Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I don't know how real the rumors are that Rosen isn't dedicated.

Not saying they are or aren't. I just don't know.

Let me fix that for you. You don't get to his level of greatness in technique unless you are fully dedicated because it takes an insane amount of work ethic to get to that level at his young age. I mean his technique is insanely good and you only get that with tons of hard work.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You would think solid evidence would outweigh silly rumors. Often times that isn't the case.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I don't know how real the rumors are that Rosen isn't dedicated.

Not saying they are or aren't. I just don't know.

Let me fix that for you. You don't get to his level of greatness in technique unless you are fully dedicated because it takes an insane amount of work ethic to get to that level at his young age. I mean his technique is insanely good and you only get that with tons of hard work.

I agree with that wholeheartedly.

That said - with the kid being as smart as he is (and it sounds like he is right up there in terms of intellect) ... I think the "dedicated" issue is more a "committed" sort of question. If he gets two concussions playing in his first year, and as smart as he is, [1] he has other extremely viable options [2] he is smart enough to realize playing football and shortening your life expectancy and cognitive functionality is simply not worth it. He's not like - (I'll probably pick a really bad example and someone can school me here) - Steve Smith, where football was everything to him and without it, he might have been a car salesman. just an alternate perspective of something that might be a factor, not saying it is.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Unless he says something glaringly stupid we will never know. You have to take a shot on a guy with this much talent.

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

I see Rosen dropping in a lot of mocks...which means nothing but the closer we get to the draft those get a little more accurate. Curious to why they are dropping him???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
He had a poor (relatively speaking) throwing session at the combine, while Allen wow'ed everyone.

I'm pretty sure that's what's going on.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some of the press are reporting the he Did Not Wow some of the NFL folks in his interviews .. I am clueless as no one tells me anything , lol .. Just the Media rumor mill . When push comes t shove on draft day all of the top four will fly off the board !

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Some of the press are reporting the he Did Not Wow some of the NFL folks in his interviews .. I am clueless as no one tells me anything , lol .. Just the Media rumor mill . When push comes t shove on draft day all of the top four will fly off the board !

He's outspoken... I you are willing to take an outspoken QB then go with the one we cannot mention....

Unless you think Kap is not signed because he lacks talent?

I don't see Haslam signing in on Rosen, honestly...

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/08/18 02:42 PM.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
From what I’ve read and who knows if any of it’s true or not, the old school guys don’t think as highly of him as some of the “new age” nfl types love him. I’m sure the truth is more on a man to man basis wether guys like him or not. Dorsey is old school, but we don’t know how he feels about him. I know there’s a lot of people on here who like Rosen and I see why, but does Dorsey like him? From what I hear he puts a lot of stock in personal interviews, so we’ll see.

I didn’t hear about him being bad in any of the interviews, where did you read that? Not arguing just would like to read it also.

E
Legend
Legend
E
NFL guys pretty much have their evaluating done its the journalists that get all wishy washy at this point. Me although I will admit Im curious on Allen especially if we get AJ...but for me its Rosen n Mayfield cause accuracy is my PRIORITY

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

Jester posted this earlier:

Quote:
Three NFL QB coaches who spoke with Sports Illustrated's Bruce Feldman raved about the intelligence of UCLA QB Josh Rosen.

"[Rosen] came across very well when we sat down with him (at the combine)," one quarterbacks coach said. The two other coaches echoed this opinion, tossing around phrases like "very impressive" and "came across very well." Just about the only demerit that was lodged against Rosen -- at least from these three -- was that he looked somewhat shaky early in throwing drills, short-arming a few slants. Chalk that up to nerves. We're encouraged (though not surprised) to hear that the UCLA gunslinger is coming through as impressive in interviews. The most consistent knock on Rosen as a draft prospect has regarded "character issues."

Source: Sports Illustrated Mar 6 - 5:36 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1&rw=1

Another poster posted something similar from another QB coach.

I think Todd McShay is a freaking idiot and looking for clicks. He dropped Rosen to 15th after the Combine but left Darnold [who didn't even throw and said he wouldn't change his motion] at #1.

Heck, I don't like Mayfield, but I think it's moronic that McShay dropped him to 11th after the Combine.

McShay will have 20 plus mock drafts before it's all said and done. He sucks and should be ignored.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I’ve been up and down with Allen all along. What will he be in the NFL? It’s so hard to figure him out. Can he fix his footwork and be more accurate? He’s shown in a short time with NFL type of coaching(Jordan Palmer) that he can. Was he really as inaccurate as his stats say? The kids potential is incrediably high. I’m to the point now where if Dorsey likes him, I’m all in. If not, ok then.

Assuming he gets to sit and work on his footwork more and gets more accurate, his decision making gets better,. What I think is at worst, if Allen can’t learn to throw with more anticipation, and is a “see it, throw it” kind of guy, your gonna end up with Jay Cutler type. If he does learn to throw with anticipation, we’ll then you could have something there.

Last edited by dean_fairchild; 03/08/18 04:16 PM.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You would think solid evidence would outweigh silly rumors. Often times that isn't the case.

We have solid evidence that he has suffered at least two serious concussion. It's a medical fact that once you have concussion multiple times that you are far more likely to suffer more of them. These are not rumors but facts.

