Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I would like to meet some DawgTalkers. I've only met ColumbusDawg, and that because my ST seats are one section over from his. Since I'm retiring this week, I will have a lot more free time. smile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Any 4th quarter game plans?

(0-20, 1st quarter; 20-40, 2nd quarter; 40-60, 3rd quarter; 60 and up, 4th quarter)

(assuming your not retiring early)

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote above by arch:

Quote:
Nah, I was serious. I want to know what people think of me.

Arch, I was born with an uncanny ability of knowing what someone looks like on the basis of their name alone.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Probably not. A long way to go to go watch a practice. When it's over I have to get a hotel room, then drive back the next day.

Don't do this around me. I realize there are a lot of locals, so do it when you can. I am just saying that there are people who live more than 50 miles away who would probably join if there was a game since they are going anyway. I know I plan on 6 home games a year. It usually turn to 5 once we are out of it and the Dec. forecast is calling for snow and 20 degrees.

I assume we would seek decent weather so would think Sept or Oct still provides decent tempatures. Columbus and Saint usually throw tailgate parties. I think one of those would be the perfect time to meet some fellow dawgs. I have met many of you just like that. The only game I know I won't go to is the Falcons game, whenever it is. When you have a chance to sell your tickets at full price, you jump. I just hope it isn't the home opener, but, so be it....I am selling that game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'd like to see the crew again...can't believe it's been since the season opener in '07...before marriage, career and kids. I must look like I've aged 60 years since then.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
People don't have to go to the game to join a tailgate.

I've always wondered, do people watch TV outside the stadium at a tailgate? I'd be all for attending and then watching the game on TV. These days I'd really struggle with the trek up to and into my seat at the stadium, and then back again. Whew.

Always thought it would be cool to see the game right outside the stadium and hear the crowd roar real-time. (Maybe not. It wouldn't be sync'd up. TV's on a delay.

Maybe it's stupid.

I don't think many do. If it wasn't a lot, it could be one of the pubs downtown. They have TV's for those not going to the actual game. All those places open at 8 or 9, serve breakfast..

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
I think that's a separate thread, arch.

Start it.

I'm fully capable of dealing with it. Good, bad, or indifferent.

I think i know what you look like Arch.

Once upon a time there was a "what Dawgtalkers look like" thread started by Michelle, she had a link in her sig which took you to a gallery of all of us, i'm pretty sure you were on there. I'm thinking close cropped hair, arms crossed next to an orange pick up or something.

Also, Da Man wasn't that hot (if i was that way inclined wink )

For the record, I started that thread. It was fun. She started a scrapbook of sorts where you could post your pic.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I'd like to see the crew again...can't believe it's been since the season opener in '07...before marriage, career and kids. I must look like I've aged 60 years since then.

It has been a while, Lover! tongue

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Good idea for a thread, Cal.

I met some of the dawgs one cold night when we played Denver. I think it was BQ's first start. I had a really good time.

I'd like to meet guys like you, but I have to admit, there are about 6 dudes that would have to apologize real quick or I would slap them silly. And that would just get me in trouble, thus I probably won't attend.

I am sure you are kidding because none of that is allowed.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
hey Rocky ... how do you put an image into your posts? I knew how, then forgot how tongue

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I would like to meet some DawgTalkers. I've only met ColumbusDawg, and that because my ST seats are one section over from his. Since I'm retiring this week, I will have a lot more free time. smile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Any 4th quarter game plans?

(0-20, 1st quarter; 20-40, 2nd quarter; 40-60, 3rd quarter; 60 and up, 4th quarter)

(assuming your not retiring early)
Thanks. Turning 63 in June. I'm leaving some pension money on the table, but it's time. No big plans, travel, spend more time doing my hobbies. For the first few months I have to conserve til the retirement income kicks in.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yeah, this should be as inclusive as possible, and I know it's tough for people living out of state or far away. I do want to do it during nice weather. I figured summer or camp would be a nice breakup when there's little to no football action, but the tailgate idea isn't a bad idea at all. So I'll ask these questions:

Who's definitely in?

Who's more likely to come if it were during a game as opposed to a camp day?

Let's start a list.

Sidenotes:

DawgTalker Get-Together Rule #1: No slapping.

Vers, we want to see you there!

(I figure the added benefit is if we get to know one another we might be nicer to each other on the board.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'd probably go.

I always send an invite out on the game day thread for our tailgates, met a lot of people from the board way. It's always cool to put a face with a name. Planning a DT tailgate during the season would be cool too - no reason we couldn't do both! smile

I also host a draft party at my house in C-bus. DTers are welcome to that as well.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FYI, My Season ticket rep has been writing me and mine handwritten notes.. invites to lunch etc.. How's the dog?

IMO I think they have been told to do what it takes to retain ticket sales especially after our perfect season.

I think we can approach them and have our own VIP tent at camp. We just need to ask for it.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
As GM said, Dawgtalkers day at camp was a blast.. In fact, that's how I met GM and a bunch of other guys.. Lots of fun..

I'd be up for that on a Saturday or Sunday during camp..

FYI, they won't let you bring drinks or food into camp, they have Beer and Food Vendors on site.

But the time between the Morning and afternoon practice, we'd go to a local sports bar to do some drinking and eating of Junkfood....

Great times, I miss them

It used to be that the Browns would treat us like royality.. then I don't know what the hell happened. It's as if we became second class citizens....

Maybe we can talk to them and see if they'll treat us like they used to.

I'd go....,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
DT day at camp was a blast ... I'd be 95% down for a TC day .. maybe 10% down for a game day

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
People are surprised that I don't look a day over 130 saywhat

Even 125 on a good day. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Dawg Talk Day was in the top 10 experiences I've ever had as a Browns fan. VIP pass, media guide and catered food for all of us. I met many posters on the board. Some still here and some no longer posting. But it was a wonderful way of putting faces and voices to my fellow posters.

It's amazing how some of them were exactly as expected and some almost the complete opposite of what you expected. I highly doubt I would travel from Nashville for such an event but for those who haven't met many of the posters on the board, I highly recommend it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
...plus you'll get to see Vers kickin' all our asses! smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Vers and I often disagree and we used to fight like cats and dogs. Then we met for lunch in Nashville. As usual people are often different in person than the perception we gather from them on a message board. I can't speak for him but I believe he was using hyperbole. lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
FYI, My Season ticket rep has been writing me and mine handwritten notes.. invites to lunch etc.. How's the dog?

IMO I think they have been told to do what it takes to retain ticket sales especially after our perfect season.

I think we can approach them and have our own VIP tent at camp. We just need to ask for it.

You could be right. I had a phone call. Said if I was ever up, he'd take me to lunch, show me around.

Hard job for the guy, sounded nervous....I let him know about 2 minutes in I wasn't going to bail on my seats or the team, that I was going to give it 1 more year and make my decision then.

I felt sorry for him. I am sure he got a ear full about every 3rd call. Too bad they make those people make the calls. Had Hue called, the conversation would have been different. It's hard to sell tickets to people when you have a coach who has really never won a game for us....I don't count a last play blocked kick as a great coaching effort by the head coach.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
As GM said, Dawgtalkers day at camp was a blast.. In fact, that's how I met GM and a bunch of other guys.. Lots of fun..

I'd be up for that on a Saturday or Sunday during camp..

FYI, they won't let you bring drinks or food into camp, they have Beer and Food Vendors on site.

But the time between the Morning and afternoon practice, we'd go to a local sports bar to do some drinking and eating of Junkfood....

Great times, I miss them

It used to be that the Browns would treat us like royality.. then I don't know what the hell happened. It's as if we became second class citizens....

Maybe we can talk to them and see if they'll treat us like they used to.

I'd go....,

I don't get this "Treat us like they used to". The team treats me fine.

I am not really expecting anything out of the team except win some games. I don't need a free hotdog to feel appreciated, and I spend $3200 a year on my two seats.

Through a mutual friend, Bob Corker, my wife got Jimmy Haslam to write me a birthday letter a few years ago, and he sent me a few hats for both good and cold weather. I am looking at the letter now.

I appreciated that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
‘peen above:

Quote:
I don't need a free hotdog to feel appreciated, and I spend $3200 a year on my two seats.

Quote:
Through a mutual friend, Bob Corker, my wife got Jimmy Haslam to write me a birthday letter a few years ago, and he sent me a few hats for both good and cold weather. I am looking at the letter now.

I appreciated that.

When someone is a regular customer who spends $3200/year they better be treated like royalty.

Let me put it another way:

...............Cleveland Browns
....(partial)Income Statement

‘Peen Revenue (from seat only)……...….. $3,200
‘Peen Expenses (from seat only)……..……..<$100
Net Income from ‘peen (seat only)….....…$3,100

(I’m estimating that the incremental cost to the Browns of having you as a season ticket holder of two seats in the stadium is less than $100/year)(seat wear and tear, you don't make a big mess, right?, also your share of the overall stadium overhead costs (electric, security, property tax etc...)(but those are fixed costs - the Browns incur them whether those seats are rented or not)

Of course there's also revenues from parking, concessions, paraphernalia right? Maybe another $1,000/year?

And if those seats are not sold, total revenue from 'peen = $0.

Haslam should be coming down and giving you a big butt smooch before cold games.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I think that's a separate thread, arch.

Start it.

I'm fully capable of dealing with it. Good, bad, or indifferent.

I think i know what you look like Arch.

Once upon a time there was a "what Dawgtalkers look like" thread started by Michelle, she had a link in her sig which took you to a gallery of all of us, i'm pretty sure you were on there. I'm thinking close cropped hair, arms crossed next to an orange pick up or something.

