Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
Since some of you have asked: The Browns and RB Duke Johnson have been working toward a new deal. They absolutely want to keep him. Still somewhat apart on money. We'll keep watching.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/973288293294071809

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
Since some of you have asked: The Browns and RB Duke Johnson have been working toward a new deal. They absolutely want to keep him. Still somewhat apart on money. We'll keep watching.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/973288293294071809

That’s good news! Always loved his skill and hard work attitude. If we ever get good he’ll be a fan favorite.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Any team will want to keep a Duke Johnson. His great plays makes people not mention a lot of the fumbles. He's a dynamic player catching or running. Hope John can get something done but not get crazy with the $. IDK what I'd even pay for Duke lol.

Legend
Legend
good news

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Michael Silver
‏
Verified account

@MikeSilver

Since some of you have asked: The Browns and RB Duke Johnson have been working toward a new deal. They absolutely want to keep him. Still somewhat apart on money. We'll keep watching. 👀

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Good thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Retaining him should be priorities 1, 2, & 3.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Nice. thumbsup

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
This kid is a stud. Haley will make him a probowler.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
good news
WR go Duke!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
good news
WR go Duke!

Question.

You always see Johnson as a Slot Receiver. Now he's not with Landry around.

He'll be utilized as a RB out of the backfield. Forever I've thought a RB with the hands and moves he's got would be deadly just beyond the LOS in front of LBs whose ankles he could break.

Can you see Johnson and Landry both lining up in opposite slots?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Get er done!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I remember a great WR Taylor with Redskins who was a RB his first two seasons then became a WR...a HOF WR. I see Duke in that same growth. Duke has mentioned he relishes his role at WR.

In this draft we could get Barkley or or another that would take reps at RB away from Duke. Here we are looking to extend him. Im seeing his growth here to the air game at WR. Btw where does he stand the last two years at RB...at WR. Guess what hus asset has been best at WR.
So when I see him being extended...I am thinking expanded at the air game. I know I should not think out loud. But u asked hope I answered appropriately.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: kwhip
He'll be utilized as a RB out of the backfield. Forever I've thought a RB with the hands and moves he's got would be deadly just beyond the LOS in front of LBs whose ankles he could break.

Running backs catching the ball out of the backfield might be the biggest mismatch in the NFL today. Duke Johnson is great at catching the ball out of the backfield.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: kwhip

Running backs catching the ball out of the backfield might be the biggest mismatch in the NFL today. Duke Johnson is great at catching the ball out of the backfield.

And he's slick as hell too.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Get us a good WR on the opposite side of Gordon and hope Njoku/Devalve improve. That's a GREAT WR corp now.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
not sure the value on Duke but something like 4 years and $16-20M with $8M guaranteed?

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: wojo_dew
not sure the value on Duke but something like 4 years and $16-20M with $8M guaranteed?

Likely quite a bit more. You gotta think he's essentially a slot wr like Landry but some of his yards come on rushes as opposed to all receptions. More like 8 to 10m/yr I'd think

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Someone said, and I agree, that Duke as a receiver out of the backfield is a playmaker. With he and Landry as the short/dump-off options can create a lot of positive plays.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Someone said, and I agree, that Duke as a receiver out of the backfield is a playmaker. With he and Landry as the short/dump-off options can create a lot of positive plays.

Duke and Landry with the short game... yes. I was thinking about this the other day. Looking like it could be crucial for 2nd and long, 3rd and short and etc type plays.

Who knows... maybe Haley can get this team to successfully run a damn screen play! We never seem to be able to execute screen plays, no matter who or what.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Duke and Landry with the short game... yes. I was thinking about this the other day. Looking like it could be crucial for 2nd and long, 3rd and short and etc type plays.

Who knows... maybe Haley can get this team to successfully run a damn screen play! We never seem to be able to execute screen plays, no matter who or what.

