Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I kinda hope they draft Christian Kirk this year, if only to watch the confusion about Christian Kirk/Christian Kirksey. shocked smile

Imagine if we also had Christian Kirk's cousin - Kirk Cousins.

I think the universe would blow up if that happened.

You guys are sadists LOL Combine that confusion with the quality of announcers that we draw due to our record???

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For a little balance there is this article. I dont have high hopes for Tyrod if he was good he would still be a Bill.

Linky

Sal Maiorana, @salmaiorana Published 7:36 p.m. ET Jan. 7, 2018 | Updated 8:23 a.m. ET Jan. 8, 2018

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Almost one year ago to the day, Tyrod Taylor did not speak to the media at the conclusion of the Bills’ final game, a loss to the New York Jets at the Meadowlands, a game in which he was benched for financial reasons.

That day, it seemed as if Taylor’s time in Buffalo was done; no way were the Bills going to bring him back given the huge salary he was due to be owed in 2017. Yet Taylor did return, mainly because he agreed to restructure his deal, betting on himself that he could convince new coach Sean McDermott that he could become the Bills’ long-term franchise quarterback.

Sunday afternoon, Taylor did not talk to the press again, though for entirely different reasons as he was officially in concussion protocol after getting his head slammed to the turf in the final minute of Buffalo’s 10-3 AFC wild-card playoff loss to Jacksonville.

Here’s where the story diverges because this time, I do think Taylor has played his final snap for the Bills. He did not prove to McDermott, nor general manager Brandon Beane, that he’s the answer at the game’s most important position, and I fully expect Buffalo to move on.

Taylor wasn’t the only reason why the Bills could not upset a Jaguars team that was begging to be upset, but he quarterbacked a game where the Bills scored only three points, during which he passed for only 134 yards.

Enough has to be enough now. It’s time to try something different because three years of Taylor has seen the Buffalo pass offense regress from 28th to 30th to 31st this season. The Bills have changed head coaches, offensive coordinators, and receivers, and still, they’re spinning their wheels in an era when you have to be able to throw the ball to win.

If this is the end of Taylor in Buffalo, let me say it wasn’t all terrible. He was a master at not turning the ball over, throwing only 17 interceptions as a Bill, including one Sunday. He did help the Bills end their 17-year playoff drought. And, he was a dynamic athlete to watch, and on many days, his mad dashes to avoid sacks and pick up first downs were the best part of Buffalo’s offense. But that just isn’t a sustainable model for productive offensive football in the NFL.

Sunday was essentially a microcosm of his three years here. He made some great plays with his legs, and he kept the Bills competitive in the game. However, he misfired far too many passes, failed to see open receivers, and on only a few plays did he throw the ball downfield as his longest completion went for 16 yards.

Taylor has been an exemplary locker room leader, a terrific young man in the community, pleasant enough in his dealings with media, and occasionally a fun player to watch. But I’m done, and so, too, should be the Bills.

Joe Thomas #73
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Originally Posted By: Glw12
Tyrod had a winning record playing for Buffalo. He took Buffalo to their 1st playoffs in what, 17 years? That's right Buffalo. If we can continue to give him some weapons in the draft, he is good enough to do the same in Cleveland. Why do most Browns fans always look at the negatives on a player? Sure Taylor is not a top ten QB but that doesn't mean that with some help he can't turn this losing team around. He is probably the best QB we've had since Bernie. What positive influence will Haley have on him? We don't know but he is our QB, at least for this season. For once we are putting emphasis on winning games now instead of looking to the future while making excuses why we are too young to win now. I like the Taylor trade and hope he plays well enough that our rookie QB stays on the bench. He may not be perfect but he's good enough to help us win games. For all who want to start a rookie QB, the losing will continue and we will be looking for a new coach. I just want to win and Taylor can help us do that.

I'm having new different thoughts about all this.
After a lengthy call with a old high school buddy who's a bill's fan.
Sell out on 1and 4, move them both down a bit and use the capital to move up for additional 1st rd picks. They could take 6 players in the 1st rd.
Pollute so much talent around TT thatthey win no matter what.

He got buffalo to playoffs with a garbage team around him.

I'll point to Trent dilfer,nick foles,russell Wilson and Eli manning.
Quarterback that won't titles just because the defense and running games we're so damn good it didn't matter what the qb1 play was.

Legend
Legend
its funny, they are moving on from Tyrod, only to end up in the pit of misery again.

if they think nathan peterman is the answer....oh boy.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
I'll also point to noodle arm Payton manning on a Denver team that won in spite of manning noodle arm.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
its funny, they are moving on from Tyrod, only to end up in the pit of misery again.

if they think nathan peterman is the answer....oh boy.

Dumb how they fleeced us for a 3rd for their backup plan.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgwood
I'll also point to noodle arm Payton manning on a Denver team that won in spite of manning noodle arm.

and one of the greatest QB minds in the game!

Joe Thomas #73
B
Legend
Legend
B
I doubt they are banking on him. They are banking on whoever is sitting at #3. Evidently they have 3 names and are good getting any one of them, and have a 50/50 chance it will be 1 of 2 names as the Giants may not go QB.

A article I read said Buffalo explored all options, including our pick at #1. So that leaves the Giants at #2. That means the Giants were probably not interested in selling or asking to much. When you ask to much, you really aren't interested is my take.

I do know Buffalo is going to go QB...at least as sure as one can be at this point. So if the Browns go QB, at least one of Barkley or Chubb will be on the board.

I now think that is how we are going to go...QB then one of the two unless we get a nice offer for #4.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgwood
I'll point to Trent dilfer,nick foles,russell Wilson and Eli manning.
Quarterback that won't titles just because the defense and running games we're so damn good it didn't matter what the qb1 play was.

Woah, Eli Manning?

I live in the NYC area. I watch a lot of Eli. He does need talent around him to be effective. But when he's effective, he's very effective. He just happened to have teams with very good defenses during his two superbowl runs.

You can pull something like that off every now and then. But i'll tell you, sustained success requires getting the QB position right.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Garcia

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You can make the case that Eli was the MVP for both SBs the NYG won (2007 and 2011).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hammer
You can make the case that Eli was the MVP for both SBs the NYG won (2007 and 2011).

Folks don't get it who haven't really watched much Eli.

But Manning is extremely clutch in the 4th quarter. He is very good at reading the defense pre-snap. He stays healthy and he's consistent.

Eli isn't the player that his brother was though, and he does need help around him to excel. More-so than Peyton. But Eli is still a very good player. He certainly isn't a guy whose team carried him to a superbowl ALA Brad Johnson in Tampa or Trent Dilfer in Baltimore

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Garcia

Garcia actually had a losing record when he came to Cleveland. However, Dilfer did not and had a better record than Tyrod.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Eli might not be the player that Peyton was overall, however, Peyton was nowhere near as good as Eli was in the playoffs.

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Load em up and fire away. Guys just think of the stellar defense's those quarterbacks had in their "title years"
ALL of them I called out.
Payton manning in Denver.
WILSON beat him, not no no Wilson didn't the legion of BOOM Def did.
Denver learned from past experiences and sold out to get a one year title Def.
I'm so so sorry Eli is a good quarterback, without talent around him he's garbage.

TT is adequate for winning with stellar talent around him.

Last edited by Dawgwood; 03/18/18 07:45 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Tyrod Taylor sees himself as more than a passing fancy in Cleveland

Link Copied to Clipboard