Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1429595 03/29/18 01:10 PM
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Link takes you to every team, not just us.

Walterfootball.com - Track by Team
Track by Prospect

Cleveland Browns (so far)

Josh Allen^, QB, Wyoming (COM, WOR, PRI)
Jeff Badet, WR, Oklahoma (WOR)
Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (COM)
Martez Carter, RB, Grambling (PRO)
Sam Darnold^, QB, USC (WOR, PRO, PRI)
Heath Harding, CB, Miami (Ohio) (PRO)
Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State (COM)
Afolabi Laguda, S, Colorado (PRO)
Baker Mayfield^, QB, Oklahoma (PRI, COM, WOR)
Montrel Meander, CB, Grambling (PRO)
Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (PRO)
Darius Phillips, CB, Western Michigan (SR)
Josh Rosen^, QB, UCLA (COM, WOR, PRI)
Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (COM)
Arrion Springs, CB, Oregon (PRI)
Vita Vea, DT/3-4DE/NT, Washington (PRI)

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2018 Senior Bowl or the 2018 East-West Shrine Game

Legend
Legend
anyone know much on CB Springs?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
The Vita Vea one surprises me. I look at him as a bigger version of Danny Shelton, and he "wasn't a fit" in Williams' D.

B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
So far, I can tell you both WalterFootball and Draftek didn't bother ranking Springs. And I checked under Safeties as well.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
anyone know much on CB Springs?

I know very little. Tons of PBUs, ran 4.4-4.5 in the 40 at his Pro Day, and had a really good PFF rating. No invites to the combine or all star games. That makes me think he's projected to be a late round or UDFA guy.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Springs is a later round guy, UDFA type. Ok size/speed. Badet is another late round, type, WR. He’s really fast though, ran a 4.27, ot a lot of production but does have kick return ability.

O
Legend
Legend
O
There's a lack of RBs on that list, imo.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: clwb419
The Vita Vea one surprises me. I look at him as a bigger version of Danny Shelton, and he "wasn't a fit" in Williams' D.

Vea is much more athletic than Shelton.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/vita-vea
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/danny-shelton

Vea played special teams for Washington.

Legend
Legend
I'm not a proponent of drafting DT in the first, but Vea is better than Shelton IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
and I asked about Springs because I heard a rumor we liked him

M
Legend
Legend
M
CB and OT jump out .... I'd like to see more OT's on the list.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thank you for the thread, hope you update it from time to time thumbsup

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Tavarius Moore wasn't on the list posted yesterday...

Report: Browns bringing in two DBs for visit

Two more draft prospects will come to town.
Josh Edwards - 11 hours ago

The Cleveland Browns will host Southern Mississippi safety Tarvarius Moore (6-foot-1, 199) and Oregon cornerback Arrion Springs (5-foot-11, 205) according to the Hattiesburg American and Pro Football Weekly respectively.

Moore supposedly dazzled at the Golden Eagles Pro Day. He ran a 4.35 and 4.32 in his two 40-yard dash attempts. He also jumped 39.5 inches vertically and 11-foot-1 inches broadly. The Mississippi native recorded 87 tackles, three interceptions, a forced fumble and ten pass deflections this season. A year ago, he had 17 tackles, two interceptions and two pass deflections. He did not attend the NFL Combine.

He also has meetings scheduled with the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts.

“I feel like I did pretty good. Put up some pretty good numbers. A lot of scouts told me they like what they see. I have a lot of meetings scheduled these next two weeks. Cleveland, Miami, Houston, Indianapolis — a lot of places all over. I’m just enjoying the whole process. Just want to go in and impress them in the meeting, show them my football knowledge and hopefully make a team," Moore said.

(Sign up for our FREE email newsletter and do not miss any Browns breaking news during this important off-season!)

Cleveland is in good shape at the strong safety position with Jabrill Peppers and Derrick Kindred. At free safety, the team is expected to start recently acquired Damarious Randall. The depth chart is wide open behind the newcomer though. Derron Smith is the most recognizable name.

Springs had 42 tackles, a sack, an interception and 18 pass deflections last season. In 2016, he had 39 tackles, a forced fumble and 12 pass deflections.

Cornerback is one of the biggest remaining needs for the Browns. They signed EJ Gaines, Terrance Mitchell and TJ Carrie in free agency while shipping veteran Jason McCourty to the New England Patriots. Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Mike Jordan and Jamar Taylor are some of the other returning veterans that are expected to compete for roster spots.

Neither player is projected to be drafted currently. The organization has had good success with undrafted free agents over the years, however. Wide receiver Andrew Hawkins, wide receiver Taylor Gabriel, safety Tashaun Gipson, running back Isaiah Crowell, wide receiver Willie Snead all spent time in Cleveland's organization after being undrafted.

It has also been said that USC quarterback Sam Darnold, UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield, Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen, and Washington nose tackle Vita Vea will take visits to Cleveland. Each team is granted 30 visits ahead of the draft.

The Browns have nine selections in the 2018 NFL Draft, which will take place from Apr. 26-28 at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas.

The franchise also has needs remaining at outside linebacker and, potentially, left tackle.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Browns hosting Baker Mayfield tonight; Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, and Josh Rosen in for pre-draft visits this week
Updated 6:53 PM; Posted 9:49 AM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Two weeks ago, it was quarterback workout week for the Browns. This week, it's QB visit week.

All four of the top quarterback prospects will visit the Browns beginning this week as part of their 30 official pre-draft visits.

Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield, one of the most popular and debated of the bunch, kicks off the QB parade by arriving in Cleveland tonight. He'll also spend Tuesday at the Browns facility in Berea.

Wyoming's Josh Allen will visit Cleveland on Wednesday, and Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold are coming in, although one of them might spill into next week, sources tell cleveland.com.

The Browns are narrowing their choices at quarterback, and are 'very close' to settling on one.

Jackson said at the NFL Annual Meeting last week that Mayfield was 'no doubt' in the mix for the Browns at No. 1, and that they were blown away by his leadership ability when they worked him out privately at Oklahoma last week.

Mayfield will head to New York later this week for visits with the Jets at No. 3 and then the Giants at No. 2, according to the New York Daily News.

Hue Jackson on Baker Mayfield
In addition to the 30 allowable visits, the Browns can host players who grew up in Cleveland or attended a nearby college, including Ohio State. Non-locals coming to visit can meet with club officials and current players and get examined medically, but not work out here.

Browns GM John Dorsey acknowledged last week that he wanted the QBs to visit consecutively so the Browns could compare them to each other. Coach Hue Jackson acknowledged that the pre-draft visits are a key component of the evaluations.

"That's another piece of information for us,'' Jackson said last week. "That's probably the last piece of the process for us to bring them to campus and have an opportunity to sit down with them in a different environment and talk through the things. But we will discuss how we all felt since the trip. But that will be the final piece for us."

He said the group was close to reaching a consensus, but that it could come down to draft night with all the moving parts and interest in the Browns' No. 1 and No. 4 picks.

"We all have a pretty good understanding of who the guys are, what they bring to the table,'' he said. "They're all very worthy candidates. They're all kind of different. But then again, we have to see what's the best fit for us.''

Jackson said he understands why everyone predicts the Browns will take Sam Darnold at No. 1.

"We all know that could happen, but it could not happen, too,'' he said. "We're open and very in the process and haven't made that decision yet and we're working towards it. But I don't think any of those things are out of the possibility."

The Browns are also hosting Rosen despite his former UCLA coach Jim Mora insisting that he's not a fit for Cleveland, which he believes is too blue-collar for the intellectual Rosen.

But Jackson and Dorsey were impressed when they worked Rosen out privately two weeks ago.

"He's really smart, he's engaging, he does want to be in Cleveland,'' said Dorsey. "After our conversations, he has no problems being in Cleveland. Again, it's one of those conversations where that story can take a life of its own but until you meet him I'm not going to get into that. I want to see the person before I make judgment on a person. That's fair, isn't it?''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_river_index

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Too blue collar for the intellectual Rosen?! Really?! I know it's NOT Rosen saying this but good grief he's playing a blue collar type game! Go the Giants. I'm certain that stadium is full of geniuses every Sunday!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Too blue collar for the intellectual Rosen?! Really?! I know it's NOT Rosen saying this but good grief he's playing a blue collar type game! Go the Giants. I'm certain that stadium is full of geniuses every Sunday!

Apparently, they don't have blue collar people in New Jersey.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
4 updates since my first post . . .
They're not all that on the ball as a private workout with Southern Mississippi safety Tarvarius Moore was reported last week and not added to this list.

WalterFootball

Chris Hardeman, FS, Houston Baptist (PRO)
Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan (PRI)
Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas (PRI)
Charvarius Ward, CB, Middle Tennessee (PRI)
Malik Williams, RB, Louisville (PRO)

Legend
Legend
They are all in Philly . . . .

Sensitive types, you know them.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Browns will host Louisville QB Lamar Jackson on visit next week

https://www.brownszone.com/2018/04/03/br...isit-next-week/

#gmstrong
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
I'd like to see Mike Gesicki, Penn State TE make a visit OR, if Browns are interested, stay under the radar. I'd like him with one of our 2nd round picks.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: chet the jet
I'd like to see Mike Gesicki, Penn State TE make a visit OR, if Browns are interested, stay under the radar. I'd like him with one of our 2nd round picks.
I'm not sure he'll last (or that we'll be in the market for a TE that early again)

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: chet the jet
I'm not sure he'll last (or that we'll be in the market for a TE that early again)

I like Gesicki a lot but I think our TE's are pretty good now ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Gesicki gone in first round....for sure. Any team wanting to score points in red zone has to consider him early....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I studied Springs tape. I'm actually really impressed by his reaction time and instincts. There were a few plays I was genuinely amazed at how quickly he diagnosed the play and hustled. I think they're looking at him as a sleeper angel FS prospect. From his tape I see no chance of him making a team as a cb.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
From NFL.com
Quote:

Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss
The 6-1, 195-pound Moore caught my attention with a scintillating pro day that included a 4.32-second 40-yard dash, a 38.5-inch vertical leap and an 11-foot, 1-inch broad jump. When a player produces speed and explosive numbers like that, it requires an extra look at the game tape because those traits are going to be highly coveted by NFL teams. What I found on tape was a safety with good size, play speed that matched his timed speed as well as the smooth footwork and athleticism needed to handle his coverage duties. Moore has cover skills and he's a downhill run supporter. He has quality ball skills and instincts. Somehow, Moore wasn't invited to the NFL Scouting Combine and has flown well under the public's radar, but NFL teams are all very well aware of him. He's likely to come off the board on Day 2 (Rounds 2-3) of the draft. He has the potential to be a good NFL starter.

Perhaps we use 64 on him?

B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Updates in Bold/Underlined

Cleveland Browns
P.J. Hall, DT, Sam Houston State (PRI)
Chris Hardeman, FS, Houston Baptist (PRO)
Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia (PRI)
Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan (PRI)
Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (PRI)
Da'Mari Scott, WR, Fresno State (PRI)
Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas (PRI)
Charvarius Ward, CB, Middle Tennessee (PRI)
Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State (PRI)
Malik Williams, RB, Louisville (PRO)
Deon Yelder, WR, Western Kentucky (PRO)

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Glad to see them at least talking to OSU guys. I swear the Browns have been allergic to winning... I mean Buckeyes. Unless they're a WR coming here in FA.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Glad to see them at least talking to OSU guys. I swear the Browns have been allergic to winning... I mean Buckeyes. Unless they're a WR coming here in FA.

Especially because the Ohio State guys don't count as official visits.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Especially because the Ohio State guys don't count as official visits.
Although it's probably a good idea to avoid any "was the sex voluntary" sorts of conversations.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Browns aren't bringing Barkley or Chubb in for visits

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 12, 2018, 10:49 AM EDT

The Browns haven’t bothered trying to perpetuate the ruse that they might use the first overall pick on anything other than a quarterback.

What’s slightly more interesting is what could be an attempt to cover their tracks as it pertains to the fourth overall pick.

According to Albert Breer of SI.com, Penn State running back Saquon Barkley does not have a visit to the Browns among his pre-draft travels. And N.C. State defensive end Bradley Chubb said on the Rich Eisen Show that he didn’t either.

The Browns are apparently comfortable enough with the tape and character of both players to be willing to do whatever they’re going to do with the fourth pick.

Where it becomes interesting is considering whether they’re ready to pull the trigger on another potential impact player at No. 4 without meeting them, or whether that pick might be for sale to the highest bidder.

