Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Mayfield isn't ready because you don't think so? Please. Mayfield is capable of starting week one. Why draft Rosen when you can draft the best?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Mayfield isn't ready because you don't think so? Please. Mayfield is capable of starting week one. Why draft Rosen when you can draft the best?

The best what? Joke of a franchise? Laughingstock of the league? I mean we already are that - but draft Johnny Mayfield and watch it continue. Well YOU can watch it. I won't.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I simply don't believe the situation is that drastic. If it were, I believe there would be actual quotes coming out from him or his family. There aren't any.

I'm not sure what quotes would do for you when it's coming from Shefter. That's about as good as it gets. It makes more sense that his family worked with Shefter to plant the story than the story being untrue because it doesn't contain "quotes".

Having said that, you draft him anyway.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
Howard Wilson will be with us next year right? could we not use that draft pick else where?

Like WR or LT?

Howard Wilson is no guarantee to be anything.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

This gives me flashbacks of drafting Manziel over Bridgewater, JG or Carr.

T
Legend
Legend
T
My feelings against Rosen aside.

I don't want to see the Browns draft anybody who willingly, when healthy, sits out a bowl game;

with any 1st or 2nd round pick.

That doesn't show any competitive spirit.

If they don't want to play in a bowl game, they might as well go sell cars for a living!

THAT IS ABOUT THE NUMBER 1 FACTOR IN LOOKING AT A COLLEGE PLAYER IS HOW THEY PLAY IN THEIR BOWL GAME!

^ And that statement is true going back 20 years.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Unfixable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
We will draft Sam Darnold.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

That is what I am hoping for.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
one story I saw about his bowl game mentioned a concussion. not sure if valid or not.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Yes, He's in concussion protocol, here's a link.....

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...rt-kansas-state

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
San Francisco has just proven the value of Decent QB play. JG is lighting up the Jags.

A real QB would not care the situation that would be in front of them.

Find the real QB.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Jester

Based on what Rosen is reported to have said about the Browns ... I hope so too. I have not seen much of Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen so .... I am not for sure saying Darnold, more so 'not Rosen' based on what he has said.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: Jester

Based on what Rosen is reported to have said about the Browns ... I hope so too. I have not seen much of Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen so .... I am not for sure saying Darnold, more so 'not Rosen' based on what he has said.

Not drafting Rosen based on his desires would be so Browns.

Draft the best quarterback, no matter what he says. He'll report to the team.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I can't imagine why Rosen wouldn't want to come to the Browns?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Have you read the background on the kid and his attitude and outspokenness ?

I agree take the best QB - with all things considered. A loudmouth outspoken QB who says he doesn't want to be on the Browns weighs heavy against him. . . . If' he's head and shoulders better than everyone else I agree, draft him. If he's marginally better - then draft someone else.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: edromeo
I can't imagine why Rosen wouldn't want to come to the Browns?

Disfunctional team owned by a sleazy thief?

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not so much dysfunctional, as cheap.

There is a reason that the Browns have so much cap space.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I hate to break this to you guys, but if you don't think Rosen won't come out because he doesn't want to play for the Browns, then you're gonna be in a rude awakening when Darnold returns to the NCAA.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Mentioned there was a possibility both could return. Leaves us with???????

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: dean_fairchild

DeShone Kizer of course! It'll be grrrrrrrreat!

We can trade back and draft 237 mid-round WRs who can't separate or catch the ball and a couple backup special teamers. Trust the process.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
1st of all GM and head coach have to be on same page on what kind of QB
They want to spearhead the turnaround
A turnaround unheard of in the annuals of the NFL
A team that will have gone 1 and 31 over a 2 yr span
Identify the QB then figure what players need to be shown the door .because
At 1 and 31 theres more problems than solutions
Just because you add a potential franchise QB it doesn't mean your
Automatically going to win according to the Homers
Front office coaching staff have to be in unison on everything

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I hate to break this to you guys, but if you don't think Rosen won't come out because he doesn't want to play for the Browns, then you're gonna be in a rude awakening when Darnold returns to the NCAA.

