Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Edmunds by Pittsburgh.
Vander Esch by Dallas

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Broncos not drafting Rosen. Wow. My friend will be pissed.

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
McGlinchey to the 49ers.

Allen to the Bills. I understand it, but I don't think highly of Allen.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Odd as I saw zero mention of Terrell Edmunds as a first round pick anywhere..
Then noticed he was in the green room and knew some team must have promised to take him...luckily it was Pitt lol

Legend
Legend
IMO not many teams had a more risky/questionable pick(s) than we did

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Eh, I disagree. Ward was seen as a high pick. Maybe not the tier Chubb and Barkley were. But right behind.

And Mayfield was supposed to go three to the Jets. We selected him 1. I don't see that as questionable.

Arguments can certainly be made for Darnold over Mayfield. I disagree. Darnold was my third guy because I found his decision making was questionable this year. And there had to be a reason Rosen fell. I mean, he was the one who seemed to be far and away the best of all the QB prospects to me.

The 49ers pick and that O-Lineman, that Edmunds, and the RB (Penny) seemed like bigger reaches than either of our picks for sure

EDIT: Oh, and the trade up by New Orleans for Davenport. I dunno what was up with that

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/27/18 04:30 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Trading up for Davenport.

Taking Kolton Miller at 15.

Trading 12, 53, and 56 for Josh Allen.

Edmunds to Pitt.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

Oh, and the trade up by New Orleans for Davenport. I dunno what was up with that

I really like Davenport for the Saints, but it was pretty expensive.

The Raiders taking Kolton Miller that high surprised me. It kind of fits-I'd heard him called the West Coast Bruce Campbell. Felt like a pick Al might have made.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Yes, we choose the #15 and #22 ranked prospects at #1 and #4. Could not have been any worse.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

This is because some idiot handed them Chubb on a silver platter.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

Yes, we choose the #15 and #22 ranked prospects at #1 and #4. Could not have been any worse.

Oh good lord ... it could have been WAY WORSE and u know it ...

I get your upset, i’m extremely dissapointed ..... venting ones thing but lets try and keep it at least with a smidge of reality ...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

Oh good lord ... it could have been WAY WORSE and u know it ...

I get your upset, i’m extremely dissapointed ..... venting ones thing but lets try and keep it at least with a smidge of reality ...
yes, cause Mayock draft board is the legend that all NFL teams use. . . . .

I don't care where they are ranked, Tom Brady was a 6th rounder, Wilson a 3rd, so on and so on. Its not a scientific method, no matter how much time you sit you youtube and listen to NFL Network.

I was a little perturbed, as I wanted different players as well, but if these kids ball out, who give rats behind where we drafted them.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Plenty of SHOCKERS to me from other teams ....

1. Bills taking the wrong Josh there ... they got a GIFT and turned it down ...i was at a bar about an hour outside Buffalo ... tons of bills fans ... when they traded up they went nuts ... one dude walked by us just then that had a Jill’s shirt on with the name on the back taped over with ... anyone but Allen on it .....

Then they made the pick ... 2 minutes later many of them had their Jill’s shirts off ... rofl ...

2. Niners taking McGlinchey ...

3. Raiders reaching for Miller ...

4. I have no clue what the draft value chart says nor do i care ... that 10th pick had A TON OF VALUE cause of the QB available there and he was a VERY VERY VIABLE option for the next team picking ....

I thought they gave that pick away ..... GAVE IT AWAY ... they didnt even get a 2nd rounder ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

This is because some idiot handed them Chubb on a silver platter.

I read pre-draft that the Broncos were really high on Ward.
Had we chosen Chubb, they would have taken Ward

Indy was also really high on Ward

While many of us (me included) would have preferred Chubb, Ward is by no means a reach

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't get the Steelers pick.
How many people complained that we gave them their next Troy when Banner traded with them allowing them to get Sharmako Thomas

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Agree w/Diam. Oakland gave away pick #10

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Dorsey better not unpack his suitcase. Last night was laughable.
I do not agree with Mayfield, but it is a better pick than Ward. That was ridiculous.

We could have had Barkley (#1) and taken Mayfield at 4. I would be that scenario could have occurred.

I am guessing Dorsey thought Ward was a better prospect than Barkley. That tells me a lot.

