Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
442Dawg Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Apparently OBJ might be on the trading block, with recently refusing to play without an extension. They've been discussing this on 92.3 The Fan this afternoon. Would you want him on the Browns and what would you trade to get him?

I went over to the Giants message board to see what they were saying about him and it's a mixed bag really. About half of the posters like him and think he's worth getting paid, and the other half think his off-field antics aren't worth the headaches. But even those that think he's a headache, don't deny his value as a receiver. Those fans also do the same thing we do here and say that no WR is worth paying huge money to. As if it's our money the teams are spending.

Here's a quote from one of those fans:
"Some facts:

- Over the last two years, Eli Manning’s QB Rating with Odell Beckham in the lineup is 87.1 (23rd-of-32). Without Beckham, Manning’s QB Rating is 75.9 (30th-of-32)

- Over the last two years, Eli Manning’s Pass YPA with Odell Beckham is 6.8 (23rd). Without Beckham, Manning’s Pass YPA drops to 5.7 (last in the league).

- The #Giants score 1.57 points per drive with Odell Beckham (23rd) over the last two years – but just 1.08 points per drive without Beckham (last).

- Over the last two years, Odell Beckham is worth 5.8 points per game to the #Giants. That’s insane for a non-QB. For reference, Aaron Rodgers is worth 11.5 points per game to the #Packers.

If the Giants really want to get rid of him so be it, this dance is getting annoying. "

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
-Tim Robbins as Merlin in Top Gun
D
Legend
Legend
D
No Thanks ...

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes.

The only thing is, they are going to try to leverage a LOT of compensation for him, when you add that into his pending $100m+ contract, I am not willing to give as much as they probably want.

M
Legend
Legend
M
In fact, the Daily News has learned that the price in a prospective Beckham trade is starting at a first-round pick plus. The “plus” is the negotiable part, but the meaning is that it likely won’t require two first-round picks to get it done.

The Daily News has learned the Giants' starting price in a prospective Odell Beckham trade

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
In fact, the Daily News has learned that the price in a prospective Beckham trade is starting at a first-round pick plus. The “plus” is the negotiable part, but the meaning is that it likely won’t require two first-round picks to get it done.

The Daily News has learned the Giants' starting price in a prospective Odell Beckham trade

No one is giving them 2 1st's anyway to have to turn around and make him the highest paid player int he NFL.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ummm. Pass. Guy's a total diva and pain in the butt.

Just don't think he's the right fit for Cleveland.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Nope.

Price and drama nearly neck in neck. I'll pass and watch highlights from a distance for free.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Browns haven't had a player with this much talent on offense since Jim Brown. He is a gigantic douche on and off the field but I don't care, he is absolutely if not THE, one of the top 5 most dynamic offensive players in the league.

100% in

442Dawg Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Originally Posted By: BpG
The Browns haven't had a player with this much talent on offense since Jim Brown. He is a gigantic douche on and off the field but I don't care, he is absolutely if not THE, one of the top 5 most dynamic offensive players in the league.

I'd certainly trade one of our 2nd rounders, and more from the 4th round. But if I had to choose between either Barkley/Chubb or OBJ, meaning trading away the 4th overall pick, I think I take Barkley/Chubb.

Thoughts? By just going by talent alone, which is better? Barkley/Chubb or OBJ?

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 442Dawg

I'd certainly trade one of our 2nd rounders, and more from the 4th round. But if I had to choose between either Barkley/Chubb or OBJ, meaning trading away the 4th overall pick, I think I take Barkley/Chubb.

I'd give them 4 without hesitation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We've got Josh Gordon. Who's plenty dynamic.

I'd rather sign him a babysitter than sign OBJ. Better deal and enough balls to go between Josh and Jarvis

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Coleman straight up...in other words...no.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Beckham and #2 for #1 and its a deal. They can taken Darnold we can have Rosen and I am happy with that.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

I'd rather sign him a babysitter than sign OBJ. Better deal and enough balls to go between Josh and Jarvis

We are back to counting on JG again?

You're right, that's a lot of balls to go around, but guys get hurt. Beckham #1, Gordon #2, Landry in the slot.

Likely never going to happen, the Giants are bluffing, that roster is trash.

442Dawg Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String

Besides the fact that Gordon can't be relied upon, consider this:

Imagine the nightmare defensive coordinators would have game-planning against OBJ, Gordon, Landry, Duke, and Njoku... Could possibly throw Coleman in there too.

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

I would give pick 35 and our 5th, 6th, 7th

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Nope.

Price and drama nearly neck in neck. I'll pass and watch highlights from a distance for free.

+1

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
442Dawg Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
+1
I think that would be a steal!