I have been saying all season long that
i suspect Darnold will be retuning to USC next year.
Has nothing to do with the Browns having the #1 overall pick.
He has been leaning that way since before the started.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Josh Allen. Next Big Ben or Carson Wentz.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Josh Rosen doesn't want to get drafted by the Browns. That could be a win-win for both.

The UCLA QB says he may wait a year to avoid getting picked by the Browns. That’s unlikely to happen, and it shouldn’t stop the Browns from drafting him.

By Ryan Van Bibber Updated Dec 24, 2017, 5:18pm EST

UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen has a big decision to make next week, after the Bruins play in the Cactus Bowl on Tuesday, Dec. 26. After that game, Rosen will decide whether to enter the 2018 NFL Draft. One factor that will reportedly influence his decision is the Cleveland Browns’ ongoing need for a franchise quarterback.

Rosen’s draft decision
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Sunday morning that Rosen had misgivings about declaring for the draft if the Browns were going to take him. His concerns have to do with the stability of the franchise in Cleveland, a team that’s started 28 different quarterbacks since 1999.

Rosen, according to the report, would prefer to land with a team that offers more security for a young quarterback. Schefter specifically mentions the Giants.

He’s not the first quarterback this year to express concerns about landing in Cleveland. USC’s Sam Darnold pushed back on reports that he didn’t want to get drafted by the Browns back in November.

Is Rosen a top pick?
He is. The Bruins signal caller is ranked as the top quarterback by draft gurus Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. Rosen is the first overall pick in Dan Kadar’s latest SB Nation mock draft, taken by the Browns.

Kadar explains why Rosen could be the Browns’ target in the draft:

New general manager John Dorsey said in his introductory press conference that his job was to find a quarterback for the Browns. That should tell you what he thinks about DeShone Kizer, who has had a maddening rookie season. He could like Rosen, a traditional pocket passer with a good arm and a quick release.

The Browns locked up the first overall pick with a loss to the Bears on Sunday.

Will Rosen skip the draft?
It could happen. He could go back to school, play another season at UCLA and punch his ticket for the 2019 draft instead. However, there’s a risk with that move. He could get hurt or struggle on the field for whatever reason, pushing his draft stock down.

UCLA is also transitioning to a new head coach, Chip Kelly, so staying in school could also mean learning a different offense for Rosen.

It’s also not the first time this has happened.

Ben Axelrod
@BenAxelrod

Some Browns fans will try to pin this on Rosen, but Myles Garrett went on camera and begged the Cowboys to trade up. Deshaun Watson did the same. There were rumblings Darnold would try to avoid the Browns. This isn’t new.

What happens is Rosen doesn’t want to play for the Browns?
If he doesn’t go back to school, he can still take his chances for not landing in Cleveland during the NFL draft. His camp can keep pushing this, hoping to push the Browns away before the draft. Or he could use it set up a scenario similar to what Eli Manning did with the Chargers and Giants when he came out for the draft in 2004.

If Cleveland feels that Rosen is legitimately the best quarterback in the draft, they should take him anyway. And it’s not like new general manager John Dorsey wouldn’t make the pick if he thought it was for the best anyway.

Having drafted Rosen, they could then turn around and trade him, picking up even more draft assets in the process, probably even more than if they just traded the pick (which is also an option they’ll have). That would be a win-win scenario for both the Browns and Rosen.

Cleveland has two first-round picks, including the one it got from Houston when the Texans traded up for Deshaun Watson in the 2017 draft. That pick is currently the fourth overall, and likely to stay a top-five pick. So, it’s not as if the Browns don’t have the ability to draft another potential first-round quarterback this year.

There’s also the chance this could amount to nothing. Maybe Dorsey convinces him that things are going to chance in Cleveland. Though with Hue Jackson reportedly coming back, that may not be enough given how poorly he handled rookie DeShone Kizer this year.

The season’s not even over, and we’ve already got Browns draft drama. ‘Tis the season!

The Browns Live in Hell

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/24/1681...anning-scenario

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
People complain about Hue not developing Kizer, but the developmental guy has to do his share too.

Kizer overthrows receivers badly ..... throws passes I could make, to wide open receivers, into the ground .....and panics in the red zone .....