We do not know if he will be fine in the future or not so it's a scary thing to see in a young player who will be moving to a league that is much rougher because chances are he will get more of them. There is a real risk that he could end up being forced to retire early because of this issue.

There is also a real possibility that he will never have another concussion ever again behind a real offensive line and play lights out.

The Browns have his medical data. We don't so we have to just trust their judgement on this one. Rosen is top QB talent of this draft so I don't envy the tough decision they face.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
My take exactly.

The rips on Rosen about his dedication and leadership are just writers looking to write something.

The only legit concern about Rosen is durability particularly related to concussions.

When he is brought in for private workouts; my opinion is he will be very impressive.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
J/c directed at the 'reports' from Mike Lombardi and his ilk

It bothers me when sports media engage in speculation about personality stuff when they literally have no clue. They don't meet these kids....not that meeting a kid for few minutes would tell you who they are anyway...but they have no clue about who these kids are but take liberties spouting off about them.

And if the 40+ y/o "football guys" don't like Rosen for whatever reason stupid reasons i've read then they need to check themselves. Being intimidated by a kid that's smart and opinionated is weak. I have no reason to question whether Rosen will fit into/lead a locker room.

Last edited by edromeo; 03/08/18 05:41 PM.
Legend
Legend
That is excellent that Lombardi would make that statement.

It has always burned me when I would read that crap about any player.

The only time that I bought into that kind of talk is when it was in quotes from a family member or someone with direct knowledge.

Like when Manziel's father came out and said his son had major problems.

V
Legend
Legend
V
What did Lombardi say?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c...

I see Rosen dropping in a lot of mocks...which means nothing but the closer we get to the draft those get a little more accurate. Curious to why they are dropping him???

He just seems aloof. I would compare him to Jay Cutler. A guy with a ton of talent who his teammates never warmed up to.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I try not to reply to your BS, but once again, you are making things up.

Please provide quotes from his teammates and coaches that validate your claim.

Legend
Legend
Above my post from edromeo.

He is stating what Lombardi said.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The 40+ guys not liking him and the younger guys liking him?

I can kinda believe that. Not saying it is true, but it makes sense philosophically.

Unfortunately, I think Dorsey might fit into that group. I have a feeling we are going to blow it once again.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: eotab
which means nothing but the closer we get to the draft those get a little more accurate.

1. All the mock drafts are literally pointless.

2. We still have nearly two months to go until the drafts, so we are not close at all. Teams haven't had any private workouts and pro days just started.

3. Last year Todd McShay and Mel Kiper had us taking Mitch Trubisky first overall the day of the draft.

Legend
Legend
This time of year you need a sifter to get through the crap.

When these guys visit Berea and they see them one after the other. They will figure it out.

They get to see them throw their route trees. They get to see how they digest their playbook. They see where they are at on offensive and defensive concepts.

Then they loosen them up at dinner and find out what they are like as people and how they would fit into their coaching culture.

I am confident. They will figure Rosen a dud and Darnold is the man. (It's ok to smile).

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
The 40+ guys not liking him and the younger guys liking him?

I can kinda believe that. Not saying it is true, but it makes sense philosophically.

Unfortunately, I think Dorsey might fit into that group. I have a feeling we are going to blow it once again.

Haslam is a conservative NRA type of owner, he would never have someone like Rosen has a QB.. unfortunately I may add.

Best to trade for Nick Foles and get it done.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I try not to reply to your BS, but once again, you are making things up.

Please provide quotes from his teammates and coaches that validate your claim.

I am glad you did. I can't find any, though I didn't do a long search. My comment is based on reports saw in the past.

I actually saw a report on the Bruin report supporting your position, so, comment withdrawn.

See, I can change my position or opinion if I find my first position was wrong.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I am confident. They will figure Rosen a dud and Darnold is the man. (It's ok to smile).

grin

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Haslam let's his political views get in the way of running his business he may just as well sell the team now.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd be fine with that.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I'd be fine with that.

I’d sacrifice our first two picks this year for that ... thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
I know many wish to bring Rosen as a starter right away but for me any of these prospects would benefit that we get AJ to start,hopefully, the entire 2018 season. Each prospect has their reasons for Rosen this gives him the entire 2018 season n next off season to Heal. Build the body properly making him solid n strong as well as learning the NFL game.

We dont need these kids in 2018 if we got a functioning AJ out there. We make them all better n strong to become our starters in 2019.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Um, we traded for tyrod Taylor

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Not for the long term, however.

The Browns will still take a quarterback. If they deem one worthy of the first overall selection, I don't think that's off the table.

V
Legend
Legend
V
lamp was replying to eotab talking about AJ.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Correct.

gmstrong

-----------------

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

umm obviously I didnt know about the trade for Taylor...but guess what, ummm just put Taylor in there for what I said about AJ.
We still will get our franchise QB in the draft.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol, ummm... Seriously though, you were not up-to-date.

gmstrong

-----------------

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Some Action from Rosen's Pro Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMALDqMHV4k

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
Not a complete mock just the quarterbacks.

Browns select Darnold.

Giants select Rosen.

Colts trade out with Bills who select Allen.

Mayfield goes to the Jets.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
God I hope your wrong..

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I would take Darnold in a heartbeat.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Josh Rosen

Link Copied to Clipboard