Legend
Legend
I think most of the guys have already been mentioned. But these are the guys that shocked my friend and I when they came off the board:

McGlinchey at 9 was shocking. Maybe the Niners were so disappointed that Roquan Smith went a pick before them that they just let somebody's kid send up the pick? But from what I've heard from a lot of people is that this guy just doesn't seem to be a solid left tackle. So he went top 10?

Rashaad Penny at 27 was pretty jaw-dropping. Not so much that he went at the end of the first. More that he went before every other RB not named Barkley.

Frank Ragnow at 20 and over Billy Price, James Daniels and Austin Corbett really had us scratching our heads. That might of been the reach of the night if not for ...

Terrell Edmunds getting picked by the Steelers at 28. He was in the Green room, yes. But that was probably more due to the fact that his brother was the 16th pick. Everyone was so awed and inspired by Ryan Shazier walking, that they didn't bother to stop and question this pick either.

Kolton Miller at 15 and Hayden Hurst at 25 were a little reachy too.

The Browns picks we not terrible reaches. Most boards and mocks I've seen had Denzel Ward rated in the top 10 (and in many cases the top pure CB). Mayfield was usually mocked to go within the top 5. And in my opinion, was probably the #1 guy on the Jets' board.

We should probably have another thread called, "Great value selections". For that I'd say: Derwin James to the Chargers at 17, Fitzpatrick to the Dolphins at 11, and Calvin Ridley to the Falcons at 26 were pretty good pickups.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I gotta add Rosen to the Cards at 10 as a GREAT VALUE especially when u factor in what they gave up for him ...

Agree with Fitz and James ...

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
I do not agree with Mayfield, but it is a better pick than Ward. That was ridiculous.

We could have had Barkley (#1) and taken Mayfield at 4. I would be that scenario could have occurred.

I am guessing Dorsey thought Ward was a better prospect than Barkley. That tells me a lot.
Browns selected Ohio State CB Denzel Ward with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

This is a bit of a shock with NC State DE Bradley Chubb still on the board, but it is not a reach. Ward (5’11/183) rotated with Marshon Lattimore as a sophomore before exploding as a 2017 junior for first-team All-America honors with 17 pass breakups and two picks. Per PFF College, Ward allowed a stingy 35.1% completion rate in 2017 and 54.0 career passer rating when targeted. On tape, Ward showed dominant man-cover skills with fluid hips, lightning-quick feet, and blazing speed, and had a knack for forcing quarterbacks to make especially tiny-window throws to earn completions. He tested as a rare 98th-percentile SPARQ athlete in Indy, destroying the forty (4.32), vertical (39"), and broad (11’4") jumps. Be it in the slot or outside, Ward’s one-on-one matchup ability gives him the highest ceiling in this cornerback class.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Browns selected Ohio State CB Denzel Ward with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

This is a bit of a shock with NC State DE Bradley Chubb still on the board, but it is not a reach. Ward (5’11/183) rotated with Marshon Lattimore as a sophomore before exploding as a 2017 junior for first-team All-America honors with 17 pass breakups and two picks. Per PFF College, Ward allowed a stingy 35.1% completion rate in 2017 and 54.0 career passer rating when targeted. On tape, Ward showed dominant man-cover skills with fluid hips, lightning-quick feet, and blazing speed, and had a knack for forcing quarterbacks to make especially tiny-window throws to earn completions. He tested as a rare 98th-percentile SPARQ athlete in Indy, destroying the forty (4.32), vertical (39"), and broad (11’4") jumps. Be it in the slot or outside, Ward’s one-on-one matchup ability gives him the highest ceiling in this cornerback class.

Could have gotten a very good CB at top of 2nd round. We could have had Chubb and a very good CB. Now we get the leftover pass rushers. We gave up a real difference maker.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O

Sorry but that is not true, no way you know that. If we had taken Barkley at 1, you have no idea what happens with the Giants at 2 and its very possible both Darnold and Mayfield are gone by 4 because all reports had the Jets high on Mayfield too. Rosen lasted until 10 so what does that say about him? If Mayfield is your man you take him at the point that its guaranteed he is there.

I didn't want Barkley at #1, no way I want any RB at #1.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cle23
Trading up for Davenport.