Also, Da Man wasn't that hot (if i was that way inclined wink )

For the record, I started that thread. It was fun. She started a scrapbook of sorts where you could post your pic.

Maybe my memory wasn't so great wink

Yeah she had a link in her sig as I recall. Was great to put faces to names.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
My wife and I attended a couple of DT days a few years back and might be interested again. We enjoyed ourselves...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Don't worry I am sure you still look like a lover (Insert kissy face emoticon)

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sounds Interesting thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Okay, here’s what we have so far:

CalDawg
GMdawg
Dawgs4Life - Prefers TC day
FATE
1oldMutt - Undeclared
Bard Dawg
Baleen - Prefers Tailgate Party
rockyhilldawg - Undeclared
jfanent - Undeclared
ddubia
archbolddawg - Undeclared (but wants people to guess what he looks like)
Jester - If he can get here
Tulsa - Lives too far away to come for some cheesecake and a salad
Versatile Dog - Definite maybe
lampdogg - Undeclared
clwb419
Riddler - Lives in Australia so probably no
W84NxtYrAgain
dawglover05
columbusdawg
SaintDawg - Prefers TC day (I think)
Damanshot - Prefers TC day
YTownBrownsFan - Undeclared
PitDAWG - Undeclared
mac - Definite maybe
PastorMarc

That’s 12 open for anything, 3 prefer a TC day, 1 prefers Tailgate Party, and 7 undeclared.

If you want to change your designation just copy and paste it into a new reply and put your new designation beside your name. If your name isn’t on the list, copy and paste, then add your name and designation.

So far so good!

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
If you guys are willing to fly to LA, we can have it at my house.

CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Or... you could fly here. thumbsup

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You can put me on the list as an undeclared definite maybe... I'm in the same boat as Peen in that it's a 9-10 hour drive so it would have to be something I could plan at least a whole weekend around... a game, concert, other events, etc...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

CalDawg
GMdawg
FATE
1oldMutt - Undeclared
Bard Dawg
jfanent - Tailgate
ddubia
lampdogg - Undeclared
clwb419
W84NxtYrAgain
dawglover05
columbusdawg
PitDAWG - Undeclared
mac - Definite maybe
PastorMarc

That’s 12 open for anything, 3 prefer a TC day, 2 prefer Tailgate Party, and 6 undeclared.

If you want to change your designation just copy and paste it into a new reply and put your new designation beside your name. If your name isn’t on the list, copy and paste, then add your name and designation.

So far so good!

Updated with my preference.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm there. Sign me up.

As long as I can get ~ a 2 month notice for dates to make arrangements.

My personal preference would be cooler weather. But hell, you only live once (unless you're a Buddhist). I'll come in August.

I might even be able to get some SNEBB members to serve as my court appointed accompanying mandatory parole officers.

CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
lol, awesome. I don't know If I can guarantee two months notice, but I'll do my best. In the meantime, can you do an Ohio plate for me: CalDawg

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This is a great idea, Cal!

I am definitely in for attending. We had one during TC since this board started.... perhaps it was 2007? I can't recall for certain, but that makes the most sense.

I am on board with both the idea of doing a DT Day at training camp as well as doing a picnic in the summer down in the Metro Parks.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent

CalDawg
GMdawg
FATE
1oldMutt - Undeclared
Bard Dawg
jfanent - Tailgate
ddubia
lampdogg - Undeclared
clwb419
W84NxtYrAgain
dawglover05
columbusdawg
YTownBrownsFan - Depends on how my feet recover as the fluid drains. It's hard for me to drive, but I would consider TC if I felt I could.
PitDAWG - Undeclared
mac - Definite maybe
PastorMarc

That’s 12 open for anything, 3 prefer a TC day, 2 prefer Tailgate Party, and 6 undeclared.

So far so good!

Updated with my preference.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
lol, awesome. I don't know If I can guarantee two months notice, but I'll do my best. In the meantime, can you do an Ohio plate for me: CalDawg

Piece of Cake.

Send check to:

William H. Harrison Correctional Center
854 Deadend Blvd
Chillicothe, OH 44506

attn: rockyhilldawg

Allow 5-10 years for delivery.

Legend
Legend
I’m in.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

CalDawg
GMdawg
FATE
1oldMutt - Undeclared
Bard Dawg
jfanent - Undeclared
ddubia
Tulsa - If we can secure Hue jumping in the lake while I’m there, I’ll fly in!
lampdogg - Undeclared
clwb419
W84NxtYrAgain
dawglover05
columbusdawg
PitDAWG - Undeclared
mac - Definite maybe
PastorMarc

That’s 12 open for anything, 3 prefer a TC day, 1 prefers Tailgate Party, and 7 undeclared.

So far so good!

My status is updated.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
You copied the wrong one, lol.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
You copied the wrong one, lol.

But I used last weeks carbon paper.

#GMSTRONG
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum DawgTalker Get-Together?

Link Copied to Clipboard