Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
3rd_and_20 #1390500 01/11/18 09:40 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Man this team blows. I’d try to trade everyone not named lebron. Or find a coach that actually has a clue. This team looks like the browns

Come on, the Cavs are not nearly that bad, but they ain't the same team since Kyrie left.

You obviously aren’t watching the games

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
leadtheway #1390505 01/11/18 09:43 PM
Legend
Legend
Man this team blows. I’d try to trade everyone not named lebron. Or find a coach that actually has a clue. This team looks like the browns

Come on, the Cavs are not nearly that bad, but they ain't the same team since Kyrie left.

The Browns lost all their games this season. Right now? The Cavs are 26 & 14. Big difference. It was your comparison.

3rd_and_20 #1390508 01/11/18 09:47 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L

The Browns lost all their games this season. Right now? The Cavs are 26 & 14. Big difference. It was your comparison.

Feels just like a browns game is my comparison, worthless players and constantly outcoached

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Rishuz #1390516 01/11/18 10:03 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

I never knew this site had a basketball thread lol

I knew I'm sure this has been brought up probably numerous times by others. But maybe someone can answer it, possibly? While disputing the Cavs last year...I kept seeing we were just too slow, old, lack of hustle and D, not wiry enough, coaching, and other traits to compete with Golden State. Off-season came and went...and in all fairness I don't think we addressed any of the issues (heck I think we magnified it). And now its rearing its face once again...How do we attempt to rectify it?

tru_dawgs #1390524 01/11/18 10:16 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
JC...

I never knew this site had a basketball thread lol

I knew I'm sure this has been brought up probably numerous times by others. But maybe someone can answer it, possibly? While disputing the Cavs last year...I kept seeing we were just too slow, old, lack of hustle and D, not wiry enough, coaching, and other traits to compete with Golden State. Off-season came and went...and in all fairness I don't think we addressed any of the issues (heck I think we magnified it). And now its rearing its face once again...How do we attempt to rectify it?

Besides dosing the whole team every game (or at least in the playoffs) with Adderall and steroids? laugh (J.K.) You got me.

Rishuz #1390544 01/11/18 10:53 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, this has been a horrific performance.

I have three things to say:

1. Once again, I think working in IT and TT is going to take some time. We don't have a flow right now.

2. If this team doesn't play better defense, they have no chance. We played lazy defense tonight.

3. We need a rim protector. I would love to see Jordan here, but I would settle for a guy who will bust dudes in the mouth when they attack the rim.

Rishuz #1390545 01/11/18 10:55 PM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
They were partying last night with Drake for DWade's birthday.

Versatile Dog #1390593 01/12/18 02:32 AM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
2. If this team doesn't play better defense, they have no chance. We played lazy defense tonight.

This is what we've been saying. Easiest bet I made tonight was the Raptors.

I do think some of this is complacency. They look uninterested. They've had no challenge the last 3 years, and I think there's a mental affect from that. They're not hungry.

Rishuz #1390596 01/12/18 02:33 AM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
They're Rocky from Rocky III.

Rishuz #1390606 01/12/18 04:43 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
can someone explain to me what the hell I just watched?

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Rishuz #1390607 01/12/18 05:05 AM
Legend
Legend
man, we suck

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Rishuz #1390611 01/12/18 06:46 AM
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Let the panic trades begin

Rishuz #1390632 01/12/18 09:18 AM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Now Lue telling the media that certain players have agenda's. Between that and Lebron blowing up on the coaches and teammates last night, the wheels are shaking loose. Lebron has looked like he's just out there...he had 1 assist last night..Lebron is a big part of the problem on offense, he just pounds the air out of the ball until he sees a pass that will get him an assist instead of just keeping the ball moving. We go as lebron goes. I am curious how much we are going to get out of IT, he's had a couple good years and I attribute that to Brad Stevens, dude is easily the best coach in the NBA. I think coaching is still our weakest link as a team, but man JR is just utter trash. Crowder would be good off the bench. TT should be used situationally. The rotations aren't good, he needs to go deeper to try to find something. Yeah we have a few months left before games start to really matter, but seeding is pretty important this year in the east I think, we look extremely vulnerable this year, alot more than in years past, and now there discord between players and coaching. Lue keeps airing stuff to the media then Lebron is going to fire him. Not sure I've seen lebron as fed up as I did last night, you can tell he knows this is more than just a few off nights. This is a bigger problem. That winning streak seems like ages ago

