Next Thread
Print Thread
#1415653 03/06/18 03:25 PM
R
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Wondering why nobody is considering him, he's impressive, specially on the ILB position...

4.54 on the 40 yard dash, which is good,but only 19 reps on the bench press...

STRENGTHS Unique size with long limbs and a rangy frame. Wears his weight with ease. Frame is destined to become even more imposing with additional weight work. Feet pump and trigger like pistons. Excellent lateral quickness to scrape and stalk. Uses his size and speed to cast a wide, playmaking net and cover large swaths of grass. Twitches for a second when it is time to make a play. Spins out of blocks to find his way back into the play. Combines length with rare reactive athleticism and agility to access and tackle opportunities from unconventional angles. Captures and finishes as a tackler at highly efficient rate. Elite traits help to create sensational production across the board. Disruptive in all phases. Electric as "add-on" rusher when back stays in. Has length and burst to affect pocket as edge rusher. Effective man cover talent with ability to match shifty running backs and bulky tight ends.

WEAKNESSES Instincts are average and relies on athletic gifts. Can be a step slow to diagnose. Lured by misdirection. Will take random downhill paths that trap him in the quagmire. Patience is lacking. Races ahead of plays and voids his leverage and run fits at times. Needs to add more upper and lower body strength. Average base strength and high center of gravity create issues holding up at the point of attack. Needs to be quicker to punch in order to maintain clearance. Mental busts in man coverage hurt his team. Takes time to process moving pieces.

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/06/18 03:26 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Wondering why nobody is considering him, he's impressive, specially on the ILB position...

Because linebacker is one of the positions we don't really need anyone. We have three pretty good guys and we already play them all too much.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Because linebacker is one of the positions we don't really need anyone. We have three pretty good guys and we already play them all too much.

This. This. This. Not even sure this 19 year old could start on our defense.

R
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R

Honestly don't think our LB's are that great... specially considering the quality of our DL.

Edmunds would be a great upgrade, he can play inside, cover the middle ala Urlacher, blitz from inside and outside...

With him, I think we could have a really aggressive front 7...

I'm not a fan of Jamie Collins, I confess

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/06/18 03:37 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Honestly don't think our LB's are that great... specially considering the quality of our DL.

Edmunds would be a great upgrade, he can play inside, cover the middle ala Urlacher, blitz from inside and outside...

With him, I think we could have a really aggressive front 7...

Who sits if we draft him? One of the guys who we just signed to monster extensions or the guy who just made the "Pro Bowl"?

Also, should any team in the NFL in 2018 be playing three linebackers as much as we did last season? And then we are adding another guy? On top of that, I would assume Jabrill Peppers will be playing more linebacker next year.

R
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
But we will always have this problem with a top 4 pick on D...

Unless its Fitz to play CB...

Chubb we already drafted MG last year
Fitz has safety, we drafted Peppers last year

Vea?

I would rather go with Edmunds or Ward

E
Legend
Legend
E
When #4? #1? Where talking now Barkley and QB. If not then QB at 1 then at #4 if Barkley is there at 4 we run up with the card.
If Colts took Barkley this opens up #4.
Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Ward n if wish to incluse Edmunds ok...but I dont think he equals Minkah or Chubbs
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C
But we will always have this problem with a top 4 pick on D...

This is not true. We already have three linebackers who are good enough to be on the field. Basically no one plays three linebackers anymore. You're advocating adding another player to that "problem".

Unless its Fitz to play CB...

Correct.

Chubb we already drafted MG last year

Yes. But edge rushers get subbed out all the time so that they can stay fresh and moved inside on clear passing downs. It is much easier to find playing time for another edge rusher than it is to find for another linebacker.

Fitz has safety, we drafted Peppers last year

Peppers played out of position all last season. Drafting a linebacker would only further complicate his role.

Vea?

I would rather go with Edmunds or Ward

I don't think Vea would be in the discussion in the same way that Edmunds would not be in the discussion.

Ward? The whole premise of this thread is that you would consider Edmunds.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/c id rather have Leighton Vander Esch. That dude is going to be special.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Edmunds is one of my favorite players in this draft but I don’t see him being considered for the Browns. I think he’s a special talent. He hasn’t shown the consistent ability to rush the passer, but certainly has potential for it. Right now he’s an off ball LB. I think he could be very good on the inside, in either a 3-4 or 4-3. He’s good in coverage even though he’s 6-4 253. He’s still incrediably young. Learning still. Still though, don’t see him being in consideration for us.

I also like Vander Esch but don’t think he’s nearly the athlete Edmunds is. Also like him as the “mike”. He could be in consideration if he’s still on the board in the second, different circumstances with that then Edmunds. One year production is a bit of a concern.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
He reminds me of Jamie Collins.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not a fan of Jamie Collins, I confess

I didn't notice Collins that much until that fat sob guard on the Lions cheap shotted him and we got stuck with Burgess for the remainder of the season.

Burgess did his best but he's no Jamie Collins. Once Collins his impact was clear to me.

Someone should have gotten the Lions back for that one. They have a history of being a dirty team

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/08/18 07:06 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:
Instincts are average and relies on athletic gifts

Can't say i know much about the guy, but the above quote sounds a lot like Chaun Thompson.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
There's so many prospects that popped to me at the combine that i'm still trying to sort through...

Leon Baker, Lorenzo Carter, Josh Sweat, Jerome Baker

P
Legend
Legend
P
Jerome Baker would be a steal in the 2nd round ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
E
Legend
Legend
E
over the years I try not to get turned on by prospects found at the combine. Guys who I have deemed good then get wowed to attest my judgment like Barkley that is different. But kids who come out of no where...be careful go re-look at his tape like NFL scouts might do but in many cases if their football on film was not good they do not deserve the climb up the boards.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Tremaine Edmunds

Link Copied to Clipboard