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

They would rather just pay him than get a 2nd round pick and a bunch of scrap for an elite playmaker.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm afraid I am not a win at any cost guy .. Don't want him representing My Team on or of the field ..

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

They would rather just pay him than get a 2nd round pick and a bunch of scrap for an elite playmaker.

We are a team that is building, and that would be my best offer. Otherwise the draft picks are worth more to me than OBJ.

JMHO

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend

As much as I love his talent.

I just don't believe the Browns would have any interest.

I think they made a mistake in not signing Pryor.

They fact that they were not willing(in their assessment) to overpay on Pryor or Hurns.

That tells me they will go another route with receivers.

OBJ is too much money and too much of a distraction plus he has been hurt a lot.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We are a team that is building, and that would be my best offer. Otherwise the draft picks are worth more to me than OBJ.

JMHO

Alright then that begs the question, who in this draft would have more of an impact on wins and losses than Odell Beckham JR?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If we got him, would we have the best WR core in the NFL? Beckham and Landry are best friends aren't they?

WR Beckham
WR Landry
WR Gordon

I don't really think Beckham fits with Taylor at QB but if we could get him for cheap. Why not? I would consider the following trade.

Giants Receive:
Browns 2019 First Round Pick
Corey Coleman
Browns 2018 4th round pick

Last edited by CleVeLaNd_sTrife; 03/26/18 02:21 PM.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last edited by BpG; 03/26/18 02:24 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's not just trading draft picks to get OBJ. It's trading draft picks to get the chance to sign OBJ to be one of the highest paid players in the league (and counting on him to live up to that contract, which, we've seen many WRs have no interest in doing here)

442Dawg Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
It's not just trading draft picks to get OBJ. It's trading draft picks to get the chance to sign OBJ to be one of the highest paid players in the league (and counting on him to live up to that contract, which, we've seen many WRs have no interest in doing here)

I don't know OBJ on a personal level, of course, but I don't think he'd dog it here with Landry on the same team. JMHO

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Nope.

Wait til this malcontent experiences a losing (hopefully on the cusp of arriving) team. We've seen how he acted whenever his competitive team started doing poorly.

He gets hurt too much.

Now he has some Manziel-esque "Could he be doing drugs there?" photo out floating around.

Legend
Legend
two 2nd rounders and corey coleman for OBJ, but only if he agrees to an extension upon getting traded here.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
[quote=CleVeLaNd_sTrife]If we got him, would we have the best WR core in the NFL? Beckham and Landry are best friends aren't they?

WR Beckham
WR Landry
WR Gordon

I don't really think Beckham fits with Taylor at QB but if we could get him for cheap. Why not? I would consider the following trade.

Giants Receive:
Browns 2019 First Round Pick
Corey Coleman
Browns 2018 4th round pick

[/quott]

No way do I do that. With the expense of a new contract, I ! Might go with one of our 2nds, and the 3rd we got from the Pats, but not much more. He is also going to control where he goes, because no team will trade for him without a new deal, and he,s going to get a huge premium for giving up free agency next year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm passing on him. Way too much of a diva and things are settling down here. We don't need to reverse that.

Plus, as said, who's going to want to drop a bunch of what they're asking and turn around and also make him the highest paid player? Heh, let someone else try to figure it out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No thanks.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
I'm passing on him. Way too much of a diva and things are settling down here. We don't need to reverse that.

I'm not trying to be smug or a jerk but I laughed out loud at the bolded text. Settling down? Down to 0-16?

D
Legend
Legend
D
We don't hear about joke boy JM, Bryant and all the other jokes. Less and less we have to be mocked for Britt and Bowe. Gordon sounds like a "hope it works but I'm banking on him not being there" and I could go on.

It still might be a crap storm, but it was, and could be again, worse. That dudes mouth can easily ruffle the feathers.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
No thank you. Sinking 50 mil into the WR position over the next 2 years is not something I would like to do.

Last edited by CHSDawg; 03/26/18 02:59 PM. Reason: add
Legend
Legend

good discussion today about OBJ

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

There is this one thought.

Trade. OBJ for Coleman and they swap the first two picks and we get a second rounder.

I am not saying I would do this.

But "if" the Giants wanted Darnold and we wanted Allen the Browns might well consider that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish

But "if" the Giants wanted Darnold and we wanted Allen the Browns might well consider that.

How about, if the Giants wanted Darnold and we wanted Rosen or Mayfield?

And that deal?

Legend
Legend
so they want a 1st round pick, plus, AND we'd have to give him a HUGE contract? no thanks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

Not with his injuries adding up - no thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Would you want OBJ and what would it take to get him?

Link Copied to Clipboard