Next Thread
Print Thread
#1432817 04/05/18 06:31 PM
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
This may have already been discussed. If so I didn’t see it. As fans we’re all used to the fact they always find a way to screw up the draft.

I feel like at 1 and 4 we are in a great position to not screw it up this year but in your opinion what’s the way you think this team could Do just that with these 1st round picks.

For me it’s one of 2 things.
1: trading down. I’m of the opinion your in a position to grab 2 impact players. I see no reason to not do just that.

2: taking Allen at either pick. For me he’s the one QB I just don’t see the hype.

Legend
Legend
probably drafting Allen at 1 and then Ward at 4

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
probably drafting Allen at 1 and then Ward at 4

Yeah, sounds about right

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We draft Josh Rosen at #1 and reach on a player at #4 while leaving Barkley or Chubb on the board.

Josh Rosen calls Eli Manning and starts crying like a baby and we are forced into trading with the Broncos for Baker Mayfield straight up at #5.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
We draft Josh Rosen at #1 and reach on a player at #4 while leaving Barkley or Chubb on the board.

Josh Rosen calls Eli Manning and starts crying like a baby and we are forced into trading with the Broncos for Baker Mayfield straight up at #5.

I'm down with some Baker Mayfield.

We can come up with a worse scenario then that

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Phones go down in Berea 5 min before the first pick and we don't get our card in on time. Giants rush up and take our QB.. Later investigation determines someone hacks Verizon MTSO (Mobile Telephone Switching Office) and causes all Cell and I.P based phones to go down. Copper based landlines were dis guarded years ago do to some pencil pusher wanting to save money..

Now THAT'S a Browns move.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Anything with Allen.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Anything with Allen.

I want Darnold but would not be upset with Allen, because he will sit for a year at least ... My worst case would be Baker Mayfield tsktsk

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/05/18 07:23 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We SHOULD NOT get into a worse case scenario!! No reason to put ourselves there. We have a dream situation this draft!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
We SHOULD NOT get into a worse case scenario!! No reason to put ourselves there. We have a dream situation this draft!
yeah, that's kinda how I see it. Let's just say we let the computer mock drafts pick our draft: we end up with Darnold and Chubb/Barkley

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Browns redefine the word "reach", draft JT Barrett #1. Jimmy says a bum in an OSU jersey handed him a buckeye leaf the last time he was out and about downtown.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The worst case scenario would be Barkley at 1 and Lamar Jackson at 4

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Worst Case scenario?

You mean worse than 1995? Worse than 2006? Worse than 2017?

Don't worry about it, let's see what happens.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
worst case scenario...good question

At 1 it would be either trading down past #2
OR not taking Darnold/Rosen. As much as I like the potential of Allen, not in the top 5. And Mayfield is intruiging, but not in the top 10 for me.

At 4, I think it would either be passing on Chubb if he were still available (regardless of Barkley being there, and I really like Barkley)
OR if Chubb was gone, reaching for someone. For the record, the exception would be Da'Ron Payne, I think that dude is gonna be a great one).

Legend
Legend
Or Dorsey gets creative and manages a multiple team trade in which we give up picks 1 and 4 to acquire Richardson, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Shelton, Erving, Mingo, and Beau Bell

Legend
Legend
Or Dorsey gets creative and manages a multiple team trade in which we give up picks 1 and 4 to acquire Richardson, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Shelton, Erving, Mingo, and Beau Bell

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

I very much felt this way until the talk of Allen got serious.

Rookie
Rookie
Originally Posted By: clwb419
worst case scenario...good question

At 1 it would be either trading down past #2
OR not taking Darnold/Rosen. As much as I like the potential of Allen, not in the top 5. And Mayfield is intruiging, but not in the top 10 for me.

At 4, I think it would either be passing on Chubb if he were still available (regardless of Barkley being there, and I really like Barkley)
OR if Chubb was gone, reaching for someone. For the record, the exception would be Da'Ron Payne, I think that due is gonna be a great one).

I am right with you on pick 1. The only way I trade down past 2 is if it is an out of this world STUPID offer (pick 3, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 1st rounders for the next 2 years). And to be honest, the only way I move down to 2 is for a 1st or 2nd rounder, or straight up #1 for #2 and Backham.

Number 2, I am with you on Chubb. The thought of Garrett, Ogbah and Chubb rotating to stay fresh, and just providing nonstop pressure from 4-5 man rushes is a dream scenario. I too love Barkley, but passing on Chubb for him may be hard to swallow.

We differ on Payne. I feel like people are high on him because of his performance in the college playoffs, but if you dig deeper and watch his regular season, he was good but not great. I would be VERY upset with him at 4. But if we got an amazing offer and traded down from 4, and or traded up from 33 or 35, I wouldn't mind him in the 17-25 range.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Worst Case ...

Browns draft Darnold .. Barkley.. Trade up with 33/35 .. draft Ward.. Then Haslam announces he is moving the Browns to Memphis to start the 2018 season where the Browns go 16 - 0 then win the Super Bowl as the Memphis Rivermen.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Rookie
Rookie
I think the only QB I would be upset with in the top 4 is Allen. It is not that I think he will bust, but he has the lowest floor. He may very well have close to if not the highest ceiling, but he is such a wild card that he makes me nervous. In my eyes, Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold all will be at the very least top 15-20 quarterbacks for the next 6-20 years. Each has their pluses or minuses, but barring injury or other outliers, these guys I believe will be starters and leaders of their prospective football teams.