leadtheway #1390642 01/12/18 09:36 AM
Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Rishuz #1390652 01/12/18 10:01 AM
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
I am looking forward to "The Real Housewives of Lake Erie " to end, this team is OLD , Unlikable, slow and OLD

Rishuz #1390653 01/12/18 10:02 AM
Legend
Legend
We had the same stretch last year in January. I'd actually prefer we rest guys. Even give Lebron a week or two off due to a fake injury. Let the bench battle through January and early Feb.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Punchsmack #1390656 01/12/18 10:07 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
We always have these stretches and yet we make the Finals.

I really do think there is something to us learning the rotations and figuring out how to mesh w/IT specifically and even TT being inserted into the lineups.

We were something like 2 and 7 at the start of the year while we figured out how to play w/Wade, Green, Crowder, etc. We then won around 19 of 21 w/that lineup. We have struggled since TT and IT came back. With LeBron here, that always seems to happen. I think he is trying to figure out how to get the best out of these guys. We should be good to go for the playoffs.

I also don't get people hating on LeBron. How fun was it when he left for Miami? We were a damn lottery team every year. Folks should be careful what they wish for.

Punchsmack #1390657 01/12/18 10:09 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
We had the same stretch last year in January. I'd actually prefer we rest guys. Even give Lebron a week or two off due to a fake injury. Let the bench battle through January and early Feb.

That's sort of the problem. I think Lebron KNOWS he needs to coast in December and January so that his body is in top condition come May and June. So, he plays at 50% at mails it in this time of year to save himself. The problem is the rest of the team does the same thing and plays like trash because they all key off of him.

ExclDawg #1390668 01/12/18 10:24 AM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

That's sort of the problem. I think Lebron KNOWS he needs to coast in December and January so that his body is in top condition come May and June. So, he plays at 50% at mails it in this time of year to save himself. The problem is the rest of the team does the same thing and plays like trash because they all key off of him.

If this is what is happening, that really bothers me. LeBron should be setting the right example. I think one of the biggest problems with this team the past few years is the lack of good habits. They know they can't beat the Warriors without playing good D yet they put no effort in on that side of the ball. The whole focus of the team should be on doing the things it takes to win it all. That includes coaching. This could be the last hoorah.

We need a 2 guard desperately. JR is really bad right now. A 2 guard is supposed to give you consistent scoring. JR cannot create his own shot, his 3 ball has been average, his defense has fallen off, and he's averaging in single digits. A trade for Jordan and Williams is starting to look really good if you're going all in on this year. The problem with that is you're screwed beyond this year with a trade like that if LeBron bolts.

I want to enjoy watching the games and it's been hard. Last night was not something new. They've looked like this a lot this season.

Rishuz #1390688 01/12/18 10:53 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
If this is what is happening, that really bothers me. LeBron should be setting the right example.

Eh, it's really not as easy as that. As much as we the fans think players should play at 110% every day they hit the floor, the human body just can't do that night after night. Your body will fatigue and break down after about 3-4 months of maximum effort. If you pace yourself, you actually train your body to hit max efficiency at a certain point, and then go all out for those last couple of months. But it requires you to go 50%, 60%, 70% for those few months leading into it. That's how guys train for things like the Tour de France. The contenders for that are usually pretty pedestrian in races leading up to it.

I think Lebron knows that, and tries to save himself for June. But like I'm saying, it's a double-edged sword. The rest of the team goes as Lebron goes. Rather than picking up the slack and balling-out for Lebron in his downtime, they take it easy too.

This was actually the hidden value of Delly in our Championship year. If you remember he had his best games in the early part of the season that year. While he was helping to grind out victories and inject some energy into the rest of the team, Lebron got his rest. When the playoffs came around, fatigue had set in and Delly just didn't have it anymore. That's sort of what happens, but it was what Lebron needed to be ready for the Finals.

ExclDawg #1390719 01/12/18 12:02 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
If this is what is happening, that really bothers me. LeBron should be setting the right example.

Eh, it's really not as easy as that. As much as we the fans think players should play at 110% every day they hit the floor, the human body just can't do that night after night. Your body will fatigue and break down after about 3-4 months of maximum effort. If you pace yourself, you actually train your body to hit max efficiency at a certain point, and then go all out for those last couple of months. But it requires you to go 50%, 60%, 70% for those few months leading into it. That's how guys train for things like the Tour de France. The contenders for that are usually pretty pedestrian in races leading up to it.

I think Lebron knows that, and tries to save himself for June. But like I'm saying, it's a double-edged sword. The rest of the team goes as Lebron goes. Rather than picking up the slack and balling-out for Lebron in his downtime, they take it easy too.

This was actually the hidden value of Delly in our Championship year. If you remember he had his best games in the early part of the season that year. While he was helping to grind out victories and inject some energy into the rest of the team, Lebron got his rest. When the playoffs came around, fatigue had set in and Delly just didn't have it anymore. That's sort of what happens, but it was what Lebron needed to be ready for the Finals.

heres my whole problem with the playing half ass during the season....we are the only ones doing it. GS sure isn't playing like that, neither is boston, because they have great coaching and they know that this is the time you build the good habits so that you're not just figuring it out in the postseason. Yeah we won in 2016 but that team played much better defense and that was mostly all Blatt, he made them play defense, Lue didn't tinker with much when he took over, Blatt took a team missing love/kyrie to 1 game of beating GS, GS dealt with Bogut hurt and green suspension for pivotal game 4 and we got some luck finally. Lets not pretend we were dominant, last year showed how bad we are on defense and we can't just do what we want on offense..guys like Korver and TT got exposed. JR is trash... this is nothing like last year...everyone acts like the finals is some kind of achievement, 2nd place is still first loser. You're trying to win a ring, not get to the finals..this team as constructed will not win a ring. Changes have to be made, not only to personnel but scheme.. I still don't think Lue is the coach that can right this ship...he has no clue what NBA defense should look like. He literally said his defense is more offense.. Fire him now and bring in Mark Jackson..going to happen next year if lebron stays and we don't win it all this year, give yourself a chance this year. We have some major holes and poor decisions by Griffin put us here...the TT/JR/Shump contracts are criminal, though I blame more lebron than Griff because we all know Lebron and co. meddles incessantly. Bottom line this team isn't even worth tuning into right now because the outcomes are predictable. We are second to dead last in defense, and then we put the guy who was statistically the worst defensive player in the NBA in the starting lineup..not sure how this is going to turn out..hate to say it but if we can snag a defensive/assist oriented PG I'd trade IT in a heartbeat, but that move is dependent on what we do with other moves, like if we upgrade the 2 so we can replace and improve scoring on the starting unit

leadtheway #1390859 01/12/18 03:06 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Trade talk: Report says Cavs willing to move Thompson

With the Cleveland Cavaliers struggling mightily, not win games, but to simply be competitive in them, at this point, it comes as no surprise trade rumors have been ignited.

The latest comes from Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports, who reported the Cavaliers would be wiling to include Tristan Thompson. Per his report:

As teams pick up trade activity before the trade deadline, the Cavaliers are shaping up to be perhaps the most fascinating contending team.

They have two first-round draft picks — including the heralded Brooklyn Nets’ selection via the (Kyrie) Irving trade — but the superstar player whom the franchise could pursue with that pick has not been made available.

Multiple NBA teams have cited Tristan Thompson as an asset Cleveland is willing to move in the right deal, such as one for the Los Angeles Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan.

Nevertheless, the superstar talent of Oklahoma City’s Paul George or New Orleans’ DeMarcus Cousins, each deserving of that Nets first-rounder, won’t see the light in this trade market as of right now, league sources said, as those teams are fully focused on winning with each respective player.

Thompson, 26, missed six weeks with a strained calf and has been working his way back into top playing shape.

While the Cavaliers (25-16) have hit the skids, Thompson has made small strikes as of late.

In his las four games, contests in which Cleveland has gone 1-3, Thompson has averaged 8.0 points and 8.5 rebounds in 22.2 minutes per game.

The 6-foot-9, 238-pounder out of the University of Texas, Thompson is making $16,400,000 this season and is owed $17,469,565 in 2018-19 and $18,539,130 in 2019-20.

http://amicohoops.net/trade-talk-report-says-cavs-willing-to-move-thompson/

Cool with me but that contract may be an issue. It is crazy that the guy is only 26. Both he and Kyrie came onto the team at such young ages.

Tackles are tackles.
Rishuz #1390909 01/12/18 03:54 PM
Legend
Legend
I'll take two Cousins in Cleveland this year please. #ClevelandCousins

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Punchsmack #1391030 01/12/18 07:08 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

This hasn't been talked about much, but what about JR Smith? The guy has been horrible since he signed that contract. He is averaging 7 pts a game and didn't even score last night. Please!

Rishuz #1391045 01/12/18 08:10 PM
Legend
Legend
Playing with a lot of energy so far, let's see if it's sustainable.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Versatile Dog #1391046 01/12/18 08:12 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

This hasn't been talked about much, but what about JR Smith? The guy has been horrible since he signed that contract. He is averaging 7 pts a game and didn't even score last night. Please!

Lead talks about it all the time. I mentioned it a few posts up.

Horrible is an understatement.

Rishuz #1391047 01/12/18 08:32 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Jefferson destroying TT

Rishuz #1391048 01/12/18 08:33 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I like green, he goes 100% all the time

Rishuz #1391057 01/12/18 09:33 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
So many scrubs. Seriously Lue is the problem

Rishuz #1391059 01/12/18 09:44 PM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
lol LeBron is unraveling against Stephenson.

CHSDawg #1391060 01/12/18 09:46 PM
Legend
Legend
Looks like he tickled Lebron, lol.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1391062 01/12/18 09:49 PM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Looks like he tickled Lebron, lol.

I hate the dude, but you have to give him credit for trolling LeBron so well and so successfully. LeBron must hate that dude.

Cedi has flashes of really good defense, but other than that he just looks lost.

Rishuz #1391065 01/12/18 10:16 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
This team as constructed isn’t going anywhere

leadtheway #1391066 01/12/18 10:17 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Awesome analysis.

Rishuz #1391067 01/12/18 10:19 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
So I didn't watch the game but saw the Cavs were up 20+ in the first half and just lost.

What the hell happened?

Rishuz #1391069 01/12/18 10:21 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
They were up 58-44 at the half. And lost.

Wow.

This team is trash.

Rishuz #1391070 01/12/18 10:23 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Love was 8-14, shooting 57%, and only got 14 shots.

At some point the coaching has to be questioned.

Rishuz #1391071 01/12/18 10:23 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
It’s Lue, dude is clueless. Guys like korver, JR, TT and crowder just stealing money. Looking like one of the worst trades ever. Kyrie has to be laughing. He knew what was coming.

leadtheway #1391072 01/12/18 10:25 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Korver was 0-5 on 3s.

This team just stinks right now.

Rishuz #1391073 01/12/18 10:25 PM
R
Rishuz Offline OP