Taking Kolton Miller at 15.

Trading 12, 53, and 56 for Josh Allen.

Edmunds to Pitt.

Good summary.

Calvin Ridley to Atlanta, why tho.

M
Legend
Legend
M
49ers taking McGlinchey

Saints making the trade they did for Davenport.

I like Penny, but was surprised to see him go in the 1st.

I feel bad for Bills fans getting saddled with Allen.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T

Could have gotten a very good CB at top of 2nd round. We could have had Chubb and a very good CB. Now we get the leftover pass rushers. We gave up a real difference maker.

Did we? Did we really? Look back at what you wrote and admit you cannot have said that with 100% certainty. A real difference maker? Is not a shut down corner that? The top corner in the draft?

See it's this type reaction that drives me crazy. These kids have never played a down and they are anointed saviors of the franchise.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
I was kinda shocked when two Centers went back to back and one is currently injured.

That's one of the reasons so many first round talents dropped down to us. We have the makings for a very good second day with our two top picks.

We could get 4 "first round" talents in the first two days of the draft.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Saints making the trade they did for Davenport.

Yeah, I forgot about that one. The pick itself wasn't so much a reach, just that the Saints gave up so much to move up and get him there. Were they that desperate to get a pass rusher?

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like McGlinchey a lot. Have to protect the 150m dollar man.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TBrown4
I was kinda shocked when two Centers went back to back and one is currently injured.

That's one of the reasons so many first round talents dropped down to us. We have the makings for a very good second day with our two top picks.

I agree. The run on OL was a little unexpected. I also was surprised the Steelers and Seahawks took who they did. That pushed about 5 players back

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O

Yeah, I'm anxious to see what we do with those 2 picks, lots of talent there for the taking.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

We couldn't make it work with the #1 and the #4, so why do you think we can get it with the 2nd round picks...

Dorsey is a smartass, so expect some more dumb decisions

Last edited by rastanplan; 04/27/18 11:01 AM.
Legend
Legend

I think that Ward will be a shut down, pro Bowl caliber CB. He has great talent, hips, speed, straight line and closing speed, quick hands, can intercept the ball, has great instincts, and is a very good tackler. he was the guy I had the Browns taking if they had traded down a little bit, but I am fine with taking him at 4.

He is, far and above, the best press CB in this draft, and that was almost certainly Williams's top, number one with a bullet, request for the draft. I am really excited to have him on the team, and am thrilled that we finally drafted a Buckeye. laugh

As far as Chubb, I would absolutely have loved to have him on the team too, and he was the player I had us taking at 4 for quite a while now, but you can't take everyone. The Browns felt that Ward was the best player, who best felt what they needed, so they took him. It would be different if the Browns would have passed on Chubb for a zone CB, but they didn't. Williams wanted a press corner, and the Browns got the best one, and from a school that has had great success churning out great CBs lately.

As much as I did not like the Mayfield pick, I do love the Ward pick.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

We couldn't make it work with the #1 and the #4, so why do you think we can get it with the 2nd round picks...

Dorsey is a smartass, so expect some more dumb decisions

Could not agree more. I am expecting crap today and tomorrow from Dorsey. Seems like a real jarhead.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
How can you pass on the best pass rusher in the draft when our team struggled mightily to get sacks last year?

Ward pick made no sense whatsoever. NONE.

Legend
Legend
How can you pass on the best pass rusher in the draft when our team struggled mightily to get sacks last year?

Ward pick made no sense whatsoever. NONE.

That is simply untrue. The Ward pick makes a ton of sense, as I detailed above.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Makes no sense.

Legend
Legend
I also think the Ward pick had a lot to do with balancing out the talent/money designation along the defense. We have Garrett/Ogbah in front as top picks and making a lot of money. Collins/Kirksey in the middle. Needed something on the back end.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
You have to sack the QB in the NFL. That is priority number 1 on the defensive side of the ball. Dorsey screwed up by talking himself into the pick.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

We got mid first round talent at the top of the 1st round and now you expect them to get 1st round talent at the top of the 2nd round. I expect late 2nd round reaches at 33 and 35.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
no pick was more stupid than the bills trading up to grab Josh Allen.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Questionable selections by others teams

Link Copied to Clipboard