He has shown little to indicate that he's any kind of answer at the position.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T

The #1 Pick in '19. Then still take one of them anyway

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06

The best what? Joke of a franchise? Laughingstock of the league? I mean we already are that - but draft Johnny Mayfield and watch it continue. Well YOU can watch it. I won't.

Hmmmm. Baker Mayfield is the solution not the cause of more problems.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
People complain about Hue not developing Kizer, but the developmental guy has to do his share too.

Kizer overthrows receivers badly ..... throws passes I could make, to wide open receivers, into the ground .....and panics in the red zone .....

If the Sun is the answer, Kizer is Pluto.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06

DeShone Kizer of course! It'll be grrrrrrrreat!

We can trade back and draft 237 mid-round WRs who can't separate or catch the ball and a couple backup special teamers. Trust the process.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I agree. All the more reason Hue should bench the guy.

I don't think I have ever seen a situation where the coach really hopes he gets fired. At least that is how it looks to me.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well, hard to say what Rosen will do, but Collin Cowherd reported that Rosen will graduate this spring so returning for another year doesn't add up. Darnold however, will be a junior and didnt really have a good year, did he? So it makes more sense for Darnold to return.

Everybody bashes Mayfield, but look at his completion percentage for his college career, never below 64%, and greater than 70% last two years. Rosens best is 62%, yes 62%. Darnold sitting at 62% this year. And then there is Will Grier (WV) at 64%. No QB with a college completion percentage below 60% has ever amounted to much of anything in the NFL, Rosens average is hovering at that mark. So that box is checked for Mayfield.

As far as TDs, picks, attempts go;
Mayfield 41 TDs, 5 Ints, 369 attempts
Rosen 26, 10, 451
Darnold 26, 12, 435
Grier 34, 12, 388 (Was leading NCAA in TD's before he got hurt)

Mayfield isn't fast so he won't be able to run much in the NFL, but you cannot deny the effect he has on his teammates. Do we have one guy on this team with his fire?

If Rosen doesn't want to play for us then screw him. Hmm, both Garret and Watson said they wanted to play else where...has Garrett shown much fire?

It's not up to me, but Mayfield seems to be the cream of this years crop. Grier also bears some consideration but not sure of his injury status. I think Darnold stays in school after a mediocre season. Rosen enters draft in my opinion.

Just my $0.02 FWIW

D
Legend
Legend
D
In my dream, Haslam backs up a Brinks Truck to Kirk Cousin's favorite bank, and then we use 1A and 1B on Barkley and either Minkah Fitzpatrick or Derwin James. Go WR with 2A, LT with 2B, and CB with 2C. Get more CBs/DBs (and WRs) in the later rounds, and our D could be ready to dominate. We will have upgraded or addressed QB, RB, FS, WR, LT, and CB in a single offseason, and be well on our way to an 7-9 / 8-8 / 9-7 season, IMO. (Gotta walk before you run.)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Stats are for losers.

What are his completion percentages with pressure without?

What are his yards per completion ? What are his completion percentages at 10 - 20 -30 -40 yards?

If you have a QB that dumps it off all the time vs a guy that pushes the ball down the field completion percentages go up and down along with ints.

The truth is somewhat in the stats but not all of it !

Where there drops? how many? was the ball placement correct (eye test) does the QB anticipate, and throw his receivers open ? Stats are great eye tests are far better !

JMHO

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Stats are for losers.

What are his completion percentages with pressure without?

What are his yards per completion ? What are his completion percentages at 10 - 20 -30 -40 yards?

If you have a QB that dumps it off all the time vs a guy that pushes the ball down the field completion percentages go up and down along with ints.

The truth is somewhat in the stats but not all of it !

Where there drops? how many? was the ball placement correct (eye test) does the QB anticipate, and throw his receivers open ? Stats are great eye tests are far better !

JMHO

You're speaking analytics! Blasphemy!!!

Legend
Legend
Merry Christmas everyone!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Sell the team to a new owner that isn't cheap and incompetent. Also, will keep the team in Cleveland.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, this stats are for losers is RIDICULOUS, why have combine-stats, why do businesses use stats- to succeed. Surely gut feel or eyeball test is best.
Get all the stats, use analytics, talk it all out and get the best players....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Fixing the Browns this off season...

Link Copied to Clipboard