Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would agree that Rosen is the best thrower coming out this year. Probably not even close. But there are more things to being a great Qb than just throwing the ball. Though certainly the ability to throw is a basic pre-requisite.

Unfortunately, most of the other things, we as fans will never know about. And these are the things that make picking a Qb so hard for NFL Gm's.

Is the guy a leader?
Does he have the work ethic?
Does he have the personality to handle the pressure? - Both on and off the field.
Does he have that innate ability to comprehend football concepts
Etc, etc ...

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't see any concerns w/Rosen other than he has had two concussions. His coaches have spoken glowingly about him. Did you watch the video? Sure looked like a leader who was adored by his teammates to me.

We're going to take him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wasn't speaking of Rosen specifically. Rather more of a general statement.

I have concerns over leadership and work ethic etc with every college Qb we might potentially draft. Whether that is Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield ... I want to know how much effort he is going to put into the playbook and watching tape. I want to know that teammates are going to follow him. Unfortunately, I will never know until well after the "need" to know.

I might add an addendum. I worry about work ethic with pretty much any player we are considering drafting at any position.

No specific concern with Rosen (except perhaps the concussions). I want to know and I expect the Browns fo to know (for all the players) what the work ethic is. It was clear that Farmer failed miserably in one aspect of evaluation that I consider extremely important and we are still paying for it.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: Jester
It even changed between Rosen and Rosen
Different offense as a freshman than this past season
Ty, did they change offensive coordinators?

V
Legend
Legend
V
ed, did you watch the video I posted?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is a video of Rosen vs USC, where he clearly outplayed Darnold. This is awesome stuff:

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
ed, did you watch the video I posted?
No. I haven't started looking at Rosen cut-ups yet.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: edromeo
Originally Posted By: Jester
It even changed between Rosen and Rosen
Different offense as a freshman than this past season
Ty, did they change offensive coordinators?

Rosen had a different offensive coordinator all three years at UCLA (Noel Mazzone, Kennedy Polamalu, and Jedd Fisch).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It would be miraculous to have an accurate passer working in rhythm carving up the D underneath then burning them deep when they think they've got it figured out. Man, he's fun to watch. This is a no brainer, IMHO.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the video Vers what I see and get excited about that the kid isn't intimidated by the rush he stands in under pressure and how he feels the rush and steps up, but mostly its his accuracy on every level short middle and long ... thumbsup

Last edited by PastorMarc; 01/04/18 02:59 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I just watched some of the video and I agree, pastor. His ball placement is quite good, he seems to read the situation fast, too. Unless he kicks up a stink in public and is adamantly opposed to being here, he looks the part. I'd take him right now if I were Dorsey.

That throw early in the video - about a 20-yard throw going right to left on the computer screen, was a sweet pass. He kept it low and away cuz of the coverage but gave his receiver a nice ball.

Last edited by lampdogg; 01/04/18 07:39 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
So do you tell him tough ...um... beans and pick him anyhow or pick someone else?

If the Staff falls in love with him as our Franchise QB Prospect we still pick him. We will sell it that we want him to get the most for the first pick and ideally drop back to #2 with Giants if Rosen is not our guy!

He doesn't seem too tough which I don't like. The one game I saw he had to sit out the 2nd half due to injury...also concussion which does not have anything to do with toughness it has to do with being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What I don't like is once you have a concussion without a season apart you are more apt to sustain a concussion and I believe he had 2 this season. So in that regard its a bigger risk than another????

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think some of you guys remember how hard I as lobbying for Jimmy G. I loved his accuracy. Loved his quick release. Loved how quickly he went through progressions. My one concern is that he tried to fit the ball into tight windows too often and that might lead to picks.

Well, a lot of those things have been proven to be true once he got to SF. Dude took a team that was as bad as we are and led them to 5 straight wins. He had the highest QBR in the NFL during that span. He completely changed the culture in SF.

Rosen can do the same thing. The best comparison between the two is the accuracy. Not only do these two guys hit the receiver........they lead the receiver into yards after catch. This is beyond HUGE!

They both have great mechanics and read coverages post-snap.

The differences are that Rosen is a couple of inches taller. JG has a quicker release and probably reads defenses pre-snap better. Rosen has a better arm.