If quarterbacks go 1-2-3, someone might be desperate enough to overwhelm the Browns with an offer for the fourth pick.

Or maybe we’re all just overthinking things (that never happens in the NFL) and the Browns are content to add the top running back or the top pass-rusher without having to fly him to Cleveland for a meeting, since they already have the ultimate shiny object (a new quarterback) to distract their attention.

Browns didn't bring Minkah Fitzpatrick in for a visit either

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 13, 2018, 6:43 AM EDT

The Browns are doing a good job of masking their intentions with the fourth overall pick, or else they’re just cheap.

We mentioned yesterday that they hadn’t scheduled visits with either Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb, but they’re not the only top prospects not making their way to Cleveland.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns aren’t scheduled to bring Alabama defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick in for a visit either.

Teams have to conclude such visits by next Wednesday, and since they’re not scheduled yet, it’s hard to imagine them setting one up now. Of course, it’s also hard to imagine why you wouldn’t have contact with three players ostensibly in play with their second first-round pick.

They also didn’t conduct private workouts with any of the three, and didn’t interview Barkley as one of the 60 15-minute interviews at the Scouting Combine.

If they’re not interested in Fitzpatrick, it might only be because they’ve invested heavily in the secondary, acquiring Damarious Randall, T.J. Carrie and E.J. Gaines. But it’s difficult to determine what the plan is now, based on the travel plans they’ve made.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
FOOTBALL GUYS!

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Why bother wasting your limited number of visits on guys that you have no questions about? You know exactly what you are getting with these guys and a visit will not change that. Probably the same for Fitzpatrick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
Why bother wasting your limited number of visits on guys that you have no questions about? You know exactly what you are getting with these guys and a visit will not change that. Probably the same for Fitzpatrick.

the last time we didn't bring someone in for a visit it didn't work out well.

*cough cough* Justin Gilbert.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It looks like Ward could be the #4 pick or a trade back with the Bills with the hope Ward is there at 12 + an additional pick at 22.

Legend
Legend
Don't believe the guys mentioned require the same degree of due diligence that we lavished on Kessler, Kizer, and Manziel. I mean that level of scrutiny and evaluative judgment that we lavished on them was vital to their success. Our limited visits should be spent better than that. We panned Fool's Gold in Berea.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns aren't interested in Chubb or Fitzpatrick!!

Thank God, I says.

At this point,

after all the Db signings in free agency.

The Browns should use all their draft picks on the offense, and the offensive skilled positions mostly!

Just my opinion of course.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I think that the Browns want to use their visits on players with question, in case they trade down, or the board falls in an unexpected way.

They only get what ... 30 of these in house visits? I think that Barkley, Fitzpatrick, and Chubb are all such clean prospects that there are few questions about them off the field. (which is, at this point, where the questions remain for teams at this point) that they have no need for a visit from them.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07

I'm not sure who this hack is that wrote this, but there were meetings at the combine, the ability to see the players at the all star games, on campus meetings, etc... and of course time with coaches, staff, etc... We've done our due diligence on these guys, just didn't bring them in to Cleveland, big deal. Just a hack trying to get clicks.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: clwb419

Vea is much more athletic than Shelton.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/vita-vea
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/danny-shelton

Vea played special teams for Washington.

I don't click on links.
I just want to say.

If they try to bring in Vea to replace Shelton, which they cut in the offseason though he's still healthy.

It will be beyond a draft nightmare, here is why.
( It would be just like throwing away the top pick, AGAIN!!!!!!!)

The EXACT same nonsense was said, (well it wasn't actually "said") when they brought in Danny Shelton to replace Phil Taylor.

and that EXACT same nonsense was done when they brought in Phil Taylor to replace whomever it was before him.

Phil Taylor had better lateral movement and run stopping ability in the middle than the guy before him.

couple years later, ( NO! We were wrong, Danny Shelton has better lateral movement and run stopping ability in the middle than the guy he replaced.)

coulple years later,

it's this year.

If they try to pass off the same nonsense as proper use of a draft pick this year,
it's nonsense I tell ya, on a level I don't want to speak of.

They couldn't just keep Phil Taylor. They couldn't just keep Danny Shelton.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
For this defense I would I'd take Maurice Hurt at DT over Vea

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Prospect Visits Tracker

Link Copied to Clipboard