Duke has successfully run screens. Crow has too. I think the number of HB screens (lack of), and then the type of screens (ie FB/TE screens) is the problem. Hopefully, Haley can help.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: predator16

Likely quite a bit more. You gotta think he's essentially a slot wr like Landry but some of his yards come on rushes as opposed to all receptions. More like 8 to 10m/yr I'd think

Not sure, not a lot of back-up running backs making more then $4M per year (yet alone starters)

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

I suspect it will be much closer to to predator's numbers. 8m-10m a year is Jordy Nelson, Pierre Garcon numbers. At best, he'd be closer to Edelman's numbers which is about 5.5m/year. If he gets more than 4 or 4.5m a year, , I'll be surprised.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This is good news about Duke. He's one draft pick that worked out for us. When I heard about Danny being traded to N.E. and read stories about Corey C. maybe being cut I couldn't help but think 2 more #1 picks of ours that didn't pan out. I don't think they are busts but you could probably have drafted players in the 3rd round that would be just as if not more productive than them. Hard to believe one franchise could be so inept at drafting especially the 1st round. superconfused

Legend
Legend
Pay the man

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Was just checking Duke's stats last year and he only (still a lot) had four fumbles? Man it seemed like it would've been way more than that? Maybe they just stick out mroe because they were rather crucial plays/downs.

Do you guys remember this? When this happened I remember yelling "HE CRUSHED THEIR ANKLES!!!!!!!!!!!! HE CRUSHED EM'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

By golly to catch a pass and be moving forward, instantly see your surroundings and to plant and juke backwards like that... insane.

E
Legend
Legend
E
he's going to be a great WR. wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I still think we would have been okay with Duke in the slot instead of going after Landry... but...

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Not sure, not a lot of back-up running backs making more then $4M per year (yet alone starters)

Duke shouldn’t have been the back up. Plain and Simple.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab
he's going to be a great WR. wink

Duke is going to be a great football player-- RB, receiver, whatever. Give him the ball and let him make plays.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
We could be lethal with a double slot. Trips get too crowded. But we could throw some stuff at a D. TT can get some of this underneath as well.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Was just checking Duke's stats last year and he only (still a lot) had four fumbles? Man it seemed like it would've been way more than that? Maybe they just stick out mroe because they were rather crucial plays/downs.

Do you guys remember this? When this happened I remember yelling "HE CRUSHED THEIR ANKLES!!!!!!!!!!!! HE CRUSHED EM'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

By golly to catch a pass and be moving forward, instantly see your surroundings and to plant and juke backwards like that... insane.

Totally not football related, but when you watch the video, the first view of the play, when Duke jukes the two defenders it looks like #37 has a big puddle of blood under his head, like in the movies. shocked

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Totally not football related, but when you watch the video, the first view of the play, when Duke jukes the two defenders it looks like #37 has a big puddle of blood under his head, like in the movies. shocked

Those would be dreadlocks my friend.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I didn't really think it was blood.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
May it was snot.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

The McKinnion contract (4 years, $30M) may determine what Duke's market will be. I have to assume Duke likes seeing that figure.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Found this interesting:

Quote:
.@SharpFootball on @Midday180: Most efficient pass a QB can throw is a pass to a RB on early downs. Least efficient is pass to a RB on third down. The concept has been backward in NFL for years. Use third-down back earlier. (Dion)Lewis matchup nightmare on perimeter. Can also run it.

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/973946053140639744

I guess the same would apply to Duke. Use him earlier more often.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some of us referred to Hue as " Captain obvious " for a reason .. That's why we have us a OC this season .. Hopefully we will be rewarded ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I guess the same would apply to Duke. Use him earlier more often.

I'm down of course. But also, would 3rd down passing be the least efficient of all downs as well? Just wondering

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

The McKinnion contract (4 years, $30M) may determine what Duke's market will be. I have to assume Duke likes seeing that figure.

I read on PFT he got 11.7 in guarantees too.

Should have minimal impact on Duke IMHO. McKinnion is being paid to be a starter, Duke will not be. I suspect he'll get between $15 and $20m for 4 years.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns working to sign Duke Johnson to an extension

Link Copied to Clipboard