Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1410384 02/24/18 08:03 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
We've got Myles and Ogbah, but you can never have too many guys to get after the passer.

While there are things to like about the top QBs, there is no clear consensus. I'm not 100 percent sold on any of them, so I've been looking at other options at the top of the draft.

I'd seen Chubb mocked high in the draft, so I decided to watch him some. He looks similar to Barnett from last year to me. Not necessarily a transcendent talent, but he'll start for someone next season.

Landry is a guy I remember being interested in last year, but I was somewhat underwhelmed with the film I've seen this season. I think he may have been dealing with some nagging injuries. He's still somewhat interesting, but more in the round 2 range.

I'd heard the Marcus Davenport hype, but had kind of brushed it off as he played at UTSA. I wasn't super impressed with the 1 on 1s I saw from the Senior Bowl. However, I watched several of his games today, and I'm starting to understand the hype. I think I like him better than Chubb.

What do the rest of you all think about this class of edge rushers? Who else should I watch?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Like Chubb but he's the same type of base end that the Browns already have 3 of....Garrett, Ogbah and Nassib.

I wouldn't be mad at the pick though I would prefer a bendy, speed rusher types like Davenport and Landry. Their combines are gonna be huge for them.
If Landry can post well at the combine teams could over look his injury plagued season.

After them there really aren't any edge rushers I like other then Oko Ogbonnia but he's a little fella. I mean i like Edmunds but can he be an outside edge rusher?

Last edited by edromeo; 02/24/18 08:16 PM.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Think Chubb is gonna be pretty good, Davenport has all that you’d ask from an edge rusher, but will probably need some time. To me this looks to be a solid draft for edge rushers.....

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Edge Rushers in the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard