Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Haus Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
H
http://www.newsweek.com/eric-trump-trolls-cnn-fox-news-tv-ratings-nielsen-831181

Quote:
ERIC TRUMP TROLLS CNN WITH POOR TV RATINGS REPORT, WHILE FOX NEWS DOMINATES VIEWERSHIP

Eric Trump continued President Donald Trump's legacy of trashing CNN and monitoring television ratings. On Monday, he called CNN "totally irrelevant" for falling well behind Fox News in overall viewership for February.

"Congratulations @FoxNews: Fox has 15 of the top 20 shows with @SeanHannity and @TuckerCarlson leading the pack at 1st and 2nd respectively," the younger Trump tweeted. "CNN has become totally irrelevant, down 19% from last year with only 1 show in the Top 25 (#24th)."

Indeed, none of CNN's programs cracked the top 20 most watched news shows, according to an Adweek report citing Nielsen Media's February report.

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/970632483502002176/photo/1

The most watched CNN show in February was Anderson Cooper 360 coming in at 24 with 1.07 million viewers, or about a third of the top performing shows: Hannity, with 3.33 million viewers and Tucker Carlson Tonight, with 3.14 million.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow came in third with 2.87 million viewers.

CNN performed better when it came to the 25-52 age demographic—a base advertisers typically look to target—though Fox News remained dominant in that category as well. Cooper's show came in tenth with 386,000 viewers while Sean Hannity picked up 711,000 viewers, good for first place, followed by Tucker Carlson Tonight with 650,000. The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell and All In with Chris Hayes on MSNBC finished eighth and ninth, respectively, in both overall viewership (2.1 million and 1.9 million) and the 25-52 demographic (457,000 and 411,000).

RELATED: Trump Falsely Claims His State of the Union Was Most Watched, When Obama and Bush Had More Viewers

Maddow decidedly improved her numbers from last February, according to Adweek, when Maddow ranked seventh with 2.23 million overall viewers and sixth among 25 to 52 year olds. She recorded 641,000 such viewers this past February.

CNN fared worse, year-over-year. Cooper's show dropped two spots from eighth in the 25-52 age range while Erin Burnett's Outfront dropped from 10th in 2017 to 13th in 2018. Among overall viewers for this February, Burnett's show ranked 28th with 986,000.

Lambasting CNN has become a family affair for the Trumps. The president and his sons Eric and Donald Jr., have all repeatedly labeled the network "fake news."

On February 1, the president touted Fox News' viewership during his first State of the Union speech, though he falsely stated the network had 11.7 million viewers when it was a slightly more modest 11.5 million. Trump also falsely claimed that his was the most watched such address, though both presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush had more viewers tune into their State of the Union speeches.

I don't watch a whole lot of cable TV news, but I do flip through the channels in the evening from time to time. Hannity and Carlson do seem like the best of the bunch. I'm glad that is reflected in the ratings (along with many other shows on Fox.)

Keep up the good work fellas thumbsup

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Good thing they aren't the mainstream media.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
1......2......3.......FAKE NEWS!

Legend
Legend
I watch various News outlets.
FOX is the place to get the News the others refuse to report because it doesn't fit the Liberal/Progressive agenda. thumbsup

FOX reports on Universities that offer counselling after a Conservative speaks. rofl

FOX reports where companies and universities edit or ban Conservative speech.

FOX points out the Liberal/Progressive law breaking over illegal aliens in our cities.

FOX has people from both sides on most of its news shows.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/06/18 01:17 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes, the fake news.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
FOX is the place to get the News the others refuse to report because it doesn't fit the Liberal/Progressive agenda. thumbsup

I think that's just it. It's not that they are necessarily better, it's just the only option you have if you don't want news slanted the other way.

If you have 10 pizza restaurants and one taco restaurant in town, then the taco restaurant will probably get a lot of business, even if they aren't the best tacos. And everyone refuses to sell taco pizzas.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

I think that's just it. It's not that they are necessarily better, it's just the only option you have if you don't want news slanted the other way.

If you have 10 pizza restaurants and one taco restaurant in town, then the taco restaurant will probably get a lot of business, even if they aren't the best tacos. And everyone refuses to sell taco pizzas.
thanks, right before lunch you talk about tacos when I started on a diet. . . . .

Legend
Legend
Mmmmmm Tacos.

Made by legal hands is even better.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I LOVE watching Carlson ... he don’t let those POS get away with squat ... he’ll ask the same damm question 10 times before he gives up ...

His facial expressions ROCK ....

TUCKER TUCKER TUCKER ....

He’s certainly no Rachel Maddow .... rofl ...

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Fox has 15 of the Top 20 Most Watched News Shows

Link Copied to Clipboard