope the question...Why is Greg Williams getting a free pass was answered yesterday. Our defense played great and stopped the run.

One thing I didn't like and I noticed it 3 times.
1. Larry O dropping back as a LB blitzed and made the tackle downfield on the WR.

2. On the Flacco TD run. Corey near the goal line with nobody in the backfield but Flacco. He leaves his DT spot and immediately breaks to their Right and doubles a WR on that right edge...only to have Flacco run up right where Corey left then broke a little to his left for the TD...if Corey stayed (we rushed 3 on that play) he would have creamed Flacco.

3. First play of the 2nd half...Watson left wide open on the middle left of the field. Well you can see the LB blitzed and it was our DT pretty sure Corey again that dropped into coverage there just couldn't catch up to Watson at all. I really don't see the asset of dropping our DT's in coverage...heck if we blitz...let them rush also.

But overall I really love our D. They were hitting and swarming! Even Burgess played well I thought.

Drango got beat bad one play and Kizer had no clue that the DE was coming I thought he held onto the ball too long as it got hit out of his hands and they recovered for a TD.

You dropping back in your own endzone, man you have to get rid of that ball immediately. Crowell was open as he headed off to the right flat. Kizer was staring at Gordon who was breaking inside.

The game should have been a lot closer than what it was.

I saw a Louis sighting, Since Sashi was fired coincidently Louis has not gotten many if any reps. Of course we got Coleman and Gordon out there.

Well we are clinching that overall #1 pick...only the Giants have 2 losses. I got a weird feeling that we are going to win our last two...lol laugh

Nassib continues to over achieve.

The announcers covered for Dorsey's remark about no real football players on the team. They said he meant we had some real players just not enough of them and not in the depth.

Shon Coleman our RT...I'm pretty much disappointed with him. Oh he has some good moments out there. But honestly, what disturbs me about him is when we run...he does his one one thousand block for the run and then just stands there on the LOS without pursuing the play. Several times I saw one opportunity after another for him to be able to come up to the pile and make that 2-3 yard gain into a couple of yards more. Just a little hustle and effort. I can understand the mistakes as it is a hard position to play...but his effort is terrible. To the point I think I'm writing him off for a future with us.

jmho.

Thought our special teams did a decent job.

Anyways what did you all see?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I saw Kiser isn't the answer.

Not running the ball on 3rd and goal, and then not going for a TD on 4th and goal for a 13-0 team looking for a win this season is inexcusable IMO.

The Browns offense just looked horrible most of the game with no spark.

On defense, I felt the Browns played soft on crucial 3rd down plays that allowed the Ravens to move the chains too often. But loved the goal line stand. That was sweet.

Just another disappointment and another loss.

Thanks Tab.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
Kizer's legs helped his game. His arm not so much.

I have no desire to see this kid out there given his play. He is a turnover machine, no, a factory. Why Hue doesn't move the pocket or whatever to help some is beyond me. It isn't all him, but part of it is the calls. Defense beginning with Williams needs to step up.

He may get it. He hasn't done enough in the first 14, so I am no analytics guy, but I think I spotted a tendency, a predictive trend. Play a few QB's or work him in. He can't be trusted and he doesn't win. Shamefully awful. If you need a tape to watch after this many trips too the woodshed, then shame on you.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hogan Hogan Hogan

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Sign of the times...lol laugh

I've never put this thread up and only had 3 replies...are posters watching the games any more? Or just that fed up not to talk about the football we see in the games.

Lots of unusual things happen to share but I guess we don't care at this point any more.

What I didn't see is the worst team assembled in the history of NFL football as I just read in an article. I mean you fix one position and we are at least a .500 team.

yes, Kizer is/was that bad.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I only post at work, and I was off yesterday smile

I was frustrated all day. Saw Kizer miss opportunity after opportunity. Sad really, I was a big Kizer fan because of the upside he had physically coming out. But its just not there. Crazy, it seems we either have a guy that has all the talent and doesn't have it upstairs, or we have a guy that has it upstairs and no talent. We cannot get someone with both for the life of us.

I wondered what happened to crow too after the long run. Not that I really care, it is too up and down for me. We need to address that position, and I would like to see dayes get some touches.

With Gordon back, we really do have a completely different offense. You can just see so much more possibility. We just cant get them the ball. I agree, with a decent QB we are at least .500.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab

I've never put this thread up and only had 3 replies...are posters watching the games any more? Or just that fed up not to talk about the football we see in the games.

Apologies, eo; I recognize that you put effort into this thread and deserve better. However, between the game and then reading some of the nonsensical posts, it simply sucks the life out of you...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
The Postgame thread is always up before yours and they are essentially the same thing. I tried posting in both the last couple of weeks, but haven't had anyone converse w/me on this thread.

And heck, almost every thread just turns into a fire Hue or Kizer sucks thread. Very little conversation that is meaningful.

V
Legend
Legend
V
But, I'll try one more time:

I saw:

--Crow run well, but lose carries to Duke. I didn't understand that one.

--Burgess is really making a lot of plays out there. He caught my eye in preseason and he is becoming a good player. He is really quick on the field.

--I paid attention to Kizer. He was locking onto receivers and not going through his progressions. He was also wildly inaccurate. I do think he made a couple of nice pre-snap reads and ran the ball well. The decision making was bad.

--S. Coleman had another hold.

--Our pass rush was poor again. We are not generating enough pressure w/our DL.

--Peppers was bad again. He makes bad decisions and whiffs too much in the open field.

--Gordon seemed a bit lost. Not sure about that, though.

--Zeitler and Tretter continue to improve. Both were good signings.

--Kirksey really plays hard. He has a difficult time getting off blocks, but he is very fast and very active. Does a great job in space.

--Taylor lost time to M. Jordan.

--Shobert plays hard, but he is a little light and I think the pysicality of the season is wearing him down. He plays a ton of snaps.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
--Crow run well, but lose carries to Duke. I didn't understand that one.

--Burgess is really making a lot of plays out there. He caught my eye in preseason and he is becoming a good player. He is really quick on the field.

Crows (limited) runs and Burgess were two bright spots.

Also, the early defensive stops and the goal line stand were awesome. Harbaugh's hubris cost him, and I'm glad we stuffed it down his throat.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
--Peppers was bad again. He makes bad decisions and whiffs too much in the open field.

I don't know, Vers. We both mentioned he did this in college but that's just because we're haters.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Individually there is some developing talent on the team.

The QB situation has been discussed and discussed. Reasonable QB play would have resumed in some victories and woul have taken the sting off of another miserable season.

On to draft day.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
.. " --Crow run well, but lose carries to Duke. I didn't understand that one "

.. I have to ask : What carries , they had like 12 between them ????????????

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Yeah should I come on 1 minute after the game an give the score and say Have at it...
My apologies for actually making a Thread with a post to lead it out.

People make threads to be the first...I make threads to discuss football.

Why I participated in your the Good Bad and Ugly thread.

I opened the post game thoughts thread once and it said HAVE at it as its thread post...to me that is not a Thread...so I will continue mine.

I wasn't complaining.
As stated it was the first time I had only 3 replies so it got me worried that many posters were giving up.

Didn't think it was a because the other thread is up why bother with this one.

I try to
1. wait 12 hours or so, so that fans can simmer down and get their emotions out so we can talk football.
2. Give a detailed post to start off the thread and start the conversation with some sanity and less ranting.

Its ok all, just was curious cause the first time in like what,
15 years I had just 3 replies. Thats all

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
You always misunderstand my intent. You take everything I say as an insult. I wasn't getting on your ass for posting it later. I was just saying many of us posted our thoughts about the game on another thread. Nothing personal at all.

And even though I posted my game day thoughts on your thread, you once again ignored them and chose to belittle me.

I won't bother again.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Where did I say you insulted me...I understood what you stated. You are a funny guy...smh

I belittled you...no I was belittling the rush to get the first thread up rather than substance...how can you take that as belittling you???

Oh and as for your statement that I ignored your football post.
I guess you missed that I "LIKED" it...man you are so far off.
Always trying to fight somebody... smh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
What I didn't see is the worst team assembled in the history of NFL football

hmm... how could you start this thread without watching the game?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Quote:

Hardy Har har... rolleyes

Ok I'll play, assuming it was not a joke.
1. It was my 2nd post in this thread how in is it that you can say I started the thread with that post.

2. Pure and simple I did watch and we are not even close to the worst team assembled in the history of the NFL.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

2. Pure and simple I did watch and we are not even close to the worst team assembled in the history of the NFL.

So, wouldn't it take grossly incompetent coaching for a team that isn't even close to being the worst to have the all time worst record?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

1. It was my 2nd post in this thread how in is it that you can say I started the thread with that post.

take a very average coach... put it on a expansion team like brown made us.. and you have a 1 and 30 team.. the worst in nfl history.. just the facts of where we are.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

take a very average coach... put it on a expansion team like brown made us.. and you have a 1 and 30 team.. the worst in nfl history.. just the facts of where we are.

The 1999 actual expansion team coached by Chris Palmer won more games then the current Browns team has won in the past 2 years.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
Quote:

The 1999 actual expansion team coached by Chris Palmer won more games then the current Browns team has won in the past 2 years.

they had more talent.

