Quote:
Some thoughts...

Tim Settle, DT
Jessie Bates, FS
Desmond Harrison, OT
Deon Cain, WR
Dante Pettis, WR
Mike Gesicki, TE

Settle I think would be perfect in our D (and will go earlier thatn 64 in reality), but I get why people wouldn't want to add another defensive lineman. Bates is the best FS still available, arguably. I don't think there's an LT prospect left that is worthy of 64, but this guy if his head is on straight might be. Cain and Pettis are my favorite WR left, but I think the dropoff between these guys and what we could get in the 4th isn't that significant. Gesicki would be interesting - another receiving weapon.

BPA is probably Gesicki (TE), Hughes (CB), Settle (DT), or Green (DE).

Looks like we brought in (or spent time with) Harrison for a visit.

Legend
Legend
Waiting on the Steelers here ...

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Less than hour until their time is up. Should we start discussing their pick?

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think you should give predator time to return home from a day of work, as his pick wasn't even up at 11pm last night, so maybe until after 6. I'm going to have to leave shortly, up next if we receive Predators pick.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
ogbonnia okorondo,lb, Oklahoma?

P
Legend
Legend
P

Should we start thinking about #64 ??

superconfused

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/13/18 04:53 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
It was asked in the original thread as well - that's why I posted what I did above. It was my suggestions.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Once again the best edge rusher in the class falls to the Steelers and they select Lorenzo Carter. Throw Long is on the clock. I hope you all drafted the running back you wanted as no one is safe.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Jaguars take Mike Gesicki, TE, PSU. started looking at Gesicki two days ago, as some reports had him as a possibility with the Jaguars earlier pick, and then he gets mentioned all over on DT.s

So I was uncertain if Predator or the pick before were going to pick him up.

This fits well.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 04/13/18 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling again

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
If he doesn't go to the Patriots, I nominate Connor Williams, OT, Texas at #64 .

Legend
Legend
He went in the first I think.

Edit: Yeah he did ...
17. Los Angeles Chargers Connor Williams

Legend
Legend
what WRs, DTs are available?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
He went in the first I think.

Edit: Yeah he did ...
17. Los Angeles Chargers Connor Williams

Tell you what, I went over the first two round 3 times and never saw his name. I think that means I officially suck. Thanks for the correction, though. I'll try to get over sucking.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
what WRs, DTs are available?

DTs of value are slim here, though one is a steal here I think: Tim Settle
Trenton Thompson is a maybe
Rasheem Green was DT in college, but he's pretty light for NFL

WR, there are a handful that are a fit at 64:
Deon Cain
Dante Pettis
Antonio Callaway
Anthony Miller

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How about LT?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
How about LT?

slim pickins at LT in this draft as a whole and these guys might be reaches at 64, but won't likely be around in the 4th.

Desmond Harrison, West Georgia (he met with the Browns)
Geron Christian, Louisville
Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan
Joseph Noteboom, TCU

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chunkwuma Okorafor LT Western Michigan and Rankin from Memphis are the next tackles.

I like Miller a bit better than Cain. But, Kirk the WR is still on the board...

Kirk shows up as the 3rd best receiver on most boards, so that is pretty good.

Last edited by ChargerDawg; 04/13/18 10:52 PM.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Chunkwuma Okorafor LT Western Michigan and Rankin from Memphis are the next tackles.

I like Miller a bit better than Cain. But, Kirk the WR is still on the board...

I don't think Rankin is a LT, but I may be the minority.

Christian Kirk went at #24.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My apologies

T
Legend
Legend
T
GC.

Can we just stop and take a moment to remember that this mock draft correctly selected the Browns pick in 2017, this time last year.

Larry Ogunjobi was selected in this mock draft for the Browns at pick #68, if I recall right.

And the Browns took Larry Ogunjobi with that same pick.

So let's be careful and get it right again this year. saywhat thumbsup

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
My apologies

Zero apologies needed, its hard to keep track of all of the players taken

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After thinking about a bit more Deon Cain or Tim Settle seem like the obvious choices.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is it too early for Jmon Moore?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
GC.

Can we just stop and take a moment to remember that this mock draft correctly selected the Browns pick in 2017, this time last year.

Larry Ogunjobi was selected in this mock draft for the Browns at pick #68, if I recall right.

And the Browns took Larry Ogunjobi with that same pick.
maybe that's just because Sashi was secretly a board member smile

So let's be careful and get it right again this year. saywhat thumbsup

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
A couple possibles at #64 ...

Jessie Bates, FS, Wake Forest

Bates is a tall, lean safety for the Demon Deacons. He has outstanding range, instincts and ball skills from the deep middle and he flashed the ability to match up in the slot. He's a very fluid athlete and has plenty of makeup speed if he's caught out of position. Against the run, he's quick to key/read and fill the alley. He is a low, wrap/drag tackler and he does have some misses on tape. His lack of strength shows up at times. Overall, Bates is a very athletic middle-of-the-field defender and he has the versatility to cover in the slot. He should quickly emerge as a Pro Bowl-caliber player.