I don't get excited about too many quarterbacks. But, these two guys are what I think of when I consider what the Browns need.

I truly believe that we Rosen will be Chosen!

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Started watching it when I realized it was highlights not a cut-up:

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/11/27/josh-rosen-vs-usc-2017/

V
Legend
Legend
V
Oh my. Not all of us can do cut-ups. And some of us can learn by watching actual game tape, whether they be highlights or not.

I was hoping for a good conversation w/you, but once again, you disappoint.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I was a Wentz pimp. And really ticked off when I heard about the Jimmy trade to San Fran for 2rd pick. I told my son we should have offered our 2nd first and a 2nd rounder to the Pats to make them really think about needing Hoyer as part of the package. He laughed and said I was crazy. I guess some people just cant see it. A ONE a TWO ? he said .. are you NUTS Dad.. My god how many picks have we WASTED on scrubs over the years while collecting all these picks? I love Rosen and would turn in the card today. While were at it.. Id take Darnold as well at 4 if he was still there. Both of them ! Its time we fixed this mess.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post, except for taking Darnold at 4. I am not saying he is a bad prospect, but that is kinda drastic, bro. LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok Darnold at one it is.

Joe Thomas #73
V
Legend
Legend
V
Bucky Brooks on Rosen:

Quote:
He is unquestionably one of the best passers I've seen in my 20-plus years in scouting. From his flawless footwork and mechanics to his rare ability to change ball speed and trajectories, Rosen can make every throw in the book with minimal effort. He can fire a fastball between multiple defenders at intermediate range or toss a rainbow to a receiver 45 yards down the field on a post-corner route with a feathery touch. He is efficient with his footwork and throwing motion, exhibiting a balanced platform and compact delivery on nearly all of his throws. Thus, he can throw the ball over and around defenders while showing touch and pinpoint placement.

D
1st String
1st String
D
Bucky Brooks on Rosen:

Quote:
He is unquestionably one of the best passers I've seen in my 20-plus years in scouting. From his flawless footwork and mechanics to his rare ability to change ball speed and trajectories, Rosen can make every throw in the book with minimal effort. He can fire a fastball between multiple defenders at intermediate range or toss a rainbow to a receiver 45 yards down the field on a post-corner route with a feathery touch. He is efficient with his footwork and throwing motion, exhibiting a balanced platform and compact delivery on nearly all of his throws. Thus, he can throw the ball over and around defenders while showing touch and pinpoint placement.

Think Jeff George...

Just the dawg in me..........
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E

Oh my. Not all of us can do cut-ups. And some of us can learn by watching actual game tape, whether they be highlights or not.

I was hoping for a good conversation w/you, but once again, you disappoint.
I was also hoping for a good convo and your response was also once again disappointing.....and confusing.

I dont see how your response follows from my post.

I already stated that I haven't started watching Rosen yet.

Then I posted his actual USC game cut-up instead of the USC highlights.

I'm not sure what is dissappointing about posting the actual game cut-up and I don't understand how my post suggests I won't engage in a conversation? Especially since you know that I breakdown QBs every year and have threads discussing the prospects games that you are always invited to join.

Last edited by edromeo; 01/05/18 05:37 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: DeaconDawg
Bucky Brooks on Rosen:

Quote:

Think Jeff George...

Why?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have already said I don't know how to make the cut-ups. I have also said that I have a hard time seeing yours because they are so small.

I fully understand that many of the videos are highlight reels, but I can still use those "highlights" to find flaws in a qb.

I am not sure why we have to play by your rules. The only thing I can think of is that you want to control what we see and don't see. And I am not playing in that game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Thanks for posting. He's fun to watch. As well as he was slinging the ball, it was hard to believe he only had 7 points halfway through the third quarter.

Vers, if you haven't had the chance, take a look at it. It's the USC/UCLA cutups from Draft Breakdown. You shouldn't have any issue seeing it, and I think you'll enjoy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
1st String
1st String
D
Bucky Brooks on Rosen:

Quote:

Think Jeff George...

Why?

This is who Rosen reminds me of with attitude and playing ability. If you want a comparison, I think this is it.

Just the dawg in me..........
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I don’t understand how anyone can watch this kid play and not want him on their team. We can’t afford to pass on another franchise type QB. If it’s me I’m taking Josh with my first pick and its a no brainer.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bucky Brooks on Rosen:

Quote:

Think Jeff George...