Legend
Legend
It was the UFO Defense! And was it Rudd who was like hard to figure where he he was going to line up rogue-fashion and follow his gut? We played harder, we battled. I had more faith, more patience, and was a fan happy to see us again.

As you can see, those were the good old days!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
Quote:

they had more talent.

Honestly comparing talent and the dysfunction of an expansion team, its very hard to claim that.

Chris Palmer wasn't a good coach, but Hue is IMHO way, way worst

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

So, wouldn't it take grossly incompetent coaching for a team that isn't even close to being the worst to have the all time worst record?

Agreed that good coaching should have garnished us a couple of wins.

But the fact that we have NO QB in a QB driven era of NFL football. And we are talking "NO QB" not even close to serviceable. You are going to lose most games.

Also crap of unusual circumstances just keep happening to us at the wrong time. Injuries at the wrong time.

QB turnovers at the red zone in close games.

Fumbles at the absolute worst time.

65 yard punt return at the absolute wrong time.

Chit happens and it seems to be always the negative against us.

We have talent but the fact is its all basically YOUNG TALENT without much Veteran leadership.

If you want to look at the record and just its a fact we are the worst in history then you are not bringing actual football into the equation...just W/L

I will agree this is up there with the worst W/L record in the history of the NFL but it doesn't mean we are the worst team.
Just changes to ONE POSITION, QB, and we got many more wins.

jmho

Back to what I saw.
Looks like Crowell is nursing a shoulder injury...possibly that is why he was not seen much that 2nd half and Duke took over the reps.

btw Duke also has a sore shoulder as well.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Bad qb play is the reason that Hue went away from the run ... rolleyes ...

O
Legend
Legend
O
... and Dayes?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

At least that is what I saw.

Last edited by dawgpound101; 12/22/17 01:36 AM.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Funny...ehe

No you have teams just giving you the pass you got to keep on trying You got to keep calling the right plays. And where where did I say bad QB play the reason Hue went away from the Run?

Come on Diam..you're going to be insulting? Why?

I do think Crowell got injured and Duke was not as effective as Crowell was in the run game that 2nd half...also the adjustment was to stop the run game and force Kizer to beat them...You got to hope that he would get on a streak and we could score.
So you keep on throwing passes.

If he is throwing at a 45% completion you don't want to throw one pass and go 3 n out odds are he won't complete it.

If the D is giving it to you and you got weapons in Gordon,
Coleman, Njoku, Duke and Devalve you can only hope he might go 60% in a series and actually score.

You guys are funny.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I do think Crowell got injured and Duke was not as effective as Crowell was in the run game that 2nd half...also the adjustment was to stop the run game and force Kizer to beat them...You got to hope that he would get on a streak and we could score.
So you keep on throwing passes.

Crowell was not injured. Hue just was not "inspired" by Crow's 59 yard run.

Hue's response when asked why Crow received so few carries after his big run....

Nate Ulrich
@NateUlrichABJ
#Browns HC Hue Jackson said 59-yard run by Isaiah Crowell didn't inspire him to give Crow a bunch more carries because hole was so big on that play that anyone could have run through it. Next time they ran the same play, it went for a 2-yard loss

Tweet

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
yeah wondering where he hurt his shoulder???

But I read in the Crowell statement about being a little PO'd on not getting the ball after I wrote what I did which did suggest he wasn't injured.

That was a very weird statement by Hue...yep there was a big hole don't understand what that would have to do with him sat down???Just doesn't make sense. Big hole big run. No hole and very little yards...duh. Maybe Hue was at a Christmas party and was into that egg nog.

lol Not sure what their relationship is/was.

But who knows what goes on in that locker room. I've thought Crowell has been a good soldier for us since coming here.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
yeah wondering where he hurt his shoulder???

But I read in the Crowell statement about being a little PO'd on not getting the ball after I wrote what I did which did suggest he wasn't injured.

That was a very weird statement by Hue...yep there was a big hole don't understand what that would have to do with him sat down???Just doesn't make sense. Big hole big run. No hole and very little yards...duh. Maybe Hue was at a Christmas party and was into that egg nog.

lol Not sure what their relationship is/was.

But who knows what goes on in that locker room. I've thought Crowell has been a good soldier for us since coming here.

at the end of that big run crow just quit.. from being tired? just stupid mistake? hurt? not sure.. maybe hue was thinking of that?

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Well we ran 4 more times...no passes and score a TD giving us a 7-3 lead.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well we ran 4 more times...no passes and score a TD giving us a 7-3 lead.

not sure what that has to do with what i said but the 2 kizer runs could have been pass plays that either didnt work or he changed at the los?

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Meaning? nothing much other then it happened directly after the big run...as you stated the words after the big run and it just triggered the Brain Fart...lol wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 27 What I saw Game 14

Link Copied to Clipboard