Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,740
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,740
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Roderic Johnson is bad. He was abused in camp. He's soft. He is very similar to Cameron Erving.


Highly agreed...Last prior to the draft I warned the board (as Roderick was being mocked in round 2-3) of the same issues you noted...And Roderick ends up on the ground a lot, which is another reason I warned about Cameron Irving prior to him getting drafted. I hope he can at least be a solid back-up for us, but we will be in trouble if he is starting.

tru_dawgs #1422112 03/15/18 10:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Bro, he might get cut.

tru_dawgs #1422121 03/15/18 10:39 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Roderic Johnson is bad. He was abused in camp. He's soft. He is very similar to Cameron Erving.


Highly agreed...Last prior to the draft I warned the board (as Roderick was being mocked in round 2-3) of the same issues you noted...And Roderick ends up on the ground a lot, which is another reason I warned about Cameron Irving prior to him getting drafted. I hope he can at least be a solid back-up for us, but we will be in trouble if he is starting.


"Ends up on the ground a lot" is not good. wink


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

cfrs15 #1422146 03/15/18 11:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
no matter who we put there, it isn't Joe - it's going to be a step backward.

The good news is that we don't need the guy to play like Joe - if they can pull off a Ross Verba level of play, that'd be great.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,336
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
The good news is that we don't need the guy to play like Joe - if they can pull off a Ross Verba level of play, that'd be great.


Didn't Ross Verba say he was the best LT in the NFL at one time?


UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,887
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,887
Third best but you’re close! That meant he was better than one of Walter Jones, Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden.

That being said, I’m so depressed about Joe. My first time meeting the Dawgtalkers was his first game as a Brown. I bought his jersey. Every time I think about it, I frown.


Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,740
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,740
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
The good news is that we don't need the guy to play like Joe - if they can pull off a Ross Verba level of play, that'd be great.


Didn't Ross Verba say he was the best LT in the NFL at one time?

Ross Verba had that swag before it was a term lol I always liked his attitude, both he and tre Johnson were some of the tougher lineman we've had...I liked Fraley and Tucker as well.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,740
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,740
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Bro, he might get cut.
would not surprise me...my fault is I always hope someone will at minimum be a solid backup...then again our team mainly consisted of solid backups lol

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,518
Remember Pete, Joe didn't play in pre season last year . We saw a bunch of Coleman and Co. at that spot ..

cfrs15 #1422211 03/16/18 07:27 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,804
O
OCD Offline
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,804
In a better world we could just clone JT.

waterdawg #1422345 03/16/18 12:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,608
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Coleman played some LT in pre-season if I remember right . Wasn't pretty ...lol . Ya can't fix it all in a single season.


How quickly people forget. lol


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Left Tackle?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5