|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Legend
|
OP
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493 |
"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,052 |
He really was the voice of a generation ..... or 2 ... or maybe even 3.
RIP Mr Enberg.
My condolences and prayers for God's comfort to his family and friends.
Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,265 |
RIP. He just seemed so professional and respectable compared to what's out there now.
And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. - John Muir
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
Gone but not forgotten... one hell of a good team 
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,612
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,612 |
Enberg called the 1987 AFC Championship game between Denver and Cleveland. One of the most memorable NFL games of all-time. And one of the saddest for Browns fans.  Hard to believe it was 30 years ago.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
Gone but not forgotten... one hell of a good team 
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,657
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,657 |
J/C
I loved the duo of Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen! Of course, that may be just because it takes me back to my junior high days when the Browns were good, and I still hero worshiped Bernie Kosar and Co.! (Who am I kidding, I'm 45 and still hero worship him!)
There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do. -Derek Jeter
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,341
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,341 |
RIP Dick one of my favorites ... Prayers for his family ...
John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,484
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,484 |
Dick Enberg was around in et h60's but really took off I the 70's & 80s. He was awesome doing college basketball during the tail end of the UCLA domination.
He was part of the #1 team for NBC's NFL coverage for years.
One of my favorite kid memories of him was hosting Sports Challenge, a trivia game show where different teams' stars answered sports questions. ie the 57 Yankees might take on the 65 Packers or 69 Celtics. It was cool in the days of only 3 channels.
I am guessing it would be too boring to kids today.
He is definitely a good memory of my youth.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,129 |
He, along with Pat Summerall, were the two greatest of all time...RIP, Dick.
When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438 |
No Craps Given
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,205 |
Dick Enberg - best network announcer ever, IMO. Rest in peace, sir.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732 |
I'll read every post. Enberg is a giant in sports, I love his voice, his ability to read a moment. One of the greats. Easily the best tennis announcer I've ever heard, let alone his football, baseball.... whatever he covered. Oh My.
![[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]](http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/shadedog/mcenroe2.jpg) gmstrong -----------------
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,697
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,697 |
Great announcer. RIP, Dick.
If everybody had like minds, we would never learn. GM Strong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563 |
sad day in Sports.... RIP Dick
#GMSTRONG
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Daniel Patrick Moynahan
"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe." Damanshot
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
I just can't help but laugh when I see all of these old guys saying RIP DICK 
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195 |
I just can't help but laugh when I see all of these old guys saying RIP DICK I can't wait for that zombie movie to come out, The Hardly Dead.
#GMSTRONG
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum OH MY - RIP Dick Enberg
|
|