BJ Hill, DT, N.C. State

Hill lines up at defensive tackle for the Wolfpack. He has broad shoulders and a thick, muscular frame for the position. Against the run, he plays with balance and power at the point of attack and flashes the quickness to penetrate/disrupt. His effort to chase plays is excellent. As a pass rusher, he has a quick slap/rip move and he generates a lot of pressures. He lacks sack production, but I believe that will come in time. Overall, Hill is very athletic and his best football is ahead of him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...18-nfl-draft-30

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
A couple possibles at #64 ...

Jessie Bates, FS, Wake Forest

Bates is a tall, lean safety for the Demon Deacons. He has outstanding range, instincts and ball skills from the deep middle and he flashed the ability to match up in the slot. He's a very fluid athlete and has plenty of makeup speed if he's caught out of position. Against the run, he's quick to key/read and fill the alley. He is a low, wrap/drag tackler and he does have some misses on tape. His lack of strength shows up at times. Overall, Bates is a very athletic middle-of-the-field defender and he has the versatility to cover in the slot. He should quickly emerge as a Pro Bowl-caliber player.

BJ Hill, DT, N.C. State

Hill lines up at defensive tackle for the Wolfpack. He has broad shoulders and a thick, muscular frame for the position. Against the run, he plays with balance and power at the point of attack and flashes the quickness to penetrate/disrupt. His effort to chase plays is excellent. As a pass rusher, he has a quick slap/rip move and he generates a lot of pressures. He lacks sack production, but I believe that will come in time. Overall, Hill is very athletic and his best football is ahead of him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...18-nfl-draft-30

Or, another CB at 64? (Ranked #33 on Jeremiah's Top 50)

Donte Jackson, CB, LSU

Jackson is an undersized cornerback with rare twitch and make-up speed. LSU moved him all over the field in its scheme. He played inside, outside and even took some reps at safety. In press coverage, he's patient, but I'd like to see him be more physical with his hands at the line of scrimmage. He usually plays out of a quarter turn (butt toward the sideline). He uses his quickness and speed to mirror wideouts underneath and down the field. He rarely gets caught out of position, but when he does, he has the speed to recover. From off coverage, he has a quick pedal and is a very easy/fluid mover. His instincts and ball skills are good but not great. He's a willing tackler, but he's not ultra-aggressive in run support. Overall, Jackson doesn't make a ton of plays, but I believe his best football is ahead of him. He's a special athlete.

(Bates is ranked #38 and Hill is #50 on this list)

Legend
Legend
Bates would be a possibility here

Legend
Legend
These are the guys I have left on my "Moderately Average Board" in positions that we'd care to draft:

ANTHONY MILLER WR MEMPHIS
CHUKWUMA OKORAFOR OT WESTERN MICHIGAN
JESSIE BATES S WAKE FOREST
NATHAN SHEPHERD DL FORT HAYS STATE
DANTE PETTIS WR WASHINGTON
MICHAEL GALLUP WR COLORADO ST
DERRICK NNADI DL FLORIDA STATE
DUKE EJIOFOR EDGE WAKE FOREST
MARTINAS RANKIN OT MISSISSIPPI STATE
EQUANIMEOUS ST BROWN WR NOTRE DAME

P
Legend
Legend
P
Simmie Cobbs WR INDIANA

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's been more than 16 Hours since NE was on the Clock ... superconfused

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
It's been more than 16 Hours since NE was on the Clock ... superconfused

Maybe cfrs is working on his tax return, or maybe he does tax preparations for a living, or maybe his snarktometric phasers have gone out of whack. You never know.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Pick chosen. I'll make a poll for the 64th pick when I get back to my home in an hour or so. Until then let the recommendations roll.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
After thinking about a bit more Deon Cain or Tim Settle seem like the obvious choices.

Those would be my top 2 choices as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't want Cain. Dude was suspended in college for failing drug tests.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
St Brown or Marcelle Ateman as WR
Tarvarius Moore (sp) as S

Legend
Legend
I'd actually consider SHAQUEM GRIFFIN here. He won't be there by the next time we'd pick, and I think his "floor" is probably a stand-out special teams guy with a great locker-room presence.

Legend
Legend
Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

He is Daniel Jeremiah's 30th ranked prospect.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...18-nfl-draft-20

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

He is Daniel Jeremiahs 30th ranked prospect.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...18-nfl-draft-20

I like Bates here if we want to take a S but if we are looking at WR here Simmie Cobbs is the one, as good as Ward is at CB he struggled containing Cobbs ...

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/14/18 03:09 PM.

Legend
Legend
I agree he was dominate against OSU this year. My only worry is his slow 40 time.He did improve on his slow 4.64 combine 40, running a 4.58 at his pro day.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Board Mock Draft? Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard