Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Your obsession with Trump, your constant stalking of me and digging through the archives for my posts from years ago combined with your obsession with Sodomy is a warning sign.

Call Helpline before it's too late.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/10/18 10:24 AM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Your obsession with Trump, your constant stalking of me and digging through the archives for my posts from years ago combined with your obsession with Sodomy is a warning sign.

Call Helpline before it's too late.

Dude is a living proof the old commercial was SPOT ON ... He is a GREAT EXAMPLE of ...

YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS!!!!

thumbsup

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
All BS aside, I don't really care about this bill as long as it requires a class and screening for the original permit. I can't imagine that they will put out a final bill that does not make states with no requirements step up their games.

This might actually be a hidden gem for gun control and all the Trumpians are for it! lol

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-cong...ty+act%22%5D%7D
I have stated multiple times, that to be able to get a CCW permit, you need to have training (in person, range training) - and should have to complete yearly qualifications as well. I don't think anyone on the right would disagree.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
All BS aside, I don't really care about this bill as long as it requires a class and screening for the original permit. I can't imagine that they will put out a final bill that does not make states with no requirements step up their games.

This might actually be a hidden gem for gun control and all the Trumpians are for it! lol

I have stated multiple times, that to be able to get a CCW permit, you need to have training (in person, range training) - and should have to complete yearly qualifications as well. I don't think anyone on the right would disagree.

And like your "It's like a driver's license!" comment, it's completely off base. In 5 or more states you do not need to have any sort of document to conceal carry.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/c

More Chicken Little sky is falling nonsense from the leftist totalitarians.

NC already recognizes issued concealed weapons permits from all other states. And IIRC Utah's permit is recognized in 28 states. So its not like the concept of reciprocity is something new and untested.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

And like your "It's like a driver's license!" comment, it's completely off base. In 5 or more states you do not need to have any sort of document to conceal carry.
No actually its not. And in those 5 or mores states, that's their prerogative. Those who carry in that state cannot carry in another state. See how that works? I live in one of those states actually. I can carry in WV without a permit, however if I want to carry in another state, I have to obtain a CCW permit.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
It is the totalitarians who are for the federal government to trample all over the States' rights.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Last edited by DevilDawg2847; 01/11/18 11:32 AM. Reason: double post from my phone :(

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Last edited by CHSDawg; 01/11/18 11:33 AM. Reason: fair
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
It is the totalitarians who are for the federal government to trample all over the States' rights.

I will agree with you that i think there is a legit, intellectual, legal discussion to be had on whether or not this is something the Feds should be dictating or if it's even necessary for them to get involved.

But legit and intellectual are automatic disqualifiers for DT lol

-Jack Burton

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So, based upon what I've referenced about NC's recognition of other State's issued permits, and Utah's permit being accepted in 28 States, it doesn't appear that this legislation is necessary let alone a Federal issue. UNLESS the Feds are willing to recognize your permit and allow you to carry on Fed property, which they wouldn't do. And currently there is no Fed law prohibiting States from entering into compacts that recognize another State's permits.

I rule that although benign in the legal sense, this does appear to be outside the Feds Constitutional Authority.

-Jack Burton

Legend
Legend

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/11/18 01:29 PM.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
So, based upon what I've referenced about NC's recognition of other State's issued permits, and Utah's permit being accepted in 28 States, it doesn't appear that this legislation is necessary let alone a Federal issue. UNLESS the Feds are willing to recognize your permit and allow you to carry on Fed property, which they wouldn't do. And currently there is no Fed law prohibiting States from entering into compacts that recognize another State's permits.

I rule that although benign in the legal sense, this does appear to be outside the Feds Constitutional Authority.

Yeah, Ohio's CCW is recognized by 33 states. I think someone hit the head on the nail earlier when they compared this situation to Driver Licenses. It's something that the States should agree on and not the federal government.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
Tye-dyed shirts were dead by then. Bell bottoms, the grave was being dug but leisure suits were strong and disco, while disgusting was "stayin' alive".

Now hang on. I am sitting here right now in a tye-dyed shirt

https://liquidblue.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns

I know I didn't have bell-bottoms I had flare bottoms. Also had tyedied shirts and also do you remember the pasley shirts. I had plenty of those also. Good times back then.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus House Approves Concealed-Carry Reciprocity

Link Copied to Clipboard