Why?

This is who Rosen reminds me of with attitude and playing ability. If you want a comparison, I think this is it.

I can't see how you could possibly compare the two, even if I were granting you attitude which I am not. Comparing them physically or mechanically is wild.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: ttimothygman
I don’t understand how anyone can watch this kid play and not want him on their team. We can’t afford to pass on another franchise type QB. If it’s me I’m taking Josh with my first pick and its a no brainer.

I agree w/you.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I have already said I don't know how to make the cut-ups. I have also said that I have a hard time seeing yours because they are so small.
Huh?
Vers.
I didn't ask you to make-up cut-ups.

I really have no clue what you having a hard time seeing my gifs has to do with this conversation in any way.

I fully understand that many of the videos are highlight reels, but I can still use those "highlights" to find flaws in a qb.

I am not sure why we have to play by your rules. The only thing I can think of is that you want to control what we see and don't see. And I am not playing in that game.
Ok Vers; again I have no idea what you are talking about here. My rules? I'm trying to control what people see?

I'm searching my post for any comments even remotely close to what you are talking about and there are none.

I never said you couldn't judge a prospect from highlights. I didn't make any value judgement one way or another. I merely stated the fact that what you posted were highlights and not cut-ups.

I am not sure why you are getting so defensive from the mere posting of link to the cut-up game of all the plays.

You've turned this into some needlessly adversarial situation, out of thin air.

And part of the time I could have spent watching and discussing the game I had to spend addressing these baseless claims.

Last edited by edromeo; 01/05/18 03:48 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
You have any comments about Josh Rosen, ed? If so, please share.

Rookie
Rookie
After seeing that video I hope they go after Jordan Lasley hard too...

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Rosen is, by far, one of the most pro ready QBs to come out in a long time. He is just so solidly good. I really hope the Browns can convince him to come here.

Not that I would be disappointed in Darnold, but Rosen is just so good.

you had a good run Hank.
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

I got curious about Rosen's knee. How long has he been wearing that brace? If it was something that started in college, I'd know for sure that there was very possibly an injury. I went back through his entire Instagram history, and it seems he's been wearing it since he first started playing in high school. Guessing it's a fashion thing.

One thing that really stood out during my Instagram look - this kid never shuts up about football. Social media is how we project ourselves in the modern era. It's the most simple way to say to people, "This is who I am, and what I'm about."

From the time he started his Instagram until now, it seems Josh Rosen likes Football & Mila Kunis (Oh my word, that woman could make me a believer in a higher power). That's about it. For a guy with questions regarding his love of football, that's all he gets online for. Before this became real, before he was a likely #1 overall pick, he was posting about football, working with trainers and choosing that to be how he portrayed himself online - no fast cars, fancy houses or stacks of money. Only a reasonable amount of babes. Just football.

I was looking through this, thinking, "If NFL really does find an issues here, I'll be shocked."

I still think he's the #1 overall pick, and it isn't as much of a discussion as we all think it could be, but he's been a football guy before that was ever a real possibility.

He did make two pro-Steelers posts on Instagram, back in the day, so there is a character concern there. (Only half joking, there is legitimately something wrong with Steelers fans.)

Last edited by BDU; 01/06/18 04:07 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Interesting info. Thank you.

I think that there will be a lot of noise about prospects, but I think Rosen is clearly the best prospect in the draft.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Interesting info. Thank you.

I think that there will be a lot of noise about prospects, but I think Rosen is clearly the best prospect in the draft.

Yeah, good work bub.

Am I supposed to Consult My Physician if I have a "Chubby" for more than 4 hours? Cause mines been going on for 72 hours since these 2 declared!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Football and Mila Kunis? Cannot argue with that at all.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
"Mila Kunis" sounds like a venereal disease.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dave
"Mila Kunis" sounds like a venereal disease.

Sign me up, Cap!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If the Browns decide on Rosen or Darnold I will be excited. Anyone else at #1 would be a huge let down.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
If the Browns decide on Rosen or Darnold I will be excited. Anyone else at #1 would be a huge let down.

Agree, if we don't take a QB at 1 after passing and passing, I don't know what I will do.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Josh Rosen - continued

Link Copied to Clipboard