Allen could land anywhere from Ben Roethlisberger, to Blake Bortles, to Jamarcus Russell. All three were big strong prototypical passers, seen as somewhat raw talents that needed to be groomed for greatness. With the right attitudes, coaching and situation, they could be great but could flop. With these three, you have the 3 possibilities for Allen. If the front office is convinced he will be closer to the Roethlisberger career, I will have to trust them. But I just am too uncertain of this to be taking him at 1 or 4, ahead of guys who I am convinced will NOT be busts.

Legend
Legend
I agree.

I like Allen. However I just don't like the risk.

There is to much of a gamble with him.

He could be the best. And could be the worst.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Trade down for as many 4th and 5th rounders as we can get!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More of the same old same old.

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
Taking Allen at #1

and then....

Trading out of #4 with any team not named Denver.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE

notallthere

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Worst case scenario for me is we finally get the QB right, and some variation of a Len Bias incident prevents him from ever donning an NFL uni.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
2nd String
2nd String
Josh Allen in any scenario. He won't make it to the second round, so that would mean using a first round pick on him and he is not a first round QB, I don't care how strong you THINK his arm is. He isn't a NFL QB and I don't believe sitting him 3 years will change that. The only way I condone taking Josh Allen is if he is the 4th or later prospect we draft.

I could live with just about any other scenario, as I am putting trust in Dorsey until he gives me reason not to. I like what he has done this off season. It will be at least two years before we can evaluate the draft picks, but I can say with a certainty, Josh Allen should not be taken in the first round...even though he will be...

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Drafting Allen or Mayfield would make me question still being a fan of this crook-operated team

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
Phones go down in Berea 5 min before the first pick and we don't get our card in on time. Giants rush up and take our QB.. Later investigation determines someone hacks Verizon MTSO (Mobile Telephone Switching Office) and causes all Cell and I.P based phones to go down. Copper based landlines were dis guarded years ago do to some pencil pusher wanting to save money..

Now THAT'S a Browns move.

This one wins.

P
Legend
Legend
P
We draft Mayfield #1 and just before the first game of the season he loses his cool...... yet again..... and beans one of the opposing players in the head with the football and gets an 8 game suspension by the league.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
rolleyes

I'll play Worst case scenario.

We take Allen at #1 and then we take Mike McGlinchey at #4.

Worse yet (for me) a WR at #4...lol laugh

Oh man I'm pretty secure with Dorsey making these final decisions.

He's taken into consideration. Analytics, Coaching staff, Scouts and Football experience he brings to the table. Including Packer history.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P

Hey tab. Don't shoot the messenger. This kid has had problems with impulse control on more than one occasion. That is most certainly a concern of mine.

But yeah I have to agree with your worse case scenario. Unless they trade down and take Lamar as our QB. That would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Same old same old?

I don't see anything the Browns are doing this year that's much different than what they've done the last 20 years in the offseason, (aside from keeping a coach with a winless record, usualy they get a new coach)

But, in leiu of getting a new coach, they have gotten a new everything around that coach.

Same old same old? Looks pretty same old to me.

One thing I think the Browns have done wrong this offseason that they have continued to do wrong over the past 20 years and I wish they'd learn to improve on, is they part ways with somewhat talented guys they have on the team too early, or don't develop them, or put up with a bad season, or a bad time frame.

I mean, I think they gave up on guys and declared them no good too soon, and I think this is continuing. (It does no good to list incidences and argue about it, I just wish they'd start keeping the team together, and add a couple of pieces, and keep their own guys, )

except for, well, if we're stuck with this head coach I'll at least hope for the best.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Worst case.... hmmmm.

On draft day we trade the #4 pick to the Giants for rights to Odel.... later that night a photo emerges on social media of Odel snorting a white substance off the butt of a prostitute.

At #1 we take a QB and in a couple years we find out that the other top 4 QBs are good while the one we picked is terrible. Lots of options/opinions about who we should take... need to get it right.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I never shoot the messenger... just the message is 100% wrong.

I watched this kid all year. The entire game, warm up crap, etc.

I don't see this impulse control problem. I see a kid who is pumped up and playing a very emotional game, football. He has his entire team pumped up. And I saw him take more crap than I have seen ever before. Teams buy right into it. Taking cheap shots and taking the penalty. All the while he would shut up and at the right time pull his crotch as in I GOT YOU RIGHT HERE! And you know what I thought it was over blown by the media and I thought it was comical cause the other team would do so much more than what Mayfield did. He made a reaction at the right time and at the time where the final nail was in the coffin.

Do I think the NFL game is different. Yep, and I don't expect NFL Teams to carry on the way the college teams against him and I don't expect the same reactions.

But I do expect some calculated bravado against some teams that have owned us and get his team to back him! And they all have a bravado to them. Its something this franchise actually needs. And he did it in the realms of rah rah College. He will do it in the realms of NFL business. He didn't get suspended and he won't get suspended in the NFL.

Actually its something I wish Rosen has a little more of and maybe he could be GREAT someday. wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
I like Baker Mayfield. I would be thrilled if we drafted him.

I agree with you. We have a dream team of folks helping us get it right, and we will.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Okay tab. Forget he ran from the cops. Forget he flipped off an opponents bench. Forget he hit an opposing player in the head with the football on purpose and act like those things aren't an issue. Pretend he'll get away with that kind of crap in the NFL.

It seems like the popular thing to do these days. I would have thought you could at least understand how some people can see it as an issue even if you don't.

I've seen this fan base overlook players doing stupid things before. I've also seen how that's turned out for the Browns.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Worst case scenario?

Link Copied to Clipboard